Dir en grey

Shinya is also the only one still pleasant to look at.
Roan Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:Most dir en grey fans have no idea that there are other people besides Kyo in the band.

Most of the time I forget there's anyone besides Shinya, and shut out the background noise that gets in the way of his drumming =P

rofl

Yeah, Shinya is really talented. He's mostly what I pay attention to. lol

Seriously. I don't think I've ever figured out ANY of the Diru drum tabs in my posession. One of my favorite drum parts in a song has to be Yokan's, then again I've always thought that song one of Diru's best all-time. He also has the best image of the group, as he is one damn convincing woman. Second being Karou.
Quote:One of my favorite drum parts in a song has to be Yokan's, then again I've always thought that song one of Diru's best all-time.

ahahahahahahahaha
Yokan was one of the songs where Toshiya decided to not be lazy and write a half-decent bass line.
I dislike the vocals, but the songs has a great bass line, a very, very solid solo and some nice drumming.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Quote:One of my favorite drum parts in a song has to be Yokan's, then again I've always thought that song one of Diru's best all-time.

ahahahahahahahaha

Go sit in a door. I still like it. Not as much as say Increase Blue or Kodou, but still.
Yokan is one of my favourite DeG songs.
It's too poppy for Diru. I don't like it. Unhappy
I'm sure some of you would argue with me to no end on this, but I honestly feel GAUZE is Dir's weakest release. :\

Of the entire album I only like Cage, Zan and Jealous. Which is funny because Jealous wasn't even originally on the album. lol Mazohyst of Decadence is ok too, but I think it goes on for too long.
Roan Wrote:I'm sure some of you would argue with me to no end on this, but I honestly feel GAUZE is Dir's weakest release. :\

Of the entire album I only like Cage, Zan and Jealous. Which is funny because Jealous wasn't even originally on the album. lol Mazohyst of Decadence is ok too, but I think it goes on for too long.

No, I agree. There were only three songs I liked on that album, two of which you named off (Cage and Jealous, along with Yokan). The problem is I haven't heard all of Vulgar and even less of Six Ugly, and almost none of the others. The only two Dir en Grey albums I've heard in entirity (sp?) are Withering to Death and Marrow of a Bone. As far as Gauze, I've heard maybe half.
Dir en grey tried to be a pop band on Gauze.

Dir en grey tried to be a screamcore band on Marrow.

Both were overall carp cds.
Katashi Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I'm sure some of you would argue with me to no end on this, but I honestly feel GAUZE is Dir's weakest release. :\

No, I agree. There were only three songs I liked on that album, two of which you named off (Cage and Jealous, along with Yokan). The problem is I haven't heard all of Vulgar and even less of Six Ugly, and almost none of the others. The only two Dir en Grey albums I've heard in entirity (sp?) are Withering to Death and Marrow of a Bone.

Dude you're totally missing out. MACABRE and Kisou are great. VULGAR is without a doubt their best release and six UGLY is awesome too. You've really only heard the worst of their albums. lol
GAUZE was bad but it had some gems. Most notably, Cage.
Roan Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

No, I agree. There were only three songs I liked on that album, two of which you named off (Cage and Jealous, along with Yokan). The problem is I haven't heard all of Vulgar and even less of Six Ugly, and almost none of the others. The only two Dir en Grey albums I've heard in entirity (sp?) are Withering to Death and Marrow of a Bone.

Dude you're totally missing out. MACABRE and Kisou are great. VULGAR is without a doubt their best release and six UGLY is awesome too. You've really only heard the worst of their albums. lol

So um....*Shifts eyes* Anyone got a complete Diru discography?
Katashi Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Dir-en-grey-...ad.torrent

You're welcome.
Roan Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Dir-en-grey-...ad.torrent

You're welcome.

*Hates torrents* Unhappy But thanks, anyway.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Shinya is also the only one still pleasant to look at.

Amen to that.

Katashi Wrote:Seriously. I don't think I've ever figured out ANY of the Diru drum tabs in my posession. One of my favorite drum parts in a song has to be Yokan's, then again I've always thought that song one of Diru's best all-time. He also has the best image of the group, as he is one damn convincing woman. Second being Karou.

Then get tabs or go buy bandscores, although honestly, the bandscores are pretty expensive. I've no idea how much it is for you there, but here only one bookshop holds them and it's something like US$40 for each album. But to be honest, it doesn't need to be accurate, the rhythm just needs to have the essence of what they're playing, rather than note-for-note accuracy.

Sometimes, the mixing used seems to fudge up the drumming... somehow. I get the feeling it changes slightly every time I listen to the recordings and I can't quite get a firm hold on it. So a lot of the time, I do little improvisations here and there. Plus, with different kits... yeah.

Personally I like Shinya's music in Cage best. It has groove. You shouldn't listen to the studio version, go look for the live recording on youtube. It sounds much better, more life to it. I think they muted down the drums in the studio version. And anyway, Cage is my favourite DEG song.

What impresses me is that it's actually a very simple song to play, technically, but like I said, the song needs a very strong groove to it. Otherwise, it loses meaning.
I got the entire Diru discography lastnight Grin
Tamer Brad Wrote:I got the entire Diru discography lastnight Grin

gg
Double post. Sue me.

Apparently Dir en grey will be releasing two "best-of" discs on December 19th called "Decade 1998-2002" and "Decade 2003-2007".

They're essentially singles collections. I probably won't be buying either of them as I have all of the singles on the discs already.

But for those of you who don't, this is a great opportunity to get them. Smile

Here's the track list for both discs:

"Decade 1998-2002"

Disc one

1. "Akuro no Oka"
2. "Cage"
3. "Schwein no Isu"
4. "Yokan"
5. "304 Goushitsu, Hakushi no Sakura"
6. "Deity"
7. "Rasetsukoku"
8. "Audrey"
9. "Myaku"
10. "Wake"
11. "Jealous Reverse"

Disc two

1. "Ain't Afraid to Die"
2. "Filth"
3. "Bottom of the Death Valley"
4. "Gyakujou Tannou Keloid Milk"
5. "Kigan"
6. "Embryo (Single Version)"
7. "Mushi"
8. "Mr. Newsman"
9. "Umbrella"
10. "Child Prey"

"Decade 2003-2007"

1. "Obscure"
2. "Kasumi" (かすみ)
3. "The IIID Empire"
4. "Drain Away"
5. "Sajou no Uta" (砂上の唄)
6. "Audience Killer Loop"
7. "Saku" (朔-saku-)
8. "Dead Tree"
9. "Merciless Cult"
10. "Kodou" (鼓動)
11. "C"
12. "The Final"
13. "Clever Sleazoid"
14. "Grief"
15. "Agitated Screams of Maggots"
16. "Ryoujoku no Ame" (凌辱の雨)
17. "Repetition of Hatred"
18. "Conceived Sorrow"
If I were to make up a Dir en grey greatest hits compilation, there would be quite a few changes lol.
Yeah, that selection is pretty awful.
Let's see, we're missing The Pledge, Increase Blue, and putting Grief on there for some reason. Most of the Disc One songs I'm unfamiliar with, save Yokan, Cage, and Myaku.