Curse SK Ring: BGT Discussion/Testing Thread

Curse Valkyrie Wheel(H) Xtend+ 1S vs Lord Dragon Wheel(H) Xtend+ (Right)
Curse Win Rate: 60% (3 OS, 3 KO)
Lord Win Rate: 40% (3OS, 1KO)

Shindog noted that Curse has a grinding ability similar to Basalt in MFB. This was quite evident here, if it made good contact throughout the match it wore Lord down noticeably. I would use something more defensively capable than Xt+ if running Curse personally, but it is definitely not that bad at stamina given the right match up. What's worse is that this is without any metal chips or cores... Valkyrie probably isn't optimal but I was experimenting with different chips and did these in the process.
(Feb. 23, 2022  10:50 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2022  9:19 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: a few questions:

So 00wall drift is busted on curse. It seems to consistently win by os, and is winning against judgment and zweit. How? from what i've seen, curse sucks at stamina, and is actually decent on things like vanguard+v and charge metal where that isn't a problem and it brings out curse's attack potential, so why is it wrecking with drift? will xtend+ in defense or universe metal do the same thing? It just feels like the whole judgement+blitz thing all over again, it should be wayyyyy to low to os things like that. can someone test this against rage stock or smth, and judgement/zwei with destroy' or xceed'+z?
-Wrong. 00 wall is busted on curse. For defense. Outspinning any bey on extreme really doesn’t take much. And even then, drift gets knocked out of control. 

-Personally I don’t think curse has much stamina (though I did my testings with the Satan chip) and others did their testings with either solomon or Lucifer2 and in their tests curse seems to have great same spin. I think solomon and Lucifer2 are probably carrying it, but on its own it’s stamina is good at best. 

-Wha? Where did you hear vanguard +v (and by plus v I assume you mean venture +v?) or charge metal? Curse literally has like 0 recoil. If there’s was a scale from 1-1000 of curse’s recoil I’d say 10 at the very most. And for comparison judgement would be 10000000. 

I’m so confused.
i did mean venture, ig my sources were weird.

(Feb. 24, 2022  12:36 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2022  9:19 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: a few questions:

So 00wall drift is busted on curse. It seems to consistently win by os, and is winning against judgment and zweit. How? from what i've seen, curse sucks at stamina, and is actually decent on things like vanguard+v and charge metal where that isn't a problem and it brings out curse's attack potential, so why is it wrecking with drift? will xtend+ in defense or universe metal do the same thing? It just feels like the whole judgement+blitz thing all over again, it should be wayyyyy to low to os things like that. can someone test this against rage stock or smth, and judgement/zwei with destroy' or xceed'+z?

It's round with wheels and tanks hits like a champ... I think you just saw wrong on stamina? It's a very defensive design that can also grind opponents. Also confused as to why you are talking about standard format, rubber-phobic combos in GT... X' exists. You can even use Quick' if you can't control that... This is the format for it, curse and abyss aside. No offense but putting judgment or zwei on ds' is pretty bad, you have rotational recoil which plastic doesn't control, and they aren't built to outspin things. The issue is the combo is too round and weighty to push far enough - this is not helped by even less speed or friction on the attack type involved, this is why every other generation we have used rubber tips for attack, it's so odd to me that we hit burst and suddenly everyone is scared to say Xtreme'... Anyway no, they won't help, and Vn+v might work on curse because curse can spin steal and that driver has good LAD? Works on almight+s+v too as weight defense. Kinda defeats the big use of perfect genesis too, pushing out another native layer.
For Ds' you really want imperial (which is phenomenal on Ds' - see my benchmark test with it in the death thread or random testing), but I'm pretty sure that will bully Curse Drift easily enough anyway, like it bullies a lot of right spin stamina. I can have a look and see what else might work there to see just how disruptive this is.

That said, for aggressive layers that still tank stuff you can see Abyss once the testing thread is up or Death, which is a bit worse but you can stack weight on it to tank Zwei quite well... This is kinda why a lot of this SK stuff doesn't belong in GT IMO.

As has been said earlier in the thread, judgment (at least on x') will beat this, but that is separate to the point stated in my post about the warping effect this has on the format. I want there to be dedicated defense in GT..I might even be ok if they use zn'+z as it's lad is just okay, not sure yet, but drift? Nahhhhhh... Don't want layers that can abuse it.

Drift isn't even the point here either - curse is "busted" for gt, not a driver busted for curse, I guess I should have used a less contentious driver too... Maybe I can do that tonight. I was just using drift as it's an obvious choice for being weak launched in opposite. I might be able to come up with something else as well (esp vs imperial Ds').

As for curse Vn+v, I will try it, I can see ways it could work though not aggressive ones - how are you launching it? Banking, strength etc.

ohh looking back it was dead hades+blitz atomic didn't say anything about standard, i just asked for rage cuz i was wondering if curse is good enough to beat banned layers. also i've found that judgement on ds' is decent, better than it on things like quick' but my stadium isn't standard and my judgement is pro series so that might be the problem lol. I guess i'm sorta chalking it up to drivers like drift and universe cuz both 00wall and curse were never really meta(as far as i know), with 00wall being only good on bearing which is the only reason people recognize it as a good core-frame combo, and curse was just outclassed from the get-go. and don't the wheels do jack too? I don't know but i just find it realllllly hard to believe that curse is decent now when it wasn't good on release.i even looked through the winning combos thread and i can't find curse. if it with a driver like drift is this good, why was there no curse with 00wall and universe? i'm just really confused as the why it's good now, when it was average in the meta this format is supposed to replicate.
Hard disagree on judgment Ds' being better than qc'but judgment even works in octa so 🤷 We also aren't really at the point where we should be testing outside the format.

As for why it didn't see use... It came out in a random booster as a prize bey and the next, more available release was only 4 months later but came with Tempest, which totally outclassed it. Curse is round and defensive enough that the wheels don't need to do anything but I would imagine they do dissipate some degree of shock, even if it's minor.

00Wall was my choice based on preliminary testing for the best Defense I could get without sacrificing too much stamina for opposite spin battles. We're here to show what curse can do when properly built, not just what it can do on generic setups (though 00wall did work on Bearing in much the same way as here, the low centre of gravity of Wall makes dr more stable). This was the easiest for me to show the problem with.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't put Un on the same level as Dr nor do I think they necessarily benefit/avoid bad scrapes on the same disks iirc. But the driver isn't really the problem part here, other things can use Dr without issues.
(Feb. 25, 2022  12:04 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hard disagree on judgment Ds' being better than qc'but judgment even works in octa so 🤷 We also aren't really at the point where we should be testing outside  the format.

As for why it didn't see use... It came out in a random booster as a prize bey and the next, more available release was only 4 months later but came with Tempest, which totally outclassed it.
You think judgement ds’ is better than judgement qc’? Interesting. I mean maybe it works better for you but for me udgjement destroy can’t really KO opposite spin to well and in same spin since ds’ isn’t as fast or aggressive as qc’ defensive beys can OS it. With qc’ defense isn’t as powerful since battles don’t get to the point of outspins, and qc’ is more effective at KOing opposite spin as well. 

And yeah curse didn’t really see use in sparking since A- It was in a random booster B- It was the prize of said random booster and C- Due to the limited access nobody really got to see how good it actually was 

Now in BGT though, especially since curse is more available now, it’s different.
(Feb. 25, 2022  12:31 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2022  12:04 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hard disagree on judgment Ds' being better than qc'but judgment even works in octa so 🤷 We also aren't really at the point where we should be testing outside  the format.

As for why it didn't see use... It came out in a random booster as a prize bey and the next, more available release was only 4 months later but came with Tempest, which totally outclassed it.
You think judgement ds’ is better than judgement qc’? Interesting. I mean maybe it works better for you but for me udgjement destroy can’t really KO opposite spin to well and in same spin since ds’ isn’t as fast or aggressive as qc’ defensive beys can OS it. With qc’ defense isn’t as powerful since battles don’t get to the point of outspins, and qc’ is more effective at KOing opposite spin as well. 

And yeah curse didn’t really see use in sparking since A- It was in a random booster B- It was the prize of said random booster and C- Due to the limited access nobody really got to see how good it actually was 

Now in BGT though, especially since curse is more available now, it’s different.

I said the opposite to that - that Ds' is worse. It was in response to the previous post. 

I should also say that tournament use is only part of the picture. Bakushin saw no use until MFL, for example. Things get missed thru obscurity or ignorance regularly in Beyblade.
(Feb. 25, 2022  12:35 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2022  12:31 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: You think judgement ds’ is better than judgement qc’? Interesting. I mean maybe it works better for you but for me udgjement destroy can’t really KO opposite spin to well and in same spin since ds’ isn’t as fast or aggressive as qc’ defensive beys can OS it. With qc’ defense isn’t as powerful since battles don’t get to the point of outspins, and qc’ is more effective at KOing opposite spin as well. 

I said the opposite to that - that Ds' is worse. It was in response to the previous post. 

I should also say that tournament use is only part of the picture. Bakushin saw no use until MFL, for example. Things get missed thru obscurity or ignorance regularly in Beyblade.
Ah, sorry about that. 

And yeah a lot of stuff is missed mainly through obscurity though. I feel like every part is tested at a certain point but for things that aren’t as consistent it’s harder to find usage for them.

Also I’m heading home right now so leave the Glide testing thread to me 😈 (evil music commences)
Also I don’t have the exact same driver (best I’ve got is survive/metal survive) and for LAD the tests will be either with Vangaurd bearing’(worn) and 0 cross Xtend+(worn) and I’ll switch them or just 00 expand destroy on both beys to make it easier. I might do both.
From what I saw, there’s only 1 definite way to get Curse (it’s tacked on with Tempest), so most people who have tempest would have it, otherwise they’d have to rely on RNG
Was playing around with a Curse Weight Defense combo. Used to use perfect genesis on this but curse supplants it entirely (yay).

Curse Solomon[MCC] Almight+S+V 1S vs Zwei Diabolos1 Convert Qc'
Curse weak launched with a slight bank. Almight in High Mode, S Gear in free spin.

Curse Win Rate: 80% (5OS, 2BST, 1KO)
Zwei Win Rate: 20% (1KO, 1OS)

The OS was Zwei knocking it down while low on stamina, but this is rare. It's incredibly hard to KO tbh.

Here's a hastily-made vid of the combo vs left spin Ig' and Drift, where it does quite competently despite poor balance: https://youtu.be/9e2C3Ttw0wY
What is better curse or perfect phoenix for defense against attackers like judgment and zwei?
I have curse but not perfect phoenix but will be getting revive phoenix soon hopefully
(Apr. 02, 2022  6:54 AM)DedZeY Wrote: What is better curse or perfect phoenix for defense against  attackers like judgment and zwei?
I have curse but not perfect phoenix but will be getting revive phoenix soon hopefully

Curse is much much better than pP vs Zwei. I feel like pP would be a little better vs Judgment.
(Apr. 02, 2022  7:10 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2022  6:54 AM)DedZeY Wrote: What is better curse or perfect phoenix for defense against  attackers like judgment and zwei?

Curse is much much better than pP vs Zwei. I feel like pP would be a little better vs Judgment.
Intresting
ill be sure to test it out when i get pp.