Diablo Discussion

Diablo doesn't do well as an Attack custom..
It just has a lot of recoil and when you put up an attack custom vs it on BD145CS (or whatever variant you like) it will stay in due to its like 70g vs VariAres 50g which will just KO itself.
We'll see how it does at tournaments, and in our own testing.

I am sure a lot of people have had their eye firmly fixed upon it since the weight was announced, lest it become too powerful.
(Jan. 09, 2012  12:54 AM)Dan Wrote: That could work, I guess, but considering heavier and more potent Attackers have failed I'm not too sure.

If I'm not mistaken, the primary goal of that combo was to out-spin if KO wasn't possible.
So, is it safe to say that Diablo BD145CS would be the best option so far?
(Jan. 09, 2012  12:50 AM)th!nk Wrote: Yo, Dan, have you tried MF-F Phantom Cancer AD145RF?

It's surprisingly good. I'd like to try it against Diablo when I get mine.

Yes, please! Grin
I'd like to see that Phantom combo go up against Diablo.
Its probably my only hope atm.
As for the Spin Equalizing combos of MLD, I think it should first manage to stay around inside the stadium... It would actually weigh lesser than 35 grams, while the Diablo combo would weigh double... The weight, Diablo's jaggy design, would certainly push out MLD if it finds a chance. If it doesn't, then MLD is a nuisance. :\
Spin Equalizers are weak pests which try to overpower a much more powerful creature. Their effort may go in vain, but they may certainly be a nuisance for that creature.
In a similar fashion, MLD would never become top tier (its efforts would go in vain) but be a nuisance to many. Tired
I was getting some pretty interesting battles with Diablo BD145CS & R2F and Fang (defense) GB145RS.

though it was in a carp hasbro stadium, as I don't have the standard BB10 one yet. If anyone would be so kind kind to get proper results, that'd be great.
Fang GB145RS is horrrrrrible for defense, Fang, even in defense mode, has a gigantic amount of recoil.
No offense, but can people get more specific than interesting? lol.

I mean seriously, interesting can be taken in SOOOO many different ways.

I firmly stand on my position that Diablo should have tests done in all 4 wheel positions. In position 4, its balance may give it lots of recoil, but maybe in 2 it doesn't. So on and so forth. I just can't wait for my 4D beyblades to come in so I can get some real tests done >.>
Right, my Diablo has arrived. I'll try and do some testing once I wake up, but it may have to wait for tomorrow.

One thing though, I don't think was emphasise enough, is that this wheel really is surprisingly round. I expected rock or metal system Leone size protrusions, but they're about half that. I mean, yeah, it's still decent, but that's why it isn't getting the same results as variares.

However, that's also probably part of why it's doing so well defensively. Ugh.

Gibraltor: It's an interesting idea, but doing tests for all four modes is a huge stretch for my patience at the moment. I will try to look into it and see if any particular orientation alters the performance in any noticeable way in a few rounds, but yeah.

Okay, here's my preliminary findings (take with a large dose of salt, it is no substitute for testing)

Diablo is a defense wheel, through and through. It's not aggressively shaped enough for attack, so it does pretty poorly for that.

Seeing as it's a Defense wheel, that means it now has to be measured on the same scale as Duo, the super-low-recoil wunderkid lovechild of a three-way between Earth, Basalt and Death. This is not particularly good for Diablo.

MF-H Diablo Kerbecs does destroy opponents spin, it is hard to beat with attack, even the Phantom Combo we discussed, as when it makes contact, it easily interrupts the opponents spin, meaning outspin isn't that viable. I also KO'd it once or twice with Blitz, only to have Blitz stop spinning at the same moment Diablo left the stadium.

However, that in itself is the difference between Diablo and a good Duo: Duo doesn't leave the stadium. Duo doesn't get risky DKO's, and it has enough stamina to outspin things anyway.

So yeah, this thing has a lot of weight behind it, but it's going to struggle with being compared to Duo. I actually suspect it may find it's most comfortable niche amongst anti-attack combos (yeah, I still don't see how something that counters attack in a metagame mostly dominated by stamina and defense is anti-meta). It's not bad defensively, though.

Don't get me wrong though, it's a very powerful wheel, it might be on par with Duo, heck, I only did a little bit of free play so it could be better. Depending on what sort of attack releases we see, Duo's lighter weight might make it fall from grace first, but then, the same could occur from Diablo's recoil.

Of course, with that much weight behind it, I'll probably be proven wrong soon enough Tongue_out
Can it handle the recoil it suffers? I'd asked this before, as no one made any mention of it. I had also asked- Is this as tough to control as it was speculated to be?
Considering you are more inclined to giving out some facts about the wheel atm, I guess its the right time (though I don't know whether its the right place) to ask?
It moves at a perfectly fine speed on R2F, even with an MF-H. It's a little awkward because of the momentum created by it's weight, but that's not a big deal. However, even with a great shot, it does relatively little to Basalt.

It handles the recoil fine, for the most part. Usually, it moves a short distance and the attacker just flies away in the opposite direction, even after tamer hits. Then again, every so often you get the wild DKO's or even it being KO'd and at the same time stopping the opponents spin. But yeah, the completely absurb weight means it doesn't suffer too badly from it's poor design.
Cool!
Now I wonder what made VariAres too difficult to move around... Confused
So its pretty much dependent on its weight, and nothing else...
The design is pretty much mediocre, but being paired with the heavy weight, it seems like it makes a perfect counter-attacker. Being able to handle its recoil well is just a bonus!
Probably the same thing, I guess, momentum. But it's really not a big deal.

Yeah, the predictions were right, it feels like Takara Tomy designed the bey, realised how utterly horrible it would be in action, and then force fed it until it was at least 5g heavier than every other wheel in existence. I'm pretty sure if there were a beyblade equivalent of mother nature, this thing would have been struck down by that divine power by now for being such an unnatural abomination.
Hey, would anyone mind testing MF Diablo TH170 D VS Top Tier Attacker/MF Phantom TH170 D? I wanted to see how Diablo done on a higher track against attackers. I also want to see how this does against MF Phantom TH170 D, since right now, it dominates in the UK, London. So yeah, if someone wouldn't mind?
I might leave that for someone else for the time being. The underside is kinda bumpy so I imagine it'll be an easy target for CH120/R145 etc but then, maybe the weight will produce force smash? Still, D isn't very good at staying in a stadium...

Given I'm not particularly excited by this release at the moment, I'll probably skip straight to the "experimentation" phase, I'm sure, somewhere out there, there's something more exciting than BD145CS that is effective, due to the stupid weight TT lumped onto this.

I'd be interested to see a solo spin of Diablo in S2D mode, but the free-spinning thing would probably mess that up. I might do it myself but I hate solo spin testing.

Oh, by the way, idk if it's been said, but I was right about UBM not being fully free spinning, it hits switches as it rotates. On the inner rim of the metal frame, there are four sections with areas of different height (looks a bit like a mountain range. Basically, these push down two levers (well, they're actually extensions of the tip) at the top of X: D more or less, depending how far along the "mountain" they are. The tip is also not as wide as XF, it's only slightly wider than HF/S (which is about the size of WF). But yeah, it goes from XF->S2D->S->S2D->XF and so on.

This was probably already known (I think I vaguely remember it being mentioned near release or something), but it's possible to use Diablo's Ultimate Balance Mode with S mode, as that pulls the top levers down and holds them there. X: D's UBM replaces XF mode with the wheel in UBM.

Day two with Diablo:

Now I see the sluggishness in attack mode, but that's still not it's real problem, though it's decently shaped for enough, decent doesn't cut it.

That said, the weight of this wheel is plain dumb. I used MF-H Diablo Kerbecs AD145WD, it got OS'd by MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS, but MF-H Blitz Unicorno CH120RF had trouble KOing it, if Diablo got a wall save, blitz just flew out. The weight of this thing is just, ugh. That said, it still has terrible stamina, so unless it breaks everything, I doubt it's ban worthy.

(Jan. 10, 2012  12:15 PM)th!nk Wrote: One thing though, I don't think was emphasise enough, is that this wheel really is surprisingly round. I expected rock or metal system Leone size protrusions, but they're about half that. I mean, yeah, it's still decent, but that's why it isn't getting the same results as variares.

Not to be a brat, but I'm going to do the "I told you so" dance lol. jk

Thanks for analyzing the wheel!

I haven't been paying FULL attention to the tests, but from the sounds of it, it's actually fixing the metagame? In a sense that, "against some combos it's superb, against others it sucks" so on and so forth. Perhaps the Age of Plastics will rise again! No more ultimate combos, back to the better blader!

Which is a good question too, I'm curious how this thing does when testing with two people.
P.S. If you got yours from AkiraDaddy(and there's no direct coorelation I understand) maybe mine will come in today or so!
Yeah, I must admit, the preview pictures made it look really aggressive. It still has protruding edges but they're simply not well defined and the whole shape is very rounded.

I don't know, I see it fitting in with defence in general. Maybe a new MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS, but it doesn't quite have the stamina of that combo, or at least, there are a lot more combos around now that can easily outspin Diablo. Diablo vs Duo is the old High Weight vs Low Recoil defense thing.
th!nk : I did mention this to you before. The best description for Diablo would be 'Balance', and a good balance wheel it is.

We are so exposed to the conventional hybrid of Defense-Stamina, that we neglect the other potential combination of hybrid beys. Diablo is definitely Defense-Attack hybrid. The first in it's kind. A type of balance. In my opinion, it's best utilized as a defense, and let its counter-attack (type of attack) do the work.
Yes, that's just what Diablo is capable of doing.
A seemingly good Defense bey, which counter-attacks rather violently.
Should it not have been so heavy, it would have been a shame to even refer to it as the "Nemesis of beys".
I wonder just how its "not so well defined" contact points actually provide such powerful counter attack... :\
Weight is probably the major factor, as I said earlier; which is a sad thing...
Jan: Its contact points are defined enough to send other beys flying. Remember that it takes both beys' contact points to make it work. It's definitely harder against Basalt / Duo, but easier against VariAres, Blitz etc
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:48 PM)Gibraltor Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2012  12:15 PM)th!nk Wrote: One thing though, I don't think was emphasise enough, is that this wheel really is surprisingly round. I expected rock or metal system Leone size protrusions, but they're about half that. I mean, yeah, it's still decent, but that's why it isn't getting the same results as variares.

Perhaps the Age of Plastics will rise again! No more ultimate combos, back to the better blader!

My one wish is this. You just my my spirit smile. Lack of skill annoys the carp out of me.

Diablo is one interesting wheel. I can KO it with Blitz but it is VERY hard. With Vari however, it seems to be a lot easier but at the cost of damaging your metal wheel to a significant degree.
Haha, agreed! Been at this for 7+ years (off and on).
Like physically damaging?
(Jan. 11, 2012  5:31 PM)Gibraltor Wrote: Haha, agreed! Been at this for 7+ years (off and on).
Like physically damaging?

Same here. Since 2000 but consistently. Also, yes physically damaging.
(Jan. 11, 2012  5:05 PM)Uwik Wrote: Jan: Its contact points are defined enough to send other beys flying. Remember that it takes both beys' contact points to make it work. It's definitely harder against Basalt / Duo, but easier against VariAres, Blitz etc

Well,I don't own this bey, so I am basing my posts upon what people say, and what I see in pictures. Smile
And yes, it depends on the contact points of both wheels. Smile
That is just why we were inclined to use a Phantom Attack Combo against this, as it has significantly lower recoil in comparison to Blitz/VariAres. Smile
But yes, the plan was a flop...
I'll have my Diablo Nemesis tonight, and I'll test all four positions to see what's up! Unfortuantely I only have a top tier defense bey at the moment, soooo I'll have to see how he does attack-wise Uncertain

EDIT: Well apparently Phantom Orion decided to come in first. Guess I won't be seeing Diablo til Monday at earliest Unhappy