Chaos Discussion.

As I posted in the BG-01 Random Layer Collection Vol. 1 topic, Chaos' teeth are way shorter than the circular wall on each side of the teeth, so it can be unscrewed super easily by hand like it just glides across the teeth. However, in practice Chaos' performance was not as bad as expected.

Chaos Spread Survive versus Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Chaos : 9 (Burst, 7 Outspin, 1 KO)
Valkyrie : 11 (Bursts, 3 late Bursts, 1 KO, 1 Outspin)

Chaos Armed Claw versus Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Chaos : 11 (Outspin, 1 Burst)
Valkyrie : 9 (Bursts, 1 Outspin)

There were several times when Valkyrie would litteraly make one last hit before stopping spinning, but that one weak hit made Chaos explode almost in slow motion. On the contrary though, sometimes Valkyrie would deliver strong hits but Chaos would not have unscrewed at all.

Armed and Claw helped, but not spectacularly either. At the same time, this is Stamina versus Attack, so of course not much should phase the latter Stamina-wise.

As I mentioned, I do not have Ring yet nor Odin, but I might try using the Defense Driver next. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
Hey, thanks for these V! Smile

Would you be able to do testings with Chaos Heavy Defense against Chaos Heavy Defense? In gankoba's testing video, I recall the matches being quite close, so it was kind of hard to say which was better for stamina. Would be awesome to see full results.
Wait, I do have two Chaos, but did you really mean a mirror match ?

And thank you.
Woops, typo! XD

I had meant Chaos Heavy Defense vs. Odin Heavy Defense, hahahahaha.
Oh, no Odin yet, unfortunately.
Kai-V try doing an attack combo with Chaos
(Dec. 22, 2015  6:02 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Kai-V try doing an attack combo with Chaos

Not that it isn't worth trying, but considering its incredibly shallow teeth I can't imagine wanting to land direct hits with it ... avoidance seems like a better strategy.
Would chaos make a good active defense? like Chaos oval blow or Chaos spread accel?
(Dec. 22, 2015  2:16 PM)WyvernOvalAccel Wrote: Would chaos make a good active defense? like Chaos oval blow or Chaos spread accel?

I don't own a Chaos, but from what it seems, it is bursted quite easily which wouldn't make it ideal for defense. Wyvern Heavy Accel still seems to stay the best option for active defense in Burst. A lot of defensive success it has is in it's slopes, which Chaos doesn't have.
I just got my chaos today and the best combos i have found with it are chaos aero fusion and chaos spread survive
chaos aero fusion is weird to my yet it wins against my valkyrie.
(Dec. 23, 2015  2:54 PM)WyvernOvalAccel Wrote: I just got my chaos today and the best combos i have found with it are chaos aero fusion and chaos spread survive

Could you do some tests? CSS seems mediocre, and CαF seems... idk... weird?
(Dec. 23, 2015  3:37 PM)Myth Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2015  2:54 PM)WyvernOvalAccel Wrote: I just got my chaos today and the best combos i have found with it are chaos aero fusion and chaos spread survive

Could you do some tests? CSS seems mediocre, and CAF seems... idk... weird?

It's CαF not CAF
CAF is Chaos Armed Fusion
(Dec. 24, 2015  2:19 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2015  3:37 PM)Myth Wrote:

Could you do some tests? CSS seems mediocre, and CAF seems... idk... weird?

It's CαF not CAF
CAF is Chaos Armed Fusion

Sorry I was too lazy to find out how to type that symbol haha.
You can also use a lowercase A as shorthand, eg CaF.

I just got 2x Chaos so I'll do my own tests soon. Smile
(Dec. 22, 2015  3:24 PM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2015  2:16 PM)WyvernOvalAccel Wrote: Would chaos make a good active defense? like Chaos oval blow or Chaos spread accel?

i don't think Chaos have any defence at all [test prove is quite easy to burst], but idk but it look ok as tornado staller as it have very good stamina it can doge attack types and out spin defence type [don't even think about OHD] but even if it have good stamina to stall. it's still keep 1 Armed and Claw with you to use agains stamina and balance types

I don't own a Chaos, but from what it seems, it is bursted quite easily which wouldn't make it ideal for defense. Wyvern Heavy Accel still seems to stay the best option for active defense in Burst. A lot of defensive success it has is in it's slopes, which Chaos doesn't have.

no offence, but chaos have slopes. not anywhere good as wyvarn [in terms of destablizing]

also Bey Brad, can you test Odin Ring/Heavy Blow vs Chaos Armed Claw/Defence?
Ok well there are two things that i have solved from this, either a my beyblades are defective or b my launcher sucks because my best beyblade is chaos heavy accel as an active defense.
As FIREFIRE requested, I did OHB vs CAC and OHB vs CAD tests.
This is my first test, hopefully I didn't mess anything up.

Equipment
Procedure

Odin Heavy Blow versus Chaos Armed Claw

OHB: Wins 13/20 (11 BF, 2 SF)
CAC: Wins 7/20 (6 SF, 1 BF)

CAC Win Rate: 35%

Odin Heavy Blow versus Chaos Armed Defense

OHB: Wins 9/20 (8 BF, 1 SF)
CAD: Wins 11/20 (10 SF, 1 OF)

CAD Win Rate: 55%

Full Round by Round results + clicks here.

I noticed that sometimes Odin would barrage Chaos with a lot of hits, and Chaos would barely get affected by it, while sometimes when Odin only performed one huge hit, Chaos would instantly burst.

Really amazed at how much better CAD did compared to CAC. Most of CAD's out-spins were only by around a second.

EDIT 1: Don't have Ring yet.
EDIT 2: Added OHB vs CAD
Was hanging with Bey Brad and a couple of other Toronto Bladers today and we definitely noticed that Chaos is easy to be bursted. It seems like CHD can out-spin OHD in a mirror match, but that is if it's not bursted by it, which happened in quite a few cases.

@[Bey Brad] also seemed to play around with Chaos Ring Assault today. How did that fare for you?
(Dec. 28, 2015  4:28 AM)Mitsu Wrote: @[Bey Brad] also seemed to play around with Chaos Ring Assault today. How did that fare for you?

Unless the opponent is completely in the center of the stadium, you're doomed. It's so dangerous to have that thing moving at any speed. I feel pretty scared about using Chaos in general.
Yeah, I have had similar results. It seems to have just a bit more stamina, but it is not worth the risk of playing a bey that is so easy to burst. I didn't think they could make teeth smaller than Odin's, but they did. Haha
(Dec. 28, 2015  7:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2015  4:28 AM)Mitsu Wrote: @[Bey Brad] also seemed to play around with Chaos Ring Assault today. How did that fare for you?

Unless the opponent is completely in the center of the stadium, you're doomed. It's so dangerous to have that thing moving at any speed. I feel pretty scared about using Chaos in general.

yeah i agree that it's really risky to use Chaos on aggressive setup, but as Myth's test shows it it is used with correct parts [in this case Armed and Defence] it make it able to perform slightly better compared to OHD. @[Bey Brad] can you test ORB vs CRA [assualt] i want to see how much it burst compared to an non agressive setup [as rings test prove test prove it's really good for attack type, and it's little bit more reliable compared to Heavy in preventing it from bursting] and of course how it perform
So, I didn't see anyone actually do an official test of this, so I decided to do it.

Equipment
Procedure

Odin Heavy Defense versus Chaos Heavy Defense

OHD: 10 Wins: (6 BF, 4 SF)
CHD: 10 Wins: (SF)

CHD Win Rate: 50%

Full round by round results with clicks here.

Wow, I really expected Chaos to win much more. Can anyone test the same thing with a brand new Chaos?
Squares with what I've seen as well. It's just way too frail. Unhappy
So is this a decent substitute for OHB in terms of Stamina?
It is sort of a risky choice no matter what, but I should receive my Odin soon and according to Myth's test results, Chaos Armed Defense did seem on par with Odin Heavy Blow.