Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments?

Poll: Do you think we should have a WBO tournament with teams

Yes, there should be a tournament with teams
84.07%
No, we should not have a tournament with teams
5.21%
Maybe
10.73%
Total: 100% 634 vote(s)
(Mar. 02, 2011  1:50 PM)momiji manju Wrote: but none of you are rivals with one another in competitive scene.
LeeDraciel going to do an unofficial tag-team tournament in London soon. I did the rough rules draft for this before, it managed to gather people together to form teams. When LeeDraciel hosts the tournament, we will pilot this to see if it would work officially. The tag-team matches involve inter-customisation unlike the official battles.
(Mar. 02, 2011  3:57 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2011  3:46 AM)momiji manju Wrote: This could really lead to bias in tournaments though. For example if rayon and I were to make a team together and get any other bladed, the chances are really against any other team winning in Sydney and mean a a lot less battles per person, thus exposing beybladers to less styles of blading. The rivalry between teams can also lead to a more secluded bey community for new bladders rather than growing one, while "team secrets" and such could also inhibitcommunication between teams in team tournaments.
i don't know about you, but I would be hesitant to pair up with a blader that I don't think I could beat at the end of the tournament. I'd choose my teammates based on how they may grow with me rather than if they already beat everyone else. Even though bluezee wins every tournament, I would never join up with him. In fact, i'd build a team to counter his team.where is the fun without a challenge?

new york rarely discusses each other's main combos so there is no change there. We only discuss what has been previously been played

I absolutely agree with this. I would not be on a team with Deikailo, Cye, or ikmv. I would have no challenge anymore for the most part. Team tournaments would help everyone get better seeing as how they will feel they essentially need each other to grow rather than growing alone and missing out on experiences, fun, and chances to get better at a faster rate. With teams, what one person may not know, another can show them and enhance their skills in that area.
Or a singular/small group of teams can withhold their ownknowledge from other teams, it works both ways.

What I'm saying is it's not all sunshine and rainbows, and too consider this format one has to consider all possible situations
(Mar. 02, 2011  4:19 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Or a singular/small group of teams can withhold their ownknowledge from other teams, it works both ways.

What I'm saying is it's not all sunshine and rainbows, and too consider this format one has to consider all possible situations

Now what is the harm in that? If a team has their own strategies and knowledge, why is that so bad? Would that not make it that much more challenging to have to face a team that has their own strategies and knowledge rather than the same basic forms of play? Why should they have to share and compromise their chances because some other group does not know what they know. Using what you know to your advantage is one of the keys to success.

With that said, there really isnt a problem at all. Maybe other communities do that and complain when they dont know something but for the NJ/NY community, not knowing and the curiousity that we have makes us want to play even more and learn what others know and if you still dont learn, counter what you lose against and find your own way.
You can't say it encourages a higher order of beyblade knowledge within the community then turn around and say that secrets are good.

It's contradictory.
Seem cool, had just the same battle with my friends.
(Mar. 02, 2011  5:00 PM)momiji manju Wrote: You can't say it encourages a higher order of beyblade knowledge within the community then turn around and say that secrets are good.

It's contradictory.

Let me put it this way so it is easier for you to understand then. Teams and team tournaments provide chances for people to gain knowledge and technique. However, by having secrets, they can continue to strive to learn those secrets or in their own ways, counter what they think they might be and become better while developing new team strategies. I know that I would sure feel like I am getting more of a challenge out of a person who knows something I don't rather than someone who has equal or lesser knowledge than me.
This is a little off subject, but there was a beyblade league a few years ago set up on the team system. I think it was called the BBF (Beyblade Battle Federation). It was around the same time as the BBA (the predecessor to the current WBBA). I was part of a team that competed in it. The league was mostly set up in the southeastern US. It was pretty cool. It was set up very similar to the old beyblade show. I think the league fell apart though, they were very legit back in the day. But I agree, if done right a team format would be great.
i heard about that. If that happend that would be so cool
Pssh. You guys are crazy. I'd blatantly put the strongest players on my team. Also, like I posted earlier in the thread, tag team would be the way to go.
(Mar. 03, 2011  4:41 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2011  5:00 PM)momiji manju Wrote: You can't say it encourages a higher order of beyblade knowledge within the community then turn around and say that secrets are good.

It's contradictory.

Let me put it this way so it is easier for you to understand then. Teams and team tournaments provide chances for people to gain knowledge and technique. However, by having secrets, they can continue to strive to learn those secrets or in their own ways, counter what they think they might be and become better while developing new team strategies. I know that I would sure feel like I am getting more of a challenge out of a person who knows something I don't rather than someone who has equal or lesser knowledge than me.

So do normal tournaments.

The strategies you counter are exactly the same as a one on one battle.

You can't have a team strategy, because you're the only one playing the opponent in that instance.

By having teams you reduce the number of opponents you face by sligtly more than 3 fold currently, wouldn't that reduce the number of people you're exposed to?

Most people come in their own little groups in any case, and friendly competition is even better as most friends in groups consider each other rivals.

How is having a team providing you with a more experienced player as opposed to a single player?

I already see everybody interacting during free play and helping each other out during the tournaments I've been to and hosted.

Unless you're saying your community is an unsocial sort, I don't see how teams will lead to a bgger sharing of knowledge, if that's what's already apparent in the community already.

Teams are a novelty akin to a chatbox on the WBO which was tried before.
(Mar. 03, 2011  7:58 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Pssh. I'd you guys are crazy. I'd blatantly put the strongest players on my team. Also, like I posted earlier in the thread, tag team would be the way to go.

But what if there's one win and one loss?

Unless you're playing "survival" style, it would be best to have teams of 3.
Just to say, if we imagined that we went ahead with team tournaments, it would indeed be only tag teams for me. Otherwise, if you had three or more Bladers on a team, then there could be one really bad player who loses all their matches, but since you only need 2/3 against the opposing team to advance in the tournament, then he or she would be dragged along perhaps to the finals and get third place, even though in reality that person is not better than all of the others.

And to make it even more fair, in my eyes, with a tag team, if the first two matches (blue1 - red1, blue2 - red2) ended as a draw between both teams (1 - 1), then the person who lost their battle from each team would go and fight the other 'loser' in the team to determine which group really wins that whole beybattle.
(Mar. 03, 2011  5:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Just to say, if we imagined that we went ahead with team tournaments, it would indeed be only tag teams for me. Otherwise, if you had three or more Bladers on a team, then there could be one really bad player who loses all their matches, but since you only need 2/3 against the opposing team to advance in the tournament, then he or she would be dragged along perhaps to the finals and get third place, even though in reality that person is not better than all of the others.

And to make it even more fair, in my eyes, with a tag team, if the first two matches (blue1 - red1, blue2 - red2) ended as a draw between both teams (1 - 1), then the person who lost their battle from each team would go and fight the other 'loser' in the team to determine which group really wins that whole beybattle.
i can definitely see where you're coming from with the weaker third wheel. Why not implement your loser vs loser solution with a three man team? Each team member must have a win to advance. it almost becomes the wbo's best of five round/first to three system.
Let us say this happens though :

Blue 1 wins against Red 1.
Blue 2 wins against Red 2.
Blue 3 loses against Red 3.

Who does Blue 3 go and fight next ?
blue 3 has to face red 1 and red 2 until he/she produces one win. red team may select the order. red team advances if both red 1 and red 2 can defeat blue 3
@momiji maju: in a tag team if there is one win and one loss, both winners play each other to decide it.
well i was actually planning on doing this when i found this thread and the rules would be this:

3 games, 3 rounds each in an attack stadium

any bey: obvious restrictions in if its banned or not
any type of bey
you must use the same bey for each round
you must launch at the exact time they say rip with a 1-2 second margin
you can bank or launch anyway but you cant aim directly at the top of the other bey
your bey must be unmodified and rubber tips can't be too warn

just like normal rules but the team rules are this:

if one of your members turn up ill you must either have a co member or you must quit the match
each member must play even if the team has lost
each member can only go once
all beys must be MFB unless stated otherwise

also i think it would be more fun to do teams as you must use teamwork , i was also trying to think of a way so that you all battle at the same time, but i haven't thought it up yet...
(Mar. 03, 2011  10:06 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: @momiji maju: in a tag team if there is one win and one loss, both winners play each other to decide it.
I think kai-v's version works better as far as rank is concerned, even if this is the traditional form of tag team battles.
(Mar. 03, 2011  8:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Let us say this happens though :

thats the point of a team and if 1 and 2 won why dose 3 have to battle and they dont get first secound and third place they get first all three of them i think someone should host a team tournment put it on vid then we can all watch whats going on and see how it works
(Mar. 04, 2011  9:01 AM)EpicNinja Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2011  8:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Let us say this happens though :

thats the point of a team and if 1 and 2 won why dose 3 have to battle and they dont get first secound and third place they get first all three of them i think someone should host a team tournment put it on vid then we can all watch whats going on and see how it works
Because blue team could concievably have two amazing bladers and then a third who can barely launch, resulting in two bladers who deserve first and second place and then that remaining blader (who could have lost every match of the tournament) win third place. It creates a large imbalance in the beyrank system vs. the face and credit system.

It can still be this way with tag team doing winner vs. winner.
well for me it determans what kind of beyblade it is. if there is one will it be old beyblades or metal fusion beys? but i like the idea
(Mar. 06, 2011  6:15 PM)earth eagle 14 Wrote: well for me it determans what kind of beyblade it is. if there is one will it be old beyblades or metal fusion beys? but i like the idea

The format (type of Beyblades used) of the tournaments always depends on the tournament organisers. Obviously there are a lot more people with the new Beyblade series though.
Teams would be awsome. Do you think if they did they would have any in Tennessee?
(Mar. 06, 2011  11:59 PM)Mightyman123 Wrote: Teams would be awsome. Do you think if they did they would have any in Tennessee?

Considering that there have never even been regular tournaments in Tennessee, team tournaments are almost impossible right now for that area too ...
ok i think teams would be cool and if you think about it you could still but some skill in to it. also in a way it would be bad but it still be fun.