Deathscyther AND Dark Deathscyther banned in Japan!

Deathscyther was too strong and TT banned Deathscyther from official tournament.
https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...myPost=376

Update April 2017:
(Apr. 14, 2017  3:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I have been saying that Dark Deathscyther is dominating the metagame for many months now, and TAKARA-TOMY has indeed decided to ban it from now on, adding it to the "Hall of Fame" where Deathscyther still resides....
https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...myPost=630

Perhaps we can now really consider banning it from our tournaments too?
They all need to learn how to use attack
Wow I can't believe they would ban a good layer
This is more than likely not going to affect us at all but I'm glad. I'm sick of all the Deathscyther spam and clearly the TT event organisers are too lol
Why did they ban Deathscyther and not Odin?
This is kinda dumb on tt's part because people are going to use OHD over DHD which makes attack unviable.
because in Japan almost nobody use Odin
and all the bladers that have Deathscyther usually use it in tournament

now they are gonna have to think about another Layer, and Odin is not really an option coz sold out in Japan for a really long time.

(Jul. 20, 2016  11:45 AM)Zera Wrote: Why did they ban Deathscyther and not Odin?
(Jul. 20, 2016  1:56 PM)OkinawamTS Wrote: because in Japan almost nobody use Odin

now they are gonna have to think about another Layer, and Odin is not really an option coz sold out in Japan for a really long time.

(Jul. 20, 2016  11:45 AM)Zera Wrote: Why did they ban Deathscyther and not Odin?

I didn´t know that. That´s interesting. I think then I´m lucky very to own an Odin Central Blow. ^^ When Beyblade Burst comes to Germany I will probably spam it at ToysRus. lol
(Jul. 20, 2016  2:34 PM)Zera Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2016  1:56 PM)OkinawamTS Wrote: because in Japan almost nobody use Odin

I didn´t know that. That´s interesting. I think then I´m lucky very to own an Odin Central Blow. ^^ When Beyblade Burst comes to Germany I will probably spam it at ToysRus. lol

For some reason Toys R Us employees are shocKed at skilled adults wrecking little kids at their tournaments. I don't get it.
Really shocked by this news. Never thought they would go this far.

Takara-Tomy is trying to spin this as a "Hall of Fame" announcement, which I guess is meant to be an archive of the greatest parts. But it should be embarrassing for them that the fifth Beyblade to come out almost a year ago is so much stronger than every new release that they've had to ban it.

The wording of this announcement also makes it sound like they will never unban it, since it's been inducted into the Hall of Fame. This sets an interesting precedent.

Of course, this doesn't affect Deathscyther's legality in WBO-sanctioned events.
This is definitely a bomb to wake up to.

As we can predict, players could just move to another great Stamina Layer, but it is sort of sad to think that even a two-point advantage for Bursts is not encouraging Bladers to use Attack types more. This game is bound to stay stagnant if intentional Bursts are not easier and the competitive scene in Japan always revolves around Stamina.
Saw this earlier, but didn't have the time to reply. I am surprised that they are banning DeathScyther, as much as anybody else.

I would think people would use some attack types, but I guess DHD was the clear way to go for most Japanese players. I guess TAKARA TOMY finally noticed how promenent this combo was, winning many events held. But I was thinking; since TAKARA TOMY banned DeathScyther from all tournaments, will we see DeathScyther any more? If RBV2 does get some more made, would they still include DeathScyther, after they clearly wanted to stop it's dominance? I am hoping Hasbro releases DeathScyther, as it may be harder for non-Japanese players to get DeathScyther.

Now let's see what replaces DeathScyther...
There was little chance they were going to produce more Deathscyther anyway.
I don't really see why everyone seems to be so surprised by this news, at TT events it's literally all Deathscyther that does good. I really think that we should look at this and consider taking this action upon ourselves as well.
(Jul. 20, 2016  2:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: But it should be embarrassing for them that the fifth Beyblade to come out almost a year ago is so much stronger than every new release that they've had to ban it.
Exactly my thoughts. Lol. They could have put their design team on a project to specifically come up with a "Deathscyther killer", but no, lets just ban it instead.
Hall of fame, haha, so laughable, TT's personal hall of shame is more like it.
It sucks, because IMO Deathscyther is an awesome design but it's very obvious how one would design a part to counter it. We just need a better three-pronged smash attacker than Valkyrie, and that's pretty much it from an attack perspective. Of course, the fact that Deathscyther is a somewhat-fragile part doesn't help matters, and we're still at a point in the game where many of the best parts are still wrapped in durability anxieties, and are starting to become much more difficult to find.
(Jul. 20, 2016  11:17 PM)Zoroaste Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2016  2:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: But it should be embarrassing for them that the fifth Beyblade to come out almost a year ago is so much stronger than every new release that they've had to ban it.
Exactly my thoughts. Lol. They could have put their design team on a project to specifically come up with a "Deathscyther killer", but no, lets just ban it instead.
I'm pretty sure that they make all of there designs in advance and if they wanted to change a bey or make a new bey to beat Deathscyther they would have to make new molds that would cost Takara Tomy money they wouldn't want to shell out.
By the way, the title of the thread is misleading, at first I thought it was banned of WBO's tournament.
Yeah true, and to their credit, it is a really sick design for some reason. Think Bistool, same design, as many of you obviously already know.
From what I have seen, it is the first design that they ever made possibly, or at least the first really good one. They released Ultimate Dragoon first, or maybe at the same time as Frostic Dranzer (Bistool), but I have seen a demo set before on YJA, which seems to have been used to show Beyblade to potential sellers (shop managers, etc). It was comprised of a stadium and 2 white Frostic Dranzers and launchers. The first beys ever (semi) mass produced, it seems.
All the way back then they knew they had something with that design. And it still holds up really well today apparently
Of course I slept through the alarm for the auction. Kills me that I let it go. Some crazy person is trying to sell just a single Frostic from the set with no bitchip for 100,000 yen. Haha
(Jul. 20, 2016  10:58 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: I don't really see why everyone seems to be so surprised by this news, at TT events it's literally all Deathscyther that does good. I really think that we should look at this and consider taking this action upon ourselves as well.
I definitely agree with this, Deathscyther has been an overused part in all meta games since its release. Regardless of whether it is actually over powered or if it is just overused I believe we should take action and ban Deathscyther. With it removed from our meta game it could potentially make the game more diverse and less bland like it is currently. Almost every burst event all the placers have used at least 1 Deathscyther combination, this is not good for the game. There is not any other layer that appears to be to be used as much as Deathscyther currently.
(Jul. 20, 2016  11:26 PM)geetster99 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that they make all of there designs in advance and if they wanted to change a bey or make a new bey to beat Deathscyther they would have to make new molds that would cost Takara Tomy money they wouldn't want to shell out.

Yeah, I'm just saying that by now they should've naturally come up with a design that's a good counter to it. We are definitely into territory where these tops were likely designed after the initial wave was released.
(Jul. 20, 2016  11:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It sucks, because IMO Deathscyther is an awesome design but it's very obvious how one would design a part to counter it. We just need a better three-pronged smash attacker than Valkyrie, and that's pretty much it from an attack perspective.

The fewer parts a Beyblade has, the more important the design of each part becomes. By reducing the number of basic components in the design (from 4/5/6 in MFB) to just 3, I feel like TT has made the margin for bad/useless design within each part unreasonably slim. The only way to fix this issue from a metagame point of view is to produce HEAPS more individual parts than usual. To be fair, TT has released a large number of designs over the past year - but it is apparently not enough to naturally reach a balanced metagame. I wonder how many parts would be required before this happens...?

(Jul. 20, 2016  11:26 PM)geetster99 Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2016  11:17 PM)Zoroaste Wrote:
I'm pretty sure that they make all of there designs in advance and if they wanted to change a bey or make a new bey to beat Deathscyther they would have to make new molds that would cost Takara Tomy money they wouldn't want to shell out.

(Jul. 21, 2016  12:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, I'm just saying that by now they should've naturally come up with a design that's a good counter to it. We are definitely into territory where these tops were likely designed after the initial wave was released.

For me, the case-study is Libra. Metal Fight was a system not entirely unlike Burst (commercially, target market, etc) and TT were able to make appropriate changes. My feeling is that if TT actually wanted to counter D in the metagame, they could produce a design which genuinely does so - but they have chosen not to. Probably a cost thing. After all, banning a popular part can only drive up sales elsewhere in the product range.
Quote:Probably a cost thing.

In what sense?
(Jul. 21, 2016  12:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:Probably a cost thing.

In what sense?

Cheaper to ban and drive up existing sales than to redesign and bank on new sales. I guess.