Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra]

Poll: What changes do you think should be made?

Do not change the rules.
54.37%
Restrict the use of the Libra Wheel + Metal Face and any 145 Track except DF145 and 145 in combos.
26.21%
Ban the Libra Wheel entirely.
19.42%
Total: 100% 103 vote(s)
(Dec. 22, 2009  3:56 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Wait.. that kind of makes sense..
But I think that if everyones using stamina and attack types next, are you going to ban attack?
i

Tired

There won't be a need to ban anything after Libra at the current moment. With Libra gone, the game will be vastly more diversified, so you'll be able to find a working combo.
(Dec. 22, 2009  3:56 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Wait.. that kind of makes sense..
But I think that if everyones using stamina and attack types next, are you going to ban attack?
i

People will still use Defense-types, but they will not be as overpowered. It will open the door for more people to use Attack, Stamina, and Stamina-Defense types.
There are two ways of beating libra, through out spinning it, or clean knocking it out.
At cold combat there were F, and even HF based combinations that were knocking out MFLibraC145WB's consistently.
Libra is currently the only shield against RF's, and as most of us know it isn't a guarantee in any way.
It's senseless to ban a part that can be beaten in multiple ways.
(Dec. 22, 2009  7:00 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: There are two ways of beating libra, through out spinning it, or clean knocking it out.
At cold combat there were F, and even HF based combinations that were knocking out MFLibraC145WB's consistently.

Yes ... there are two ways to beat Libra, the same two ways there are to beat every other Beyblade ... what kind of point is that? It's the measure of difficulty in beating it that's important.

Furthermore, your F and HF anecdote does not hold much weight when we don't know the conditions. In controlled battling between two players, that sort of miracle does not happen consistently.

Yet another comment that fails to take into account and address everything already said in this topic.
I voted for the second option but now I change my mind. Banning it would make everything better, people wouldnt have to use certain beys just to beat one other bey. I mean some people only have one mfb, if Libra is still there, they will always lose to it, I cant hold much of a strong arguement since I do not own any mfb, but yeah.
But you say it's turned into a rock paper scissors game but then if you look at this http://www.youtube.com/user/beybladechan...w9F9t2_ugY your the one who made it rock paper scissors cause the video is showing an attack versus a stamina a stamina versus a defense etc, so who ever did that video is the one who made it into a rock paper scissors game.
I still haven't seen a combe to beat libra's wheel 3-0
I say BAN
Someone who sees it from my perspective...
that video basically points out which combination you should use against each type of beyblade, and yes, if theres an endless stream of staminas beating libras, then you'd just need some attack types?

and as to the rules of wbo, if both players are stalling, they have to turn around and not look at each others beys..

and even if you do ban libra, defence types will not be as effective, leading to attack being the superior type..
banning it now would just lead to complete chaos, or just a ban after a ban
(Dec. 22, 2009  7:55 PM)Hybrid Wrote: I still haven't seen a combe to beat libra's wheel 3-0
I say BAN

come back to me saying that a storm pegasis 100rf or quetz 90rf could not beat/ko mf libra c145wb at least once
(Dec. 22, 2009  7:50 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: But you say it's turned into a rock paper scissors game but then if you look at this http://www.youtube.com/user/beybladechan...w9F9t2_ugY your the one who made it rock paper scissors cause the video is showing an attack versus a stamina a stamina versus a defense etc, so who ever did that video is the one who made it into a rock paper scissors game.

lol i made it into a rock paper scissors game because i made a video about how the game works?
No that video showed stamina will consistantly beat defense etc which is what rock paper scissors is paper beats rock rokc beats scissors etc.
It's my opinion. And by the way thanks for the combos
Damn Libra, the amount of times it has beaten me (though I haven't played MFB that much) and it is really annoying. I don't think it should be fully banned, no beyblade should really but I think it should be restrict a bit, to make things fair and more interesting.
(Dec. 22, 2009  8:02 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: No that video showed stamina will consistantly beat defense etc which is what rock paper scissors is paper beats rock rokc beats scissors etc.

Yes, but there used to be flexibility within the type archetypes. The existence of Libra negates it.
(Dec. 22, 2009  7:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes ... there are two ways to beat Libra, the same two ways there are to beat every other Beyblade ... what kind of point is that? It's the measure of difficulty in beating it that's important.

Furthermore, your F and HF anecdote does not hold much weight when we don't know the conditions. In controlled battling between two players, that sort of miracle does not happen consistently.

Yet another comment that fails to take into account and address everything already said in this topic.

There are multiple combos that can easily out spin it, and the knock out rate members have had against it using LightningCH120RF, Quetz 90RF, and even Storm Pegasis90/100RF are high enough to have a more than decent chance against it as well.

All that will happen if Libra is banned this will be a dominance in attack combos, and then we'll be the same situation.
"RF is too over powered, it can knock everything out since there isn't anything that's heavy enough to take a full hit from it."

Libra is the only useful defensive wheel we've got, defense without it is a pointless type choice as far as MFB is concerned.
RF isn't overpowered because it knocks itself out half the time.
Brad if your the one who made the combo MF Libra C145WB, and so if it is that combo that has made it like rock, paper, scissors well then surley it's your fault due to you being the one who made that combo.
(Dec. 22, 2009  8:08 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: There are multiple combos that can easily out spin it, and the knock out rate members have had against it using LightningCH120RF, Quetz 90RF, and even Storm Pegasis90/100RF are high enough to have a more than decent chance against it as well.

All that will happen if Libra is banned this will be a dominance in attack combos, and then we'll be the same situation.
"RF is too over powered, it can knock everything out since there isn't anything that's heavy enough to take a full hit from it."

Libra is the only useful defensive wheel we've got, defense without it is a pointless type choice as far as MFB is concerned.

RF is hard to control and because of the attack stadiums design it knocks itself out constently which balnces things out because RF wont have an advantage.
(Dec. 22, 2009  8:12 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Brad if your the one who made the combo MF Libra C145WB, and so if it is that combo that has made it like rock, paper, scissors well then surley it's your fault due to you being the one who made that combo.

Yes, definitely nobody would've ever thought to put those parts together if I hadn't first.

This is ridiculous, seriously. Yes, I discovered a combo that wins games. Yes, it is breakingly strong, which is why I am advocating banning it.
RF is at it's potential when it's worn it barely goes out of the arena, when it's mint it goes mental which is why it goes out of the arena.
Yes, but in the end, Storm Pegasis and Quetz will be tearing through all the other defensive wheels like rock leone, leone, earth aquilla etc. You will end up banning those two because of the constant amount of wins.

Defence types are solely made to beat attack types; you can't do much about that.

I seriously feel like the chain will go on and on if you make a ban now, if that's the only thing that can come close to Storm Pegasis or Quetz - simply because TT haven't released a defence wheel that's abit lighter and more fair (which imo is pretty stupid because they ban a part and don't release a new part that's within the weight limit, but decent in the process).

To conclude, DONT BAN LIBRA
storm and qutez wont be tearing through because not many people can control RF and the stadium design makes RF self KO.
it just seems like nobody wants to have to think of a new deffence combo without libra Tired
thats because no combo will ever come near to libra thats why!
and if you cant slide shoot then dont use rf...

right now, storm and quetz have pretty much destroyed every other tested wheel
That is very true Blades.
RF combos won't become the be all end all to Beyblades if we ban Libra. Reason being is that people actually have to learn how to use an RF so it will give the user a chance of winning. And even then it could self-KO itself. It's more than just pulling the ripcord/string to be able to use them. And I'm sure some people haven't put in the time to learn how to use RF since they know they have their Libra combo fall back on. With Libra, all you need to do is sit there and watch it win. Libra has overcentralized the game and if something isn't done it could ruin the fun in the game.
I voted to Ban Libra Entirely because it really makes the game more competitive and balances things then just a boring game of "oh who ever has this beyblade is going to win" IT's not so enjoyable. I also chose this because it is a much easier choice then having to do the whole limiting parts with Libra. Thats too much when you can just bam the Libra Wheel entirely and make beybattles more competitive then before.

btw hey I like rock,paper,scissors Tongue_out