Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide.

Actually, that's true. Given Aquario is only lighter than bull by .1g in the most extreme cases, stickers would make a huge difference. Why did I not think of this.

Callum, do you have another CW you can weigh, one which we know the weight of? It's just for comparison.

BTW, we're at risk of getting off topic here, but I figure we're all fine because it's determine the "absolute" best CW for defence (though with Keybecs, as it's not balanced when used with Earth, it mightn't be the best idea. Must think about this).
Does the attack rule also go with lightning? Because I use the 2nd mode, is that a good choice?
Both modes expose the same amount of metal AFAIK, but Upper is the better mode (heads over the 3-segmented parts/where the yellow stickers go). It's pretty common knowledge, tbh.
Well, reply to ongoing conversation about choosing best Defense wheel-
Well, I always wanted to know, are all these CWs, namely Bull, Aquario and Kerbecs, balanced?
I mean, do all of them have good weight distribution? I know about Bull...
If the weight distribution differs, which is better?

Will the best CW for Defense also be best CW for Stamina?
(Jun. 11, 2011  2:57 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, reply to ongoing conversation about choosing best Defense wheel-
Well, I always wanted to know, are all these CWs, namely Bull, Aquario and Kerbecs, balanced?

Yes , Aquario and Kerbecs are heavy and do have good weight distribution , as for the second question , Kerbecs weight distribution is better than Aquario and Bull's weight distribution and to include Kerbecs does better on three sided wheels like Hell while Aquario and Bull do better on Four Sided Wheel like Earth. Sometimes , if CW's are heavy doesn't mean they will be good nor best for stamina although it differs for Bull , Aquario , Kerbecs , Leone etc. , they have great weight distribution and good weight. Correct me if I am wrong.
(Jun. 11, 2011  3:03 PM)Zed Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2011  2:57 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, reply to ongoing conversation about choosing best Defense wheel-

Yes , Aquario and Kerbecs are heavy and do have good weight distribution , as for the second question , Kerbecs weight distribution is better than Aquario and Bull's weight distribution and to include Kerbecs does better on three sided wheels like Hell while Aquario and Bull do better on Four Sided Wheel like Earth. Sometimes , if CW's are heavy doesn't mean they will be good nor best for stamina although it differs for Bull , Aquario , Kerbecs , Leone etc. , they have great weight distribution and good weight. Correct me if I am wrong.
Well, thanks dude! Also, I think you are correct, as I recall that I read somewhere Kerbecs works awesome on 3 sided wheels...
(Jun. 11, 2011  3:05 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2011  3:03 PM)Zed Wrote:

Well, thanks dude! Also, I think you are correct, as I recall that I read somewhere Kerbecs works awesome on 3 sided wheels...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hell-Ker...ough-Draft
I honestly don't really know about the weight distributions. Again, it's only a very slight effect, as can be read in Yamislayers thread (Linked to in my guide). It's far more important that the CW is balanced with respect to the Metal Wheel.

But no, Defense CW's are based solely on having the most weight (though, as CS defenders also aim to outspin stuff, choosing a good stamina CW is generally a good idea), stamina CW choice is based on the distribution of weight, and I guess aerodynamics would play a small part, though again, it's a very minor thing.

Kerbecs Might not have a great weight distribution, TBH it's hard to measure. But the point is, it matches 3-sided wheels, and it matches Hell perfectly, so it works nicely in the top tier stamina combo Hell Kerbecs BD145WD.
(Jun. 11, 2011  3:15 PM)th!nk Wrote: I honestly don't really know about the weight distributions. Again, it's only a very slight effect, as can be read in Yamislayers thread (Linked to in my guide). It's far more important that the CW is balanced with respect to the Metal Wheel.

But no, Defense CW's are based solely on having the most weight (though, as CS defenders also aim to outspin stuff, choosing a good stamina CW is generally a good idea), stamina CW choice is based on the distribution of weight, and I guess aerodynamics would play a small part, though again, it's a very minor thing.

Kerbecs Might not have a great weight distribution, TBH it's hard to measure. But the point is, it matches 3-sided wheels, and it matches Hell perfectly, so it works nicely in the top tier stamina combo Hell Kerbecs BD145WD.

Do you mean Kerbecs isn't good as Aquario or Bull ... ? Obviously , it does have a great weight distribution although I agree with the point that weight distribution don't matter a lot , balancing on metal wheels are actually more necessary , due to the Metal Wheel not wobbling much and scraping the stadium floor ...
(Jun. 11, 2011  3:15 PM)th!nk Wrote: I honestly don't really know about the weight distributions. Again, it's only a very slight effect, as can be read in Yamislayers thread (Linked to in my guide). It's far more important that the CW is balanced with respect to the Metal Wheel.

Well, thanks to explain everything in detail. So, this means that Kerbecs isn't THAT evenly balanced? Yeah, aerodynamics and stuff is too advanced, and we may love to discuss it when Beyblade becomes an Olympic event, where even a millisecond counts... Tongue_out_wink
Yeah, it's well balanced, but as for it's weight distribution, given the fact it's heavy and not aerodynamic, it honestly shouldn't be a great stamina CW.

Zed: Where are you getting this "Great weight distribution" from?
(Jun. 11, 2011  3:50 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, it's well balanced, but as for it's weight distribution, given the fact it's heavy and not aerodynamic, it honestly shouldn't be a great stamina CW.

Zed: Where are you getting this "Great weight distribution" from?

Sorry for the bad English Tongue_out. I mean its kinda good but if you say that its not aerodynamic then I might be wrong.
I weighed my Bull, Aquario and Kerbecs.

Aquario: 3.54 grams

Bull: 3.53 grams [ I don't know why I got this weight, is there only a milligram difference between Bull and Aquario ?]

Kerbecs: 3.48 grams.

Arupaeo's point on manufacturer differences is totally valid, and I agree with it. I still don't know how you're Kerbecs' are heavier than Bull and Aquario.
Yeah, it's about a milligram between bull and aquario.
What brand is the kerbecs? I know both of mine have a hole in the underside at one point on it's circumference, perhaps we should all check in case someone has one where it isn't there?
(Jun. 12, 2011  8:50 AM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, it's about a milligram between bull and aquario.
What brand is the kerbecs? I know both of mine have a hole in the underside at one point on it's circumference, perhaps we should all check in case someone has one where it isn't there?

TAKARA-TOMY.

I have a hole on my Kerbecs there too.
hmm its there a effect if the clear wheel is symmetrical?
Good weight distribution. Unless material differs.
(Jun. 13, 2011  12:20 PM)rock L-drago Wrote: Good weight distribution. Unless material differs.

like... Aquila?
(Jun. 14, 2011  12:47 PM)zode76 Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2011  12:20 PM)rock L-drago Wrote: Good weight distribution. Unless material differs.

like... Aquila?

Aquila is indeed symetrical, however, it doesn't provide good weight distribution. It shouldn't be used over Bull, Aquario, or Kerbecs.
Just stick to a clear wheel that has the same number of equal sections as your wheel... Earth and burn have two, for example, so you'd want to use something like bull, aquario, or virgo (convention says bull, read yamislayers thingy though). Hell and Rock have 3 equal sections, so Kerbecs, leone or leone II are ideal.

Some have said aquario's evenness makes it suitable for anything. They may well be right, it's probably not a huge difference between that and a "correct sided" cw.

That said, this is all in the extended guide, so really I shouldn't need to repeat it here.....
Guide/OP now includes a note on the fact Hasbro CW's aren't heavier. We should try to erase this misconception from the community conscience as best we can. Thanks Arupaeo for pointing it out to me, and everyone.
This is a must read for newbies like me! th!nk this is a great threadCute but i always thought bull was the heaviest but its only a 1 gram difference.
It was the heaviest until kerbecs came out. Not sure of kerbecs' weight yet, but it's at least as heavy as bull. Given bull balances well with earth (the traditional defensive wheel), it's still a great choice. Must go through and find where I said it wasn't.

But yeah, still great, some people seem to have some real heavy kerbecs though :p And in most cases, the difference is far less than a gram, aquario, for example, is usually 0.01g lighter, about the weight of a grain of sand, hah :p

I'm glad you liked it so much, I like helping people (despite the fact I'm a grumpy S.O.B.) So yeah, thanks Smile
Ok, I'm testing Hasbros Galaxy right now, and I'm trying to evenly distribute the weight, but I don't want somethign that gets in the way, would Aquario/Bull still be the good way to go? Or would something like Gemios/Scorpio be good?
If you want it even, use Unicorno.
If you want it uneven (a decent idea), use a 2-sided wheel like Escolpio, with an awkward shape, that doesn't block the impact points. Maybe Pisces? I'm not really sure as I rarely touch my Galaxy wheels. Escolpio is probably fine, though.
Well all clearwheels are symetricall, We all no bi-symetrical like: Aquila,virgo Horseus, for example but there also tri- symetrical types like: Kerbecks, Ldrago. It is not that there unbalanced but more that they are differntly balanced. But also mono-symetrical types that are round shaped: such as Horogium, libra and bull. Those are the one that fill Any clearwheel. Resulting it to be used in a wider range of wheels.