Diablo Discussion

(Jan. 02, 2012  11:22 PM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote: I only have 1 BD145, Jay has 2, PM him.

3 Tongue_out Pick: Clear, Orange, or Black

Dan, I dont have Aquario, either. What about Leone II or Orion? They seem moderately heavy...
(Jan. 02, 2012  11:18 PM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote: Does anybody use Duo for stamina? Or is it only considered a Defense Wheel?
Pretty much both kind of like Basalt but better. MF/-H Duo Aquario AD145 WD is commonly used. I'm not discussing it any further because it isn't the thread for this.
(Jan. 02, 2012  11:22 PM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote: I only have 1 BD145, Jay has 2, PM him.

About the tests VS Stamina types, alternate launches? or launch Diablo First?

i mean try scythe kronos bd145 eds and phantom cancer bd145eds against diablo
also try diablo against mf duo aquario bd145 rdf or rs
Updated the OP with tests VS Stamina Types.

dragoonevo: I cannot do those tests, i only own 1 BD145, Jay would be the only one who could do those as i stated before.
(Jan. 02, 2012  11:18 PM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote: Does anybody use Duo for stamina? Or is it only considered a Defense Wheel?
I just smack BD145 and MB together and make it Stamina and Defense

Duo is used for Stamina, yes, but it seems most Defense Wheels now seem to do well in both.. Which isn't good at all. (I'm referring to Duo, yeah, and Death which both seem very competent)
Not accounted is how good the balance is for an "attacking" Diablo combination. The tests provided are quite surprising to me, and I feel as if (referring to the first test) BD145 could work well on this combination if the edges can be arranged.

For the test Jaygrazer requested, I can see why the low height is not optimized for a recoil based attacker like Diablo. Possible a track such as S130 could aid this flaw in what could be a great attack wheel!

To ShadowL-Drago, I'd suggest not wasting your time with Scythe on WD. However, would someone mind not to test this against Phantom?
Yeah, Variares has the same problem on LTAC's. I was positive form the start it wouldn't work here either, due to the recoil. (I assume Diablo has quite a bit.)
S130? Hmm, possibly. CH120 would also be a viable option in terms of attack, however for once I myself would like to see this on something different such as S130 as well.
As for BD145... I'm not entirely sure if Diablo would be doing the work, or if BD145 would like it usually does...
I'll do S130 and CH120 testing tomorrow, if needed.
BD145 cannot 'do the work' in this case: it is a dull Attack track. It is often directed at BD145 in Defense, in which case it's dull design infinitely heightens any wheels performance. Not the case here. I don't think we have a track for Attack which would have the same capability BD145 has for Defense.
(Jan. 03, 2012  7:11 AM)Dan Wrote: BD145 cannot 'do the work' in this case: it is a dull Attack track. It is often directed at BD145 in Defense, in which case it's dull design infinitely heightens any wheels performance. Not the case here. I don't think we have a track for Attack which would have the same capability BD145 has for Defense.

R145 and H145 kind of do what BD145 does, in that most KOs netted by them have a lot to do with the track making contact in addition to/instead of the MW, but they aren't as effective, that's for true.
imagine diablo as a stamina type, i wonder if it would be good for stamina, try diablo kerbecs ad145 wd
Below are my review and tests of Diablo

Dimensions (Click to View)

Diablo Modes (Click to View)

Skill Comparative Test Results (Click to View)

Diablo Test Results (Click to View)
Thanks, Uwik. I always thought that "Ultimate Balance Mode" sucked. From my testing, I personally don't prefer it.
I've been doing some battles, and from my observations, it seems that Diablo redirects the shock back into the other Beyblade, and instead the recoil is produced from the other Bey, so it knocks itself out of the stadium. Just a small observation.
Yeah, basically seems to be what it does, from what everyone has said. Probably due to its ridiculous weight.
Why do you say it's ridiculous? Are you referring to the fact that it's the heaviest MW released to date?

EDIT: I was thinking more of that because of the ...I suppose uneven contact points, the shock of the two Beys colliding would be redirected against the opposite Bey, therefore causing the recoil to be produced in the opposite Bey, therefore the battle will result in a stadium out, or possibly a sleep out, depending on where the other Bey recoiled.

EDIT 2: I was thinking that it was because it is heavy. The fact that it is heavy helps reduce recoil, according to what I've seen. Slap an MF-H on it, and a TH170 (because I'm using RDF) and you'd have quite a heavy Bey already. Then it wouldn't have so much recoil anymore. But from what I've seen on mine, it doesn't really have much recoil.
No, I was definitely not referring to the fact it is 5 grams heavier than the next heaviest wheel.

Honestly, what else would I be referring to?

And that does not sound like a physically sound explanation to me.
So it seems it gets results around VariAres ball-park..
Not exactly the feel I got from OP, haha.

Hazel: Yes, in a way those tracks do, and I had those in mind when posting. You answered yourself: not as effective as BD145 is for Defense, but the closest thing we have. Still, R145RF won't make Dark look good like BD145CS would haha. Yep.
(Jan. 03, 2012  11:43 PM)th!nk Wrote: No, I was definitely not referring to the fact it is 5 grams heavier than the next heaviest wheel.

Honestly, what else would I be referring to?

And that does not sound like a physically sound explanation to me.

Well, it's hard to explain. Simply, the uneven contact points like the gaps in between the heads would absorb the shock of the collision, then like a bo staff in karate, and I know this because it's simple physics and I do take karate, it would redirect the shock back towards the opposite Bey.
I sincerely doubt that is anything like what is happening.

This is the heaviest wheel ever produced, and other things are KOing themselves due to their recoil, it having decent smash just rotating and being hit (bringing more momentum to the collision), and primarily the fact it handles impact better due to the fact it is so insanely heavy.
I have updated the OP with Uwik's information on Diablo and his testing. Smile
Ahh, it's good to see someone doing that! I applaud your responsibility!
Could someone test the combo MF-H Diablo Kerbecs CH120RB?

In a high-recoil clash, BOTH beys fly back, but because of RB, there is more grip, which results in less recoil.