Cooking Thread: your "i cant cook" jokes aren't clever

it was carp delicious
God I wish I could cook like that.

Fuuuuuck. That looks so good.
Roan Wrote:God I wish I could cook like that.

Fuuuuuck. That looks so good.

Dude, it was nothing. Frozen vegetables stir fried, soba noodles boiled for two minutes, steak seared and some sauce. The whole thing took like 15 minutes.
Tagliatelle al nero di sepia.
(Squid Ink Pasta just doesn't have the same level of class)

[Image: p7161902lg7.jpg]

Cooked with salmon, shrimps and mixed ham and sausage shards, in a cream based sauce. I usually use milk and powdered cheese to make the sauce.

I haven't had this since I went to Italy last year. Took me forever to find a shop locally that sells this kind of pasta. It's a bit more sticky than regular pasta, and of course, the colour =O
Bey Brad Wrote:Angel hair pasta:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cappellini

Oh! Greatest noodles on earth. I know them under the name cappellini.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:[Image: p7161902lg7.jpg]

That blew most everything out of the water. Please tell me you are getting action on a regular basis. I won't forgive you if you aren't.
I'm cooking a steak right now... not sure how it'll turn out, but I'll find out in like 15 mins.
I've been waiting for my step mom to gtfo of the kitchen and she finally did when I checked Smile
its not good to be eating so late (especially such a rich food like steak)!
I know, but it's just this once. Plus I'm not worried about getting fat since I'll be bulking anyways.
i heard megan fox say that it helps you gain weight or something of the sort
Artie Wrote:its not good to be eating so late (especially such a rich food like steak)!

dude what the hell i've made steak at like 3 AM
Bey Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:its not good to be eating so late (especially such a rich food like steak)!

dude what the hell i've made steak at like 3 AM

well im not even gonna go into the fact it can begin to rot in your stomach (because thats a little ridiculous to me), but if you eat so late, all that fat is not burned off...it goes straight to storage because you're sleeping

im not hXc like some people (like nothing after 7 lol--sup bodybuilders--) but its generally not a good idea to eat something like a steak so late
hmm delicious steak Smile
A bit salty, but it's better than I expected.

But yeah, I don't expect to eat this late every night... only when the step mom makes whatever random stuff in the late of night.
How did you cook it, G? Better not be more than Medium Rare!

Also, rock salt and paprika make steak delicious.
Medium rare Smile
I can't stand fully cooked steak.

Paprika? I'll pick that up next time I'm at the grocery store.
i still love steak; i have it all the time nom nom
G Wrote:Medium rare Smile

try rare

what i do is get a moderately thick steak, coat it in rock salt, pepper and paprika, and cook it on medium-high heat until the sides are seared and take it off immediately
I shall try that next time.
So we don't really need to mix the ingredients up and let the steak sit in the marinade before cooking?
Bey Brad Wrote:
G Wrote:Medium rare Smile

try rare

what i do is get a moderately thick steak, coat it in rock salt, pepper and paprika, and cook it on medium-high heat until the sides are seared and take it off immediately

how do you cook your steaks? do you use an electric little george foreman grill or something?

also you prefer your meat rare? interesting
G Wrote:I shall try that next time.
So we don't really need to mix the ingredients up and let the steak sit in the marinade before cooking?

It depends on the marinade. You can do this right before cooking, but letting it sit would be fine I'm sure. With wet marinades, it's better to let it sit. This is more seasoning than marinade.

And I use a pan, Artie.
ahhh

too bad you dont have a full-blown grill. i much prefer them cooked that way (especially if using charcoal)
Grills are fine, but it's hard to get a strong sear with them. Lots of chefs use pan-searing for steak.
Ugh, you people can cook better than my parents and my dad was a chef. =(