Deathnote

Ominous Wrote:I don't think the English voice actors will be able to fully capture the emotion and otherwise full effect for Ryuk, Light, and probably Mikami. If you're feeling lazy and don't care about picture quality, you can pretty much Youtube the entire series.

The actor for Ryuk nailed the laugh I thought and, to me, that make Ryuk. You screw up his laugh, you screw up the character. Light is kind of a different story. Only around "certain scenes" will we be able to judge how well the voice actor does. As for Mikami, well, he isn't here yet, so we'll have to wait. I do like L's dub voice, though.
Ryuk's dub laugh seems to be more of an emphasis on sinister (i.e. Vegeta-ish), whereas in the original it was more like a condescending, "I'm insulting you", kind of choking laughter.

That's what I think anyway.
i thought ryuks original laugh was more of a "heh heh im lovin this" laugh
Artie Wrote:
G Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
G Wrote:Yep that's why I rarely post in topics about movies/shows... maybe that's also why I just quit watching anime too.

edit: and probably also why I quit watching tv series.
spoiler:

Life: you die at the end

quit life now?
I wouldn't even compare a tv show to life. And also, last time I remembered, you made a huge fuss about spoilers back at FC or BBF.

i was kidding man. i thought it was funny that you pretty much watched nothing, lol.

and ok brad. mr :serious
Yeah well I didn't mean to make it sound negative either. I can't tell when you're kidding or not sometimes Uncertain
And the only thing I see on TV is the news that wakes me up every morning.
G Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
G Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
G Wrote:Yep that's why I rarely post in topics about movies/shows... maybe that's also why I just quit watching anime too.

edit: and probably also why I quit watching tv series.
spoiler:

Life: you die at the end

quit life now?
I wouldn't even compare a tv show to life. And also, last time I remembered, you made a huge fuss about spoilers back at FC or BBF.

i was kidding man. i thought it was funny that you pretty much watched nothing, lol.

and ok brad. mr :serious
Yeah well I didn't mean to make it sound negative either. I can't tell when you're kidding or not sometimes Uncertain
And the only thing I see on TV is the news that wakes me up every morning.

man i wouldn't give up on TV just because you've been spoiled before.

then again, there isn't much tv on right now with the strike and all..
do you guys really need to quote everything

that's it, off to find a nested quote blocker D:
D:

lol but don't worry, I'm not really watching tv as much since I'm too busy with school. I still watch whatever is on when I'm eating.
Katashi Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLk7N3uza...re=related

Old news, probably, but I am carp psyched. Lol L becomes an action hero.

that looks really carp stupid
Artie Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLk7N3uza...re=related

Old news, probably, but I am carp psyched. Lol L becomes an action hero.

that looks really carp stupid

gtfo Grin
I recently finished watching this. I thought it was ace. <3
It's really cool. I've recently gotten back into it, and it's still insane! I wonder who the author really is.

Also, I was excited for the L movie until I saw the trailer. He looks dumb running.
Mr. Toto Wrote:It's really cool. I've recently gotten back into it, and it's still insane! I wonder who the author really is.

Also, I was excited for the L movie until I saw the trailer. He looks dumb running.

Yeah, that part made me laugh a bit. And I was really looking forward to seeing Near and Mello. From the trailer and the main picture on the website, it doesn't look like either of them will show up.
Katashi Wrote:
Mr. Toto Wrote:It's really cool. I've recently gotten back into it, and it's still insane! I wonder who the author really is.

Yeah, that part made me laugh a bit. And I was really looking forward to seeing Near and Mello. From the trailer and the main picture on the website, it doesn't look like either of them will show up.

Spoiler Alert
I'm fairly sure that's because in the live action continuity, L doesn't die, making those two redundant.
Ominous Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

Spoiler Alert
I'm fairly sure that's because in the live action continuity, L doesn't die, making those two redundant.

Spoilers

L does die, unless you're referring to his anime/manga death with Light still alive. However, even cameo of those characters would be nice.
Katashi Wrote:
Ominous Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

Spoiler Alert

Spoilers

L does die, unless you're referring to his anime/manga death with Light still alive. However, even cameo of those characters would be nice.

I thought the movie would be about the last 22 days before he dies? So he does die, just not before Light...
Elmo Wrote:The anime is really interesting
Pretty short, but the storyline has many plot twists. Too bad Light dies, but it was inevitable. =/

*strangles Elmo* Thx for ruining it for me.
is the ,ovie comeing out in the us
rooneyt Wrote:is the ,ovie comeing out in the us

Probably. WB is considering a remake though.
why has the spoiler not been edited out of the OP at all

ugh
Yeah yeah, it's an old post but w/e. Saves making another thread.

I finished reading Death Note recently, absolutely incredible. Both the films are rather darned good to boot. I GOTZ A T-SHIRT! lol
Probably going to buy the book about Naomi person (FBI agent) and L before Death Note, sounds cool. MIGHT get volume "13", has interviews with the authors and stuff like that.
I already bought How to Read 13 and Another Note. I finished HtR and liked it pretty well. I'll get around to Another Note once I'm done with Eclipse.
Mr. Toto Wrote:
rooneyt Wrote:is the ,ovie comeing out in the us

Probably. WB is considering a remake though.

If WB made a remake, they should have Zac Efron as Kira. Hey they'd get lots of profit for sure from all the HSM fangirls going to see it.

Yes it is coming to the US. Towards the second half of last year, it was announced both movies are being released on DVD by Viz later this year. Also in May, there will be screenings of the first Death Note film at over 300 theatres in the nation.

It's still a shame Warner Bros US was not the one who acquired the rights to the Death Note films (I actually anticipated, considering WB Japan produced them). WB probably could have given it a wider release, more publicity, etc.