Buying a Gaming System

(Jan. 16, 2009  10:16 PM)Faint Brushfire Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2009  7:59 AM)pegasis Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2009  12:17 AM)Aqua_24 Wrote: The Wii is awesome and everything but then there's this problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrvkPo7T...annel_page haha

I'll just stay with the 360, PS2 & PS3.
thats just stuped!
there is something called wriststrap just to let u know.
if u use it nothing wrong will happen!
(Jan. 16, 2009  2:59 AM)Faint Brushfire Wrote: Both have their good and bad points, though... just off the top of my head:

PS3-
Good: Blueray, free Live, web browser, a couple of unique games, awesome graphics
Bad: Not a great choice in games, the unique games don't compare to the 360's

360-
Good: HD, very good choice in games, awesome graphics
Bad: Paid Live, risk of red ring of death

Wii-
Good: Fun for all the family, web browser
Bad: Most games are minigames, Wi-Fi connection is limited and poor, poor graphics
wii doest have POOR graphics,its better than the ps2 graphics! No they aren't. I compared my NFS Carbon on PS2 to Wii and the PS2 came out supirior.
but compared to the 360 and ps3 its meh! Indeed.
there is something bad for the 360,no wi-fi. XBOX Live ftw?
and the wii is fun for the family and friends,and sometimes alone. True, true.
believe me its so fun to play smash with friends.and zelda TP is awesome,and u play it alone.no more heroes the same!. Again true.
and if u wanna look at their looks! wii beats them easily. The Wii is a slanted tiny console, yet it still wins in looks. Wink However we're going for gaming, not asthetics.

now since u said no M rated games! u wont be able to play halo3,nor GOW2,nor ninja gaiden .....
maybe more than half the good games are M rated,so u wont have good games for ur 360(i donno about the ps3)
but the wii has good games and nothing is rated M (exept no more heroes)

so if u are able to play M games then get a 360 (or ps3) and if not get a wii.
and the best is getting 360 and wii. so u can be able to play cartoonish games and minigames on wii. and realastic,good graphics,games on ur 360.

Bolded are my replies.
well,wii has better graphics than ps2 and every one knows that,i donno wuts wrong with the NFS game.

i meant xbox doesnt have wireless,u have to put the cable in it,if u want it wireless u have to pay more!
(Jan. 17, 2009  12:15 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2009  12:13 AM)Faint Brushfire Wrote: How about debating over what Video Game system is better? It's much more logical to do as it involves logic.

IT DOESN'T MATTER AGHHHHHHHH

What the hell does it matter? OK so you think the PS3 is better, someone else thinks the 360 is better, someone else thinks the Wii is better and some carp moron probably thinks the Commodore 64 is the greatest games console ever, is there a chance in hell any of you are going to change your mind because someone presents a logical argument to you? No, because you're already so ingrained in your thinking and you'd have to be if the idea of arguing about which video game console is best seems like a good idea in the first place.

To the OP, look over lists of games and console features and decide which one you want. I'm sick of putting up with this console war carp here. This isn't the video game debate forum.
i used to think the wii was the best ever,but u guys changed my mind so i got a 360 and now i find it great after i thought it was stuped.
so ya we can change each others minds!?
This isn't arguing, because I'm backing down: The Wii has better graphics then the PS2 on any game that ISN'T a mini-game game. Tongue_out
Honestly, No More Heroes can have a run for its' money by a PS2 game.

And Brawl looks only marginally better then Melee.
(Jan. 17, 2009  3:59 PM)Faint Brushfire Wrote: This isn't arguing, because I'm backing down: The Wii has better graphics then the PS2 on any game that ISN'T a mini-game game. Tongue_out

This isn't backing down, because you're instigating more argument. IMO, Wii's graphics have a lot to be desired.
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2 (Hey...)
Final Fantasy XII
Dragon Quest VIII
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Jak & Daxter
Jak II
Jak 3
Jak X: Combat Racing
Sly Cooper
Sly Cooper 2
Sly Cooper 3
DragonBall Z: Budokai 3
DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Super DragonBall Z
Kid Ico
Shadow Of The Colosus

I'll give your more later. Trying to stay out of the M games.
How the heck could I forget:

Persona 3:FES
Persona 4
Rogue Galaxy
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2

I'll put even more later.
DBZ Budokai 2 was a good game IMO. I like it better thatn 3. >>
Budokai 3 is better for the sole fact that there isn't that stupid board game world. I still have a copy of Budokai, and Budokai 2 (hell I have every single DragonBall games released this past gen...) because there are stuff that is lost in the successors. Like the fake Fusions in DBZ 2.
I hate that they took out the Tiencha story in the US release.
(Jan. 18, 2009  3:48 AM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Budokai 3 is better for the sole fact that there isn't that stupid board game world. I still have a copy of Budokai, and Budokai 2 (hell I have every single DragonBall games released this past gen...) because there are stuff that is lost in the successors. Like the fake Fusions in DBZ 2.

I don't get why there was budokai, and tenkaichi and then they just put those words together in Budokaitenkaichi. Why not come up with an original name ffs? o.o
I've actually played Budokai 2 and it's actually pretty good like shikamaru said except for the board game thing which kinda ruined the atmosphere of the game. A few years ago my friend and I played Jak 3 together and finished it so.... Speechless
I've heard final fantasy, kingdom of hearts and ratchet and clank were good so when I get the ps2, i'll prolly get a copy of the latest version of each.
Thanks for the list so far though. Smile

btw are these games good:

- ATV Off Road Fury 4
- MX vs. ATV Unleashed
- Need for Speed: Undercover
- Tomb Raider: Underworld, Anniversary & Legend
- James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace
(Jan. 18, 2009  4:00 AM)Pikachao Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2009  3:48 AM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Budokai 3 is better for the sole fact that there isn't that stupid board game world. I still have a copy of Budokai, and Budokai 2 (hell I have every single DragonBall games released this past gen...) because there are stuff that is lost in the successors. Like the fake Fusions in DBZ 2.

I don't get why there was budokai, and tenkaichi and then they just put those words together in Budokaitenkaichi. Why not come up with an original name ffs? o.o

Budokai was known as DragonBall Z, DragonBall Z 2, and DragonBall Z 3 in Japan. There wasn't a Tenkaichi series. There was soley Budokai Tenkaichi, which in Japan is known as Sparking!, Sparking! Neo, and Sparking! Meteor. Sparking! is a reference to the last lyric in the Japanese DragonBall Z Opening Theme, Cha-La Head Cha-La.

The English name is quite stupid, since it really should be Tenkaichi Budokai. Tenkaichi Budokai means in Japanese something close to Strongest Under The Heavens Tournament. Budokai Tenkaichi would be The Heavens Tournament Strongest Under, I guess. Ugh.

The diferent names work though, since the games are very different. One's much a standard fighter, where as the other is an area based combat game. Super DragonBall Z is much a kin to Street Fighter, it helps that the Street Fighter II team developed it.

Also, kind of weird to start at Jak 3, since you know, those games have plot... You don't even know who or what has happened to Jak if you play it out of place. Same goes for Ratchet, Sly, and Kingdom Hearts games. Unless you play Final Fantasy X-2 before X most are stand-alone on the PS2, like Final Fantasy XII.

ATV Offroad games are good. I hear Undercover is garbage. The rest your should check on metacritic.com .
this thread is getting simillar to(buying a new ps2) thread
so u should check it if u wanna know about the good ps2 games.
I've been using gamespot but metcritic.com is also really good Smile

pegasis:
Your right that thread is really helpful.
(Jan. 18, 2009  3:43 AM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2 (Hey...)
Final Fantasy XII
Dragon Quest VIII
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Jak & Daxter
Jak II
Jak 3
Jak X: Combat Racing
Sly Cooper
Sly Cooper 2
Sly Cooper 3
DragonBall Z: Budokai 3
DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Super DragonBall Z
Kid Ico
Shadow Of The Colosus

I'll give your more later. Trying to stay out of the M games.
How the heck could I forget:

Persona 3:FES
Persona 4
Rogue Galaxy
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2

I'll put even more later.

I agree with most of these games listed, but honestly, there are way, way more than this. Games like the MGS series, Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy (which I thought was very unique and fun to play), etc.
Problem is trying to stay out of M-Rated games such as MGS.

Also, try Transformers [Atari] for PS2. It's based on the Armada series. And is the best game the franchise has gotten to date. Can be played third-person, or first person. Stay away from the movie game like you would the plague.

If you like Zelda-ish, pick up Okami.

Also, that PS2 Recommendation thread doesn't have me continually updating you with new awesome games.
These are the games that I have on my list so far, feel free critisize or add any others:

Rachet and Clank: Deadlocked
ATV Off Road Fury 4
Kingdom of Hearts II
Need for Speed: Carbon
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Final Fantasy XII (12)
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Dance Dance Revolution X
FIFA Soccer 08
Have you played the first Ratchet, or Kingdom Hearts game? I'm sure used you can get them from like $7-$20...

I don't know why you're buying a movie game.
I haven't played the first Rachet or Kingdom Hearts game (I just thought they'd be harder to find since their older games).

(Jan. 18, 2009  8:56 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: I don't know why you're buying a movie game.

Are you talking about X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse?
No, both KH1, and Ratchet 1 should be easy to find as both are best sellers, and have been introduced into the Greatest Hits label. Literally every store I've gone to that sells PS2 games have them. It's best to start with the first games, since KH is somewhat plot-heavy. And you start to love Ratchet & Clank faster if you know their journey from the beginning.

Also, Ratchet Size Matters, and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories are newer games, both being released this past year... But that doesn't matter, start from the beginning!

Also, I was talking about James Bond... The PS2 version seems to be the definitive version oddly, so go for it if you want. But if it's like $30+ I'd say get some other games instead.
K, then I'll get the first ratchet and kingdom hearts game. I agree, it would be better to start from the beginning.

So your saying that the latest 007 game sucks. What about James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing?
No, I'm not saying it sucks. It's metacritic is like 74. Just saying that if it's $30+ that I wouldn't buy it. Movie games drop in price quickly. So yeah, wait a tad, and you might get it cheaper.
(Jan. 18, 2009  10:29 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: No, I'm not saying it sucks. It's metacritic is like 74. Just saying that if it's $30+ that I wouldn't buy it. Movie games drop in price quickly. So yeah, wait a tad, and you might get it cheaper.
metacritic is carp
I would recommend the getting the DS for the portable due to the new metal fight beyblade DS game that I think came out already , but Im unsure because I have only seen the trailer on youtube. For the console get a Xbox360
for ...............................Halo 3 FTW Joyful_2
Although I'd get the DS I wouldn't get it purely for that game. We know very little about it at the moment except that it's a beyblade game and that generally not a great thing. ^^;