Burst rankings live! + New Committee members and F230CF/GCF ban

I was addressing explicitly a post referring to "Bursts Onto the Scene" since Yami mentioned it by name. And in the Bursts Into 2016 thread, I was addressing the Montreal community only — there had already been ranked Burst events in other regions at that time.

As the initial announcement I linked earlier shows, our policy was always that the first Burst event in each region would be unranked. We're up for discussing on whether we want that policy to continue, but we stated our policy clearly when we initially announced Burst Format rule adjustments, and haven't said anything thus far to indicate that policy had changed.
(May. 09, 2016  2:16 AM)Wombat Wrote: I was aware that the Bursts onto the Scene events would not be processed; that wasn't the point I was making, though. You say that the first Burst event in every region will be unranked, yet also state that Burst into 2016 would be the first ranked Burst tournament. I was under the impression that until Burst into 2016, the format was in a sort of unranked "trial period" and all events after Burst into 2016 would be processed regardless of whether they were the first or not. Though I guess it can be interpreted either way taking both statements into account.

I believe the only tournament with some kind of discrepancy about this would be Amaterios Atlanta Assault (which from what ZachBob has told me you would not allow to be named 'Beyblade Bursts onto the Scene: Georgia' despite being the first event in the region), and I'm pretty sure Amaterios Atlanta Assault, ZachBob's Beyblade Burst Birthday Bonanza, and Bursting Back Outside are the only events that would need to be reprocessed if this is the case.

You cannot call a tournament "Bursts Onto the Scene" when the campaign was over and that we would not have had enough funds to suplly Boosters, Starters and a stadium for that extra location. Bursts Onto The Scene is a campaign with many things attached to it, you cannot just use that name whenever you want...
I assume I am the oldest active member without any stats? Meh. I just like looking at beyblades and going in my corner making wierd and wacky combos. Kudos to the members, and wise choice of banning that duo. Glad they are tapping into the attack.
(May. 13, 2016  8:46 PM)Sıon Wrote: I assume I am the oldest active member without any stats?

Pretty sure Driger GT has you beat in that regard.
My only issue with the Burst tournament ranking policy is the wording, which has me a little confused. What exactly constitutes a region in this sense? If I were to hold a tournament in Richmond, Virginia and Burst tournaments have been held previously in other parts of the state, would the tournament that I hold be ranked or unranked?
It depends what the distance between both locations is, and whether there are any participants who have previously played in a Burst event elsewhere in the region. But at some point, I doubt we can litterally consider every single city a different region.
(May. 14, 2016  3:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It depends what the distance between both locations is, and whether there are any participants who have previously played in a Burst event elsewhere in the region. But at some point, I doubt we can litterally consider every single city a different region.
I guess that's the worry that I have with the current ruling, and because players near active tournament regions have a bit of an advantage over those in regions that can only pull together one event a year at most. While I fully understand the reasoning behind the rule, I personally see it as being a little unfair to the players who have been investing heavily in the game to not have their success rewarded on the rare occasion that they can participate in an official tournament.
Oh, so you want it to count? I mean, if litterally every participant comes here and petitions to have the event ranked willfully even after seeing the results of the tournament, we would probably listen hah.
I would, but these are just my thoughts, and I know the ruling was made with good intentions Smile I'm definitely going to try to get something going in Richmond, VA once I'm back in college, so I am just a little curious as to how that would be counted.
Quote: we've come to the conclusion of keeping the F230CF and F230GCF duo banned! They will continue to be considered illegal in Zero-G Format Tournament play.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA! Eat dirt F230! Gaze upon your ultimate defeat; mourn the collapse of your tyrannical reign; hear the resounding cry of justice; RAISE YOUR EYES HEAVENWARD AND BEHOLD THE INEFFABLE GLORY OF FREEDOM!!!

I've been waiting for that for so long.

Congrats to the new committee members! Nice to see new people getting involved so quickly.
(May. 24, 2016  10:49 PM)[)ragon Wrote:
Quote: we've come to the conclusion of keeping the F230CF and F230GCF duo banned! They will continue to be considered illegal in Zero-G Format Tournament play.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA! Eat dirt F230! Gaze upon your ultimate defeat; mourn the collapse of your tyrannical reign; hear the resounding cry of justice; RAISE YOUR EYES HEAVENWARD AND BEHOLD THE INEFFABLE GLORY OF FREEDOM!!!

I've been waiting for that for so long.

Congrats to the new committee members! Nice to see new people getting involved so quickly.
Never would i expect to see you post again or that I would see such excitement haha.
Oh hey good news!

I knew Angry was gonna be a committee member sooner or later, congrats! Great job setting the burst rankings up too committee, I was wondering about people have 2 ranks.