Burst Standard Competitive Combos (As of October 2019)

(Oct. 15, 2019  4:43 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Not everyone has the diabolos chip, can we get secondary options for combos using it? Thanks Smile

Sure, For rightspin I would use Valkyrie zan, and for left spin I would use Longinus zan
Dread feels too weak to be considered competitive. It has niche uses for sure, but it doesn't come close to standing next to the beys in this list. A real shame for how decent it looks.
Some suggestions with Dread Base that I think could do nicely against some of the right spins on the list (and may or may not work against same spins):

Dread Fafnir.10/7/0Cross/Glaive/Star.Xt+ Gen/Ten - I use 7C with Ten for the Burst resistance and some LAD and try to mode change the Driver whenever applicable against opponent.

Dread Longinus.00Cross/Around.Eternal/Atomic/Orbit Metal Ten/Gen - works supposedly like aH/pP LAD

Dread Longinus.Hurricane.Destroy' Zan - intended to work like my dH.Hr.Ds', except it is left spin

Dread Fafnir.Ratchet.Bearing Gen - alternative for Wizard Longinus/Bahamut spin equalizer

Reason I don't like Bahamut on Dread is due to the teeth not being exposed enough and that Fafnir has stronger teeth on Dread than say, Wizard or even Erase.
Shouldn't Pp.Sting/Outer.Br and Pp.Outer.Volcanic' be on the equalization list?

The volcanic' set up is a good staller against right spin combos and is consistent at beating Choz S.00.Wall.Br in opposite spin.

The bearing version beats anything left spin, but poor stamina in right spin battles. Sting helps give the bey stamina in same spin and even with Br's weak spring, it is a hard bet to burst. I will say that Pp on Xt+ is more versatile, but there a few combos that have crept up that can compete with this setup resulting in many draws. Pp on Br is a left straight up left spin counter; just not as good in same spin matchups and is deck specific.

Other than that, helpful tier list?
(Oct. 20, 2019  10:40 PM)7upZ Wrote: Shouldn't Pp.Sting/Outer.Br and Pp.Outer.Volcanic' be on the equalization list?

The volcanic' set up is a good staller against right spin combos and is consistent at beating Choz S.00.Wall.Br in opposite spin.

The bearing version beats anything left spin, but poor stamina in right spin battles. Sting helps give the bey stamina in same spin and even with Br's weak spring, it is a hard bet to burst. I will say that Pp on Xt+ is more versatile, but there a few combos that have crept up that can compete with this setup resulting in many draws. Pp on Br is a left straight up left spin counter; just not as good in same spin matchups and is deck specific.

You need to “awaken” Volcanic Dash before it becomes viable, and pP is almost never used on Bearing thanks to the burst risk, and Xtend+ being better on Outer and safer in the first stage than Outer Bearing.
(Oct. 21, 2019  12:19 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2019  10:40 PM)7upZ Wrote: Shouldn't Pp.Sting/Outer.Br and Pp.Outer.Volcanic' be on the equalization list?

You need to “awaken” Volcanic Dash before it becomes viable, and pP is almost never used on Bearing thanks to the burst risk, and Xtend+ being better on Outer and safer in the first stage than Outer Bearing.

I made a recent post on Pp on bearing If you want to check it out. I have reasons why it is more optimal to use than Xt+

Burst risk doesn't affect Pp on bearing unless it's judgement or Lord that is being the same height as Pp on bearing. As Br has a similar height to Volcanic and what ends up happening is that most beys will hit the disk or the bottom part of the armour. Meaning the most it will lose is its armour and 2 clicks if it goes against Judgement or Lord with the real needed fire power from the rubber and rubber driver. If judgement, lord or any other attack layer is the same height or heigher than Pp on bearing, then it will burst. Whereas, Pp on Xt+ will burst more frequently than bearing as  Xt+ is a shorter driver. Though Xt+ is more versatile as you can change the height slightly and potentially avoid getting busted due to the mode changes. Plus, it has more stamina than Br, though I say that Br has more LAD.

Outer it just meant to help it fall down if it is same spin and Sting is the same, but with more stamina and has a good chance against atomic or obiy. Or else Pp.Outer. Br is just safer than the volcanic' vers as the entire point of the combo is that it makes it hard for other beys to steal Pp's spin as it is slightly taller and spins longer. Pp.Sting.Bearing will beat all left spin combos due to the layer being taller and thin I.e lS.Vanguard.Br would lose in opposite spin eventhough the are the same height.

A week ago Corocoro posted a tourney guide for the g1 cup. In there one of the combos that was showcased using Pp.Sting.Br vs Jj.Zan.Bl.X' at 6:10 of the video.

Awoken Vl' is good, but mainly loses to B3 with Hasbro bearing. Unlike the bearing version.
pP Xt+ gets smashed by J Bl Octa. I think 7upZ has a point here. Also, I think Lord Spriggan/Dread Bahamut Gen Around Xtend+ would be good for spin equalization?
(Oct. 21, 2019  9:15 PM)Armor Wrote: pP Xt+ gets smashed by J Bl Octa. I think 7upZ has a point here. Also, I think Lord Spriggan/Dread Bahamut Gen Around Xtend+ would be good for spin equalization?

Would JD.Bl.Ch be better or worse than JD.Bl.Octa?
(Oct. 22, 2019  6:01 PM)Biggster Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2019  9:15 PM)Armor Wrote: pP Xt+ gets smashed by J Bl Octa. I think 7upZ has a point here. Also, I think Lord Spriggan/Dread Bahamut Gen Around Xtend+ would be good for spin equalization?

Would JD.Bl.Ch be better or worse than JD.Bl.Octa?

Charge seems really hard to use, and it's only a gram heavier. I think it's worse.
(Oct. 22, 2019  10:53 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2019  6:01 PM)Biggster Wrote: Would JD.Bl.Ch be better or worse than JD.Bl.Octa?

Charge seems really hard to use, and it's only a gram heavier. I think it's worse.

My Octa is 14.54 grams, which is heavier than my Charge, so I agree that Octa is indeed better on Judgment than Charge.
(Oct. 22, 2019  11:50 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2019  10:53 PM)Armor Wrote: Charge seems really hard to use, and it's only a gram heavier. I think it's worse.

My Octa is 14.54 grams, which is heavier than my Charge, so I agree that Octa is indeed better on Judgment than Charge.

That's interesting! Mine are the other way around for me. I've never heard of Octa being heavier.
pP.Ar.At / Volcanic' awaken

aH.10C.xt+

czS.10C.xt+

czS.10L/T.Br

JD.St.Br

mG.St.O

lS.St.Br

lS.Bl/0L.Xt+

hS.7C.Xt+

sP.St.Ds'

lS.Vn.Rise
(Oct. 23, 2019  2:27 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2019  11:50 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: My Octa is 14.54 grams, which is heavier than my Charge, so I agree that Octa is indeed better on Judgment than Charge.

That's interesting! Mine are the other way around for me. I've never heard of Octa being heavier.

The weight variation of parts is pretty large, I have lots of 00 ForgeDiscs are they vary up tp 0.7g
So if you have a pretty heavy Octa VS a light Charge, the Octa might be heavier indeed.
Interesting. I would check my 0 and 00 discs, but my scale only measures by the gram(no decimals)
Toss DBGen over Salamander and add Charge for attack.
Is this being actively updated? Or should we go to the other thread?
Hell Salamander Ratchet/00/10/0/7 (Wall) Bearing
May I know what is wall bearing? Can't find this part. I assume it's the tip
(Jan. 20, 2020  1:24 PM)hianghao Wrote: Hell Salamander Ratchet/00/10/0/7 (Wall) Bearing
Wall is a frame, Bearing is the driver.
(Jan. 20, 2020  3:02 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  1:24 PM)hianghao Wrote: Hell Salamander Ratchet/00/10/0/7 (Wall) Bearing
Wall is a frame, Bearing is the driver.
Got it! Thanks!
I think we should close this thread and start one for Feb. The combos listed here are pretty outdated so making a new one with new meta would be better.
(Jan. 21, 2020  11:14 AM)Orpheus Wrote: I think we should close this thread and start one for Feb. The combos listed here are pretty outdated so making a new one with new meta would be better.

A lot of the combos listed are still quite viable. It might just require some updating.
I have found the lord Spriggan (right spin) Blitz, Atomic is really good for offensive and defensive purposes. With great recoil. I used it in a tournament and did really well.
(Feb. 08, 2020  10:38 PM)g2_ Wrote: Is Imperial good?

With certain drivers, definitely. I feel it works best with plastic attack dash drivers as the low friction of the plastic helps increase burst resistance with Imperial. I have also heard Achilles works best with Imperial.
(Feb. 08, 2020  10:53 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2020  10:38 PM)g2_ Wrote: Is Imperial good?

With certain drivers, definitely. I feel it works best with plastic attack dash drivers as the low friction of the plastic helps increase burst resistance with Imperial. I have also heard Achilles works best with Imperial.
I meant in terms of attack power, my Imperial has incredible burst resistance and its in the final stage.