Dir en grey

Its so good, god. Not only is it an amazing return to form for the band, its also a very experimental and progressive release for rock/metal in general. I can safely say that I've never heard anything like it and the combination of metal with middle eastern atmospherics is something only Dir en grey could pull off successfully.

If I had to describe it compared to their older works I'd say its almost like "MACABRE" and "THE MARROW OF A BONE" were spun in a blender and the result was "UROBOROS". It takes the atmospheric, dark and experimental noise nature from "MACABRE" and blends it with the heavy metal sound found on "MARROW".

So basically, its their best album. I can honestly say that it has usurped "VULGAR" as my favorite work of theirs, which is a feat in and of itself because I love "VULGAR" to death and feel its one of the best rock albums to come out in the past decade.

tl;dr: Uroboros is easily the best hard rock album to come out this year, language barrier be damned.
anyone who doesn't like this album sucks
Does anybody else agree that The Rose Trims Again is their best DVD yet ?

Although Kyo is an Adidas addict and that it is often dark (what do you expect from a band whose lyrics can barely be seen in the booklets), I think everything was definitely intense. It would have been better if Vinushka and Inconvenient Ideal had been included, but there is nothing to complain about, really.
no vinushka, no sale
(Jul. 23, 2009  11:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: no vinushka, no sale

pretty viable claim
Ah, you could buy their a knot exclusive DVD, Feast Of V Senses. Yet, for some reason, I remember those limited DVDs to have less than decent quality.

Hopefully Kyo can cut his hair, then they could film another international DVD with Vinushka.
i don't like kyo's singing live
(Jul. 24, 2009  4:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i don't like kyo's singing live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FgZ9Ql91Vw

I'll just leave this here. He sounds amazing here. Really consistent.
Dir en grey's Hageshi sato, kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami is actually part of Saw VII's soundtrack, "in all its Japanese glory", as some people say. As most soundtracks I know, it might not even play during the movie, and it is unfortunate that the series seems to become worse at every movie and that this is the last though ... Yet, it is there, at least.

It also surprises me that Kyo sang for Apocalyptica. He appeared like a man who would keep to himself and only play for his band, or for himself, in solo.
If there are still any active Dir en grey fans, the new single, LOTUS, is absolutely powerful, even the side tracks. It is admittedly rare that I really like their new songs the first time I hear them. Hageshi sato, kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami was quite a change for me, the guitars were quite different and the whole song does not really fit with the chorus. LOTUS is beautiful though. Read its lyrics as well.

If only Kyo had not cut his hair ... He looks fat now ...
It's a shame all that I can listen to is a 60 sec teaser for LOTUS. I like what I hear so far with the 'Obscure-esk' detuned guitar riffs while they incorporated a 'Prog Rock' break away riff after the Chorus.

Though it's only a teaser but it'll be interesting to see which direction they take the music with that Prog Rock riff at the end.
(Jan. 25, 2011  1:48 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: It's a shame all that I can listen to is a 60 sec teaser for LOTUS. I like what I hear so far with the 'Obscure-esk' detuned guitar riffs while they incorporated a 'Prog Rock' break away riff after the Chorus.

Though it's only a teaser but it'll be interesting to see which direction they take the music with that Prog Rock riff at the end.

The full single is available in the usual places online already. It's really good too!

I don't much care for the re-recording of Obscure that's on the single, but the live version of Reiketsu Nariseba that's there is REALLY good. I think that's the best they've ever sounded when performing from Uroboros.
Obscure is really not the same as the original, but it is not bad at all either, especially the chorus. It gives a different impression of the song.

The DVD is also available at a few places, but I have not watched it yet.
Dum Spiro Spero : a very promising album.
So, what's this band about? What type of music is it? I know you like it Kai-V, so I've been wondering if they're any good. Are they?
(May. 21, 2011  5:34 AM)Nano Wrote: So, what's this band about? What type of music is it? I know you like it Kai-V, so I've been wondering if they're any good. Are they?

Yo. Yo.

How can you even ask that question.
(May. 21, 2011  5:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo. Yo.

How can you even ask that question.

They're a Yo-Yo group? I do like to Yo-Yo...

Because I'm an idiot. I would like to know though.
Obviously I really love this band. I find it difficult to even like another group. I have tried getting interested in even just other Japanese bands, and while it can be recognised that there are some good songs, it is for me nothing to the extent of Dir en grey.

Their songs are nothing you can dance to though, and many people have that mentality now.
Ok so if i were to choose one song to listen from Dir en grey...what would it be? could you please suggest a song from this band which is really awesome...there are so many songs to choose from..

regards...dragoonrocks..
(May. 21, 2011  3:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Obviously I really love this band.
I never knew...

(May. 21, 2011  3:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Their songs are nothing you can dance to though
Darn, I like that kind of music. I really like fast pace music. I might try a few Dir En Grey songs, see if I like them.
Ok, I finally had the urge to listen to Dir en Gray. But im mostly an hiphop and RNB person. But today I heard thier song called LOTUS. AND I LUVD IT. Im now an Dir en Grey fan Cool (not bandwagoning) But they could be possibly one of the best band I've ever heard in my life.
(May. 21, 2011  5:00 PM)dragoonrocks Wrote: Ok so if i were to choose one song to listen from Dir en grey...what would it be? could you please suggest a song from this band which is really awesome...there are so many songs to choose from..

regards...dragoonrocks..

They are so varied ... Their two latest songs which will be featured on the same album are different already : Hageshi sato, kono mune no naka de and LOTUS.

If you want to listen to all the styles they had through the decade, here are some personal suggestions I suppose : Cage, Macabre, [KR] Cube, Gyakujou Tannou Keloid Milk, Karasu, Bottom of the Death Valley, Shokubeni, Obscure, The IIID Empire, Dead Tree, The Final, Machiavellism, Ryoujoku no ame, Repetition of Hatred, Namamekashiki ansoku, tamerai ni hohoemi, plus all of the songs on UROBOROS.

If songs like those leave you cold, then you are not for Dir en grey.
From the list of the latest songs i loved the song Lotus...It was pretty awesome...so could i join the Fanclub....Stupid ...
[Image: 248680_234643906550012_186066214741115_1...7380_n.jpg]

1. 狂骨の鳴り (Kyoukotsu No Nari) [The Kyoukotsu's Cry]

2. THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB

3. DIFFERENT SENSE

4. AMON

5.「欲巣にDREAMBOX」あるいは成熟の理念と冷たい雨 ("Yokusou Ni DREAMBOX" Aruiwa Seijuku No Rinen To Tsumetai Ame) ["The desire nest DREAMBOX" Philosophy and the cold rain, or maturity]

6. 獣慾 (Juuyoku) [Carnal Desires]

7. 滴る朦朧 (Shitataru Mourou) [Drip Vague]

8. LOTUS

9. DIABOLOS

10. 暁 (Akatsuki) [Daybreak]

11. DECAYED CROW

12. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 (Hageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami) [With Violence, the Burning Darkness, Twined in My Heart]

13. VANITAS ["Emptiness", in Latin]

14. 流転の塔 (Ruten No Tou) [The Tower of Vicissitudes]
SO PUMPEDDDDDDD.

August 3rd can't come soon enough.