Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide.

Well, I know you are busy with your guitar and stuff(Read your away reason), so, do it whenever you get time! Stupid
Also, Gravity can be used with Perseus only, right? So, that's not important at all! Coz everyone knows, that Gravity, HAS to be used with Perseus. Or..... can Gravity be used with other CWs???
Heh, it's not just guitar, I've got a lot of stuff going on (that message is old).

There are the different Perseus CW's, if you remember. Perseus Attack is generally the best, I find (and for attack, testing shows). Perseus Stamina is kinda lame, it doesn't fix Gravity's recoil, and it cuts the smash down. Solame.

Also, there are the modes, counter mode exposing more metal, and generally being the best Smile
WHAT?! How could I forget that! Um, sorry for the misunderstanding... Btw, I think this thread must be put up in important threads, so that people just stop asking questions about CWs. Also, only if we could try to make a list of CWs and categorize them into their best Stats. I know, its HUGE work, but that will completely wipe out questions about CWs from Build Me A Combo. Example,

Bull- Top tier for Stamina and Defense
Aquario- Top tier for Defense
_____- Mediocre for ____
_____- Useless......
The thing is though, most of them are just Eh for everything. Only a few CW's really stand out. It'd be an exercise in tedium.

The only other time I think they'd really matter is on low track combo's that expose the CW, like Rock. That's hard to test, there's the choice of Spiky CW's like Escolpio (my favourite) and Unicorno, or Slopes/Destabilisation of Cancer, Bull etc. Conventional logic has been bumps, though, so I guess that's probably the way to go.

Anyway, I'll get onto editing later or at least within the next couple of days.
Well, that's alright. Oh yeah, just coz you reminded me... If Escolpio is the smallest CW, I think even this CW might expose a hell lot of the Fusion Wheel, especially because of its size.

Post has been edited to avoid further confusion... I messed up the whole thing by typing Hell instead of just hell.
But no one that I know of uses Hell for Attack anymore, since the introduction of better parts. It's mostly used for Defense and Stamina customs, which Kerbecs works the best for.

Edit - Oh, sorry. I didn't get the meaning of your post.
I am sorry, I didn't get your point, Mr.N. Was this answer directed to me? If yes, I never mentioned Hell, the metal wheel. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I meant- I think Escolpio might expose a hell lot of the Fusion wheel.
The meaning of Hell here, is similar to its meaning in this sentence-
There is a hell lot of argument on this thread.
EDIT: Derp, misread.
And yeah, it does, but those parts don't normally make much contact anyway. It exposes no more than Gemios, really (though they are 90 degrees different in the parts they cover).
Ah, sorry about that.

What would you expose with Escolpio though? Vulcan and Beat wouldn't really work well with it. I recall someone mentioning Mercury, but Mercury might be too light to do much.
Yeah, that's kinda the issue, there really aren't any wheels it's any good for (that said, same for Gemios, it is a terrible choice for Vulcan, it juts in front of vulcan's heads). That said, it's bumpiness and sloped design means I like it a LOT on rock, and if you read the extended part about oddly-shaped CW's for attack in the OP (credit to ControL_), it's pretty much the definition of that, it's two heads are differently shaped and everything, so yeah.

EDIT: Updated OP, with an appendix that lists the suitable CW's for Vulcan and Screw. Enjoy. I'll look at doing the non-aerodynamic CW's list eventually, though I want to chat to ControL_ first Tongue_out
What's a great balancing CW? Like not too awkwardly shaped and is equal on both sides.
Unicorno seems to come out of ray a bit, but I am not sure if it is actually getting in the way of a contact point of ray.
BeybladeStation: Aquario. It's practically equal the whole way around. Bull is obviously pretty good too Tongue_out

rock L-drago: There aren't really any contact points where the CW sits on ray, most of it's contact occurs on the side, so I'd think it'd be fine. The CW can be used for destabilising/hitting too in that case, and unicorno is good for that.
I'd like to say that this is such a well made thread! I usually go by the 'knobby, well distributed Clear Wheels' rule, but this is definitely more sensical and gets deep into specifics rather than generalizing all Clear Wheels. Sticky, anyone? We need a lot of threads stickied here, even from other forums as you rightly pointed out in the state of the customization forum thread.
Yeah that means I can use my favorite species!
(May. 29, 2011  4:16 PM)Dan Wrote: I'd like to say that this is such a well made thread! I usually go by the 'knobby, well distributed Clear Wheels' rule, but this is definitely more sensical and gets deep into specifics rather than generalizing all Clear Wheels. Sticky, anyone? We need a lot of threads stickied here, even from other forums as you rightly pointed out in the state of the customization forum thread.

:3 Thanks Dan! You can thank ControL_ for a lot of the Attack stuff, he explained the odd distribution/non-aerodynamic thing to me (dude knows his stuff, really, really well).

And to think I wrote this whole thing because I was annoyed at people asking others "what's a good combo for the ___ energy ring" and the like. Hah. If necessity is the mother of invention, frustration is the father.
(May. 29, 2011  4:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: :3 Thanks Dan! You can thank ControL_ for a lot of the Attack stuff, he explained the odd distribution/non-aerodynamic thing to me (dude knows his stuff, really, really well).

And to think I wrote this whole thing because I was annoyed at people asking others "what's a good combo for the ___ energy ring" and the like. Hah. If necessity is the mother of invention, frustration is the father.
IIRC, ControlL_'s profile says he is 12 years old. :V What on earth?

Response to bolded:
[Image: 2dsqzk0.gif]
Whoa !! Amazing guide this definitely needs 5 stars. Really helpful. Thanks, th!nk.
(May. 29, 2011  4:38 PM)Dan Wrote: IIRC, ControlL_'s profile says he is 12 years old. :V What on earth?

Response to bolded:
[removed]
AHAHAHA, My reaction could be anything obtained by pausing this video at any point.

13 now. I find it hard to believe, though, dude knows too much. Uncertain

(May. 29, 2011  4:38 PM)Electric Wrote: Whoa !! Amazing guide this definitely needs 5 stars. Really helpful. Thanks, th!nk.

Hey, thanks man Smile
Well, the updated OP is greater than ever! Um, reply to the previous conversation we had about Escolpio,
I actually know that Escopio is not a 'good' CW as its quite unbalanced and all. The only reason I thought why it could expose a lot of the MW, was because of its extremely small size. I know, I was wrong... Just that it would be awesome if I got it correct by fluke. Tongue_out

@th!nk- Hehe! I got a warning(from youtube of course!) the moment I opened that video of yours! You see, its too tiring to log in, verify my age as 18, etc.

Dan- Aw man! The only reason why I used to love your signature- Meme of the Week.
Yamislayer can say what he wants but I really don't think it's true. If you're using two of the same blade with different clear wheel and one wins over the other consistently then the clear wheel is obviously the reason....
Did you read his thread fully? If so, then we should be careful to use the right colour DF145, too Tongue_out It's quite hard to be sure it's accurate, look at the margin between those DF145's.

It's tiny, and more importantly, as I said, in a tourney situation, each individuals launch power is going to be far more important (which should make sense). Remember, when testing, each beyblade is launched with roughly equal launch power. In a tourney, you can have a 20 year old vs an 8 year old, the 20 year old is probably going to have a stronger launch, and therefore longer spin time, even if he's using Gil and the kid is using Bull or whatever.

Janstarblast, hah, thanks Smile And escolpio's imbalance, non-aerodynamic design, and weight distribution mean it should be a good attack cw, yeah.
And the vid isn't really that offensive, lol, but if youtube says so Tongue_out
Well, I kinda didn't get your point. Um, I did, but to whom did you reply? Yes, clear wheels do have a minute role to play, which can really affect the game. But, their role is really minute, and doesn't really count to be a game changer part. Still, you are of course not wrong on your part.

EDIT: Um, Beaten by th!nk?! I am a fast typer, but it took me time to understand his post.....
Wow, This is a must-read thread!

Nice effort Th!nk...Your my most fave WBO user ever! hehe

If am gonna use a clear wheel for attack...I need a CW that doesn't block the wheel's slopes? or somethin' other way around?
Naww, thanks :3 (But there are better people. And I'm a grumpy son of a ....)
If you're USING the CW to attack (like in a destabiliser), you want a rough, bumpy CW. If you're choosing a CW for a bey that is attacking with it's Metal Wheel (generally the better option), you want to keep the plastic out of the way of the slopes/impact points of the MW.
You can have both if the plastic doesn't block the Metal Wheel's access. (Ray, Rock, Counter, etc)
I hope that helps, I'm a little out of it Smile

jan: CAFFFEEEEEIIIINEEE and boredom.