DefStamina88's Writing Tournament!!!

I am missing Gas, Kai Dranzers, Kaizers, Ultramarines, and ridbladebreakers. If I do not have them by 10am eastern time, you are out for the round..
10 AM? So tomorrow?
I can't send mine to defstamina I'm on his ignore list
Oops. fixed.
meh, I'm getting to it. It'll be done in like 10 minutes, I'm just currently drained from doing other work lol
(Dec. 24, 2013  2:14 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I am missing Gas, Kai Dranzers, Kaizers, Ultramarines, and ridbladebreakers. If I do not have them by 10am eastern time, you are out for the round..

Sent mine to Kujikato...
(Dec. 24, 2013  4:46 AM)Ga Wrote: meh, I'm getting to it. It'll be done in like 10 minutes, I'm just currently drained from doing other work lol

I bet your entrée is going to be long and very exciting
eh idk. It's different for sure.

EDIT: haha, just for future reference: Entrée ≠ entry
very much so.
Unless that was on purpose & he was saying that all your writing up until now has only just scratched the surface, like an appetizer, but this time it'll be a main course... I don't know, man. I was trying to figure that out too lmao
Ultramarine has just 90 minutes to send in his entry. ridbladebreaker and Trickst3r are out for the round...
Ok I think I messed up the time zone conversions Tongue_out that's what I get for procrastinating I guess.
Trickst3r and ridbladebreaker have been DQ'd for the round. Judging is progress. Pay attention to this post for an update to look at the challonge...
Jesus christ, 7 rounds? Is that not pushing it just a bit?

There's a reason why the concept of 'Block Round Robin' has a minimum of 3 blocks...
Eh, I want everybody to have a chance in their blocks. Thats why I did 2 blocks. Also, it'd be more competition for the higher spots. 3-4 winner worthy players each block instead of 1-2 each block...
That's not necessarily the case. If you have more blocks, so long as they were split accordingly there is practically no effect on the outcome afterward.

Competition? I mean, that isn't affected nearly as much if you have a large portion of people advancing to the next round. It only gives the illusion of more competition.

That also doesn't address the fact that there are 7 rounds lmao, that's rather high for an online writing tournament on a Beyblade forum.
Okay, Ga, I understand your opinion, but it was easier for me to set it up and run it this way. Also, the more writing, the more we can help out.
(Dec. 16, 2013  11:15 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2013  4:14 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I have exams this week & then I'll be flying back to CT on the 20th, so I probably won't have my entry in until very close to the deadline, unfortunately.

Try to get it in as soon as you can. I might give an extra day or two.

Also, I'll probably have Kuji and Tri increase the time for the next round to 2 weeks...

I don't think increasing the time would be a good idea, I mean it would take several months to finish it.....
If he doesn't increase the time though, especially since the number of rounds is a bit excessive, most people will either quit or not finish before it's due.
My point exactly...
While where sorting out this important bugs this leads me to my question"We should we expect the entries to be done judged and uploaded?" I'm not trying to be impatient I just want an estimated date or tine.
Quite frankly, Ill be honest here...

The only reason I did two blocks is because I was too lazy of a fat lard bucket to do more than two blocks. I mean, yeah, Ga is right, its shorter, but when I try to run things, I prefer to do only pairs (same with beyblading. I only like to run two blocks because I like to see more competition), and since I am that way, I can understand why so many of my opinions are ignored now...

I have too much of a "my way or the highway" mentality, and I do believe that I have (in realizing this) just forced myself into a kind of depressive state.

So, here's my proposal..

We can either continue on the way with this setup, or we can jus take a vote and end it before the first round. I just feel too stubborn to change it, but what Ga and others are saying make sense.

So, if you guys hate the setup, its fine, Im not mad. Send me a PM saying you just cant compete with it like this way, and I'll ask for thr closing of this thread. Just know that I might be a little less active after this. I attempted to make a writing tournament after the last failure, and if one of you guys would like to run a better one on your own, then send a PM.

I'll be waiting for youw answer there...
I'm not criticizing your attempt personally, there isn't a reason to be leaving the site over this...

Can we not just attempt to change the format? All it means to change it would really just be rebuilding the Challonge, no?

I'm all for the reformatting, but once I've started something I might as well see it to the end.
True, and I would but A) Im in florida with no computer, so either Tri or Kuji would have to make it, and B) Im not sure of the permissions of challonge and whether they cam refigire a tournament or not.

Look here Ga, what I can do is put up a 1 week deadline, and ask for all entries to be in asap. No leeway on lateness and stuff. I can also hurry judging (which is almost done for round one btw).

Basically, I can hustle it if you want.

To be fair you coulda noticed the 2 blocks thing earlier when I was on a computer, but I could see hiw you missed it, but thats ankther reason why I set up a break thing. Take one at your will. This competition isnt serious, and if you need a break, you can risk not winning a little meaningless tournament to rest from writing...
Sorry for double post and delay guys, but us judges are having communication problems, and I have been extremely busy. I am hoping to get the sxorrd posted today, but if not, I wiill kick into hyperspeed to get the results out...
can I enter although it may already have started???
according to my previous stories, I've had some good feedback, so I feel confident that i'll have a good time in this.
thanks in advance!