Dir en grey

I am not certain what you expect me to reply hahah : I am crazy about them to the point that it seems perfectly reasonable for me to buy the most expensive limited deluxe case for each of their latest release as well as take the most expensive shipping option in order to receive it right on the release date, hah.

So, worth your time ? Yes, you must absolutely dedicate your time to listen to their songs, do not just put them on and do something else at the same time; savour it.
(Apr. 14, 2013  3:18 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Beautiful suicide song, hah?

I am considering getting into Dir en grey, but only if it is worth my time. Should I?

I really think you should!

Nothing beats the original songs tho, I could listen to them all day. They're just the best Visual Kei band! The newer songs are good, but the original songs are just a bit better. I honestly didn't know anybody on the WBO was a fan of them, but I guess there are a lot! Especially Kai-V didn't know you admired them as much as you do!
Can I listen to them while on the WBO? haha

Great, thanks guys!
Sorry for the double post, but I just watched the music video for the song "Lotus", and I liked it! I am no where close to fluent in Japanese but I still loved it!

I heard the more recent albums were more screaming and less singing, and that is not my thing. Can you suggest a "starter" album that you think I would like?
i know dir en grey i recently heard them by this show baki the grappler opening
(Apr. 14, 2013  6:00 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Sorry for the double post, but I just watched the music video for the song "Lotus", and I liked it! I am no where close to fluent in Japanese but I still loved it!

I heard the more recent albums were more screaming and less singing, and that is not my thing. Can you suggest a "starter" album that you think I would like?

DUM SPIRO SPERO does not have that much screaming in it. I strongly recommend THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB.
I finally had time to listen to all of DUM SPIRO SPERO and I pretty much loved it! I hate DIFFERENT SENSE, haha. Way to much screaming/acting like monsters, haha.

I still like LOTUS the best. Eee
DIFFERENT SENSE is cool because of the referrence to the Japanese governement apparently hiding truth about the radioactive leaks, and at the end where "aoi sora" is pronounced like a child would basically.
I guess that is cool then, but still screaming is not necessary, haha.

The meaning is great though!
Very pessimistic news for Dir en grey : Kyo just started his own band called Sukekiyo. Its members are mostly all from dead bands like Rentre en soi (inactive since 2008), so it is not like having those instrument players together bothers the existence of other bands, except Dir en grey ...

So, Dir en grey has their twenty-ninth single SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH coming out on January 22nd 2014 and they released near Christmas a preview of the song on YouTube. They also just announced an a-knot only tour in February 2014 called FINEM LAUDA (usually it is supposed to be 'lauda finem' : applause to the end, but backwards it makes ...), in that month they also go for the first time ever in Australia, and they have some sold out shows in March in Japan. Besides that, who knows ...
OK, I have to post this, because it will almost litterally be my cosplay at Anime North 2014 :

The promotional video for Dir en grey's newest single, SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH.

It is also great because on the calendar photographs that come in the limited first press edition, each member of Dir en grey does one of the stupid monkey impression : hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing.
I love that track, haha. Yeah, I remember I PMed and asked: "What are you gonna cosplay as?" You said: "This Video" haha.