Cosmic Discussion

Ok so I finally got cosmic and I'm really surprised there was no testing thread for it already. It's actually really good.

I guess not many people saw potential in it because of it's weight. So with some informal testing I decided to try out a force-smash combination, as that was what big bang was usefully for.

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs TH170R2F

Now you might be asking why I use TH170 instead of 230.

Well first of all cosmic has no "overhang"
Whereas big bang has more of an "overhang"
Basically big bang hangs over the track whereas cosmic doesn't. This is important because it means we have to use a shorter track with cosmic in order to get the same contact as big bang.

I've found TH170 works the best at delivering this. And because cosmic is so light, I usually don't like to go on too tall of a track, I've found that 170 tends the stay in the stadium more than 195 and 220, while maintaining a good enough force smash.

The only issue with cosmic is the weight. Which makes it especially prone to getting koed battling basalt.

Tests

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs TH170R2F vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Cosmic: 13/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 7/20 (5 KO, 2 OS)

Cosmic Win Rate: 65%

There were 2 ties and they were redone.

Cosmic hit very hard but it's so light and has so much recoil, if basalt got a wall save it would usually end up cosmic would usually get koed.

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs TH170R2F vs MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS
Cosmic: 12/20 (10 KO, 2 OS)
Duo: 8/20 (3 KO, 5 OS)

Cosmic Win Rate: 60%

1 Tie that was redone.

Again the issue here was the weight. If only it had a little more "sling" weight it could work fantastic. The outspins by cosmic were scrapes by duo. Sometimes Cosmic would destabilized Duo to the point of scraping, and then either outspinning or koing. 1 Surprising thing I noticed was that it could KO at low revolutions unlike flash. Definitely reminds me of variares.

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs R145R2F vs MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS
Cosmic: 10/20 (9 KO, 1 OS)
Duo: 10/20 (7 OS, 3 KO)

Cosmic Win Rate: 50%

1 Tie that was redone.

Ok I definitely like TH170 better. It just explodes more. R145 had to get a really solid hit to KO, but it is definitely an option for people who don't have access to takara tomy beyblades.

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs TH220R2F vs MF-H Duo Aquario E230CS (Boost Mode)
Cosmic: 2/5 (All KO)
Duo: 2/5 (All OS)

1 Tie, and then my only other MF-H broke from the impact :C

Um yeah, all I can say is that I love the toolbox this combo carries with the TH170. It can switch to have an advantage over e230 customs as well.

I also made a video when I first made the combo:
After the video I practiced with it more and discovered you need to sorta of deep bank with it. But that just kinda show some proof of it koing.

Waaaaaaaaiiiiiittttt.
Cosmic went... Positive?
Gasp
Once Metal Fury hits by stores, I'll contribute to some testing definitely.
Gosh it took you so long to make this :V
Anyways, I'm very impressed by Cosmic, obviously, everybody expected it to suck a lot of..err..MB's Joyful_3
Do you have/have you tried 160? From what I've heard it is at an odd height, but for what you were looking for in the track, it could work?
Overall, thanks for the tests, Grab.
Whoa cosmic actually had some good results!!!!?that was surprising i thought cosmic was not a good fusion wheel because underneath its hollow man i have to check it out for myself.
Oh ho ho, EXCELLENT testing! I actually have Cosmic so I'll put tests in once I get my new launcher.

How does it fare against 130/125 height opponents? I'd imagine any shorter would be a (rare) problem.
Maybe it's because it's a more "solid" Metal Wheel, instead of a 2 piece one. That could have to do with it...
And i thought cosmic would suck.
Interesting, I'm very surprised.
But I think it isn't at the levels of diablo and flash, right?
However, it is strange, why the Cosmic, that weighs less, is better than the BigBang?
We need more tests.

Anyway, thank for this tests Meow! Smile
Well obviously not..like Grab said in the video, it's looking more on the lines of Rivaling Variares.

Edit: said Basalt, meant Variares
I wonder how cosmic will do with a W145R2F combo thanks for the tests.
OMG im Cosmic LOL. ok This was a great testing. my testings were worse than this. great testing Tongue_out
I would love too see cosmic vs stamina types such as phantom AD145WD combo i think this probably made me want to get a cosmic pegasus and possibly beat lynx AD145WD
In a Stamina Battle, or Attack vs. Stamina?
Either way, the results would be pretty obvious, really.
(Jul. 30, 2012  7:37 PM)Zancrow Wrote: In a Stamina Battle, or Attack vs. Stamina?
Either way, the results would be pretty obvious, really.

Well if its Attack vs. Stamina. Stamina will win in a hasbro stadium but Attack or Stamina have good chances in a Takara Tomy Stadium. Smile but attack got a better chance.
If it was an attack type stadium attack can ko stamina while stamina can out spin attack so it is 50/50 chance for both types
(Jul. 30, 2012  7:32 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Can we get comparative results with Big Bang?

Yeah, I would wanna see Cosmic versus other top tier beys, then swap out cosmic for big bang. I would wanna see how the results would vary.
These tests are actually trying to be legal, so obviously I'm not even going to mention Hasbro Stadiums when I talk about test results.
Anyways, peoples, I have a Big Bang that I could do some tests for, I don't have the Cosmic to be able to do Comparative Tests by myself, but you could just compare mine to Meow's.
Any good combos with Big Bang you want tested? I really don't know what BB is good on..
(Jul. 30, 2012  7:43 PM)Zancrow Wrote: These tests are actually trying to be legal, so obviously I'm not even going to mention Hasbro Stadiums when I talk about test results.
Anyways, peoples, I have a Big Bang that I could do some tests for, I don't have the Cosmic to be able to do Comparative Tests by myself, but you could just compare mine to Meow's.
Any good combos with Big Bang you want tested? I really don't know what BB is good on..

Just swap out that cosmic for big bang. use that combo against the beys he vs them against.
Just do what he did - MF-H, Kerbecs, TH170, and R2F. That'll give some comparative tests.
Sorry I don't have big bang so I could not do any comparison tests between the two.

Also Zancrow I'm not to familiar with Big Bang's modes but I'm pretty sure the mode where the gap between the wings is the largest. Big Bang should be tested in a similar force smash set-up. So MF-H Big Bang 230R2F, is what was suggested back in the big bang testing thread.

That is one of the reasons I believe cosmic is amazing at force smash. Without the "core" molded in, the gap is much larger allowing it to dig into duo and get the maximum force smash.

And btw my points on competitive viability are this: It's so light that it get beat by just about every other attacker in the game and cannot hit LTDCs. So there's a lot that it can't beat.

It should only be used if takara tomy beyblade are not available. And you want to use an attack type beyblade.
Wow.. MF-H Big Bang Kerbecs 230R2F is a ridiculously fun combo to watch KO things.
Test results are coming after I eat :3
Before jumping to conclusions, someone really has to post comparative results with Big Bang too. This is why I have not really bothered to test my Cosmic : I do not have Big Bang to compare at all. Perhaps Meow! is just very good with Attack types, but that he would totally destroy Duo using a Flash combination, so Cosmic and Big Bang would be outclassed anyway.
I literally just got mine and ironically I don't have big bang so any requests? Ill do them later