Dark Deathscyther Discussion.

Dark Deathscyther Heavy Revolve vs. Deathscyther Ring Gyro
Dark Deathscyther: 3 (OS, 2 Burst)
Deathscyther: 7 (Bursts, 1 OS)

Launches alternated. Three double Bursts.

Dark Deathscyther Heavy Defense vs. Deathscyther Ring Gyro
Dark Deathscyther: 4 (2 OS, 2 Bursts)
Deathscyther: 6 (OS, 1 Burst)

Launches alternated.

Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit vs. Deathscyther Ring Gyro
Dark Deathscyther: 4 (OS)
Deathscyther: 6 (OS)

Launches alternated, and it really mostly depended on which was launched first. Orbit is quite good at spinning at angles, so Dark Deathscyther was sometimes able to reach completely under Deathscyther and destabilise it.

Dark Deathscyther Vertical Orbit was bad.

Dark Deathscyther Force Unite was interesting but inconsistent, and I could get nothing out of Dark Deathscyther on Accel and Xtreme even against just Deathscyther Ring Gyro.
Thanks for the tests Kai-V! We really apprieciate it.

So my current impressions so far, Dark Deathscyther isn't too good when it comes to it's stamina against Deathscyther. It's not that it's horrible but it's doesn't sound like a Deathscyther killer. Maybe try a lighter disk? It might help somehow...
I was really disappointed by the slope of the wings, or lack thereof. I was really excited about this one, since we all know Driger V2 is really good. Starting to get to the point where I wonder if they will ever outclass their regular layers. Lol
Has anyone tested Dark Deathscyther against Odin? Surprisingly, while it loses to Deathscyther, I've found that generally it's able to defeat Odin in straight up Stamina battles. I don't have any formal test results to share, but I tried this matchup with several different Odin Layers, Heavy Disks, and Defense Drivers and most of the time D2 was able to defeat Odin. Could be totally wrong though, so I was just curious to see if anybody else had tried it.
I originally ran these tests for Revolve, but perhaps these would be relevant to your question too?

In my results, it's Odin that wins more often in spin outs (the win margin was more convincing during the first half of my games). Of course, it helps that Odin was using Revolve. But Dark Deathscyther still comes out slightly on top.

Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit vs Odin Heavy Revolve

Early Ring Out * - 4:2
Ring Out - 4:5
Spin Out - 8:11
Burst - 10:2
Double Spin Out - 3
Double Burst - 1

Total: 50 games
DDGO: 26
OHR: 20
Break-even games: 4

TLDR; Dark Deathscyther beats Odin slightly more often than not, in my experience. Previously, DD would win even more convincingly against Odin, though I didn't record the results.
I did some unofficial testing on D2 tonight and it was good on Orbit. I was actually able to destabilize Revolve combos.
(Jun. 05, 2016  4:21 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I did some unofficial testing on D2 tonight and it was good on Orbit. I was actually able to destabilize Revolve combos.

Yeah, I had mentioned this to 1234 last week and a few of us played Deathscyther Spread Orbit to destabilize Revolve-based combos during free play after Beyblade North. I found it really good against Neptune but would often lose to Deathscyther. However, didn't try it against Odin (since it's currently banned) but Kei had mentioned something similar. It's probably time to start re-assessing Odin's ban, even though I can't say whether we would be more likely to unban it or leave things as they are.
Yeah I like it for vs. Neptune for sure, need to test it further. I heard that Japanese players are using D2BO. I wonder which is better. Definitely gonna be the next thing I play around with
After watching a few videos on Dark Deathscyther,the Layer is circular and not much aggressive.The Driver Jaggey kind of resembles R2F,because of the star shape.
Overall,it's a decent attack type bey.

After a few minutes of discussions with our channel members,we think that Dark Deathscyther will go well with Blow.
Please try out Dark Deathscyther Heavy Blow.
(Jun. 05, 2016  12:23 PM)YOO_BBK Wrote: After watching a few videos on Dark Deathscyther,the Layer is circular and not much aggressive.The Driver Jaggey kind of resembles R2F,because of the star shape.
Overall,it's a decent attack type bey.

After a few minutes of discussions with our channel members,we think that Dark Deathscyther will go well with Blow.
Please try out Dark Deathscyther Heavy Blow.

Huh, how did you come to that conclusion? D2 is pretty unbalanced, so its stamina isn't great unless it's on a driver with good stamina or a driver that makes it more balanced (Orbit). You stated yourself that its attack isn't great, and Kai-V said that she had bad results with D2_A/X. On Blow, D2 would have even less attack, and pretty bad stamina.
i really have no idea how this will perform and it may seem ridiculous
but
could anyone try it out with quake

also any chance the upper disk could be used with D2

also since it seems to "good" at destabilizing, any chance it can used as a tornado staller, and when the stamina/defense combo is at a low spin velocity D2 can come to the centre and throw it off balance,
Dark Deathscyther with Orbit was really good when i tested it, but i just liked Deathscyther better on it. I had success with Deathscyther Heavy Orbit at yesterdays NY event. It was able to destabilize and beat a lot of Deathscyther/Neptune Heavy Revolve. I also beat Valkyrie Gravity Revolve with it. IMO it seems like one of the best combos in the game right now.
For what it's worth, I like it too. It's great at destabilizing opponents... And it's also the coolest looking Bey currentlu
Has anyone tested Dark Deathscyther with Defense rather than Orbit?

In Toronto D2 on Orbit has been rather popular since our post-BEYBLADE NORTH testing, but I was always a bit wary of Orbit because you can't launch full power without risking self-KOing with it. So, I decided to try Defense instead and have found it to be a good alternative. It's done well for me in the past two Toronto events; good defense, stamina, some movement, easier to launch at a higher RPM than Orbit. @[Mitsu] also used it this weekend and had some success.
Will give it a shot. What do you think it performs well against?
There is one test above in the first post too, but I can try testing more, and I should get Jeir Jormungand this week as well.
Here are all the matches I had ended up using Dark Deathscyther paired with Defense in last Saturday:

1. Mitsu vs. U wot m8: Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense vs. Valkyrie Heavy Accel (3-2)
U wot m8 had already been using Valkyrie Heavy Accel for most of his matches and I didn't know whether he'd switch to a stamina combo or not. He stayed with Valkyrie and I had ended up losing the first round by knockout; the second by launching my Dark Deathscyther out of the stadium. I had started to weak launch on angle (in hopes he wouldn't stall Valkyrie) and I avoided some pretty big hits. I had won the rest of the games. This was, however, a very unsafe match and it could have easily been in U wot m8's favor.

2. Mitsu vs. Kei: Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense vs. Xcalibur Gravity (or Heavy?) Xtreme (3-0)
I had used no specific launch technique here. Without one, you should still be able to win against Xcalibur consistently.

3. Mitsu vs. Technik: Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense vs. Valkyrie Heavy Defense (3-0)
Dark Deathscyther should be able to take hits from stationary Valkyrie combos pretty well. Launching as hard as you can is your key to victory.

I had also used Deathscyther Spread Defense against Naru Blader, but I can't remember exactly what he used. In any case, I had won that match, as well.

I like Defense much more than I do Orbit. While I do believe Orbit does have a bit of an edge when destabilizing, you have generally better stamina, better defense, and run less risks of running into the Stadium pockets with Defense. To add, Dark Deathscyther __ Orbit loses most of its stamina when it stalls around the Tornado Ridge. You would have almost no chance in outspinning or bursting stationary Deathscyther combos. When you replace Orbit with Defense, however, you won't be aggressive (when you are, the aggression hardly lasts) and you would have much more contact with stationary Deathscyther, as a result. If you don't outspin Deathscyther, you have a pretty good chance of bursting.
Did some testing of my own this morning, though I am always wary of my own results.

D2 Knuckle Unite Vs. Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme

D2 10 (2 wins by burst 8 by outspin)- Valk 0
2 double bursts. D2 was always launched first in Unites passive form, directly into the center of the stadium. Valk was always launched as flower. D2 often moved into Unites 'counter break' After the first hit and evaded quite well.

D2 Knuckle Unite Vs. Wyvern Heavy Orbit

D2 6 (3 by burst 3 by outspin) - Wyvern 4 (all by outspin)

Launches were all wyvern first. D2 was launched into flower. In all events where the flower was maintained D2 burst the Wyvern. In all events where the flower was lost after the first hit, in which D2 defaulted to its passive mode, the game was decided by first launch.
(Jul. 28, 2016  10:08 AM)Syphon Wrote: Did some testing of my own this morning, though I am always wary of my own results.

2 double bursts. D2 was always launched first in Unites passive form, directly into the center of the stadium. Valk was always launched as flower. D2 often moved into Unites 'counter break' After the first hit and evaded quite well.

D2 Knuckle Unite Vs. Valkyrie Heavy Orbit

Launches were all wyvern first. D2 was launched into flower. In all events where the flower was maintained D2 burst the Wyvern. In all events where the flower was lost after the first hit, in which D2 defaulted to its passive mode, the game was decided by first launch.

You should be alternating your launches, as launching a passive type (Stationary defense and Stamina) first and an active type (Mobile defense and Attack) second will generally create bias (Granted, that bias is usually in the active bey's favor, and you VHX test seems to throw that bias out the window)

Well, now I might have a use for my Knuckle disk and Unite driver, given I ever get a D2.
(Jul. 28, 2016  12:41 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2016  10:08 AM)Syphon Wrote: Did some testing of my own this morning, though I am always wary of my own results.

D2 Knuckle Unite Vs. Valkyrie Heavy Orbit

You should be alternating your launches, as launching a passive type (Stationary defense and Stamina) first and an active type (Mobile defense and Attack) second will generally create bias (Granted, that bias is usually in the active bey's favor, and you VHX test seems to throw that bias out the window)

Well, now I might have a use for my Knuckle disk and Unite driver, given I ever get a D2.

Well generally you'd want to launch the beyblade that's not an attack type first, because if you launch the attack type first, the results would be skewed based on how fast the attacking bey loses stamina.

I'd like to see someone back up these tests however, seeing a very unbalanced layer on unite is definitely a shocker.
D2KU VHX
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin
Loss - Win Burst
Win - Loss Knockout
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Burst
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin

D2KU 9 VHX 1

In the above tests the beys were alternated with who was launched first and D2 was always launched into its passive form

Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Knockout
Loss - Win Burst
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Knockout
Win - Loss Knockout
Win -Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin

D2KU 9 VHX 1

In the second set of tests both beys were alternated in launch with both beys being launched into an immediate tornado stall.

Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Knockout
Win - Loss Knockout
Win - Loss Knockout
Win - Loss Outspin
Loss - Win Burst
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin
Win - Loss Outspin

D2KU 9 VHX 1

In the last set of tests the beyblades were alternated with both beyblades being launched into an immediate flower pattern

So I decided to redo the VHX testing strain and alternate the launches (the first test) other than the singular burst the results are pretty much the same.

I then went on to do two different strains of tests to see how D2 and K handle U's two other launch styles. As you can see, it outperformed VHX 90% of the time in every single strain of tests. Interesting results, though as always take them with a pinch of salt. Anything can happen at a tourney.
Now these are results I can get behind. Awesome work!
Curious to know what everyone's opinion is on Dark Deathscyther's defensive capabilities (on Orbit and Defense). I've found it to be extraordinarily difficult to burst or even KO sometimes with most conventional Attack types (Accel, Xtreme, etc). The only Layer I've personally found some somewhat consistent success with is Valkyrie. Everything else I throw at it seems to have a hard time even getting more than one click lost on D2 by the end of the battle.

Interestingly, this isn't an Attack Layer, but I did find that Chaos does give D2 some trouble. In my testing with the new white Chaos from B-57 (which has one larger tooth than the original)–on Chaos Gravity Orbit to be precise–the battles typically ended in a double burst or with Chaos winning by OS handily.
Dark Deathscyther is definitely a beast. It has beaten Attack for me, likewise outspun Neptune and Wyvern. I do believe that Deathscyther is the only thing really keeping it in its place and would probably be worthy of a ban without it. Dark Deathscyther is pretty comparable to Odin, with a little less consistency when it comes to beating Deathscyther but having better Defense to compensate for it.

EDIT: I haven't really tested Chaos myself, but definitely interesting to hear Kei.
(Aug. 22, 2016  9:30 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Dark Deathscyther is definitely a beast. It has beaten Attack for me, likewise outspun Neptune and Wyvern. I do believe that Deathscyther is the only thing really keeping it in its place and would probably be worthy of a ban without it. Dark Deathscyther is pretty comparable to Odin, with a little less consistency when it comes to beating Deathscyther but having better Defense to compensate for it.

EDIT: I haven't really tested Chaos myself, but definitely interesting to hear Kei.

You guys are ready to ban anything that beats more than one type of Beyblade LOL