4.55%
D
0%
D-
0%
F
22.73%
Total: 100% 22 vote(s)
This is a discussion about the movie. What I am saying us we could talk about the movie here.
I love the movie so much!! It deserves those two Oscar awards it got for the song Let It Go and best animated movie!!Grin I love the song so much!!Smile
(Mar. 07, 2014  10:39 PM)ryukiba Wrote: I love the movie so much!! It deserves those two Oscar awards it got for the song Let It Go and best animated movie!!Grin I love the song so much!!Smile
Thank you! I love it too! I like Let It Go and Do You Wanna Build A Snowman? People have been making "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman" jokes at my school. I guess, it is very popular.
Jesus, I hate this movie!! I've heard way better songs. It sucked so much... I just couldn't bear it. Honestly, it didn't deserve any awards AT ALL! I just don't know what to say... I just can't explain how lame this movie was for me.

(Mar. 08, 2014  1:33 AM)The Alchemist Wrote: Jesus, I hate this movie!! I've heard way better songs. It sucked so much... I just couldn't bear it. Honestly, it didn't deserve any awards AT ALL! I just don't know what to say... I just can't explain how lame this movie was for me.

I disagree. I thought songs like ''Let it Go'' and ''Do you want to build a snowman'' are really catchy songs. I definetly think this is one of the best Disney movies pulled off (in my lifetime). Also, there's no need to say things like it sucked, and how it doesn't deserve any awards. That's just not like you.

But then again, it's your opinion.
You're right, it's not like me. I wouldn't care if some guy liked eating dirt, if they like it they like it. I don't really care. However, I sat through hell watching this, I just don't like the Disney animation (faces look weird.)

I was by no means trying to offend anyone, I was just stating my opinion. Maybe it's the fact I don't like English music ...? I just find Studio Ghibli movies to be better. They have more of a better story line. Maybe I'm just not the animation fan... I'm more of an Anime fan.
I rated this as an F, because Disney is not the same. What happened to the classic Mickey Mouse shorts from the 1930s era, Snow White and countless classics? Those things had magic. All of this movie according to some critics is that the movie is a "girl power"/feminist movie. I myself haven't seen it, and never will, unless I'm forced to at school. Don't criticize me for being against the movie, I'm stating my opinion under the American law of Freedom Of Speech.
The movie was underwhelming for me, but Let it Go became even better taken in movie context.

IDK, it's the typical Disney Movie?
(Mar. 08, 2014  3:06 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I rated this as an F, because Disney is not the same. What happened to the classic Mickey Mouse shorts from the 1930s era, Snow White and countless classics? Those things had magic. All of this movie according to some critics is that the movie is a "girl power"/feminist movie. I myself haven't seen it, and never will, unless I'm forced to at school. Don't criticize me for being against the movie, I'm stating my opinion under the American law of Freedom Of Speech.

I don't live in America.
(Mar. 08, 2014  3:38 AM)jubksin43 Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2014  3:06 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I rated this as an F, because Disney is not the same. What happened to the classic Mickey Mouse shorts from the 1930s era, Snow White and countless classics? Those things had magic. All of this movie according to some critics is that the movie is a "girl power"/feminist movie. I myself haven't seen it, and never will, unless I'm forced to at school. Don't criticize me for being against the movie, I'm stating my opinion under the American law of Freedom Of Speech.

I don't live in America.
Please stay on topic.

Anyway, I haven't seen the movie, and don't plan to. It seems very over-hyped and from what I saw of the trailers it seems quite cliche.

Reading this was the highlight of my day. Here I am in the dark, curled up in a blanket, chuckling to myself.

(Mar. 08, 2014  3:06 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Disney is not the same. What happened to the classic Mickey Mouse shorts from the 1930s era, Snow White and countless classics? Those things had magic.

Hi, the year is 2014, it has been exactly 84 years since the 1930's. Technology has evolved tremendously. People have evolved tremendously. Kid's preferences and animation style has evolved tremendously. The world is changing, the producers need to adapt too. Now, how many kids do you know that would legitimately enjoy seeing a very choppy black and white short clip of a basic mouse?

Elsa also has magic.

[Image: 10-0_011-00_0080.jpg?w=620]

Unless, like, you can explain the snowflakes she can spawn out of her hand.

Moving on,

(Mar. 08, 2014  3:06 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I rated this as an F ... I myself haven't seen it, and never will.

Yeah good thinking there buddy, rating a movie without having actually seen it!

(Mar. 08, 2014  3:06 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: All of this movie according to some critics is that the movie is a "girl power"/feminist movie.

Critics will be critics and are you really using the fact that a woman's powers being the main focus of the movie, "according to some critics" as a negative? What's wrong with that? I have watched Frozen about a million times and I absolutely do not think there is an obvious and blatant feminism factor.

(Mar. 08, 2014  3:06 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I'm stating my opinion under the American law of Freedom Of Speech.

Much appreciated.

--

Anyway, I feel like Frozen took a break from the usual genre of princess movies in which "finding the one" or "marrying the prince" is dominant. In Frozen, there is a bittersweet plot twist regarding this and the movie, in my opinion, promotes having good relationships with your siblings very well.

The animation was fabulous and the character designs were stunning.

[Image: elsa.jpg]

Admittedly, I have Olaf's song about Summer Things, Let It Go and Do You Want To Build a Snowman almost memorized.

This movie was amazing and definitely ranks as one of my all time favorites.
I generally like Broadway-esque songs, so naturally I loved the soundtrack of the movie, despite feeling like they tried just a little too hard. The animation is amazing (& I'm not generally one for Disney or Pixar CGI) and pretty much everyone I know, from my 7 year old cousin to High School friends, is obsessed with it. It does sort of annoy me when people criticize something without even having seen it... just comes across as a little narrow-minded and ignorant. I don't think that the "feminist" message was very obvious and truthfully I think people only say that because Elsa and Anna were independent female characters. When a movie has independent male characters, we don't make a big deal of the fact that the guy can do things for himself, do we? Again, there are VERY few Disney/Pixar computer animated movies that I've enjoyed (never really liked Finding Nemo or UP) and Frozen was one of the few exceptions. Don't knock it 'til you try it.
So I think I'm gonna have to try this movie out seeing as I've not hard anything but good things about it. I like the Let it Go song from the Oscars. The build a snowman one kinda annoys me though, haha.

But yeah definitely going to watch this.
Loved this movie. Liked how it wasn't the normal lame princess movies where the dude always has to save her.

#OlafWasMegaBoss
(Mar. 08, 2014  3:06 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Don't criticize me for being against the movie...

@scarabscientist And you did just that, and you individually shot down every major comment I made. I'm sure if you made these comments to me face-to-face, you wouldn't be as harsh. You have failed to acknowledge that I am stating my opinion, opinions aren't always going to be positive.
(Mar. 08, 2014  5:10 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2014  3:06 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Don't criticize me for being against the movie...

@scarabscientist And you did just that, and you individually shot down every major comment I made. I'm sure if you made these comments to me face-to-face, you wouldn't be as harsh. You have failed to acknowledge that I am stating my opinion, opinions aren't always going to be positive.
if that was meant how I think it was (hopefully it wasn't.), that was inappropriate.

I can agree with what she's saying.

There is no way he could contact you like that. Don't argue with a moderator, it will not be a good feel in the end.
You can definitely argue with Forum Moderators, Global Moderators and even Committee Members if your point is valid.

If you're going to have an opinion, the least you could do is have an informed one.

Also, judging something without having seen it, is pretty much meaningless to me. Sorry but it is the truth.

In regards to arguing with moderators, etc ...

I'd like to believe that we are all equals and therefore I am always open to intelligent and healthy debates with anyone. My status gives me no more validity than regular members when it comes to personal opinions.
Alright. I've been addicted to the soundtracks... Especially Let it Go (obviously), For the First Time in Forever (Reprise), Do You want to Build a Snowman and In Summer.

I'm thinking of covering In Summer, since it's just hilarious.

Is anyone else addicted to the soundtracks? Best part of all Disney Movies. I'm not even kidding. The Music. Just brilliant.

I'm addicted. Help.

I'm getting shivers.

HELP.
I have to admit that it wasn't that bad. All the girls in my grade wanted me to watch it because it was "Beautiful", so I watched it, and I loved it. It was a pretty original Disney/Pixar Princess movie because the girl didn't need the guy in the end.
It is good. graphic, animations are perfect. Got great music. (But not the best movie) But Very very good.
I think It is the best Animated Movie.
I love the movie and saw it 5 times, but I can't leave my house without hearing "Let it go".
I think that Frozen was a perfectly good movie, but not a great one. After seeing all the positive reception prior to seeing the film, I was expecting to be blown away, or at least, end up recognizing the film as surprisingly good, like I was with Tangled. I wasn't. The animation is fantastic, and I love the scene on Elsa singing "Let It Go"... that's actually a great song. The thing is, I was a little underwhelmed by the film. It seems like most of the reception comes from the climax where
So yea, it's a good movie, there's nothing necessarily BAD about it, but I still think it's highly overrated and I will admit that it's kind of getting annoying seeing this movie mentioned everywhere, but that's just me.
The movie is like the first I actually thought was great(aside from pokemon for me obviously) but the songs, yes it's annoying sung by everyone in the classroom, but I kinda think the movie was great and deserves an A+