Dir en grey

SexyMichael Wrote:Most dir en grey fans have no idea that there are other people besides Kyo in the band.

I thought everyone just forgets about Die. I know I sure do half the time.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:Most dir en grey fans have no idea that there are other people besides Kyo in the band.

I thought everyone just forgets about Die. I know I sure do half the time.

D:

How dare you? Die is my favorite! <3

Although I can see what you're getting at. He doesn't have a lot of fans. I think that's mostly due to the fact that he's the most downplayed member of the band. Kaoru usually takes the higher guitar parts and solos, Kyo makes the fangirls pee themselves and Shinya is hard NOT to see with the 43058345349590345 drums he has around him. I love Die though. Listen to the solo in RED...[em]. You'll discover a newfound appreciation for his guitar playing. Wink

Also Brad's right. "I'll" is not a good song, not even by Dir en grey's standards. I'll be honest, I think GAUZE is their weakest release.
No, nobody remembers Die because he's too busy telling everyone he hates everything his fans like.
and then he goes off and does a collab with h.naoto

uuhm
I'd say that Die gets more solos than Kaoru tbh.
i'd say that die's a bigger douche than kaoru

though kyo's the biggest douche of all
The video for the song is out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wDIqYIGlC0A

I like it. It's not obnoxious with the grotesque images like GRIEF was but it still retains style.

The more I listen to this song the more I like it. Smile
Hmm.

It's okay.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Hmm.

It's okay.

Which are you talking about, the song or the video?

Or both? lol
Both. The video was sort of annoying in that I couldn't actually see any of them, which made me wonder why they put them in the video in the first place.

And the song is just okay.
sam Wrote:hury lets like emo japanese stuff

because emo and japanese are totally cool

Just so you know, I'm not putting up with your spamming BS here.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
sam Wrote:hury lets like emo japanese stuff

because emo and japanese are totally cool

Just so you know, I'm not putting up with your spamming BS here.

Thank you. Smile

Anyway, I fail to see how Dir en grey fit into the "emo" tag. Even their slowest paced songs are far from this. Overall Dir en grey is a metal band.
Don't even try and group metal and emo together.

Being creepy is part of the band's appeal.
They're in the shock rock genre for a reason, genious.

It's part of the fashion. Rappers have their cars, sex and hoes. Do I find that appealing? No, but I don't like rap or the mentality around it. Dir en grey has blood running from their mouths and children being mutilated. They're dark in an expressive way.
sam Wrote:
Roan Wrote:Don't even try and group metal and emo together.

Being creepy is part of the band's appeal.

how is that appealing.

its just kind of gross really.

GO AWAY
sam Wrote:
Roan Wrote:They're in the shock rock genre for a reason, genious.

It's part of the fashion. Rappers have their cars, sex and hoes. Do I find that appealing? No, but I don't like rap or the mentality around it. Dir en grey has blood running from their mouths and children being mutilated. They're dark in an expressive way.

Quote:Dir en grey has blood running from their mouths and children being mutilated.

wha

srsly, how does someone enjoy this

I SHALL GO NOW

If you're not literate enough to see that I was exaggerating there, then all hope is lost.

You don't even like music in the first place, so it was foolish of me to think I could even attempt to explain this to you.
don't feed the troll, roan
*Sigh* I'm gone for two days and I come home to warzone. Oh well, let the haters hate, I say. No use expending hate over the Internet, especially on a subject that at least ONE person will troll every forum we put the damn thing on.

I watched the PV. Not an absolutely clean break from their recent grossly strange PVs, but it was much better. I particularly liked the ending. TBH, though, I haven't really liked a Diru PV since Saku/Kodou. Ryojoku no Ame was the only really "normal" one released since, and I only liked it because of Kyo's goatee (Kaoru had one too, didn't he?)
Katashi Wrote:*Sigh* I'm gone for two days and I come home to warzone. Oh well, let the haters hate, I say. No use expending hate over the Internet, especially on a subject that at least ONE person will troll every forum we put the damn thing on.

I watched the PV. Not an absolutely clean break from their recent grossly strange PVs, but it was much better. I particularly liked the ending. TBH, though, I haven't really liked a Diru PV since Saku/Kodou. Ryojoku no Ame was the only really "normal" one released since, and I only liked it because of Kyo's goatee (Kaoru had one too, didn't he?)

You liked the video... For a goatee?

Wtf Katashi, seriously?
Roan Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:*Sigh* I'm gone for two days and I come home to warzone. Oh well, let the haters hate, I say. No use expending hate over the Internet, especially on a subject that at least ONE person will troll every forum we put the damn thing on.

Wtf Katashi, seriously?

ROFL, I saw that coming. I forgot to add the whole coolness of the camera angling and coloring. Yay for it looking like night vision footage (Which it probably was). I also liked the whole atmosphere of it.
Katashi Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

Wtf Katashi, seriously?

ROFL, I saw that coming. I forgot to add the whole coolness of the camera angling and coloring. Yay for it looking like night vision footage (Which it probably was). I also liked the whole atmosphere of it.

The nightvision-ess is why I liked it as well.

When you said you only liked it for the goatee I was like... Wow. lmao
Roan Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

Wtf Katashi, seriously?

The nightvision-ess is why I liked it as well.

When you said you only liked it for the goatee I was like... Wow. lmao

Well, Kyo looked good with it, anyway....
Asian facial hair is pretty much insta-fail.

unless it's on takeshi kaneshiro <3
Hmm I finally got down to taking a look at Dozing Green. It's pretty nice, but somehow it reminds me of one of their earlier songs. Can't quite place my finger on it, though. I thought maybe it was namamekashiki from MoaB but doesn't quite seem like it.

Most of the time I forget there's anyone besides Shinya, and shut out the background noise that gets in the way of his drumming =P
Composer of Requiems Wrote:

Most of the time I forget there's anyone besides Shinya, and shut out the background noise that gets in the way of his drumming =P

rofl

Yeah, Shinya is really talented. He's mostly what I pay attention to. lol