Cooking Thread: your "i cant cook" jokes aren't clever

Wow, a bacon sandwich. I sooo need to try that sometime.
UHM I DID THE POTATOES

They had:
-Margarine
-Lactose free milk (i am lactose intolerant you see)
-basil
-thyme
-cumin seeds
-Parmesan cheese
-Russian tarragon
-garlic salt
-salt
-pepper

AND THEY WERE WONDERFUL
they weren't supposed to be mashed but she overcooked them :3
(Sep. 27, 2008  8:26 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: UHM I DID THE POTATOES

They had:
-Margarine
-Lactose free milk (i am lactose intolerant you see)
-basil
-thyme
-cumin seeds
-Parmesan cheese
-Russian tarragon
-garlic salt
-salt
-pepper

AND THEY WERE WONDERFUL
Garlic salt tastes awesome in Spag Bol :3
Because two friends came over for lunch today...

Braided salmon. Something I wanted to try for the past week or so.
[Image: PC040091.jpg]

Spaghetti al nero with prawns, calamari marinated in oyster sauce and spices, fried salmon slice and baked braided salmon (as shown above), in miso-based sauce.
[Image: PC040093.jpg]
(Dec. 04, 2008  1:03 PM)Nic Wrote: Because two friends came over for lunch today...

Braided salmon. Something I wanted to try for the past week or so.
[Image: PC040091.jpg]

Spaghetti al nero with prawns, calamari marinated in oyster sauce and spices, fried salmon slice and baked braided salmon (as shown above), in miso-based sauce.
[Image: PC040093.jpg]

The salmon looks amazing but do I see squid in the background? Eww eww eww. Pinching_eyes_2
It's calamari. Also, what's eww about that?
(Dec. 04, 2008  4:58 PM)Nic Wrote: It's calamari. Also, what's eww about that?

Sorry, skipped over the bit that said 'calamari' when I was reading it for some reason and meh, I just dislike squid and stuff.

Also, what kind of chocolate or sweets do you guys like best? I like magic stars and sherbet, though drumstick lollies are pretty sweet too. (see the pun I made there? huhuh! >.> )

Couldn't find a better place to post this, I guess it's not cooking unless you use them in something but oh well... also, I just had an awesome steak pie. YUM. =D
Nic, that's beautiful. How did you do the braided salmon?
(Dec. 04, 2008  8:24 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2008  4:58 PM)Nic Wrote: It's calamari. Also, what's eww about that?

Sorry, skipped over the bit that said 'calamari' when I was reading it for some reason and meh, I just dislike squid and stuff.

Also, what kind of chocolate or sweets do you guys like best? I like magic stars and sherbet, though drumstick lollies are pretty sweet too. (see the pun I made there? huhuh! >.> )

Couldn't find a better place to post this, I guess it's not cooking unless you use them in something but oh well... also, I just had an awesome steak pie. YUM. =D

Magic stars melted onto crumpets is nice.

Also, Nic. I want your cooking skills, that dish is beautiful.
(Dec. 04, 2008  9:10 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nic, that's beautiful. How did you do the braided salmon?

I took a slab of salmon and sliced it perpendicular to the skin to get long slices about 1 cm thick and 3 cm wide, with the skin on one side. Then, I sliced it parallel to the skin, like this:

[Image: 9bd3f2d5.jpg]

The three ends were then braided.

I saw a picture of japanese saba being done that way, so I thought I'll give it a try with salmon. It's more visual with saba since it's a small fish, so they left the head at one end and braided the body and tail.

(Dec. 04, 2008  8:24 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Sorry, skipped over the bit that said 'calamari' when I was reading it for some reason and meh, I just dislike squid and stuff.

(calamari is squid)
(Dec. 05, 2008  2:27 AM)Nic Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2008  8:24 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Sorry, skipped over the bit that said 'calamari' when I was reading it for some reason and meh, I just dislike squid and stuff.

(calamari is squid)

I thought I heard something about that before but I'm too much of a fool to look it up. xD

I usually love chinese and japanese food even if it is that fake fatty kind that gets served in england oh so often. Crispy seaweed with fish topping <3 NOM NOM NOM.
(Sep. 24, 2008  11:08 AM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2008  10:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nope. Tell me about it.

Looks like this:
[Image: 161582992_7acdfe5e57_o.jpg]

the way you make it is like this:
Dependant on how many piece you want to make, 1 egg can normally do 1 to 2 slices, depends on how much you soak the bread XD.

+ Obviously you'll need a frying pan and a little oil in there to stop the bread sticking (heated).
+ Crack one egg into a bowl (has to be large enough to be able to house a slice of bread)
+ Add a little milk and a bit of pepper and mix together. (It's kind of like making Omelette mix XD)
Then once it's all mixed, dip the bread both sides into the mixture until both sides are evenly soaked.
Then you fry it on both sides til golden, like making fried bread to be honest.
Once it's golden brown, you take it out and sprinkle grated cheese on the top (I sometimes do it when I'm cooking the second side so that the heat from the pan melts it, just don't turn it over once the cheese is on XD!!)

The taste sometimes reminds me of home-made yorkshire pudding, but it's probably just the way my nan makes it that makes it taste so similar.

Tastes awesome with brown sauce, but you don't necessarily have to have it.
It's also incredibly filling, eventhough it's technically just fried bread with a bit of egg.

Note: Don't put the mixture in the frying pan, then the bread on top, youll get a nasty omelette/fried bread combo which really isn't appetising.
Soak bread in mixture first, then chuck the bread in the pan.
since last time I told someone how to make it, they did the Mixture + frying pan thing. It was silly XD

how much milk?
About the same amount you put in egg mixture to make an omlette. If you use milk that is.
(Sep. 27, 2008  2:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Tonight's a bit more complex, I'm making lamb. The rosemary you see is fresh from our neighbour's garden, and the lamb is locally slaughtered.

So this morning, a friend was telling me about a summer camp she went to when she was eleven. They raised animals on a farm and took care of them, and some kids got really attached. One animal in particular was this lamb she named Mr. Tiddlywinks. It was truly a "Mary had a little lamb" story--she loved that lamb. And then nearing the end of the camp, they had a delicious banquet with chicken and bacon and lamb chops.

She's a vegetarian now.

I had lamb for dinner tonight.
lamb owns

i had delicious short ribs
I love lamb, I still have some left in my freezer to eat. *ponders* I think I'll have that tonight Grin
Lamb is good. There´s this tradional food särä in Finland.. its just soooo gooood... :p yam!
Bean on Toast, Beans on Toast. This is the best food in the world...number one for Uni students and for those that can't cook.

[Image: SuperStock_1613R-7148.jpg]
That actually looks pretty good!
Bean and Toast, who would of though such a combination could exist.
that with cheese sprinkled on top is better Smile
Tried finding a decent photo with cheese but nothing was good enough.