Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos

It's recoil is worrisome for me, at least.
Has anyone thoroughly tested Basalt Aquario/Bull BD145CS against any destabilizers yet? One would think that they would perform well, but I would like to make sure.
uhm, hey guys, i obtained different results from yours.
145 users got "force smashed" away by basalt 230. attack customs didn't do that well except for hell bd145 RF, and few other metal wheels.
that's because even with strong hits, CS did an excellent work.
the only probloem is that cs worns out at the speed of light when basalt is using it.
Force Smash is a style of attack that uses slopes on the underside of a wheel to try to force the opposing bey downwards, against the stadium and disrupt/destabilize it and it’s spin. I think you mean Basalt is 'forcibly' smashing it away, or at least staying inside the stadium due to its extreme weight, while an attacker cannot. (Not too sure about heavy attackers such as MF Lightning LDrago BD145LRF.) But I too experience that, though. So, can only pure stamina types, and certain new combinations take it down? I didn't have a chance today, but I don't think Flame can do it. (Destabilizers.) I will try to back that up later, or tear it down.
yeah uhm, basalt destabilized 145 users, and the effect was very similar to force smash.
i was talking with a friend of mine, and he told me that things would be good to re introduce a weight limit:
normal face+gemios clear wheel+basalt+230+cs is the limit.
I started discussing about it so i thought it was a nice idea to let others know this and debate about this =)
I see what you mean now, yes Basalt and its demented spinning.
I don't think a weight limit should be introduced considering this thing can still be beaten, we're just not used to attackers being in their place; losing to defense types.
(Apr. 28, 2011  2:38 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Has anyone thoroughly tested Basalt Aquario/Bull BD145CS against any destabilizers yet? One would think that they would perform well, but I would like to make sure.

I did some informal tests against with MF L Drago 100WF the other day against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS. The width of BD145 was too much for it to overcome; it consistently lost by a split second.
"attack losing to defence types, we're not used to that" is a good point.
"stamina losing to defence types" we SHOULD NOT be used to that, don't you think so? =)

You can outspin by stealung spin with perseus, but still, playing a counter to a specific combo is not so viable in tournaments,
just my 2 cents
(Apr. 29, 2011  3:15 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2011  2:38 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Has anyone thoroughly tested Basalt Aquario/Bull BD145CS against any destabilizers yet? One would think that they would perform well, but I would like to make sure.

I did some informal tests against with MF L Drago 100WF the other day against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS. The width of BD145 was too much for it to overcome; it consistently lost by a split second.

Wait; MF LDrago 100WF consistently lost by a split second?
(Apr. 29, 2011  11:05 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2011  3:15 AM)Kei Wrote: I did some informal tests against with MF L Drago 100WF the other day against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS. The width of BD145 was too much for it to overcome; it consistently lost by a split second.

Wait; MF LDrago 100WF consistently lost by a split second?

Yes. Sorry if I didn't clarify that well enough haha.
(Apr. 28, 2011  11:42 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: uhm, hey guys, i obtained different results from yours.
145 users got "force smashed" away by basalt 230. attack customs didn't do that well except for hell bd145 RF, and few other metal wheels.
the only probloem is that cs worns out at the speed of light when basalt is using it.

Against this I've used MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD and it's worked out fine. I haven't tried other 145 tracks against it though.
(Apr. 30, 2011  9:58 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2011  11:42 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: uhm, hey guys, i obtained different results from yours.

Against this I've used MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD and it's worked out fine. I haven't tried other 145 tracks against it though.
Sure?
BD145+WD is one of the worst track+bottom in my opinion :\
In boost mode? Not at all, M145Q is. (Assuming you thought Cye meant Normal mode.)
Cye, I find that weird because when I did Hell Kerbecs BD145WD vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS and there were heavy KOs on both sides, but Basalts weight managed to keep it in, and Hell out. (Though Hell was not full-on hitting Basalt, only the lower half because of 230.)
i think we should really update the list. there are combos that can take down the entire tier with little to no difficulty.

here's a draft:

Attack:
MF-H Beat Lynx GB145

Defense:
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS

Stamina:

Combination:
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 MB

it's just a stupid draft, let's work on that
I like te idea of MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS.
I use the same combo, but with a Libra wheel since I don't have Basalt yet. From what I can see, it looks like Basalt covers more of the gap between the wheel and track somehow.
well basalt is also strong because it outspins almost everything
Can we just add BD145 to defense? I have some testing, if it helps, but I'm not able to do any as of right now because of school.

Also, what about adding Kerbecs to defense? Same weight, but how would we thoroughly test something like this?
(May. 17, 2011  2:04 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Can we just add BD145 to defense? I have some testing, if it helps, but I'm not able to do any as of right now because of school.

Also, what about adding Kerbecs to defense? Same weight, but how would we thoroughly test something like this?

Done and done.

I also added Hell Bull BD145 (Boost Mode) WD/SD/D to Stamina, and BD145/LRF to Lightning L Drago in Attack.

I'm also thinking putting CS in for the Stamina customs wouldn't be a bad idea.
The tier list now looks like the current metagame in NY.
We should probably add a Gravity Perseus custom under Attack as well. Does anyone agree? Also, I'm questioning the presence of Pegasis on the list.
Does CS handle destabilization better than WD? Obviously, the rubber would create friction, but it could also mean that it could upright itself faster?

EDIT: I say add Gravity Perseus to attack, with right spin at least. It's really been a recurring bey in tournaments that has succeeded.

How does Pegasis compare to, say Lightning or Vulcan? I mean, if they have similar results, I don't see why we should take it off.
I've been skeptical about pegasis for a while. It's just outclassed.

Some NY players use Gravity Perseus successfully, but I don't have one to test with.
(May. 17, 2011  10:11 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Does CS handle destabilization better than WD? Obviously, the rubber would create friction, but it could also mean that it could upright itself faster?

EDIT: I say add Gravity Perseus to attack, with right spin at least. It's really been a recurring bey in tournaments that has succeeded.

How does Pegasis compare to, say Lightning or Vulcan? I mean, if they have similar results, I don't see why we should take it off.

I've found CS to be great for Stamina, at least in combination with Hell + BD145 (Boost Mode) and 230, that is. I don't think it handles destabilization as well as WD, but that often doesn't matter; I think the rubber does help prevent it from falling over completely too quickly, and because of that, it's able to spin on the sharp tip for longer.

Yeah, it's been very prevalent lately in Toronto. What custom/parts should we add, though? I admittedly have almost always stuck with Lightning L Drago (and Pegasis when it was viable), so I don't have experience with using Gravity as an Attack custom.

Pegasis was AMAZING before RS and 230 came out. It's definitely outclassed now, unfortunately. I think it has the best late-game Smash in the game, but that doesn't matter anymore because it just can't do anything against RS or 230.
I was going to argue that even if it was bad against 230 and RS, since CS was still on the list for Defense, Pegasis could still hold its place, but from what I remember of my own testing, Pegasis was worse against CS than against WB, and even then it is not comparable to Lightning L Drago. For a while I have been defending it, but you could probably take it off now, hah.
Should we still have Earth on the list for defense? I mean, we want the very best there, no? I don't really think Earth stands up to what we have available now, especially when compared to Basalt.. I think it is most definitely deserving of top-tier status [BD145], though I'm not sure if that is applicable to other wheels. I'd assume Gravity would do well, but Vulcan? Not so sure.
Edited; should have read the list thoroughly.