Dark Deathscyther Discussion.

(Aug. 22, 2016  9:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2016  9:30 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Dark Deathscyther is definitely a beast. It has beaten Attack for me, likewise outspun Neptune and Wyvern. I do believe that Deathscyther is the only thing really keeping it in its place and would probably be worthy of a ban without it. Dark Deathscyther is pretty comparable to Odin, with a little less consistency when it comes to beating Deathscyther but having better Defense to compensate for it.

EDIT: I haven't really tested Chaos myself, but definitely interesting to hear Kei.

You guys are ready to ban anything that beats more than one type of Beyblade LOL

idk man

[Image: meme.png]
While it's great for destabilizing and I can get Dark Deathscyther Upper Orbit to OS pretty much any Revolve combo aside from Deathscyther Spread, I personally haven't found D2 to be defensive monster everyone else makes it out to be. In my opinion it Bursts just enough to be inconvenient, like sometimes it will Burst in Stamina matches vs Revolve. As the Defense variant doesn't move around as much, it's a lot more vulnerable to stationary Valkyrie, and if that Valkyrie combo happens to be using Armed the D2 user has to gamble between Weak Launching and possibly getting OSed or strong launching and possibly getting Bursted. Orbit is better at avoiding contact with stationary combos, but the Orbit user also has to worry about self-KOs, so it's another gamble with launch strength. As with all mobile combos if you can read your opponent's launch well enough with a Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr combo you can hit them head on and Burst/KO them. From my experience Valkyrie Force Xtreme and Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme KO D2HD rather easily, though they tend to get Burst prioritied quite a bit as well.

TL;DR - From what I've seen K2 is harder to Burst and KO than D2, but D2 has more Stamina. Neptune's is harder to Burst, and Wyvern is slightly harder to KO (though I find that even KO Attack still Bursts Wyvern a lot).

As for Mold 2 Chaos, I tried Chaos Armed Orbit when I first got it and even Neptune Revolve was still Bursting it even after Orbit had finished Stalling. I don't have Mold 1 to compare it to, but IMO Chaos still seems as risky as ever.

EDIT:
(Aug. 22, 2016  9:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You guys are ready to ban anything that beats more than one type of Beyblade LOL

says the guy who banned libra when c145wb was the best defense setup

At least Odin had an excuse in that no really good KO Attack Layers had surfaced to counter it with Xtreme (Xcalibur was iffy) and that it could deal with Valkyrie using a Weak Launch.
Quote:says the guy who banned libra when c145wb was the best defense setup

Libra is on another level Tongue_out
(Aug. 22, 2016  9:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You guys are ready to ban anything that beats more than one type of Beyblade LOL

Haha, I'm not the one saying I want to ban it! That said, maybe it's just been a while, but I get the feeling that Odin is easier to defeat with Attack than D2, especially if V2 is as good as people say it is against it. Picking up D2 after so many battles and seeing zero clicks lost is discouraging!

(Aug. 22, 2016  10:05 PM)Wombat Wrote: In my opinion it Bursts just enough to be inconvenient, like sometimes it will Burst in Stamina matches vs Revolve.

Haven't run into this issue at all myself. It has more of a chance of bursting the Revolve-based opponent than bursting itself.

(Aug. 22, 2016  10:05 PM)Wombat Wrote: As the Defense variant doesn't move around as much, it's a lot more vulnerable to stationary Valkyrie, and if that Valkyrie combo happens to be using Armed the D2 user has to gamble between Weak Launching and possibly getting OSed or strong launching and possibly getting Bursted. Orbit is better at avoiding contact with stationary combos, but the Orbit user also has to worry about self-KOs, so it's another gamble with launch strength. As with all mobile combos if you can read your opponent's launch well enough with a Xtreme/Accel/Zephyr combo you can hit them head on and Burst/KO them.

I'm still hesitant about Valkyrie Armed personally (since I lost 3-0 in the perfect match up when I tried it once lol), but maybe I'll try it out again. I did lose to Valkyrie Heavy Revolve using D2 once 3-2, but that matchup was very close; it was nowhere near as easy a victory for Valkyrie as it would be against something like Deathscyther or maybe even Neptune.

(Aug. 22, 2016  10:05 PM)Wombat Wrote: From my experience Valkyrie Force Xtreme and Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Xtreme KO D2HD rather easily, though they tend to get Burst prioritied quite a bit as well.

Valkyrie Xtreme does okay, but for me D2 has always completely shut down Victory Valkyrie.

(Aug. 22, 2016  10:05 PM)Wombat Wrote: TL;DR - From what I've seen K2 is harder to Burst and KO than D2, but D2 has more Stamina. Neptune's is harder to Burst, and Wyvern is slightly harder to KO (though I find that even KO Attack still Bursts Wyvern a lot).

Really?! I find K2 to be pretty terrible; in my testing it was defeated very easily by things like Victory Valkyrie and Xeno Xcalibur. Neptune seems to fall pretty easily to Valkyrie to me as well. As for Wyvern, I've found its main weakness to be Xcalibur.

For me right now, the choice is kind of between Dark Deathscyther for Stamina/Defense and Wyvern for Defense (with potential for OS against Stamina if yours is well-balanced and depending on how strong you are). D2 has more recoil, so despite the strong teeth it possesses, I feel more confident in Wyvern as a pure defense type currently (except against Xcalibur), though of course the use case scenarios for it are much lower than D2.

(Aug. 22, 2016  10:05 PM)Wombat Wrote: As for Mold 2 Chaos, I tried Chaos Armed Orbit when I first got it and even Neptune Revolve was still Bursting it even after Orbit had finished Stalling. I don't have Mold 1 to compare it to, but IMO Chaos still seems as risky as ever.

Yeah, it's definitely still risky. The only thing I feel somewhat comfortable using it against is Dark Deathscyther. Had a fun match with Mitsu this weekend though: CGO vs DHO. I lost 3-0, but only bursted in the final round at the end and the first two rounds–where I didn't launch as hard as I could have–were arguably ties. But yeah ... risky haha.
quite honestly D2 is not THAT great, WHR, DHR, V2GZ (only if you're able to get good hits on it, if D2 stalls then you're kinda screwed), and a couple more things have quite a good chance of beating it. D2 does self burst, if you launch it to the point where it's the one making most of the attacking contact, works the same as Deathscyther from what I've seen. When Deathscyther makes a lot of contact to an opposing Deathscyther it has more of a chance of self bursting (this theory is based off D2 v D2 and D2 v D matchups). But, I guess it is the safest choice to go for if you want to have a chance of beating any type of bey, still no where near as broken as Odin though because Odin literally didn't have a chance of beating everything, it did beat everything.
I really am a fan of D2, as it worked against everything it was thrown at in the last tournament. Don't know how it stacks up to Odin, but I love it. I want a red one though
(Aug. 23, 2016  10:12 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: quite honestly D2 is not THAT great, WHR, DHR, V2GZ (only if you're able to get good hits on it, if D2 stalls then you're kinda screwed), and a couple more things have quite a good chance of beating it. D2 does self burst, if you launch it to the point where it's the one making most of the attacking contact, works the same as Deathscyther from what I've seen. When Deathscyther makes a lot of contact to an opposing Deathscyther it has more of a chance of self bursting (this theory is based off D2 v D2 and D2 v D matchups).

I was curious about WHR and want to test it, but didn't you beat that at the tournament this past weekend with D2? But yeah, my main point here is that it's really strong defensively and makes using other Defense types almost irrelevant because of how much Stamina it also has. It's possible to beat Deathscyther with it too depending on how strong you are, and possible to burst it depending on the condition of your opponent's Deathscyther.

(Aug. 23, 2016  10:12 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: But, I guess it is the safest choice to go for if you want to have a chance of beating any type of bey, still no where near as broken as Odin though because Odin literally didn't have a chance of beating everything, it did beat everything.

The more important question now though would be: does Odin still "beat everything"? And if not, does it possess a greater chance of beating any type of Beyblade than Dark Deathscyther does? I don't really know; just putting the question out there.