Cooking Thread: your "i cant cook" jokes aren't clever

Pichuscute Wrote:Ugh, you people can cook better than my parents and my dad was a chef. =(

well there you go
I'm trying to make banana bread... I'll see how it goes.
G Wrote:I'm trying to make banana bread... I'll see how it goes.

this isn't the baking thread

Serious
Just made focacia again. I haven't done it for months, I think. It turned out well, but I'll wait for tomorrow before actually using it.
It's a hot summer night, I didn't want to do much ... so I made some linguine, rinsed it in cold water, and put some olive oil, herbs and spices on it. Refreshing!

... too much salt though Unhappy
Bey Brad Wrote:It's a hot summer night, I didn't want to do much ... so I made some linguine, rinsed it in cold water, and put some olive oil, herbs and spices on it. Refreshing!

... too much salt though Unhappy

I haven't done agio olio in ages. Need to do it again once the ulcer on my lip heals =O
(Aug. 09, 2008  5:08 PM)bugturtles Wrote: [Image: dsc5798bx9.th.jpg]

Cooked this for lunch.

I need to cook that sometime.

Anyway, on Friday night, me and my dad took out the grill and did beef steak, japanese sliced beef, pork chops, salmon steak, saba, various sausages and tofu. It was good.
jesus nic enough meat
(Aug. 10, 2008  10:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: jesus nic enough meat
It's perfectly fine, I had a potato salad too to balance it out.
DELICIOUS LATE NIGHT SNACK

1. Boil some linguine pasta.
2. Take some canned salmon, mix it with paprika, pepper, and salt and fry it in a pan.
3. Place salmon on top of pasta, add some salt, basil, olive oil and butter.
4. Yum!
Hmm I always keep some fresh salmon on ice in the house to grill for pasta or onigiri. Also, you might want to try using the salmon oil to cook the pasta.
(Aug. 12, 2008  3:52 PM)Nic Wrote: Hmm I always keep some fresh salmon on ice in the house to grill for pasta or onigiri. Also, you might want to try using the salmon oil to cook the pasta.

we don't all have the luxurious lifestyle you do
(Aug. 12, 2008  6:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2008  3:52 PM)Nic Wrote: Hmm I always keep some fresh salmon on ice in the house to grill for pasta or onigiri. Also, you might want to try using the salmon oil to cook the pasta.

Salmon isn't really expensive. You should go to places that do sashimi. They cut out only certain portions of the fish to use as sashimi, and sell the rest of it amazingly cheap. It's very good quality fish, just that you have to have the trouble of removing the bones.
(Aug. 13, 2008  3:16 AM)Nic Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2008  6:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Salmon isn't really expensive. You should go to places that do sashimi.

welcome to not "not living in singapore"
Looks good. Im a big fan of steak.
lol "Annie's Naturals"
Awesome steak man!

beats my spam+ramen situation by like miles
LOL tonight we're having leftover steak with ramen
haha nice!
steak still tastes better than spam though x.x
the steak with ramen is delicious