[Buying]  Could use help identifying plastic gen beys in a lot

Hi WBO,

I'm a new member and a new collector! I'm looking to purchase my first lot, but I'm having hard time identifying a few Beys (circled).  Also interested in what stadium this is if anyone is aware. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/gMMb3NR

Additionally, what would be a fair market value for these. I have no way to confirm but I believe they are Hasbro toys in used but very good condition. 

I'm still learning about all the plastic generations and can't wait to get my hands on some! Any help is appreciated and I'm looking forward to being part of the community. 

Thanks
One of Them Is Master dragoon http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Dragoon
and There is a Dragoon G as well http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Dragoon_G
For others there is A great guy called @[Howaitonekon]
Awesome! Thanks, I was very confused about the master dragoon because it looked similar to Dranzer G and I wasn't sure if it was a recolor.  I will see if Howaitonekon makes his way here, would appreciate his input.

Also maybe an expert can chime in, but is there a way to tell if these are Hasbro or TT? Is there any identification if you break them apart, any engravings that a seller could show to prove that it's not a fake collection. (It looks real to me, but just in case)
(Sep. 14, 2018  5:22 PM)Polishxthunder Wrote: Awesome! Thanks, I was very confused about the master dragoon because it looked similar to Dranzer G and I wasn't sure if it was a recolor.  I will see if Howaitonekon makes his way here, would appreciate his input.

Also maybe an expert can chime in, but is there a way to tell if these are Hasbro or TT? Is there any identification if you break them apart, any engravings that a seller could show to prove that it's not a fake collection. (It looks real to me, but just in case)

@[Sonyat] or even Kingko Usagi Can help I guess.
Also when you want a seller to prove of that'S His, ask for a Paper chit in Lot with his name
I asked for more pictures. Is it possible to see from these if they are not fake? I believe they are Hasbro

http://imgur.com/gallery/wwGZrv5
Yep, there's definitely a Master Dragoon and Dragoon G in there. The circled one at the top is Metal Dranzer and the one beneath Master Dragoon looks to be Knight Dranzer, possibly? The yellow one near Dragoon G may either be Kid Draciel or Kid Dragoon, hard to tell from the photo quality and my lack of knowledge regarding those two. No idea about the one in the middle (it looks like it's missing its AR?).

Close-ups of the beys in better quality would be very helpful in determining brand and condition. Stickers--there'll be Japanese lettering on the Bit-Chip stickers if TT, for instance--parts, and colours are the easiest way for me to determine whether they're TT or Hasbro, though I'm leaning towards Hasbro if they aren't fakes. I couldn't tell you if these are fakes or not without better photos,  unfortunately. Unhappy

It's extremely difficult to say what this lot is worth without knowing brand and condition (I see a lot of sticker tearing or missing stickers entirely, which isn't an issue if you plan to use them, but absolutely affects pricing), and there's a fair amount of beyblades in it. None of these are super rare or expensive on their own in the condition they're in, though. The priciest I can identify is Dragoon G and it looks to be missing all of its stickers except for the Bit-Chip.

Howaitonekon is definitely more knowledgeable than me and should be able to help you out. Close-ups are a must before purchase, IMO. You don't want to be paying a high price for old gen beyblades if their condition isn't reflecting their market value. Using Dragoon G as an example: I paid $15 for a TT one in waaaay better condition, although I'd still like to replace it due to some sticker peeling. NIB TT Dragoon G can run you upwards of $100, if that helps put things in perspective and Hasbro beys are rarer in general.

I hope this helped somewhat. More photos are going to be key here, unless others have an easier time identifying and giving you price points. Smile
(Sep. 14, 2018  10:44 PM)sonyat Wrote: Yep, there's definitely a Master Dragoon and Dragoon G in there. The circled one at the top is Metal Dranzer and the one beneath Master Dragoon looks to be Knight Dranzer, possibly? The yellow one near Dragoon G may either be Kid Draciel or Kid Dragoon, hard to tell from the photo quality and my lack of knowledge regarding those two. No idea about the one in the middle (it looks like it's missing its AR?).

Close-ups of the beys in better quality would be very helpful in determining brand and condition. Stickers--there'll be Japanese lettering on the Bit-Chip stickers if TT, for instance--parts, and colours are the easiest way for me to determine whether they're TT or Hasbro, though I'm leaning towards Hasbro if they aren't fakes. I couldn't tell you if these are fakes or not without better photos,  unfortunately. Unhappy

It's extremely difficult to say what this lot is worth without knowing brand and condition (I see a lot of sticker tearing or missing stickers entirely, which isn't an issue if you plan to use them, but absolutely affects pricing), and there's a fair amount of beyblades in it. None of these are super rare or expensive on their own in the condition they're in, though. The priciest I can identify is Dragoon G and it looks to be missing all of its stickers except for the Bit-Chip.

Howaitonekon is definitely more knowledgeable than me and should be able to help you out. Close-ups are a must before purchase, IMO. You don't want to be paying a high price for old gen beyblades if their condition isn't reflecting their market value. Using Dragoon G as an example: I paid $15 for a TT one in waaaay better condition, although I'd still like to replace it due to some sticker peeling. NIB TT Dragoon G can run you upwards of $100, if that helps put things in perspective and Hasbro beys are rarer in general.

I hope this helped somewhat. More photos are going to be key here, unless others have an easier time identifying and giving you price points. Smile

Hi Sonyat,

Big thanks for the response.  I'm still going to think it over, because I am purchasing it to be used but I would like for them to retain their re-sale value.  I will ask for more pictures and hopefully the seller complies.  The price of this lot (36 beys, launchers and stadium) I think is very good about $100-110~ but quite pricey shipping so the total would be $150~.  I still think it's a reasonable price, especially since it does include launchers and a stadium which in itself I think is worth $20-30.
All the beys in those different photos seem to be authentic, so no worries about that.

For all the yellow circles: The greyish bey at the top is Metal Dranzer, then we have a blade base which appears to be the one of Trypio (the big one on the left side, maybe someone used the AR for its flying gimmick and lost it). The yellow one in the middle line is Master Driger, on the right side is Master Dragoon. On the bottom line we have white Dragoon G in the middle and the black one is Metal Dragoon (also referred to as Bearing Stinger).

These beyblades are all Takara Tomy. Most of them are extremely common, but there are some cool ones like Dragoon S, Driger S, Wolborg, black Driger F and clear blue Dranzer S. I can't really think about a price, the beys are pretty generic, so they won't go over $10-15 individually, except for maybe the few ones I've mentioned. These are 35 used beyblades in a lot... I don't know, I never buy beys in such huge bulks, maybe $120-150 because of the huge number? @[KinkoUsagi] can probably help here! Other then that there's nothing of interest tbh.

You can build some decent combos though. You get Bearing Tips with Metal Dragoon and Wolborg, two free spinning Metal Flats that you can use in Dranzer S' blade beys, you have Dragoon G's Eight Spiker as a reliable left spinning smash attack AR, Galeon's War Lion for Zombie setups as well as Driger S and Draciel MFB for anything compact related. You can use Master Draciel's Smash Turtle for a defense setup. Seaborg's tip can also be inverted legally. So you get a nice rubber tip in addtion to that!
If you need any help/advice with these combo: PM me, I'm glad if I can help!

Oh, I've almost forgot about the stadium! It's the BB-46 BeyStadium Standard Type Stadium. It can be used officially in all WBO tournaments featuring Plastics, HMS and MFB. It can't be used for Burst. Considering that I think it's a good start if you get it for the price mentioned!
If it would be way more I would look for lots with more interesting releases like e.g. the V2 series (which has the most competitive parts), but it seems to be a good buy :)
Going off of Howaitonekon's detailed response (thank you for reminding me Master Driger and Bearing Stinger exist! What a mistake I made, aha), the price the seller is asking sounds fair. I second Howaitonekon that it's a good buy for someone wanting to get use out of Plastics, especially considering you're getting a stadium and launchers/accessories.

He's 100% correct in these beys' individual pricing. You're not going to get much over $10-15 for many of these individually in used states, with the exception of Metal Dragoon/Bearing Stinger (depending on condition, you're probably looking at $20-30 as NIB market value is about $35-45).

If you're happy with the rest of the photos the seller provides, I'd say go for it. Smile And definitely try to get your hands on the V2s, they're amazing!
(Sep. 14, 2018  11:44 PM)Howaitonekon Wrote: All the beys in those different photos seem to be authentic, so no worries about that.

For all the yellow circles: The greyish bey at the top is Metal Dranzer, then we have a blade base which appears to be the one of Trypio (the big one on the left side, maybe someone used the AR for its flying gimmick and lost it). The yellow one in the middle line is Master Driger, on the right side is Master Dragoon. On the bottom line we have white Dragoon G in the middle and the black one is Metal Dragoon (also referred to as Bearing Stinger).

These beyblades are all Takara Tomy. Most of them are extremely common, but there are some cool ones like Dragoon S, Driger S, Wolborg, black Driger F and clear blue Dranzer S. I can't really think about a price, the beys are pretty generic, so they won't go over $10-15 individually, except for maybe the few ones I've mentioned. These are 35 used beyblades in a lot... I don't know, I never buy beys in such huge bulks, maybe $120-150 because of the huge number? @[KinkoUsagi] can probably help here! Other then that there's nothing of interest tbh.

You can build some decent combos though. You get Bearing Tips with Metal Dragoon and Wolborg, two free spinning Metal Flats that you can use in Dranzer S' blade beys, you have Dragoon G's Eight Spiker as a reliable left spinning smash attack AR, Galeon's War Lion for Zombie setups as well as Driger S and Draciel MFB for anything compact related. You can use Master Draciel's Smash Turtle for a defense setup. Seaborg's tip can also be inverted legally. So you get a nice rubber tip in addtion to that!
If you need any help/advice with these combo: PM me, I'm glad if I can help!

Oh, I've almost forgot about the stadium! It's the BB-46 BeyStadium Standard Type Stadium. It can be used officially in all WBO tournaments featuring Plastics, HMS and MFB. It can't be used for Burst. Considering that I think it's a good start if you get it for the price mentioned!
If it would be way more I would look for lots with more interesting releases like e.g. the V2 series (which has the most competitive parts), but it seems to be a good buy Smile

Hi Howaitonekon,  

Woah cool! This lot includes a few beyblades I didn't even know existed.  Awesome!  

Generic is what I am looking for, so this works for me.  I recently got to visit my childhood home, which I left almost 15 years ago (Haven't been back since).  While scavenging through my left-behind toys, I found a beat up Driger F and immediately started to reminisce.  At the height of my beyblade obsession, I only had 2 beyblades (Driger and Seaborg) so even these common beys are beyond cool to me. Driger F and Dragoon S probably being my favorite looking beys.  Back when I was younger, these spinners were really expensive!  It makes me happy that I can relive my childhood now though Smile 

As far as the price goes - I've been researching for the last 3-4 weeks both on here, ebay and other auction sites, and the prices seem to be somewhat competitive even for used beyblades.  Dragoons being $15-20~, Drigers being $10-15~.  I am still considering buying from a seller on this forum, and was priced out Dragoon S, Driger F, Dranzer F, Draciel and launchers for $45 + $30-40 for a stadium.  So it would seem I'm getting so much more here, for not even twice the price.  

When you mention breaking down beys and taking individual parts, is that for competitive beyblading? Tournaments?  I did not know that was a thing, was under the impression that the new series BURST is the new competitive outlet.  

Once again - thank you! Your input was very much appreciated. ~R
None of these Beyblades are particularly expensive nor difficult to find. The condition looks pretty bad for some of the rare Beyblades (Dragoon G) and when Beyblades are without/damaged stickers, they tend to go far, far less, so the re-sell value is probably not high.

If you're to spend time on Yahoo.JPN (using ZenMarket or SamuraiBuyer) you're very likely to find better condition versions of these Beyblades and at a reasonable price (5-10 per Beyblade). ZenMarket is my preferred choice, but I use SamuraiBuyer to search (and then just copy and paste the Kanji)