Concept: New Beyblade Format

I have an idea for a new Beyblade Burst Format, it will be like normal apart from a few changes. If a bey bursts, you can no longer use it in battle for the whole tournament. Clicks are also called "Heals" and you only have 10 of those, meaning if you click your beys that would use up heals. So you have to use chassis and if they click you can just use another bey. Bursts are only 1 point, first to 3 or if you run out of usable beys means you lose. There's also if you run out of heals and your bey has a click, you will be out of the tournament. This forum will make chassis/Sparking back in the meta and maybe even GT beys like the Gen weight and Lord Spriggan. This This forum will also eliminate opponents faster allowing a fast tournament approach.
No. Just no.

Someone already said something about NOT making a sparking meta format, also a GT format is already being considered. Also your way of winning is kind of...weird, and players will be extremely confused.
Plus some other reasons.
So no.

Like there's no point in making this format.
(Sep. 24, 2021  6:04 AM)(Blank) Wrote: I have an idea for a new Beyblade Burst Format, it will be like normal apart from a few changes. If a bey bursts, you can no longer use it in battle for the whole tournament. Clicks are also called "Heals" and you only have 10 of those, meaning if you click your beys that would use up heals. So you have to use chassis and if they click you can just use another bey. Bursts are only 1 point, first to 3 or if you run out of usable beys means you lose. There's also if you run out of heals and your bey has a click, you will be out of the tournament. This forum will make chassis/Sparking back in the meta and maybe even GT beys like the Gen weight and Lord Spriggan. This This forum will also eliminate opponents faster allowing a fast tournament approach.
BGT was proposed not too long ago so there's already a format that has a probability in being in the makes this year. Sure this is creative but it would be confusing to try to learn. People who has limited parts access would have to buy more in order to have usable parts in the situation a beyblade that said person is using bursts. Proposing things like this would probably be fine if the game wasn't Beyblade.
(Sep. 24, 2021  6:04 AM)(Blank) Wrote: I have an idea for a new Beyblade Burst Format, it will be like normal apart from a few changes. If a bey bursts, you can no longer use it in battle for the whole tournament. Clicks are also called "Heals" and you only have 10 of those, meaning if you click your beys that would use up heals. So you have to use chassis and if they click you can just use another bey. Bursts are only 1 point, first to 3 or if you run out of usable beys means you lose. There's also if you run out of heals and your bey has a click, you will be out of the tournament. This forum will make chassis/Sparking back in the meta and maybe even GT beys like the Gen weight and Lord Spriggan. This This forum will also eliminate opponents faster allowing a fast tournament approach.

I think it's a good idea. BTW ya'll this wouldn't be a amount of usable beys format, it would be something like P3C1. The only problem would be keeping track of heals. Overall though, this could greatly speed up tournaments with large amount of people and looks to be interesting enough. HyperSpriggan Try giving advice to make this format better instead of calling it terrible. They don't want a sparking format, they want a new playstyle format. I see you shooting down people a lot so try to make some feel good while still suggesting your opinion.
(Sep. 24, 2021  7:08 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: No. Just no.

Someone already said something about NOT making a sparking meta format, also a GT format is already being considered. Also your way of winning is kind of...weird, and players will be extremely confused.
Plus some other reasons.
So no.

I'm usually a chill guy but this just makes me mad. I don't know how many times I've had to say to try being nice and open to new ideas instead of just being straight-up rude. There are nicer ways to say that when you're helping someone just saying that their ideas are terrible. Instead of putting others down try helping them improve instead of just saying everything that's wrong with this idea. I'm not trying to be mean it's just frustrating seeing an idea that could work it just needs some feedback and someone replies with this. And be careful with the word choice you use, it can really offend people. Trying to fit into WBO is not easy, heck just look at my former posts/threads I've created and you'll see. So please, have a kinder approach when talking to others about Threads/Posts, some people are very sensitive and can have their feelings hurt really easily. If I made an idea and someone told me this, I'd probably be depressed for a good while and might actually leave WBO. So again, please choose your word choice more carefully and be empathetic to newcomers.
(Sep. 24, 2021  1:10 PM)USN Wrote:

I think it's a good idea. BTW ya'll this wouldn't be a amount of usable beys format, it would be something like P3C1. The only problem would be keeping track of heals. Overall though, this could greatly speed up tournaments with large amount of people and looks to be interesting enough. HyperSpriggan Try giving advice to make this format better instead of calling it terrible. They don't want a sparking format, they want a new playstyle format. I see you shooting down people a lot so try to make some feel good while still suggesting your opinion.
Keeping track of heals would be hard since some people would cheat, maybe that is something that will either be removed or changed somehow. HyperSpriggan doesn't bother me, I think it's just his way of speaking. His way of speaking motivates me, but I don't think others will be like me. So I guess he does have to change his manner of speaking

(Sep. 24, 2021  3:02 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

Plus some other reasons.
So no.

I'm usually a chill guy but this just makes me mad. I don't know how many times I've had to say to try being nice and open to new ideas instead of just being straight-up rude. There are nicer ways to say that when you're helping someone just saying that their ideas are terrible. Instead of putting others down try helping them improve instead of just saying everything that's wrong with this idea. I'm not trying to be mean it's just frustrating seeing an idea that could work it just needs some feedback and someone replies with this. And be careful with the word choice you use, it can really offend people. Trying to fit into WBO is not easy, heck just look at my former posts/threads I've created and you'll see. So please, have a kinder approach when talking to others about Threads/Posts, some people are very sensitive and can have their feelings hurt really easily. If I made an idea and someone told me this, I'd probably be depressed for a good while and might actually leave WBO. So again, please choose your word choice more carefully and be empathetic to newcomers.
It really touches me that people actually thinks my idea has potential! Sure it might not be as cool as other formats like limited and Nightwing's Kingdom, but I thought it would be pretty cool. I took inspiration from the Pokemon Nuzlocke and thought what if Beyblades were real and people. Wouldn't a burst be the equivalent of death? And I came up with that format, I thought of the heal while I was typing the post. It might be hard to do the heal, so I might remove that feature in the format.

(Sep. 24, 2021  10:19 AM)Cindercast Wrote:
BGT was proposed not too long ago so there's already a format that has a probability in being in the makes this year. Sure this is creative but it would be confusing to try to learn. People who has limited parts access would have to buy more in order to have usable parts in the situation a beyblade that said person is using bursts. Proposing things like this would probably be fine if the game wasn't Beyblade.
You don't HAVE to use unburstable beys, it's just gonna be unusable for the rest of the tournament. It's meant to lessen people in tournaments faster, I don't think it will be confusing. Only confusing part is the heal, but on the burst it's pretty simple. Bey bursts? No longer usable, use another. So I agree with you on some points, but not all.
I don't understand how disabling part usage if said parts bursts will make tournaments go quicker. If anything people with a wider variety of parts would be able to dominate given that they can easily replace a part if they aren't allowed to use it. The explanation you gave in the first post barley went over the rules in detail so people would be able to understand it. To me this just sounds like standard format but more complex.
(Sep. 24, 2021  5:06 PM)Cindercast Wrote: I don't understand how disabling part usage if said parts bursts will make tournaments go quicker. If anything people with a wider variety of parts would be able to dominate given that they can easily replace a part if they aren't allowed to use it. The explanation you gave in the first post barley went over the rules in detail so people would be able to understand it. To me this just sounds like standard format but more complex.
Replace? No no, you can only bring 3 from what I thought of. You can only use 3 beys and if one bursts, it will no longer usable. Hence, it makes tournaments faster since if your bey bursts you can no longer use it giving you only 2 beys left. If you run out, you will be out. It does sound like Standard with more complexity, but it's still pretty cool since there is some fantasy feature if you'd like to think about it like that.
What I recommend instead of you not being able to use them for the whole tournament is, Say Blank is facing off with Unseen in a Classic Tournament. Unseen goes with Wing Accel Valkyrie, Blank goes with Spriggan Spread Fusion. Spriggan bursts Valkyrie, then you can't use it for the rest of the match and have to switch out to another Bey. If you lose all your Beys you lose the battle. But if you win the battle fair and square (Without a Burst) Then you still win. What do you guys think about this?
That's... not a bad idea. We could also implement the rule of no Metal and Dash drivers! This would make non dash drivers back in use, since the format wouldn't be of use if they just tighten the beys with dash and metal drivers. So we have to consider that. This is a better version, thank you for the advice and recommendation!
(Sep. 24, 2021  3:54 PM)(Blank) Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2021  1:10 PM)USN Wrote: I think it's a good idea. BTW ya'll this wouldn't be a amount of usable beys format, it would be something like P3C1. The only problem would be keeping track of heals. Overall though, this could greatly speed up tournaments with large amount of people and looks to be interesting enough. HyperSpriggan Try giving advice to make this format better instead of calling it terrible. They don't want a sparking format, they want a new playstyle format. I see you shooting down people a lot so try to make some feel good while still suggesting your opinion.
Keeping track of heals would be hard since some people would cheat, maybe that is something that will either be removed or changed somehow. HyperSpriggan doesn't bother me, I think it's just his way of speaking. His way of speaking motivates me, but I don't think others will be like me. So I guess he does have to change his manner of speaking

(Sep. 24, 2021  3:02 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I'm usually a chill guy but this just makes me mad. I don't know how many times I've had to say to try being nice and open to new ideas instead of just being straight-up rude. There are nicer ways to say that when you're helping someone just saying that their ideas are terrible. Instead of putting others down try helping them improve instead of just saying everything that's wrong with this idea. I'm not trying to be mean it's just frustrating seeing an idea that could work it just needs some feedback and someone replies with this. And be careful with the word choice you use, it can really offend people. Trying to fit into WBO is not easy, heck just look at my former posts/threads I've created and you'll see. So please, have a kinder approach when talking to others about Threads/Posts, some people are very sensitive and can have their feelings hurt really easily. If I made an idea and someone told me this, I'd probably be depressed for a good while and might actually leave WBO. So again, please choose your word choice more carefully and be empathetic to newcomers.
It really touches me that people actually thinks my idea has potential! Sure it might not be as cool as other formats like limited and Nightwing's Kingdom, but I thought it would be pretty cool. I took inspiration from the Pokemon Nuzlocke and thought what if Beyblades were real and people. Wouldn't a burst be the equivalent of death? And I came up with that format, I thought of the heal while I was typing the post. It might be hard to do the heal, so I might remove that feature in the format.

(Sep. 24, 2021  10:19 AM)Cindercast Wrote: BGT was proposed not too long ago so there's already a format that has a probability in being in the makes this year. Sure this is creative but it would be confusing to try to learn. People who has limited parts access would have to buy more in order to have usable parts in the situation a beyblade that said person is using bursts. Proposing things like this would probably be fine if the game wasn't Beyblade.
You don't HAVE to use unburstable beys, it's just gonna be unusable for the rest of the tournament. It's meant to lessen people in tournaments faster, I don't think it will be confusing. Only confusing part is the heal, but on the burst it's pretty simple. Bey bursts? No longer usable, use another. So I agree with you on some points, but not all.
Appreciate the love.
(Sep. 27, 2021  2:20 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2021  3:54 PM)(Blank) Wrote: Keeping track of heals would be hard since some people would cheat, maybe that is something that will either be removed or changed somehow. HyperSpriggan doesn't bother me, I think it's just his way of speaking. His way of speaking motivates me, but I don't think others will be like me. So I guess he does have to change his manner of speaking

Appreciate the love.
WHOA! Did Nightwing Beyblade or Burst just reply to my thread? That's so awesome, love your videos.

Creative? Yes. Easy to get into as it is? No. Should it be clearer? Yes. I see you're thinking of removing Dash and metal drivers but, Infinite lock beys theorically don't need heals and they surely don't burst that often. I mean, even if your bey click, you can just advance the clicks instead of "healing" to attach your launcher. The heal thing is kinda unnecesssary IMO. And I think this should have Spin Finish/KO too instead of "last standing wins", to balance it out (I could just use infinite lock beys and keep launching until the opponent bursts). UnseenBurst idea is very good.
(Sep. 27, 2021  10:24 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:

Creative? Yes. Easy to get into as it is? No. Should it be clearer? Yes. I see you're thinking of removing Dash and metal drivers but, Infinite lock beys theorically don't need heals and they surely don't burst that often. I mean, even if your bey click, you can just advance the clicks instead of "healing" to attach your launcher. The heal thing is kinda unnecesssary IMO. And I think this should have Spin Finish/KO too instead of "last standing wins", to balance it out (I could just use infinite lock beys and keep launching until the opponent bursts). UnseenBurst idea is very good.
It is, also it does have spin finish and ko. It's just if it bursts, out. Yeah the clicks was unnecessary, idk why I thought of that. Infinite lock beys will be meta in this format, but will they really if they get ko or outspun by other beys? I just added heals when I was making the post because I thought it would be cool, but now I regret. Unseen's was a very good idea. Easy to get into if I remove the heal thing, which was stupid. I'll try to make it clearer, try to fix some and add some rules. Removing infinite lock beys won't change much since they will get tossed around with they're oval shape, no matter if they won't burst or not.

I was thinking about UnseenBurst's idea, what if we do Wild Beygang format? You can only win the match with a burst, we ban dash metal and infinite locks. This would mean the battles will take longer, so it might be a bad idea. So maybe that's a no since sparking beys barely burst (apart from King Helios, Hyperion Burn and Glide Ragnaruk)
(Sep. 27, 2021  10:49 AM)(Blank) Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2021  10:24 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: Creative? Yes. Easy to get into as it is? No. Should it be clearer? Yes. I see you're thinking of removing Dash and metal drivers but, Infinite lock beys theorically don't need heals and they surely don't burst that often. I mean, even if your bey click, you can just advance the clicks instead of "healing" to attach your launcher. The heal thing is kinda unnecesssary IMO. And I think this should have Spin Finish/KO too instead of "last standing wins", to balance it out (I could just use infinite lock beys and keep launching until the opponent bursts). UnseenBurst idea is very good.
It is, also it does have spin finish and ko. It's just if it bursts, out. Yeah the clicks was unnecessary, idk why I thought of that. Infinite lock beys will be meta in this format, but will they really if they get ko or outspun by other beys? I just added heals when I was making the post because I thought it would be cool, but now I regret. Unseen's was a very good idea. Easy to get into if I remove the heal thing, which was stupid. I'll try to make it clearer, try to fix some and add some rules. Removing infinite lock beys won't change much since they will get tossed around with they're oval shape, no matter if they won't burst or not.

I was thinking about UnseenBurst's idea, what if we do Wild Beygang format? You can only win the match with a burst, we ban dash metal and infinite locks. This would mean the battles will take longer, so it might be a bad idea. So maybe that's a no since sparking beys barely burst (apart from King Helios, Hyperion Burn and Glide Ragnaruk)

I guess that for it to work you need to ban double chassis too (and things with rubber,plastic burst stoppers, etc. But I guess the metal would be very similar to what we have today in standard.
Yeah, which is why not being usable for the whole tournaments is better. It's just adding one thing like "Ref: Ok it's just standard, btw if you burst you lose. Player 1: wait wut"
Great, so what if you double burst with the opponent when you're both on your final bey? Are you both out? What if you're the only two left and you double burst? Is the match a tie for first then, or can you end up with no winner? Do you just restore them and redo the match, or just declare the draw? Beys don't even fit on launchers if they've taken burst damage (the disk gets in the way), so "heals" have to happen for them to even be functionally launchable so that just gets in the way too. Mugen Lock beys are also an oddity, as they don't take damage at all so if they're rotated off of the starting position do you still have to "heal" them back?

This format might be alright in a fun setting with a small group of friends where you can work out these details among yourselves, but it is too poorly thought out with way too many issues for it to be used in a larger setting. Good for funsies with friends, not such a good idea for the WBO.

Plus some other reasons.
So no.

It's possible to tell someone an idea isn't a great one without being a jerk.

Just thought I might want to let you know.

Imagine being hostile in a Beyblade forum.

I think your idea would be awesome for a casual match with your friends like MagikHorse said. It seems a little too complicated to be put into use, though, a lot of the ideas could be great for competitive play.
(Oct. 04, 2021  4:13 PM)MrMister Wrote:

Plus some other reasons.
So no.

It's possible to tell someone an idea isn't a great one without being a jerk.

I think your idea would be awesome for a casual match with your friends like MagikHorse said. It seems a little too complicated to be put into use, though, a lot of the ideas could be great for competitive play.

Spriggan left the WBO so he won't be seeing your post anytime soon.
(Oct. 05, 2021  8:40 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2021  4:13 PM)MrMister Wrote: It's possible to tell someone an idea isn't a great one without being a jerk.

Spriggan left the WBO so he won't be seeing your post anytime soon.
 Alright... 

He really didn't have to leave but whatever man.
I still can't believe someone left WBO because of a post I made, I feel so bad. I just wanted to suggest this cool format I thought off, damn.
Too many formats=more revising on what is banned and what isn’t=too complicated
(Oct. 11, 2021  8:31 PM)Attila Wrote: Too many formats=more revising on what is banned and what isn’t=too complicated

You say “too complicated” when revising on what is banned or not, while suggested by most bladers, is only actually revised by staff members and such so you aren’t even choosing it, if it’s too many formats just don’t go to the ones you don’t want. Im an OG burst Blader but I personally think Metal fight is weird, so I only have 3 formats to battle in which I happen to think is a pretty good amount. I wouldn’t be mad if there was even more! So before saying it’s too complicated, think about who’s actually revising it and if it’s too many formats, don’t decide that for everyone, just don’t go to the ones you don’t want to.

(Sep. 27, 2021  10:49 AM)(Blank) Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2021  10:24 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: Creative? Yes. Easy to get into as it is? No. Should it be clearer? Yes. I see you're thinking of removing Dash and metal drivers but, Infinite lock beys theorically don't need heals and they surely don't burst that often. I mean, even if your bey click, you can just advance the clicks instead of "healing" to attach your launcher. The heal thing is kinda unnecesssary IMO. And I think this should have Spin Finish/KO too instead of "last standing wins", to balance it out (I could just use infinite lock beys and keep launching until the opponent bursts). UnseenBurst idea is very good.

how about you have the judge/organizer or whatever its called check the beys for clicks and write down the amount of heals each blader has used before anyone touches their beys?
(Oct. 13, 2021  7:51 PM)Cool Microwave Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2021  10:49 AM)(Blank) Wrote: It is, also it does have spin finish and ko. It's just if it bursts, out. Yeah the clicks was unnecessary, idk why I thought of that. Infinite lock beys will be meta in this format, but will they really if they get ko or outspun by other beys? I just added heals when I was making the post because I thought it would be cool, but now I regret. Unseen's was a very good idea. Easy to get into if I remove the heal thing, which was stupid. I'll try to make it clearer, try to fix some and add some rules. Removing infinite lock beys won't change much since they will get tossed around with they're oval shape, no matter if they won't burst or not.

how about you have the judge/organizer or whatever its called check the beys for clicks and write down the amount of heals each blader has used before anyone touches their beys?

Doesn't really work well. Beys must be fully assembled to launch, so the "heals" system is basically broken and unusable to begin with since any damage at all will require a heal, and it's possible for the judge to deal or heal damage upon picking the bey up to check.

The idea itself is too flawed to be considered for anything but fun between friends.