Death Discussion

(Nov. 20, 2011  7:04 AM)Dan Wrote: ..
I don't see why that would happen. Attackers should be ravaging Death.

And you are basing this on...?

Tests and all common observations are to the contrary. It is not inconceivable that this MW's shape is less conducive to cannonballing due to VariAres than Basalt's.

Unless you're calling everyone in this thread a liar. I mean, one or two incompetent people maybe, but tournament goers and an entire thread full of people posting similar results? If you're going to use the "you guys just suck at using Vari!" argument against everyone every time something does well against it, we may as well not test with Vari.

There is a decent statistical chance that your baby girl Vari is going to prom with her cousin because Death stole her date, her lunch, and possibly, her icecream.
(Nov. 20, 2011  7:33 AM)Hazel Wrote: There is a decent statistical chance that your baby girl Vari is going to prom with her cousin because Death stole her date, her lunch, and possibly, her icecream.

Okay, this had me laughing out loud...

Yeah, I would say I can rock out with Vari as well as anybody else, and Death BD145 is probably the most effective defense combo against it, next to the imbalanced Basalt R145RF "I'm gonna eat your smash and make you KO yourself" combo anyway, though that one (Basalt) is really only effective against Vari/Blitz/Fang and the like... SOOOO... Death is the obvious 'versatile' choice IMO...

But it is a Hella fun role-reversal using Ga'Hooleone's combo against Vari
Low recoil is huge. It's a huge part of why round wheels dominate. Low recoil makes it difficult for attackers to land a significant hit, and variares basically relies on getting those hits to KO stuff. Speechless
Yay Death BGrin testing, and does a decent job against some attackers.
Low recoil + Bearing = death rides again.
(Nov. 20, 2011  7:55 AM)th!nk Wrote: Low recoil is huge. It's a huge part of why round wheels dominate. Low recoil makes it difficult for attackers to land a significant hit, and variares basically relies on getting those hits to KO stuff. Speechless

This. It's funny - up until Death's release I was fairly often complaining about how I missed the days of Earth being viable, because I was so in love with low-recoil Defense, and lo and behold...
(Nov. 20, 2011  8:23 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2011  7:55 AM)th!nk Wrote: Low recoil is huge. It's a huge part of why round wheels dominate. Low recoil makes it difficult for attackers to land a significant hit, and variares basically relies on getting those hits to KO stuff. Speechless

This. It's funny - up until Death's release I was fairly often complaining about how I missed the days of Earth being viable, because I was so in love with low-recoil Defense, and lo and behold...

Obviously, you're psychic. Serious

I didn't want low recoil defense to return, it's the next most boring thing after stamina Tired

That said, if it does do well against variares, then at least it gives me a less embarrassing reason to not use mine.
Haha cool Icon th!nk^^

Okay now to death, you see that it performs better than Basalt, or Not?
Attackblades must produce their own recoil to kick death, or they must Spin left or push him out. I will see that I get a Counter in attack
In that particular matchup it may do better, but obviously we need more people to test to confirm it.

As hazel has stated, Basalt and Death are not really directly comparable, they are different styles of defense, Weight vs Low Recoil.
Ahh yeah thats right but there's only 4g difference, but yeah that's wright
Maybe Death is the evolved form of Earth? Low recoil is good right?
(Nov. 20, 2011  4:18 PM)® Wrote: Maybe Death is the evolved form of Earth? Low recoil is good right?

For a stamina blade low recoil is good, yes, though secondary to overall stamina. (if that makes sense) The weight helps it in defense when facing attackers as well.
Soo.... Im back with more test, but this revolves around Death 90RF.

Beylauncher L/R
BB-10 Attack Type Stadium

MF-H (Attack) Death Crown 90RF Vs. MF-H Basalt Bull BGrin

DC: 2 KO
BB: 8 OS

Death's Percentage: 20%

Wow... this is sad.

MF-H (Attack) Death Crown 90RF Vs. MF-F Phantom Orion 85CS (worn)

PO: 7 OS
DC: 3 KO

Death's Percentage: 30%

I think my CS just broke...
Derp this is enough of 90RF/Attack testing... I hope this helps you, hah.
(Nov. 20, 2011  9:26 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2011  8:23 AM)Hazel Wrote:

Obviously, you're psychic. Serious

I didn't want low recoil defense to return, it's the next most boring thing after stamina Tired

That said, if it does do well against variares, then at least it gives me a less embarrassing reason to not use mine.

Death's got just enough recoil to have counter-smash going for it on BD145 and TH170, just not as much as Basalt, and in areas that would normally be a double-KO, it sticks inside the TR instead of catapulting out.

I did some tests today. They were... uh. Well, I honestly am not sure what I learned from them.

-Alternating Launches
-Identical CS condition - both Semi-Aggro.
-Straight Launch Only

MF-H Basalt Cancer TH220CS vs MF-H Death(Defense) Aquario BD145CS
MF-H Basalt Cancer TH220CS: 15 OS
MF-H Death(Defense) Aquario BD145CS: 5 OS
Death Win Ratio: 25%

-Alternating Launches
-Identical CS condition - both Semi-Aggro.
-Straight-Launch Only

MF-H Basalt Cancer BD145CS vs MF-H Death(Defense) Aquario TH220CS
MF-H Basalt Cancer BD145CS: 3 OS, 1 KO
MF-H Death(Defense) Aquario TH220CS: 16 OS
Death Win Ratio: 80%

Many of the wins were by only a few rotations(the ones where Death was launched first, basically) on the Death TH220CS tests.

Make of these tests what you will...
TH220 beats BD145.

That is what you've learned today.
Well, what I'm seeing is that Death and Basalt performed nearly identically.

So that is technically valuable information.
Okay.. How well does Earth do, in that case?
I mean the tests seem inconsequential to me right now.
I wasn't really interested in doing Earth tests, because Earth is no longer relevant... if Earth can outspin one of them, that doesn't matter, because a hard enough belch can KO Earth.

Questions had been brought up about Death's spin times when facing Basalt Defense/Balance combos. Those tests answer the questions, to a degree.
death orion T125Eds (defense) vs. Basalt kerbecs/bull bd145cs
death: 10/10 wins (os)
basalt 0/10

death orion T125Eds (attack) vs. Basalt kerbecs/bull bd145cs
basalt 0/10

Death orion B: D (attack) vs. Basalt kerbecs/bull bd145cs
basalt 0/10

Death orion B: D (defense) vs. Basalt kerbecs/bull bd145cs
basalt 0/10

Death orion B: D (defense) vs. Basalt bull 230D
basalt 0/10

death orion T125Eds (attack) vs. Basalt bull 230D
basalt 0/10

I will make tests with a death defense custamation but that are the results by stamina, and basalt hadn´t any chances and I think in defense it will os basalt too but that I must test

A 100% win rate every time?!
I can't believe it tbh...
OK, agreed that Death beats Basalt, but Basalt was KILLED!
There's something wrong IMO...
Isn't standard testing is 20? I'm getting really tired of 10 rounds... Not enough testing to prove your claim.

EDIT: Actually no Jan, me and galaxy4ever were talking bout death and basalt. We both believe that Death is outclassing basalt in terms of defense. Death = low recoil Basalt = high re oil. Thus making it a bit easier for attack to KO it and death making it more complicated KOing it. Hoped I helped Unhappy
Death has been with me for 2 weeks and I'm surprised to see that it out spins all of my Stamina based wheels like Basalt,Burn,Earth,Hell(on BD145), Scythe, and Phantom....

I wonder how long will Death stay on the top of my parts list of being the best Stamina wheel...
My BB-121 will be arriving in a week...so will be soon testing it against Duo...

my stamina combo: MF-L Death Cancer AD145SD....
can anyone test this combo against other stamina types?
Guys, I'm gonna make a suggestion if you're trying to test Death's stamina. Now, it may just blow your mind so try to read slowly: How about doing 20 rounds of Death Versus an actual Stamina Wheel (i.e. Scythe or phantom) in otherwise identical stamina combo's. So, ya know, it removes height and tip variables, so we directly compare it's stamina ability with a wheel that we know has good stamina, without anything else to affect the results!

Amazing, isn't it? Almost like it's STANDARD PROCEDURE!
(Nov. 23, 2011  3:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: Guys, I'm gonna make a suggestion if you're trying to test Death's stamina. Now, it may just blow your mind so try to read slowly: How about doing 20 rounds of Death Versus an actual Stamina Wheel (i.e. Scythe or phantom) in otherwise identical stamina combo's. So, ya know, it removes height and tip variables, so we directly compare it's stamina ability with a wheel that we know has good stamina, without anything else to affect the results!

Amazing, isn't it? Almost like it's STANDARD PROCEDURE!

About dam time.
(Nov. 23, 2011  3:33 PM)J o n Wrote: EDIT: Actually no Jan, me and galaxy4ever were talking bout death and basalt. We both believe that Death is outclassing basalt in terms of defense. Death = low recoil Basalt = high re oil. Thus making it a bit easier for attack to KO it and death making it more complicated KOing it. Hoped I helped Unhappy

Well yes. Smile
But actually, I never saw Death get a perfect score against Basalt. I am sorry if I missed out some posts here, but AFAIK, a perfect score is quite an unbelievable feat. Smile
Even though Death outclasses Basalt, I don't think it can get a 100% win rate so easily...
I think the tests would be more precise after the addition of those 10 rounds. Smile
I could make twenty Tests but that was so lame, the only Chance for Basalt was kicking, but there wasn't any kicks, if you don't believe Test it on your self but it was lame
and think, I didn't Used a mf facebolt, I made a des Test with mf but it was lamer and the results were the same : 10/10 for death