Celebrations: WBO Anniversary!

I was so close to get a pic with 4 people beyblading, but then a friend got sick! That could've gotten me a physical prize! (I think)
(Jan. 05, 2013  5:54 AM)Outnumbered Wrote: Is that working now?

This one is working https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mU...directlink

EDIT: Ninja-ed by Uwik, sorry.
So excited to see the results! Leone_Astonished
I agree. That was a lot of fun! The only thing that would make it more fun would be more prizes!(and one for me) great idea Kai-v and/or whoever came up with this!
the time is up?
well,i was planning to make upload the video through e-mail.
i was looking too scary in the video.
I guess it'll take a while,(or a day)for the results to be posted
EDIT-I'll be really disappointed if i lost this time around
Can't wait to see the last leaderboard! I'm estimating I will get a Zero-G booster of my choice or a Bandid Genbull F230TB or nothing. Tongue_out
(Jan. 05, 2013  6:05 AM)Uwik Wrote: I'm glad that it seems like everybody enjoyed the Hunt one way or another. I'm certain everyone who participated had some frustrating moments trying to complete a certain task.

So, do share, which was the easiest/hardest goal? How many hours did you spend scavenging the forums for answers? What did you guys get out of this whole experience?

It'll be cool if this was an annual thing, similar to BeyDay. Anyway, share your experiences, suggestions, complains, whatever.

Thank you to everyone who celebrated the WBO's 4th Anniversary. You guys are what this website is all about. What a kick-carp bey community!

Easiest: Of course, sharing a beychannel video & beywiki article.
Hardest: Earn 4 new valid referrals. At first, I thought 'valid' was only need to be an activated account. Then Kai-V told me that they need to have a few posts to be considered valid [Image: Y0UJC.png] This goal really forced me to bother people on facebook XD
Anyway, this scavenger hunt cost me like 10 days of my holiday, which is a good thing because I have no planning for vacation or stuff Pinching_eyes
It really gave me a lot of knowledge about the WBO by answering & completing the goals, very awesome. The Cerberus Face Contest & no entry fee opportunity are a very cool idea too. Great job Comittee! What an amazing 4th Anniversary celebration! I Luv' this community =)
In my case, the questions were the best thing about the hunt.
The easiest one of course was to find the real names of Sagittario and Leone.
The ones that took the longest to find were to find the precursor, the 12 members without the Face of Soul and the 10 members with the T-shirt.
For the precursor, I almost gave up after some 7-8 attempts until I found the answer while randomly searching the beywiki.
For the 12 members, I was frustrated after I could only manage to find 8 of them. Then, I thought of checking out the closed threads. But still, I found only 3 more. I guessed the last one(based on the 3rd Brad Day Testimonial and one Beychannel video) and thankfully got that right.
And for the members with T-shirts, believe it or not, I got the answer using Google search XD
However, I couldn't find the "Bring on the power!" on Beychannel. :\

As I mentioned earlier, I got to know a lot about the development of the beyblade community over the years while hunting for the answers.
If there is a next time, I hope they include tasks that are useful for the WBO. Like, testing out untested beys, or so on.

Congrats once again, WBO!
The scavenger hunt was really a success to get the members to be active..i must say,it is a great idea and well done to the Committee, participants & WBO..

Hope to hear the winners of the hunt and the face contest soon.. Eee

even though i participate a little in the hunt (since my goal is just the anniversary face..hahah)...but,the easiest could be the face contest..but it did takes some time to design it..XD
(Jan. 05, 2013  8:07 AM)N0body Wrote: And for the members with T-shirts, believe it or not, I got the answer using Google search XD
However, I couldn't find the "Bring on the power!" on Beychannel. :\
what ? i tried searching many pages of google search, typing WBO T shirt and all that but i did not find it..... i will learn the technique from you of finding it...
and that bring on the power was simple...

hmm,Kai-V did a fantastic job in keeping people awake for the face hunt.
got 5 new referrals bugging college friends to join,and as Real Madrid said,not valid cause they did not post.
Sad the WBO wanted us to force our friends to like the WBO page(but it went on to show me if friends really trust and listen to me).easiest-sharing,face contest.
hardest-video,picture,10 people with WBO T-shirts.i got all other questions right.
by the way,i'm the 1st one to answer the 1st WBO tournament question
(Jan. 05, 2013  10:13 AM)zeneo Wrote: Sad the WBO wanted us to force our friends to like the WBO page(but it went on to show me if friends really trust and listen to me)
The OP did not say:
Force your friends to like the WBO page.
It said:
Get four of your referrals to Like the official WBO Facebook Page.

So, obviously it was you who 'forced' them, without the WBO asking for it. In my case, I just asked them to 'like' the page after my tournament in order to stay updated(because they are interested in Beyblade, but not forums).
Congratulations to everyone, it's been very funny.
Can't wait to see te final leaderboard, quite sure to have won a Samurai Pegasis though!
It makes me very happy Smile
well,NObody,it's good to see that your friends like beyblade Uncertain
but my friends were like,"not a kid.","this will show on my wall"
me forcing my friend to like the page and he replies,"Oh Gawd Stahp It" funny was his typo,and the way he said it.
well,now i only hope that i get a Zero-G booster
(Jan. 05, 2013  10:13 AM)zeneo Wrote: hmm,Kai-V did a fantastic job in keeping people awake for the face hunt.
got 5 new referrals bugging college friends to join,and as Real Madrid said,not valid cause they did not post.
Sad the WBO wanted us to force our friends to like the WBO page(but it went on to show me if friends really trust and listen to me).easiest-sharing,face contest.
hardest-video,picture,10 people with WBO T-shirts.i got all other questions right.
by the way,i'm the 1st one to answer the 1st WBO tournament question

We wanted quality referrals and quality Likes.If you forced your friends who were completely uninterested in Beyblade to Like our Facebook Page, then you just went for the easy way of achieving the goal and not for the quality way.
Well this was fun, but now it's over. Congrats to all!
Fun initiative, I hope to see again something like this in the future!
Awww.....It's over.....I hope we do more of this. I learned so musch about beyblade since I joined this place last year..... Thanks everyone for making this a great website!
ah!
it's over!
the biggest dissapointment for me was whhen you spend hours trying to get a question right but still get no-where Unhappy
i put so much effort into this - it was very fun while it lested ! Smile
now i can only hope for the random booster bandid ... let's just hope that 13 points was enough, eh? :L
The hardest part was pretty much trying to do it.

I was really lacking in time since I am traveling... But the best and most fun part was in researching for the answers. Amazing secrets, and I niched a answer Grin

In addition, I really like the Face Hunts, not like I won any, but well, it was great fun!

I really wanted to post an entry in the Face Contest, but well... Time Uncertain

Great fun WBO!
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the Scavenger Hunt; no doubt about that...
Speaking of what I found the toughest, and what seemed the easiest, here's a summary-
First off, whatever I could not accomplish, would be difficult to achieve in my opinion-
WBO T-Shirt question
Four referrals to like WBO FB Page
Design a Beyblade

The t-shirt question was something I was REALLY looking forward to. However, I failed.... Unhappy
Four referrals to like the FB Page?! I don't even have a Facebook Account, leave alone four friends on that site.
Design a Beyblade is something I had no time for...

Actually difficult things-
1. Getting four referrals- While the members I got weren't particularly interested in beyblade, they did have some experience of the plastic series and hence knew the game. They did love playing with me at my place, though. It was the toughest to get them to post.
2. Making a Video- The compounded result of a low resolution camera, shyness, and everything that counts as bad is a really weird video. While I had enough matter to speak, I lacked the confidence to be able to speak. I was quite nervous and scared while making this video; as if Kai-V would have thrashed me if the video was bad, haha!
3. The precursor of WBO- I had never even thought about this. All I knew was that Off the Chain had to be correct no matter what. However, Kai-V's questions related to something else. Had I not written a BeyWiki Draft for the MagneStadium- something that gave me a reason to read almost all the BeyWiki articles- I would never get to the well-concealed article about the precursor! All thanks to the Project of the Moment campaign of BeyWiki! Joyful_3
4. Sharing articles/videos- I didn't have an FB/Twitter Account as mentioned earlier. I had to look for an appropriate site to be able to share. Luckily, I found a good one!

Easy things-
1. All questions asked were relatively simple to answer. I have been on this site for a little over two years now, which gives me enough reason to know-
-> The original names of Sagittario and Leone
-> The 12 CMs/GBs
-> The average RPM thingy
-> The first tournament
OK, I didn't actually know the answer to all these, but in these two years I had mastered to use the Search Function...
As for the "Bring on The Power" thingy, it was quite entertaining! Streaming through all BeyChannel videos was certainly an awesome experience! I simply LOVED the Beyblade Crusade Video! Joyful_3

The Scavenger Hunt is one of the best things I've seen on WBO since the day I joined! It was serious fun, and also taught us various things! The competition got dull towards the end with all the challenges solved and all the controversy plaguing it; but the latest Find the Face contest infused new life into the Hunt!
But well, its finally over...
I can't wait for the Results!

A shout-out to Kai-V, who worked WAY too hard to reply to all our PMs, most of which would certainly have been annoying. Thanks a lot!
Also, I request you to please reveal the answers to all the questions- if that is allowed now. Smile

Cheers!
Some of the questions were tough. I was 3 away from finding the committee and mods. I wonder if the answers will be shown. If they are a lot of us will be like "OOOOHHHH that was the answer"
I myself had a hard time figuring out some of them. The most challenging one was the WBO shirts: Of all my knowledge, I only know 2 of them. Ughh -.-

My plan was to get the anniversary face, and if I can, a face booster. So I got 3 points, then joined Contest. Kinda satisfied with what I have.

Also, it was fun looking for the face. It was annoying with a slow computer, but It's worth the fun (Even though I didn't get it -.-)

It was a good run, WBO. hope to see this one again!
Like a lot of other people, I had a great amount of fun with this scavenger hunt! I may not have racked up the most points (6, compared to 30 or so...), but it was fun and exciting to look around the site for answers nonetheless. Smile

I mainly did the questions (precursor, average RPM, Sag/Leone original names), seeing as they were considerably easier. However, for the life of me, I couldn't find the first tournament we held...

I also shared the Jade Jupiter Beywiki article and the BEYBLADE CRUSADE video on my Facebook page, and found "Bring on the power!" on the Beychannel.

There are so many things I could have done/attempted to do, such as make an entry for the Face Contest and gather the names of 12 CMs/GMs, but I guess I got sidetracked too much, haha. Funny thing is, I only had to design the Chrome Wheel for my Face Contest entry, yet I put it off and never finished it.

Overall, I think this scavenger hunt was a great success overall, and hopefully we can see something like this in the future. Smile
It seems like the Face Hunt is considered the most fun unanimously. Is there any improvement you guys could suggest? Make it harder to find? If it was up to me, I'd bury them in threads, spoilered. Now, that would take ages to find... Wink