Buying a Gaming System

(Jan. 11, 2009  7:17 PM)Aqua_24 Wrote: I get what you guys are saying about the Wii but I'll probably just get it later when the price drops or something cuz it can be fun with a lot of other people but its not like top priority.

Question about the 360: Does it still have that problem with the red ring of death?

That's what I was thinking about the Wii as well. XD

And yeah, I think it sometimes happens but only to a small percent of consoles. And Microsoft have extended their warantee to three years now. Smile Don't think there are many problems with the PS3......I guess you've just got to take care of them well and not let them overheat. Smile
I still think is an issue, I fear every day that my console is going to die. The Falcons seem good and the Jaspers (the newest ones) should be perfect, but i really don't think they are. They haven't been out to long, I wanted to wait until they confirmed it, but my roommate tipped my hand with a really good offer. =/

I still don't trust the rates, but generally people say it's ok.
I know my case is probably pretty rare but I've had my 360 since June of 2006 and I've yet to have any console-breaking issues with it.

I don't know what that's worth to anyone, just saying.
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:34 PM)Roan Wrote: I know my case is probably pretty rare but I've had my 360 since June of 2006 and I've yet to have any console-breaking issues with it.

I don't know what that's worth to anyone, just saying.

I guess because people hear so much about it they assume it happens with every Xbox 360. Aren't the chances more like being involved in an aeroplane crash? I mean we hear a lot about them because they're sad occurrences but they're still quite rare. And it doesn't stop people flyng because people know that it probably won't happen to them. Uncertain
Well the last I heard the failure rate among 360's was at like 30%, which is completely ridiculous and should never have happened in the first place, but still that's not very likely to happen, especially with any of the newer 360's that have better chips and such.
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:26 PM)FFX Wrote: I still think is an issue, I fear every day that my console is going to die.
I still don't trust the rates, but generally people say it's ok.

Yeah that's one of my worries if I get a 360.... I'll be playing one day and then randomly the red ring appears...Gasp but like Rocky said there's a 3 year warranty so it shouldn't be a problem if that happened.
And I think it was more frequent in the earlier models when the 360 was just released.
The 360 is sooo popular rite now and more affordable but you can never go wrong with a PS2Joyful_3

@ Roan: 30% is pretty high but i hope they fixed the problem with the newer ones.
I've had mine since October of last year and I have no problems.

There are reports that adding an intercooler onto a 360 will actually make things worse. My friend himself said for me not to buy one of those, as he used one on his 360 and it got RRoD.
back....oh i dunno...last april? the video card on mine died

still no RROD or any other problems though
Well you can read this if you want but it's kinda scary. It also mentions those intercoolers being rubbish....and melting and stuff. D:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_te...l_problems
i donno why everyone is afraid of RROD,with the falcon or jasper chips and with a little care from u to ur xbox nothing wrong will happen to it!here r some tips:
dont put anything on it
dont put it on carpet
dont direct the hot AC on ur xbox
dont leave it open for days!
when ur playing,if u staid so long just check if ur xbox is hot,if yes close it!

i feel that the biggest problem with the 360 isnt RROD,its the carp cyrcle scratches,and sometimes it scratches disks without even moving it!
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:50 PM)Rocky Wrote: Well you can read this if you want but it's kinda scary. It also mentions those intercoolers being rubbish....and melting and stuff. D:

the 360 is much more reliable now ... and the main issue has a three year warranty

not much of an issue
(Jan. 11, 2009  6:18 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Stay away from No More Heroes if you're afraid of M rated games though.
no u should get it,its the best wii game ever.the blood isnt scary,it doesnt look real,coins comes out with blood LMAO.but dont play it infront of ur parents,selvia sometimes do wrong things lol!
(Jan. 11, 2009  6:18 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Stay away from No More Heroes if you're afraid of M rated games though

i think people should stay away from NMH period
(Jan. 11, 2009  4:55 PM)Rocky Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  3:56 PM)pegasis Wrote: dont get a handled,psp sucks cuz it is tring to play games like the console games and it sucks in it.
It doesn't suck. It's quite good. You can't expect it to be perfect because, obviously it's not a home console, but it does it better than the DS. And it's got quite good graphics.
u can have fun with ur psp if u didnt have a 360 or ps3!but since he is getting a 360 or ps3,why would he want to play psp when he have the same games but with better graphics,gameplay and everything on his home console!
No More Heroes probably would have been lambasted had it been on the PS2. But because the Wii is so starved of content of any calibur, a very much average game is hailed as the second coming, and is put on the "If You Like Games, and Have a Wii Buy These" list.

(Jan. 11, 2009  7:53 PM)pegasis Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  6:18 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Stay away from No More Heroes if you're afraid of M rated games though.
no u should get it,its the best wii game ever.the blood isnt scary,it doesnt look real,coins comes out with blood LMAO.but dont play it infront of ur parents,selvia sometimes do wrong things lol!

I know English isn't your native language (nor is it mine) so maybe you don't understand the nature of the video store that calls Travis on a regular basis, and the kind of stuff he watches. There are a couple of risque stuff.
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:59 PM)pegasis Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  3:56 PM)pegasis Wrote: dont get a handled,psp sucks cuz it is tring to play games like the console games and it sucks in it.
It doesn't suck. It's quite good. You can't expect it to be perfect because, obviously it's not a home console, but it does it better than the DS. And it's got quite good graphics.
u can have fun with ur psp if u didnt have a 360 or ps3!but since he is getting a 360 or ps3,why would he want to play psp when he have the same games but with better graphics,gameplay and everything on his home console!

You don't get the idea of "Handheld" do you?
(Jan. 11, 2009  8:01 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: No More Heroes probably would have been lambasted had it been on the PS2. But because the Wii is so starved of content of any calibur, a very much average game is hailed as the second coming, and is put on the "If You Like Games, and Have a Wii Buy These" list.

This. Dear god, this.
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:50 PM)Rocky Wrote: Well you can read this if you want but it's kinda scary. It also mentions those intercoolers being rubbish....and melting and stuff. D:

I saw this the other day but didn't get the chance to read it (AKA got too lazy to bother) lol

(Jan. 11, 2009  7:54 PM)Artie Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  6:18 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Stay away from No More Heroes if you're afraid of M rated games though

I've never even heard of the game but what's wrong with it? lol
(Jan. 11, 2009  8:01 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: No More Heroes probably would have been lambasted had it been on the PS2. But because the Wii is so starved of content of any calibur, a very much average game is hailed as the second coming, and is put on the "If You Like Games, and Have a Wii Buy These" list.

(Jan. 11, 2009  7:53 PM)pegasis Wrote:

I know English isn't your native language (nor is it mine) so maybe you don't understand the nature of the video store that calls Travis on a regular basis, and the kind of stuff he watches. There are a couple of risque stuff.
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:59 PM)pegasis Wrote:

You don't get the idea of "Handheld" do you?
well, i know english isnt my primary language but i can speak it fluently and i can understand almost everything in games.watch a lot of english movies.thats the best way for improving ur english Wink

why TF do i need a handled system.the only reason i can find is to play pokemon XD
(Jan. 11, 2009  8:08 PM)Aqua_24 Wrote:

I saw this the other day but didn't get the chance to read it (AKA got too lazy to bother) lol

(Jan. 11, 2009  7:54 PM)Artie Wrote:

I've never even heard of the game but what's wrong with it? lol
go 2 youtube and search for no more heroes sylvia!
(Jan. 11, 2009  8:08 PM)pegasis Wrote: why TF do i need a handled system.the only reason i can find is to play pokemon XD

In case you might just feel like playing a game when you're not in your house? Say, during a journey or on holiday or something.......or do you just never leave the house? Uncertain
^ was just about to ask the same thing.
when u go 2 a journy u should have fun and shouldnt get boared!if u will get boared then stay home and play with ur system,why to go if u wont have fun?
Well a lot of people have work or school which they find boring but they still have to go. Uncertain

Plus you wouldn't say 'well I was going to go on holiday but I don't think I will because the flight over will be boring' would you?

Or maybe you would. I find your way of thinking a little perplexing. Chocked
@ pegasis

If your going on a long drive to somewhere like a camp, it gets boring to just sit in the car and do nothing.
ok u won! but i can wait untill i arrive,i wont spend more money just to not get boared!