0%
Raye
0%
Sayu
0%
Matt
2.56%
Total: 100% 39 vote(s)
(Apr. 11, 2009  11:51 PM)arbitor365 Wrote: i dont see why it should be out of the question. the criminals obviously deserved to die and if someone wanted to step in front of the bullet thats their own fault.

The world isn't so black and white. Just because someone does something wrong does not mean they deserve to die. Everyone has the ability to make a better life for themselves. By agreeing with Light you've shown that you missed the entire point of Death Note.
(Apr. 11, 2009  11:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The world isn't so black and white. Just because someone does something wrong does not mean they deserve to die. Everyone has the ability to make a better life for themselves. By agreeing with Light you've shown that you missed the entire point of Death Note.

Completely agree and they say the world can not live without both law and chaos but don't ask me why because I don't know.
I like L the best Smile .
(Apr. 11, 2009  11:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The world isn't so black and white. Just because someone does something wrong does not mean they deserve to die. Everyone has the ability to make a better life for themselves. By agreeing with Light you've shown that you missed the entire point of Death Note.

if someone takes a human life than they deserve to lose theirs. if they can kill and then live out the rest of their lives than that puts a low price on the life of the victim. The only way to prevent crime is by fear. Criminals have no morals and they cannot be reasoned with. The traditional tactics of throwing criminals in jail has never been effective. over 60% of convicts will end up in jail again. crime rates have risen and they continue to rise. Most people who are ignorant to the evils of the world dont see the need to enforce justice. if some lady is murdered in LA you wouldnt give a a flying f### if justice was enforced. you dont even know this person, but that woman's son's, daughters and husband would want justice. Now is it fair for you to say to them
"no we wont kill that criminal, we'll just put him in jail and release him in 10 years for good behavior"
criminals deserve no mercy. There is nothing morally wrong with killing a murderer. their life has no value in fact its more like negative value. they are worth more dead. if someone raped a 15 year old girl to death would you protect them?

[warn]
Wow. If it was that easy dont you think the world would be a much better place already? We dont have the death penalty in the UK for a reason. The matter is far too complex to just kill every murderer.
If you say they deserve no mercy then death is not good enough, that only ends things quickly and painlessly, if you really want no mercy then make them go through pain that will scar them forever. That is the ultimate punshment. If this was really open to you, would you really do that to them?

Also, murders and rape I can agree with because they are both forced things but what about those that only cut someone or beat them up or steal or burn someones house for fun or anything else, do they really deserve death as well?

Personally, I think not.
This thread is to talk about Death Note. Anyone who goes off-topic again will be issued a warning. I'm not going to allow people to advocate murder on this board.
Finally, an end to it. Soon shuts people up.

Light pretty much became a demon that let the fact that he was being called a god go to his head and in the end he would get hide of anyone that got in his way, for example, FBI, the FBI's fiancee and he was trying to get to L.

I was only pointing this out, don't warn me for anything.
I am going to partially agree with Arbitor here. (my favorite character is Light as well.) I am going to have to say that (I think) Light was doing a good thing at the beginning of the series. He only killed people who had murdered, raped, ect. However as the series kept going the criteria for Lights victims started to mush together and he just killed everyone who got in his way. This may offend people but the life of a criminal is a small thing to me, I would just as soon have them executed then spend my tax dollars on keeping them In a cell for 30 years. I don’t want to get in an argument I am just a bit heartless. Having said all that it’s just an anime. No big deal. Joyful_3

Oh and I dont wish death on mild crimes I am talking about murder, rape, things like that.

I cant say I was fond of the ending of the series. I like the live action movies better. I would rather see Light Vs L untill the end. I do love the art style and the character designs.
(Apr. 12, 2009  5:54 PM)Neku2 Wrote: I am going to partially agree with Arbitor here. (my favorite character is Light as well.) I am going to have to say that (I think) Light was doing a good thing at the beginning of the series. He only killed people who had murdered, raped, ect. However as the series kept going the criteria for Lights victims started to mush together and he just killed everyone who got in his way. This may offend people but the life of a criminal is a small thing to me, I would just as soon have them executed then spend my tax dollars on keeping them In a cell for 30 years. I don’t want to get in an argument I am just a bit heartless. Having said all that it’s just an anime. No big deal. Joyful_3

Oh and I dont wish death on mild crimes I am talking about murder, rape, things like that.

Man, you really need to read the entire thread before posting

Bey Brad Wrote:This thread is to talk about Death Note. Anyone who goes off-topic again will be issued a warning. I'm not going to allow people to advocate murder on this board.

Stop TALKING ABOUT IT!!
Guys, if you can't discuss this series without bringing your personal politics into it, don't post.
(Apr. 12, 2009  6:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Guys, if you can't discuss this series without bringing your personal politics into it, don't post.

For this series, this is a difficult request to make, but for this board, I agree with Brad. It is not really appropriate.

However, I did not simply post this to agree with Brad. I wanted to make sure you are all aware of what Ohba's intent with the series actually was. In his own words, his intended message with Death Note was that "Humans will all eventually die and never come back to life, so let's give it our all while we're alive". Personally, I think there is more to the series than what Ohba has described here, but as it was aimed at a younger audience, his focus on this aspect makes a lot more sense. In the end, every debate over what is right and what is wrong ends up being completely based on an individuals ideals, it is something dangerous to focus on for a childrens manga/anime, and that is why Ohba chose to not make that issue prevalent throughout.
(Apr. 12, 2009  7:07 PM)Kei Wrote: For this series, this is a difficult request to make, but for this board, I agree with Brad. It is not really appropriate.

However, I did not simply post this to agree with Brad. I wanted to make sure you are all aware of what Ohba's intent with the series actually was. In his own words, his intended message with Death Note was that "Humans will all eventually die and never come back to life, so let's give it our all while we're alive". Personally, I think there is more to the series than what Ohba has described here, but as it was aimed at a younger audience, his focus on this aspect makes a lot more sense. In the end, every debate over what is right and what is wrong ends up being completely based on an individuals ideals, it is something dangerous to focus on for a childrens manga/anime, and that is why Ohba chose to not make that issue prevalent throughout.

How right you are but you say it was pointed at younger people, if that is the case, will kids really be able to follow what Light did and the weird mind of L?
(Apr. 13, 2009  11:34 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: MELLOOOO!

Haha, yes, my second fave by miles. And my first and only cosplay. XD
(Apr. 13, 2009  11:38 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: How right you are but you say it was pointed at younger people, if that is the case, will kids really be able to follow what Light did and the weird mind of L?

The answer is likely no for younger children. I never said I agreed with Ohba's statement that the series want meant to be directed towards a younger audience, but that could just mean teenagers, which shouldn't have a lot of trouble following the series.
(Apr. 15, 2009  3:11 AM)Kei Wrote: The answer is likely no for younger children. I never said I agreed with Ohba's statement that the series want meant to be directed towards a younger audience, but that could just mean teenagers, which shouldn't have a lot of trouble following the series.

Erm, I always seem to forget that they mean teenagers when they say these things because in their books, they are young children.
L , and Ryuk would be my favorite
Both loved & hated Light...
As Kira, I thought he was genius, but I couldn't stand the way he was ready to sacrifice almost everyone who cared about him in order to achieve his goals
This is just the best anime ever made. I LOVE it. Favourite character has to be L.