Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos

(Jun. 14, 2011  1:06 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: So what's happening in relation to Gravity? I feel as though it should be inducted as Top Tier for Attack, however I'm not sure what others views are on the subject.
I've brought this up once before, they said there was no track consensus so I'll just make one, see what you think;
MF Gravity Perseus (ATK?) 85/90/100/D125/CH120RF/R2F/LRF
Hmm?
I'm happy with that. I've always viewed Gravity as being on par with Vulcan in terms of pure smash attack. Not to mention, the versatility the wheel offers is incredible.
So, will we consider both the Defense and Attack Clear Wheels for Top-Tier status?

Also, it's nice too see you after so long, Fyuuor.
To be honest I haven't used the alternative Perseus clear wheels, so I'm not sure whether they have much of a bearing on results Uncertain
I agree that the fact Gravity is dual-spin alone makes it incredibly competitive. Gravity BD145 variants are extremely versatile.
I do believe there is a significant difference between versions, Attack being the best. (From what I've read around at least.)
I find the Gravity BD145RF is lacking some serious oomph, compared to its other variants and Lightning LDrago BD145RF. But I agree with Gravity BD145CS as many people already use it anyway. Liking the new signature and avatar, Fyuuor!
I've tried MF Graivty Perseus BD145CS, and must say I'm quite impressed. Though I think it's more the combination of BD145CS then what it is Gravity.

Disregarding the other versions of the Perseus clear wheel for a moment, are we in consensus that the original is worthy of Top Tier status? We could always update the list if Gravity is inducted to include the other Perseus variants.

OkiBlaze
Thanks man, it's good to be posting again Joyful_3

Dan
Thanks man, made it last night. I think it looks kinda cool myself Joyful_3
(Jun. 14, 2011  2:35 PM)♥ Wrote: I agree that the fact Gravity is dual-spin alone makes it incredibly competitive. Gravity BD145 variants are extremely versatile.

Agreed. It's a solid wheel with a solid gimmick that makes it a must-own part.
You can dodge spin equalizing from either spin direction which is nice.
So why are we still lazing around, is there still indecision?
What category should I add Hell Kerbecs BD145CS under? It's Balance, imo.
(Jul. 05, 2011  5:05 AM)Kei Wrote: What category should I add Hell Kerbecs BD145CS under? It's Balance, imo.

Agreed.
Put it in normal and it is defense. :V
I'm okay with that considering CS itself is sort of a Balance tip anyway.
Okay, I've added MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS (hope everyone is OK with the MF addition) under "Balance".

The list isn't totally complete/up to date yet, so I'm open to more suggestions.
Again; where are we with Gravity, and with Basalt for stamina?
Edit: Why no Metal Face Heavy with that Hell Kerbecs BD145CS? I'd use MF-H with that over anything else, really.
I agree, Gravity Perseus 90/100/CH120/D125 RF/R2F/LRF for Attack.

I would even try to argue that MF-H/MF Basalt Bull/Aquario BD145CS could stand as a Top-Tier stamina combo as well as a defense combo. I haven't experimented with Basalt too much for stamina, but I know that the combo previously mentioned would nearly always outspin Burn combos.
Seriously, why is there all this tip toeing around about inducting Gravity as top tier? It's quite obviously top tier material.
(Jul. 06, 2011  1:21 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: Seriously, why is there all this tip toeing around about inducting Gravity as top tier? It's quite obviously top tier material.

What Track and Bottom makes it more top-tier, that is what is hard to come up with. It probably works with BD145 as well, although it did not do well for me at all, hah.
MF Gravity Perseus BD145 RF is a Top Tier Combo in my opinion.
It is versatile,it can beat Basalt 230 CS with a great %win from my tests.
Oki:
That is because Burn has some serious recoil IIRC, which is WD's worst enemy. When testing future stamina customs we should use Earth as it has no recoil really, giving WD best performance when faced against a recoil wheel. (WD is poor when on Hell vs. Basalt, Earth WD vs. Basalt is a different story) I don't really agree with MF-H Basalt Bull/Aquario BD145CS being a stamina type at all, it is completely smashed by low track defense and stamina types, IIRC. (I mean really smashed it isn't even fair.)

All you guys:
I've given you a track list of what did well for me. I didn't put BD145 for a reason; the parts do not harmonize together at all. The only metal wheel I found to go well with BD145RF was Lightning, and believe me, I've looked.
Again, Basalt 230CS isn't exactly the best defense bey we have available, if you have results of MF Gravity Perseus BD145RF actually KO'ing MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/MB I might change my opinion.
Oh yeah, what about Kerbecs being a top-tier CW in defense..?

Edit: What about MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145CS? It is a well-known combination and very, very versatile.
(Jul. 06, 2011  4:28 PM)Dan Wrote: Oki:
That is because Burn has some serious recoil IIRC, which is WD's worst enemy. When testing future stamina customs we should use Earth as it has no recoil really, giving WD best performance when faced against a recoil wheel. (WD is poor when on Hell vs. Basalt, Earth WD vs. Basalt is a different story) I don't really agree with MF-H Basalt Bull/Aquario BD145CS being a stamina type at all, it is completely smashed by low track defense and stamina types, IIRC. (I mean really smashed it isn't even fair.)

I've never heard that recoil is WD's worst enemy, but it could just be my lack of paying attention.

Even against Earth it's still very effective. All of Basalt's weight is focused on the outside, as with Earth, but Basalt's weight somewhat gives it more of a boost. CS with BD145 is a great combination for stamina and defense hybrids, especially with Earth or Basalt. I would argue further, but I have no testing results for proof, because I'm on vacation.

(Jul. 06, 2011  4:28 PM)Dan Wrote: Oh yeah, what about Kerbecs being a top-tier CW in defense..?

It is already.

No one said anything about (MF) Gravity Perseus 90/100/CH120/D125/BD145 RF/R2F/LRF/CS...? Does everyone agree so far with the tracks and bottoms?
I still don't agree with BD145 since I don't feel they harmonize properly..
Might as well tentatively add Gravity Perseus to Attack.
Obviously it can work in conjunction with RF or R2F or LRF and apparently CS. It also seems to work well enough with every face. I don't think it's terribly necessary to include a track for now.
(Jul. 07, 2011  3:59 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Might as well tentatively add Gravity Perseus to Attack.
Obviously it can work in conjunction with RF or R2F or LRF and apparently CS. It also seems to work well enough with every face. I don't think it's terribly necessary to include a track for now.

Wouldn't that sort of mean MF Gravity Perseus M145RF would be top-tier? If you don't put any definite track someone is bound to use M145 somewhere in this world. I still don't see the giant deal of this finding the 'most' top-tier, if we're going to do that why are low tracks still on the list?
Guys, can anyone give me the definition of top tier?

I ask that because the ultra famous Basalt 230 CS is literally giving this tier no tomorrow.
only mf lld bd145 rf is capable of facing this. vulcan doesn't do its job really well, other defense combos can't outspin it at all and guess what?

top tier stamina combos get either os'd or ko'd by basalt 230 cs.
(if they're using 85 they're getting os'd SOOOO easily)

Also, with 230 being used both for stamina AND defense, how can 85/90/100 be considered a top tier?
it's like saying "yo, this is one of the strongest combos but it has an auto-loss against other strong combos so it's not really viable"
one of the strongest --> not viable

even ch120 is quite borderline, because even at 145 height it doesn't obtain as much good results as a 145 solid and heavy track

i didn't mean to be aggressive or something like that with this post, but i just don't get the situation.