Disk Weight Variance?

My friend @[Lani] sent me these photos earlier. Kind of hard to believe what I'm seeing.

[Image: DufStwm.jpg]
[Image: vQJQ9qg.jpg]

I've been meaning to get a scale, but now I wonder if it's actually a necessity? Can anyone else with a scale weigh some Disks and see if this is an anomaly? (Or if the scale is bad?)
Woah. Are these just two of the same Takara disks in different colorways (just checking), because that is very strange. I can't properly measure them, but how much would this affect the performance of the Bey and the Burst metagame? I feel like it would really create a problem when testing and battling, because different molds would constantly perform in different ways. Burst just got 10 times more unpredictable.

EDIT: I would definitely want to see someone who owns all the different molds of every disk post a chart with each one's weight.
Wow, 16g? That's one of the lightest weights. How ironic for this disk.
Me and Kei weighed a bunch of different Heavy Disks and this one seemed to be the only one that was this light!
Were they all around the 21 g weight range?
^ Ah, should've waited for your reply before jumping the gun. :'D Still really interesting that you discovered this variance at all. Were there huge differences between any others?
Heavy is definitely supposed to be around 21.6 grams, so the discrepancy is entirely in that oddly light one. You guys have no idea what product it came from ?
Really? This is insanely strange...
Is it hollow?
(Dec. 18, 2015  4:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: My friend @[Lani] sent me these photos earlier. Kind of hard to believe what I'm seeing.

I've been meaning to get a scale, but now I wonder if it's actually a necessity? Can anyone else with a scale weigh some Disks and see if this is an anomaly? (Or if the scale is bad?)

hm, that's weird, looks like it's fake.
It's not fake.
Huh very odd... are you certain the scale wasn't negative before you put your disk on there? And can you please bring that to Frosty Drivers i wanna see this disk for myself.
Wow, that's weird. But now that you said that, I weighed mine. I have 3 red ones that weighed 21.6, 21.7 and 21.8. The silver ones seem to be more at the 21.5 range. Looks like some poor quality control, especially on the really light one. Lol
(Dec. 18, 2015  4:18 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: ^ Ah, should've waited for your reply before jumping the gun. :'D Still really interesting that you discovered this variance at all. Were there huge differences between any others?

(Dec. 18, 2015  4:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's not fake.

sorry brad i don't want to insult you, anyways i think it's some kind of manufacturing defect [it's not thing to take lightly, if one have so big diffrence in weight (poor quality). so that mean there maybe more defective parts out-there that].
Weight of all Disks I have access to:

Heavy (1 star, B-15 KHS): 21.6g
Heavy (1 star, B-03 RHS): 21.7g

Wing (3 stars, B-15 SWC): 19.2g

Central (4 stars, B-15 VCF): 20.2g
Central (1 star, B-04 KCD): 20.2g

Spread (3 stars, B-13 VSS): 20.8g

Oval (4 stars, B-14 DOA): 18.4g
Oval (4 stars, B-14 DOA): 18.4g
(Dec. 18, 2015  8:05 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Wow, that's weird. But now that you said that, I weighed mine. I have 3 red ones that weighed 21.6, 21.7 and 21.8. The silver ones seem to be more at the 21.5 range. Looks like some poor quality control, especially on the really light one. Lol

That sort of variation is very normal and it is normal for the added paint to increase the weight. It is not really poor quality control in that case.
(Dec. 18, 2015  5:36 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Huh very odd... are you certain the scale wasn't negative before you put your disk on there? And can you please bring that to Frosty Drivers i wanna see this disk for myself.
Yeah I'm sure, we weighed it several times just to be sure of what we were seeing. The reason we weighed them in the first place is because you could feel the weight difference very clearly when picking them up. I ended up giving it to @[Kei] but I'm sure he will bring it!
Do the undersides of the disks look different? I'm curious where that 5g difference is coming from.
Just to say, I weighed all the Heavy I owned and they were all around 21-22 grams. I think the only silver one I might be missing is from the Spriggan Heavy Defense Booster.
Could it have been a manufacturer's error? I don't really see another reasonable explanation.
(Dec. 18, 2015  4:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Heavy is definitely supposed to be around 21.6 grams, so the discrepancy is entirely in that oddly light one. You guys have no idea what product it came from ?

It was the Heavy Disk she got from me at Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene: Toronto back in August (the only one she had), so it probably came from a B-03 Ragnaruk Heavy Survive? I don't think I had the Spriggan Heavy Defense Booster in the pool of available parts for the first seven participants.

(Dec. 18, 2015  5:36 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Huh very odd... are you certain the scale wasn't negative before you put your disk on there? And can you please bring that to Frosty Drivers i wanna see this disk for myself.

Absolutely certain. I just tested again to make sure (1 Red Heavy, 4 Silver), and still got the same result (21.6-7g for the regular Heavy Disks, and 16.7g for the abnormally light one).

I will definitely bring it!

(Dec. 18, 2015  5:46 PM)Festive Cake Wrote: Do the undersides of the disks look different? I'm curious where that 5g difference is coming from.

The only visual difference I can spot is that two of the four circles imprinted on the inside of the bottom of the Disk are slightly indented instead of being only "imprinted" (if that makes sense?) like the apparently regular Heavy Disks. However, this difference is not nearly pronounced or large enough to produce anything more than maybe a .1 or .2 gram difference, so that can't be the cause of such a huge discrepancy.

I will now dub this Disk ... "Light Heavy" hahaha. But seriously, it was so bizarre being able to tell the difference so obviously from only holding them. Never seen such a huge weight discrepancy of 5g between parts in any series.
(Dec. 18, 2015  4:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: My friend @[Lani] sent me these photos earlier. Kind of hard to believe what I'm seeing.

@[Bey Brad] can you send more pics of it? from every direction hi-res? maybe we all can figureout why it is, my ancle will help me too they are expert in things like that
(Dec. 20, 2015  12:08 AM)CHEHEN-FIREFIRE Wrote: @[Bey Brad] can you send more pics of it? from every direction hi-res? maybe we all can figureout why it is, my ancle will help me too they are expert in things like that

Bey Brad doesn't have it; Lani had the Disk and now I have it. I don't have time to take/post pictures right now, but as I described on the previous page, there is very minimal visually discernible difference between the light Heavy and regular Heavy Disks ...

I'll try to post more photos later, though.