Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos

I think Earth is still a very good alternative to Basalt, which is not "outclassed" as some people would wrongly state.
not to be tragic, but i think EVERY SINGLE WHEEL is outclassed(except for the new ones which need testing), when compared to basalt.
flame is a good alternative for stamina, but it isn't competitive.
Same goes here.

basalt is the best defense, best stamina and arguably a good attack piece.
I don't agree that it has the best stamina? I mean, for a lot of people, when using a Basalt combo it tends to move around in the stadium a lot, which kills its spin. However, its shape and weight distribution does seem to give it great stamina, but I'm still not sure.

As for the Earth predicament, it still maintains good results. It's not like the attack metagame has changed to where Earth is outclassed, like with Pegasis.

Speaking of which, I think Pegasis is much like Storm; after time, it became outclassed. Its force smash was excellent for its time, but now, that time is over.
(May. 18, 2011  12:50 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: I don't agree that it has the best stamina? I mean, for a lot of people, when using a Basalt combo it tends to move around in the stadium a lot, which kills its spin. However, its shape and weight distribution does seem to give it great stamina, but I'm still not sure.

As for the Earth predicament, it still maintains good results. It's not like the attack metagame has changed to where Earth is outclassed, like with Pegasis.

Speaking of which, I think Pegasis is much like Storm; after time, it became outclassed. Its force smash was excellent for its time, but now, that time is over.

Basalt does indeed have better Stamina than Earth, but I don't know if it would be the safest choice you can make. Depending on the situation of course. I think it has a tiiiny bit of recoil, while Earth gives absolutely nothing. And of course, Earth also doesn't have the "spiral staircase of death".

Okay, I'm removing Pegasis from Attack. Also, I'm adding in Kerbecs for the Hell Bull BD145 WD/SD/D custom, since it only makes sense that a three-sided Clear Wheel would help, rather than hinder a three-sided Metal Wheel like Hell.
I haven't had the chance to experiment with Basalt, but how does it have more stamina than Earth with it being so much heavier? I would think Basalt based stamina combos are beating Earth based stamina combos because of something else.
(May. 18, 2011  7:54 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I haven't had the chance to experiment with Basalt, but how does it have more stamina than Earth with it being so much heavier? I would think Basalt based stamina combos are beating Earth based stamina combos because of something else.

Because all of its weight is distributed on the outside of the Metal Wheel, the Flywheel effect takes place, much like Burn.

Gravity Perseus D125/CH120 RF/R2F?

I haven't really seen the specific combos that were used at tournaments, but I think that somewhat sums it up? There are a couple I missed, but I'm not sure if 90/100 is possible with this combo.
Being heavier doesn't always mean less stamina.
the fact is that when a wheel hits a basalt, the wheel will lose way more stamina than basalt. I would call Basalt a "Spin Breaker"

@ cye: "I haven't had the chance to experiment with Basalt"
Well, if you want my opinion, you really should find some way to do it, trying out the famous combination
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS and MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS
(May. 19, 2011  9:54 AM)Yamislayer Wrote: Being heavier doesn't always mean less stamina.
the fact is that when a wheel hits a basalt, the wheel will lose way more stamina than basalt. I would call Basalt a "Spin Breaker"

this sounds like there is something else causing the Basalt to outspin stamina types.
Is anybody opposed to adding 85 with Lightning L Drago ?
I don't see why it wasn't put on when Vulcan was. Where do we stand with Gravity? It's a fine attack wheel, and we've already made some space.
(May. 21, 2011  2:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Is anybody opposed to adding 85 with Lightning L Drago ?

An attack custom with an auto loss matchup against 230.
LLD @ 85 height is surely good, but you should consider what is it going to face.
and i believe that a basalt 230 cs or basalt bd145 cs kills this.

also, while taking a look at most of the competitive combos, i feel like those can't stand against a good basalt combo.
Are we talking about competitive or "kinda viable when not facing the top tier" combos?

* Metal Face Lightning L-Drago 90/100/CH120/BD145 RF/LRF/R2F
* Metal Face Vulcan Horuseus 85/90/100/CH120 RF/R2F

LLD bd145 RF does good against 230, don't know against another bd.
other heights are not that good against basalt.

Vulcan doesn't really sound like a problem to basalt, maybe @ ch145 height it can do something against basalt 230, but i'm not sure about that

DEFENSE

* Metal Face/Metal Face-Heavy Basalt Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario 230/BD145/GB145 RS/RSF/CS
* Metal Face/Metal Face-Heavy Libra 230/GB145 RS/RSF/CS
* Metal Face/Metal Face-Heavy Earth Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario 230/BD145/GB145 RS/RSF/CS

libra and earth lose by outspin against basalt.

STAMINA

* Virgo 230/AD145/DF145/145/85 WD/SD/D
* Burn Bull 230/AD145/DF145/145/85 WD/SD/D
* Earth Bull 230/AD145/DF145/145/85 WD/SD/D
* Hell Bull/Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD/SD/D

basalt cuts down virgo burn, earth, and must test against hell (i tried few times and the recoil was KOing hell combo)
You've read my mind °_°''
(May. 21, 2011  2:03 PM)Yamislayer Wrote:
(May. 21, 2011  2:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Is anybody opposed to adding 85 with Lightning L Drago ?

An attack custom with an auto loss matchup against 230.
LLD @ 85 height is surely good, but you should consider what is it going to face.
and i believe that a basalt 230 cs or basalt bd145 cs kills this.

also, while taking a look at most of the competitive combos, i feel like those can't stand against a good basalt combo.
Are we talking about competitive or "kinda viable when not facing the top tier" combos?

* Metal Face Lightning L-Drago 90/100/CH120/BD145 RF/LRF/R2F
* Metal Face Vulcan Horuseus 85/90/100/CH120 RF/R2F

LLD bd145 RF does good against 230, don't know against another bd.
other heights are not that good against basalt.

Vulcan doesn't really sound like a problem to basalt, maybe @ ch145 height it can do something against basalt 230, but i'm not sure about that

DEFENSE

* Metal Face/Metal Face-Heavy Basalt Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario 230/BD145/GB145 RS/RSF/CS
* Metal Face/Metal Face-Heavy Libra 230/GB145 RS/RSF/CS
* Metal Face/Metal Face-Heavy Earth Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario 230/BD145/GB145 RS/RSF/CS

libra and earth lose by outspin against basalt.

STAMINA

* Virgo 230/AD145/DF145/145/85 WD/SD/D
* Burn Bull 230/AD145/DF145/145/85 WD/SD/D
* Earth Bull 230/AD145/DF145/145/85 WD/SD/D
* Hell Bull/Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD/SD/D

basalt cuts down virgo burn, earth, and must test against hell (i tried few times and the recoil was KOing hell combo)

I think that the only combos you should consider for the new MG are:
Metal Face Lightning L-Drago BD145 RF
Metal Face/Metal Face-Heavy Basalt Bull 230/BD145 CS
Hell Bull/Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD/SD/D (i'm not sure that this can be a Top Tier against the 2 combos i've listed)

Others,in my opinion,can be "burned" xD
You forget that MF Hell Kerbecs BD145RF is a sufficient counter to Basalt 230, at least from my testing. It gives Basalt hell. But seriously, why is Basalt 230CS such a big deal anymore? We have a plethora of combinations meant to dispose of it, people in tournaments are no longer turning to Basalt 230CS to do well in tournaments, but to MF Lightning LDrago BD145LRF.. Not saying a lot of people used Basalt 230CS, but whoever did use it did well for the most part. (I can assume from tournament placings from all over the place)
(May. 21, 2011  2:57 PM)Dan Wrote: You forget that MF Hell Kerbecs BD145RF is a sufficient counter to Basalt 230, at least from my testing. It gives Basalt hell. But seriously, why is Basalt 230CS such a big deal anymore? We have a plethora of combinations meant to dispose of it, people in tournaments are no longer turning to Basalt 230CS to do well in tournaments, but to MF Lightning LDrago BD145LRF.. Not saying a lot of people used Basalt 230CS, but whoever did use it did well for the most part. (I can assume from tournament placings from all over the place)

Can you provide me a video where MF Hell BD145 RF defeat Basalt 230 CS?
Because if you can do it,i want to know how you can do it.
well wait a second. basalt 230 cs loses* to a hell bd145 rf. which isn't even in the competitive combos.
It is kinda weird, don't you think?of course there are ways to beat basalt 230 cs, but guess what? none of them are listed as competitive (except for lld bd145 rf)

this list is called "competitive" for a reason, and i don't think that an entire competitive list should be defeated by a single combo.
if you would go to a tourney without knowing anyone, you should use a competitive combo, right? Guess what? someone uses a basalt 230 against your LLD 85 rf. What will you do now? Just accept and lose?

My english is not that good, but do you get the point?

* Still, it isn't an auto loss matchup AND can be faced if you are better than your opponent. The same isn't true for basalt 230 against any 85 user, if you think about it.
(May. 21, 2011  2:41 AM)Dan Wrote: Where do we stand with Gravity? It's a fine attack wheel, and we've already made some space.

We're putting it up, we just need a specific track/height.
In my opinion (i don't have TH170 yet) Gravity must be played using BD145 in:

MF Gravity Perseus BD145 RF

Unfortunately, i don't think it can be a Tier combo due to Basalt.
I'm thinkin' about 85/D125/CH120/BD145. I'm certain I've killed Basalt 230CS with Hell BD145RF. I'll retest and PM you both the results, is that alright with you two?
(May. 21, 2011  4:48 PM)Dan Wrote: I'm thinkin' about 85/D125/CH120/BD145. I'm certain I've killed Basalt 230CS with Hell BD145RF. I'll retest and PM you both the results, is that alright with you two?

Of course,thanks Smile
i can beat basalt 230 cs with hell bd rf too. but that's limited to KOing a basalt in the center of the stadium.
I can second that, although my CS' usually have at least some movement, so KO's happen in places other than just the centre.
(May. 21, 2011  2:57 PM)Dan Wrote: But seriously, why is Basalt 230CS such a big deal anymore? We have a plethora of combinations meant to dispose of it, people in tournaments are no longer turning to Basalt 230CS to do well in tournaments, but to MF Lightning LDrago BD145LRF.. Not saying a lot of people used Basalt 230CS, but whoever did use it did well for the most part. (I can assume from tournament placings from all over the place)

Basalt 230CS is still such a "big deal" because you can beat many inexperienced players with it. There is a plethora of ways to beat it, as you said, but in general, it's a safe, powerful combo to use.
Sort of like 10bBistool, haha
Thank god it takes more than two different Beyblades to create MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Bull 230CS.
So what's happening in relation to Gravity? I feel as though it should be inducted as Top Tier for Attack, however I'm not sure what others views are on the subject.