Competitive Hasbro MFB Combos

(Feb. 10, 2011  4:39 AM)BillyBlast Wrote: tests

(Feb. 08, 2011  3:02 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: all test results should go in the "Hasbro Stadium Combo Testing!" thread, not here

also use catapult launch with RF in hasbro stadiums, not sliding shoot
Okay, you wanna take over, do so. God, the idea was to give combos that worked in Hasbro stadiums. Sheesh, if you want the thread locked, lock it. I'll edit it to what has been put, but I have tested every combo on there. Others have too. The problem with Night was that nothing but Burn did much better. I honestly am tired of doing tests 80-90 at a time, and being looked at like an idiot. Lock it, I don't care anymore.
Done.
i just got a PM from megablader9 (to bad he is done Unhappy ) saying for me to take over, so i would like this thread closed so i can make a new one (so i can change the list when needed)
I think the best thing to do would be to not open a new one. Keep the testing thread though.
Keep making drafts as tests go along.
Once you have concrete combos that are 100% properly tested, run it through a committee member.
Then open a new one, once it gets approved.
(Feb. 10, 2011  5:03 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I think the best thing to do would be to not open a new one. Keep the testing thread though.
Keep making drafts as tests go along.
Once you have concrete combos that are 100% properly tested, run it through a committee member.
Then open a new one, once it gets approved.

well ok, but the list i made has been tested by many (like 3 or 4 people) and do good for their purpose. so yeah i would still like this thread closed
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this was horrid.

There's too much bias and inexperienced members who feel they are superior in "Hasbro Knowledge" and try to push their Hasbro exclusives and random "niche balance" combos as top tier material.
I didn't think it was that bad. It could've done some cleaning up a lot earlier, but it feels like megablader9 was just burned at the stake for trying to help people. I didn't consider this post to be the end all be all tier list, and it shouldn't be. It's just a thread for discussion, and putting stuff on the first post makes it easier for users to not have to read through 17 pages of posts. You don't have to flame just because he has his own opinion. Instead prove whats wrong/right with your results or what not..
The biggest qualm I have with this is it shouldn't even exist at all, really.

For Hasbro, you could just take the top tier list, replace any RF with F, HF/S, or HF take away any parts not released, and add rock.

For defence, replace the bottoms with WB or SF.

That's really all there is.

EDIT: Also, none of the tests I've seen have been carried out or reported properly at all.

"Hasbro Metagame" to me, is a pretty big joke in itself.

When I've seen something that I really have a problem with and/or I'm interested in, I provide results to prove my point.

Really until now none of this "Hasbro metagame" has been interesting at all for me to provide input.

I think the game should stay as is, and Hasbro merchandise should niether be hated for their stadiums, nor raised upon a pedestal because "Hasbro parts are better".

I think the most that needs to be said about hasbro is a passing remark about it's parts being heavier, being more advantageous for defence.
(Feb. 10, 2011  2:15 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I think the game should stay as is, and Hasbro merchandise should niether be hated for their stadiums, nor raised upon a pedestal because "Hasbro parts are better".

so you think the WBO should not support those like me who cant get a TT stadium, and therefore cant test and play properly at tournaments because they lake training in a TT attack?

we are not doing this because hasbro parts are better at all, we are doing this for those who only have access for hasbro parts and stadiums

yes right now this thread is kinda like a joke, all it needs is a remake with someone who know what we are doing a bit better (me)

Quote: EDIT: Also, none of the tests I've seen have been carried out or reported properly at all.
my test were properly done and reported...
Despite the fact that the current thread for the Hasbro Metagame is a joke, I think that if it were done correctly it could benefit this forum and it's members. By no means am I saying that we should glorify Hasbro in any way, I am simply saying that people might appreciate a place where they can discuss that area of the game. A place where a list of combos are provided to them that are very reliable and work well within the different Hasbro stadiums. If it were executed similarly to the top tier metal fight beyblade thread surely people would have more of an appreciation for it. In summary, yes, currently it is in need of an overhall, but not complete termination. Let's get the right people to work on a thread that would benefit people, rather than provide lots of useless information.
Yeah, but most people who care enough to do it aren't experienced enough to do it.
(Feb. 10, 2011  3:28 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Yeah, but most people who care enough to do it aren't experienced enough to do it.

thats the problem, anyone who is experienced enough to really help most likely has a TT stadium and dont care for hasbro stadiums

i most likely going to make a rule for how the combo gets in (like 4-6 tests on the combo by different people and in a LF/MXS stadium) to make sure that each combo is tested properly enough to get in

edit: i have decided, this thread is to be closed and while it is all the combos in it i will have tested by 4-6 members and see if they all get similar results, then i may make a new one, a new one with correct tests
One more thing you might want to do if a new one would get opened.
Underneath the combos, put their results in spoilers.
Just an idea.
^That would help people to choose what suits them, I agree with that idea.
(Feb. 10, 2011  4:46 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: One more thing you might want to do if a new one would get opened.
Underneath the combos, put their results in spoilers.
Just an idea.

that is a very good idea (though it will take some of my time), thanks i will do that

well if every one is OK with it i will ask for this to be closed

edit: also i have made some new rules to help with the tier list and hasbro testing, please look at it in the hasbro stadium combo testing thread
I think we have the wrong idea with this thread.
like one of these "top tier" beys might pwn but really there are probably 100 more combinations of a bey that could beat it. we should really let people decide for themselves, then share a good combination they have because really there will never be an official top tier bey.

Does anyone understand what im trying to get across?
(Feb. 10, 2011  8:37 PM)CyberEagle Wrote: I think we have the wrong idea with this thread.
like one of these "top tier" beys might pwn but really there are probably 100 more combinations of a bey that could beat it. we should really let people decide for themselves, then share a good combination they have because really there will never be an official top tier bey.

Does anyone understand what im trying to get across?

i dont think you know what a top tier combo means
if a stamina type combo does it purpose (to beat defence and other stamina combos), then it is top tier, even though it gets beaten by attack who cares, it is not ment to fight attack in the first place

anyways since there are no objections i will ask for this thread to be closed, a new one will not be made until all the top tier combos are retested
(Feb. 10, 2011  3:24 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2011  2:15 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I think the game should stay as is, and Hasbro merchandise should niether be hated for their stadiums, nor raised upon a pedestal because "Hasbro parts are better".

so you think the WBO should not support those like me who cant get a TT stadium, and therefore cant test and play properly at tournaments because they lake training in a TT...

I didn't have a stadium, and came first in the first tournament I played in.

This isn't any "training" for tournaments since your combos here are geared toward Hasbro stadiums.

Can you explain how this supports any tournament play at all?

You can practice as much as you want in your own stadiums etc, even on the floor if you wanted to.

Obtaining a stadium these days isn't exactly hard either.

I see this as an excuse for people who don't have TT to self justify lack of a TT stadium as being a Hasbro expert/whatnot.
(Feb. 11, 2011  12:33 AM)momiji manju Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2011  3:24 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:

so you think the WBO should not support those like me who cant get a TT stadium, and therefore cant test and play properly at tournaments because they lake training in a TT...

I didn't have a stadium, and came first in the first tournament I played in.

This isn't any "training" for tournaments since your combos here are geared toward Hasbro stadiums.

Can you explain how this supports any tournament play at all?

You can practice as much as you want in your own stadiums etc, even on the floor if you wanted to.

Obtaining a stadium these days isn't exactly hard either.

I see this as an excuse for people who don't have TT to self justify lack of a TT stadium as being a Hasbro expert/whatnot.

by training i mean doing a sliding shoot, if you do sliding shoot in a hasbro stadium it is different in a TT stadium, so you wont know if you are doing it right

you think my parents will let me spend $30+ on a (there words not mine) "piece of plastic"

who said i am a hasbro expert, this is a "excuse" for people to play at tournaments/competitively who dont have a TT stadium, nothing else

if you dont like the idea just dont post, because i dont have the time and i dont want to argue
I think the original intention of this was not for any training, or anything of the sort.
I think it was because they had no access to TT stadiums, and therefore had no idea what combos to use in their stadiums. Attack sucked, and rock was the wheel to use, so they wanted to enjoy with what they have.

They couldn't obtain it, not because of easiness, or money, but they can't not purchase stadiums or anything online. prob due to parents.
Most of the people that do these tests aren't all that old, as compared to people who purchase online.

I do see the excuse you are talking about with "excuse", but again, I Sontag think that was the original intention.
Over time, several people got more into it and others thought they knew the most, which caused them to think they are "in charge"

I think all original intentions were good, but several things made this fail.
They were trying too hard.
(Feb. 11, 2011  12:52 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I think the original intention of this was not for any training, or anything of the sort.
I think it was because they had no access to TT stadiums, and therefore had no idea what combos to use in their stadiums. Attack sucked, and rock was the wheel to use, so they wanted to enjoy with what they have.

They couldn't obtain it, not because of easiness, or money, but they can't not purchase stadiums or anything online. prob due to parents.
Most of the people that do these tests aren't all that old, as compared to people who purchase online.

I do see the excuse you are talking about with "excuse", but again, I Sontag think that was the original intention.
Over time, several people got more into it and others thought they knew the most, which caused them to think they are "in charge"

I think all original intentions were good, but several things made this fail.
They were trying too hard.

thank you this is what i mean

but i and not the smartest at the hasbro metagame (though i do know much about it), but i do no how to run it (at least better than megablader9 did), and now that i am "in charge" this wont be as much of a fail as it was, i have even made rules for the testing and the list so there will be more structure(?) and less fail in the list
I don't think there should be anyone "in charge".
Just a person that edits the OP.
(Feb. 11, 2011  1:01 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I don't think there should be anyone "in charge".
Just a person that edits the OP.

thats all that the person in charge does, just change the list and explain about the hasbro metagame
I mean, no one gets the status of "in charge"
Lord Wolfblade what you say is contradictory.

In any case, if this is "run", it need not be run any differently from the normal metagame.

Use the standard testing format, use already known top tier combos as a base and work from there.

Have a seperate thread for testing and catalogue the results within "attack" "stamina" "defence" and "balance".

if there's enough results that it's undisputable something is a "top tier" combo, then add it to the top tier list.

It's so easy I don't see how this came about.

This isn't really me arguing so much as voicing my opinion about how this was poorly done, and as pointed out by many before this was made, not needed.