Diablo Discussion

(Jan. 04, 2012  1:37 AM)th!nk Wrote: Ahh, it's good to see someone doing that! I applaud your responsibility!
Thanks Th!nk, I'm just making sure that i gather all the information on this wheel and making sure it makes it on that OP so it won't be terribly difficult to dig back out some old tests later. Tongue_out
Seriously, it is something everyone who makes a testing thread should be doing, to make the tests and information easily accessible for those new to the game without the need to trawl through 14 pages of vaguely related discussion. It's been a while since I've seen someone do it, so good job Smile

I'll try and do some testing myself when I get mine, which should hopefully be before the end of the week.
(Jan. 04, 2012  5:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: Seriously, it is something everyone who makes a testing thread should be doing, to make the tests and information easily accessible for those new to the game without the need to trawl through 14 pages of vaguely related discussion. It's been a while since I've seen someone do it, so good job Smile

I'll try and do some testing myself when I get mine, which should hopefully be before the end of the week.

I plan to keep testing this, not only do i want the wheel to be good, but i want to start contributing more than just sitting around waiting for everybody else to do it.
I have been doing some testing for diablo nemesis as well. Here is the result:

Standard WBO Procedure:
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs (attack mode) TH170 R2F vs. MF-H Basalt Bull BD145 CS (calm)
Basalt launched first using straight shot, Diablo using slide shot
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs R145 R2F: 16 wins (16 KO)
MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145 CS: 4 wins (4 OS)
Diablo win percentage: 80%

MF-H Diablo Kerbecs (attack mode) TH170 R2F vs. MF-H Basalt Bull 230 CS (calm)
Basalt launched first using straight shot, Diablo using slide shot
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs R145 R2F: 18 wins (18 KO)
MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145 CS: 2 wins (2 OS)
Diablo win percentage: 90%

I have tried putting BD145, R145, S130 on Diablo but didn't give me the best result. So I used TH170 & it made wonders. Diablo metal wheel just hit Basalt metal wheel instead of BD145 & gave me the best results.

Oh wow that's very very interesting! A TH170 Attacker that actually does significant damage. I'm impressed! I'd like that to be looked into more!

Thanks for those tests!
Could you test that against Duo and Death? Unfortunately I cannot do so myself because I don't own a TH170.
Hmm, seems interesting.

Try and see if this can take down duo + death, and try more tracks. pretty interesting.
(Jan. 05, 2012  4:21 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Oh wow that's very very interesting! A TH170 Attacker that actually does significant damage. I'm impressed! I'd like that to be looked into more!

Thanks for those tests!

Actually, it makes sense - one of the most effective pure combo counters for Basalt BD145CS was a 230 Attacker(MF-H Big Bang 230 R2F iirc) via Force Smash, although I'm surprised to see the TH170 Diablo beating a 230 combo, as well, since the crux of the afforementioned BBP230 combo was that it was useless against everything else, haha.

Were you using it at the 170 height, or 195/220?
Yeah that's actually what came to mind: Big Bang Pegasis 230RF, and that it only beat a couple things. (oh the days of all them counters, hahaha)
Hazel: I was using 170 height for Diablo.

I will try to do some test against MF-H Death Quetzalcoatl BD145CS tonight. Since I don't have Duo, I can't do some tests against it.

A TH170 attacker sure is interesting, because I am expecting it to beat more things than BBP 230RF Smile

However, I think it will have a major weakness : LTDCs. So, I am requesting this combo (Diablo Kerbecs TH170RF/R2F) vs a good LTDC (why not try this out against latest trends like MF Fusion Bull 85RB ? )
Also I would like to see how does this combo does against Scythe BD145CS/RB because, considering that it attacks from above, Scythe's free-spinning PC frame should save it. Also, Scythe is very thin so it should be difficult do get a good hit on it from above.
But I am not 100% sure about these theories, so yes, I would appreciate tests vs the above mentioned combos.
Yeah good point, I'd also like to see against low track defense. After you do the test against death of course.
Wow, I missed this thread... Chocked_2
Still, Diablo seems to be pretty decent in a few tests, and OK in a few...
About the point Shirish made right now, I agree to that too.
HTACs would be disadvantageous against LTDCs. Smile
THANK YOU! I've been waiting ages for a Wheel to do well on TH170 and I've never had my own so I couldn't test anything like that myself.

I always figured TH170, at one point, would be good for some attack custom. Hopefully others can do just as well with that combination!
I really should get a Beat Lynx.
Wow,thx for the test wpardin, finally someone share my view about HTAC on diablo.
I been request this th170r2f test on first page of this threat but seems everyone ignore me.
and no surprise to me at all , the result of diablo th170r2f is nice. Very similar to the test I done on variares th170r2f.
Test against MF-H Death Quetzalcoatl BD145CS requested by Shadow L-Drago

Standard WBO Procedure:
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs (attack mode) TH170 RF vs. MF-H Death Quetzalcoatl BD145 CS (calm)
Death launched first using straight shot, Diablo using slide shot
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs R145 RF: 13 wins (8 KO, 5 OS)
MF-H Death Quetzalcoatl BD145 CS: 7 wins (7 OS)
Diablo win percentage: 65%

Strange things were, Diablo kept pushing Death until it scrappped & lost spin momentum, so, Diablo can OS Death. I did not use R2F because my R2F was kinda broken during the test. On 1 side, the rubber was chipped. I need to buy a new R2F.
which mode was Death quetzalcoatl ?
Diablo just ended the metagame: NOT

MF-H Diablo Nemesis 85 RB vs anything respectable.

Thanks Smile
(Jan. 05, 2012  5:44 PM)Dan Wrote: THANK YOU! I've been waiting ages for a Wheel to do well on TH170 and I've never had my own so I couldn't test anything like that myself.

I always figured TH170, at one point, would be good for some attack custom. Hopefully others can do just as well with that combination!
I really should get a Beat Lynx.

We can't say much yet. Smile
Shirish's point of LTDCs defeating this combo seems completely valid. Smile
Not that you mustn't get a TH170, but getting it for the high expectations you have from it, we'll need to wait to see a TH170 attack combo go against an LTDC. Smile
Glowfire1: Death was on defense mode since I used a calm CS.
Diablo strikes me as being exactly what TT seem to think defense is (see: rock etc), and being the first wheel to pull it off: a wheel that KO's Attackers in a defensive setup.

Still, won't be getting mine until the weekend ends at least, so still nothing here.
@th!nk- I agree 101%. That is just what TT calls Defense. Not to forget Gravity! I posted about it once in Fun Combos thread.

Hey guys, is this wheel tough to control by any chance? I never saw anyone post about it being controllable...
Is it tough(er than a VariAres) as we speculated?
If yes, I hope th!nk doesn't face problems with this...
so is the diablo fusion wheel a defensive or offensive wheel, it can ko attackers, but ina defensive way so what is it
It is an attack wheel...
Don't get confused with what we posted above. Smile
Diablo doesn't KO things "in a Defensive way".
We were simply referring to the fact that most TT beys which were labelled Defense; had high recoil, found passable use in Attack, and instead of just 'withstanding' Attacks, it 'demolished' attack by KOing opponents. Something which according to us, is what TT calls "Defense".
Would anyone care to test Beat Aquila 85R2F against MF-H Diablo Nemisis 85/90/100RB (calm)?
Interested to see if Diablo can hold up against LTACs.