Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Does anybody know what a Heat Haze is supposed to be? I think at least 3 Units need one of those to use their effects, and I can't find a picture of what they are.
Heat Haze/Kagero is the clan. So those cards probably needs a Vanguard or Rear Guard of that clan to use its effect.
Ah, thanks. I didn't know that Kagero Units were also called Heat Haze.

EDIT: I just found out that Kagero means Heat Haze in Japanese... Tired
It depends on how its translated. But the official name is Kagero I believe.
It does resemble Dual masters alot, man I miss duel masters, I might buy a few just to relive it,but I'm into the Pokemon TCG aswell, so, boo, more money I don't have.
(Mar. 09, 2011  10:18 PM)ErazmusG Wrote: It does resemble Dual masters alot, man I miss duel masters, I might buy a few just to relive it,but I'm into the Pokemon TCG aswell, so, boo, more money I don't have.

I hope Cardfight Vanguard doesn't end up like Duel Masters (excluding Japan)... it looks really fun!

And definitely going to make a Kagero deck if Cardfight Vanguard ever goes outside of Japan.
have you guys checked out the new card of the day on the cardfight wikidot site? its the alternate art of dragonic overlord and it looks awesome!! definately saving for the booster box over the trial deck

edit: ps they already started selling the first booster box on the otacute website
As much as I hate StarDUST Dragon, StarDRIVE Dragon looks nice. I thought I'd never like a card with "star" in it.
anyone ordered or received their order of the vanguard booster packs/box? im curious to know the card rarity ratio and how many cards are offered in the booster
i just ordered mine, we'll see how long it takes. :p
otsu you decided to order the box? cool. interested in what you pull.
3 RRR's per box. I've got Blaster Blade and Dragonic Overlord in the same box. Chocked
...and only 1 Alfred out of the two boxes I ordered.
(Mar. 30, 2011  12:51 PM)Sakota Wrote: 3 RRR's per box. I've got Blaster Blade and Dragonic Overlord in the same box. Chocked
...and only 1 Alfred out of the two boxes I ordered.

nice!!! thats not bad actually. how many RR's did you get?
Looks flashy, new, and interesting. I'd get a pack or whatever they come in if I had the money. If I comes to the states I'll be sure to get it. Looks pretty cool, but I doubt it will overtake YGO here in the states, or Duel Masters over in Japan.
just got my box of cards today, have no idea what's what aha. i guess i'll have to start doing a ton of research now.

the cards are really pretty and feel very high quality in terms of construction compared to other card games.
the artwork is very nice too. looking forward to actually playing this. :p

Oooooou. . . prettyyyy~~~
after going through 1 box i got,
1 sp
2 rrr
5 rr
(Mar. 31, 2011  2:04 AM)Otsu Wrote: just got my box of cards today, have no idea what's what aha. i guess i'll have to start doing a ton of research now.

the cards are really pretty and feel very high quality in terms of construction compared to other card games.
the artwork is very nice too. looking forward to actually playing this. :p

Oooooou. . . prettyyyy~~~
after going through 1 box i got,
1 sp
2 rrr
5 rr

Whoa those look freaking awesome! I hope they bring those over to the states! Grin
EDIT: Oh and Otsu where did you buy them on the site and how much did it cost? I have no clue how to speak Japanese (Google Translate is just a big blog of hurr durr), and I have no clue which one to buy if there are like multiple packs xD Mind giving some advice for buying on there? Tongue_out
very nice Otsu. i see you got the trial decks too along with the booster box
nope, i just got the booster boxes. bottem of the card is BT.
but after looking into the game more, i might get one of each trial deck.
otacute is on backorder right now. are there any other sites that sell cardfight? i tried searching but only found ebay, but those prices are redonkulous.
unfortunately not. other than ebay that was the only site that i came across that i believe was trustworthy. and it is seeing that you got your booster box. yeah that guy whos selling the trials and booster really is redonkulous. i mean its in japanese and hes trying to sell it worldwide though it wont really do much for people outside japan. but apparently some stupid people spent that much on those decks. i guess all you can do is wait until otacute gets more. they restock pretty quickly. i check up on their site frequently and this is literally their 14th time having the trial decks on backorder

EDIT: oh hey they have them in stock again. better get them quick before they get on backorder again
nice, just ordered them.

I watched two episodes of the anime in the hopes that it would get me on the road to knowing how to play. .... but yeah.... it was so basic and hardly went into anything in detail. So i ended up getting most of the info from that wiki site. Im still confused about the trigger zone on the playmat. What goes there? Cause trigger cards are in the deck and once used go into the drop zone i believe.
no they dont go into the drop zone. when its a drive trigger check or damage check. doing damage you just add it to your hand like any other drive trigger check but your guards get the powers of the trigger if you got one when you are doing damage. and when you are taking damage put it in your damage count and your guards get the powers from it to. the only times cards go in the drop zone is when you are using the "guardian" ability of the cards in your hand, "intercept" of the grade 2s on your field, discarding for an ability, or when you are replacing one of your rear guards (ex. you have a grade 2 as a rear guard and you place the grade 3 unit from your hand in the same spot as the grade 2 unit) instead of having it under the grade 3 cuz only vanguards can have soul cards you send the grade 2 to the drop zone)
nice otsu i am loving that dragonic overlord. found a guy on ebay selling packs pretty cheap. $1.99 plus $7.00 shipping and $2.00 for each additional item. way cheaper than that other guy thats selling the structure decks too.

EDIT: oops forgot to add his ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/cards4life10/