Deathnote

Ominous Wrote:People, people! I repeat, Ryuk promises Light that he will write Light's name in his Death Note from episode one. It's not like Elmo revealed whether or not Light actually succeeded in his endeavours as Kira.

you come to expect it eventually. its all the stuff that leads up to it which hooks you
Watched a bit of it, and I enjoyed it. Plan on watching the rest when I get off my carp, lawl.

However, I don't really like the opening.
Ominous Wrote:People, people! I repeat, Ryuk promises Light that he will write Light's name in his Death Note from episode one. It's not like Elmo revealed whether or not Light actually succeeded in his endeavours as Kira.

Thanks for backing me up.
Sorry for "ruining it" for you guys Lips_sealed, but how else would the storyline finish/end? Light will prevail and become God? Be real. It's obvious from the start that he's going to die. You just don't know how (and I won't be an idiot to spoil that for you).

What Dark Wolborg said would be a true spoiler, and I also agree with Fleetscut.
Elmo, storywriters have an infinite amount of ways to end a series. If you think it's not a spoiler, you're ridiculous.
Elmo Wrote:

Thanks for backing me up.
Sorry for "ruining it" for you guys Lips_sealed, but how else would the storyline finish/end? Light will prevail and become God? Be real. It's obvious from the start that he's going to die. You just don't know how (and I won't be an idiot to spoil that for you).

What Dark Wolborg said would be a true spoiler, and I also agree with Fleetscut.

How? Ryuk writes his name in the Death Note.
Ah, I meant "how" as in what happens that leads to his death.
And I know it's a spoiler, Brad, but I don't consider it a big one. There are several comments in the FIRST EPISODE alone that Ryuk makes, saying that Light will suffer, and that Ryuk will be the one to end Light's life. What happens during Light's ownership of the Death Note is interesting, whether or not he dies.
I guess so.

I've never read it, so I don't know the context. However, I'm a little annoyed because I've been wanting to pick it up.
Elmo Wrote:Ah, I meant "how" as in what happens that leads to his death.
And I know it's a spoiler, Brad, but I don't consider it a big one. There are several comments in the FIRST EPISODE alone that Ryuk makes, saying that Light will suffer, and that Ryuk will be the one to end Light's life. What happens during Light's ownership of the Death Note is interesting, whether or not he dies.

um what if he wrote his name in his death note and nothing happened. what then?

but that doesn't matter anymore. lolo spoilers
[white][/white] tags much? Serious

I'm still very much obsessed with this series. I think Viz did a good job with the dub, as I am waiting for Ryuk to crush an apple, shouting "It's over 9,000!!". Light's voice is still a little hard getting used to, but oh well.

I need to watch Director's Cut. I am also looking forward to Volume 13 of the manga and the L movie, both coincidentally being released in February (Given, Japan got the "How to Read" vol. 13 a while back, I still like the idea of February being Death Note Month)

btw, one of my friends has that Death Note.
I don't think the English voice actors will be able to fully capture the emotion and otherwise full effect for Ryuk, Light, and probably Mikami. If you're feeling lazy and don't care about picture quality, you can pretty much Youtube the entire series.
wait why is light getting maried ? i just finished volume 9 and im confused
Ominous Wrote:I don't think the English voice actors will be able to fully capture the emotion and otherwise full effect for Ryuk, Light, and probably Mikami. If you're feeling lazy and don't care about picture quality, you can pretty much Youtube the entire series.

mikami was love

SPOILERS (lol elmo)

the series should have ended with mikami totally betraying light. when he burst in looking all crazy, i so thought that was gonna happen.

wahh
Elmo Wrote:Thanks for backing me up.

SPOILERS (highlight to read)

Um, yes. Your spoiler was kind of the biggest one of all. Even though Ryuk said it from the beginning, he never said he wouldn't wait for Light to get old and then do so.

Considering that Light actually did prevail and become god from 2004-2009, it's pretty feasible that it could happen. It was up to the author, and I never simply assumed Light would die in the end while I was reading it.

Aside from that, it was a very unnecessary spoiler to add into your first post. "Too bad Light dies." Although unintentional, you (along with Dark Wolborg's comment, similar to yours as well) managed to spoil the entire series (and perhaps even both movies) in only two posts.

END SPOILERS
Mr. Toto Wrote:

Um, yes. Your spoiler was kind of the biggest one of all. Even though Ryuk said it from the beginning, he never said he wouldn't wait for Light to get old and then do so.

Considering that Light actually did prevail and become god from 2004-2009, it's pretty feasible that it could happen. It was up to the author, and I never simply assumed Light would die in the end while I was reading it.

Aside from that, it was a very unnecessary spoiler to add into your first post. "Too bad Light dies." Although unintentional, you (along with Dark Wolborg's comment, similar to yours as well) managed to spoil the entire series (and perhaps even both movies) in only two posts.

END SPOILERS

spoilers

actually ryuk said something along the lines of "humans who use the Death Note cannot go to heaven or hell. When you die it will be me who writes your name on the note" and because ryuk could see lights life span he would always know exactly when to write lights name down even if he were to jump off a cliff or get shot in the head.

and after a while i kinda expected light to die
Fleetscut Wrote:
Mr. Toto Wrote:

END SPOILERS

spoilers

actually ryuk said something along the lines of "humans who use the Death Note cannot go to heaven or hell. When you die it will be me who writes your name on the note" and because ryuk could see lights life span he would always know exactly when to write lights name down even if he were to jump off a cliff or get shot in the head.

and after a while i kinda expected light to die

um you do know that the death gods extend their life by killing people prematurely, right?

so if light had 20 years left today, then ryuk would gain 20 years.
On noes, I'm MJ nao. Spoilers Lips_sealed.
But you do know that Ryuk keeps reminding Light that he himself will write Light's name in the death note? He says this SEVERAL times in the anime. (I can remember one time when he repeated what he said after he was withdrawn from not having any apples for a long time) So much foreshadowing in the story, yet I would understand why Brad is pissed, since he hasn't started the anime/manga yet.
exactly. plus ryuk always says how its interesting to hang around light. why would he kill off his source of entertainment so quickly. and ryuk does say as well that shinigami rarely kill anymore. only when they are about to die themselves
MJ Wrote:On noes, I'm MJ nao. Spoilers Lips_sealed.
But you do know that Ryuk keeps reminding Light that he himself will write Light's name in the death note? He says this SEVERAL times in the anime. (I can remember one time when he repeated what he said after he was withdrawn from not having any apples for a long time) So much foreshadowing in the story, yet I would understand why Brad is pissed, since he hasn't started the anime/manga yet.

That's kind of the only reason I'm posting. You have to consider that not everyone has a high-speed connection, or has the cash to spend every month on a volume. The show is brand new over here (we've only seen Raye Penbar so far), and you literally posted the ending of the series in the first post.

What if someone new to the series wanted to post about how much they like it on Adult Swim/YTV? TV is the most popular vehicle for Death Note, and a majority of the people watching it likely have no idea what's going to happen.

It's a little unfair. Had I not been exposed to the series prior, just going into this topic would ruin the viewing experience entirely. Predicting what's going to happen is one thing, but revealing what happens without any warning whatsoever is somewhat inconsiderate (even if unintentional).

I hate being spoiled. Back on BBF, someone posted a list of the deaths in the final Harry Potter book without even mentioning what the topic was about in the title or the text. Imagine building up to all of that suspense, wondering what will happen next, and then someone cruelly taking that pleasure away from you just because they want to be an carp.
Yep that's why I rarely post in topics about movies/shows... maybe that's also why I just quit watching anime too.

edit: and probably also why I quit watching tv series.
Also, please don't see this as a personal attack. I'm quite fond of you, and I don't mean to say anything in a harsh manner.
G Wrote:Yep that's why I rarely post in topics about movies/shows... maybe that's also why I just quit watching anime too.

spoiler:

Life: you die at the end

quit life now?
Artie Wrote:
G Wrote:Yep that's why I rarely post in topics about movies/shows... maybe that's also why I just quit watching anime too.

spoiler:

quit life now?

stupidest post today
Artie Wrote:

spoiler:

quit life now?
I wouldn't even compare a tv show to life. And also, last time I remembered, you made a huge fuss about spoilers back at FC or BBF.
G Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

spoiler:

quit life now?
I wouldn't even compare a tv show to life. And also, last time I remembered, you made a huge fuss about spoilers back at FC or BBF.

i was kidding man. i thought it was funny that you pretty much watched nothing, lol.

and ok brad. mr :serious