Burst Limited Unban Proposal: Unban Spriggan Requiem

(Aug. 29, 2020  2:33 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2020  12:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I feel the slopes as well as Hasbro Bearing existing makes SrS3 better than TT Sr. Sr’s defense isn’t really that OP though, and the attackers allowed in Limited can beat it for sure. This video right here I think shows that:
Something I find a little iffy about these tests is that there was not alternating launches, and instead Requiem was launched first, which doesn’t simulate an actual battle as well.

When I'm doing stamina tests, I always alternate my launches. That's something I forgot to mention in the OP, I'll be adding it in a few minutes.
However, when I'm doing Stamina VS Attack test with the attack beyblade using a rubber driver, I tend to launch the stamina type first.
For example, here's a test where I launched Sr first every time rather than alternating the launches:
Can one of you test Spriggan Requiem outer eternal (Opposite spin) against (whatever combo is good)? Thanks.
(Aug. 29, 2020  2:49 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2020  2:33 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Something I find a little iffy about these tests is that there was not alternating launches, and instead Requiem was launched first, which doesn’t simulate an actual battle as well.

When I'm doing stamina tests, I always alternate my launches. That's something I forgot to mention in the OP, I'll be adding it in a few minutes.
However, when I'm doing Stamina VS Attack test with the attack beyblade using a rubber driver, I tend to launch the stamina type first.
For example, here's a test where I launched Sr first every time rather than alternating the launches:
Everything you just said does nothing to the fact that the launches should be alternated. Only launching Requiem first essentially makes it an easier target.

And also, your points for the two scenarios are moot. The time between launches shouldn’t be more than four seconds, so it wouldn’t be major enough spin loss for attack types to not have enough stamina, or have Requiem burst on impact more than normal.
(Aug. 29, 2020  3:41 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2020  2:49 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: When I'm doing stamina tests, I always alternate my launches. That's something I forgot to mention in the OP, I'll be adding it in a few minutes.
Everything you just said does nothing to the fact that the launches should be alternated. Only launching Requiem first essentially makes it an easier target.

And also, your points for the two scenarios are moot. The time between launches shouldn’t be more than four seconds, so it wouldn’t be major enough spin loss for attack types to not have enough stamina, or have Requiem burst on impact more than normal.

For an attack type driver like Quick’, those first five seconds are the most important. You’re essentially handing the win to Spriggan Requiem here. If you want more accurate testing, maybe ask him to do it with someone else. I myself can do so on video if he can’t.
(Aug. 29, 2020  4:05 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2020  3:41 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Everything you just said does nothing to the fact that the launches should be alternated. Only launching Requiem first essentially makes it an easier target.

For an attack type driver like Quick’, those first five seconds are the most important. You’re essentially handing the win to Spriggan Requiem here. If you want more accurate testing, maybe ask him to do it with someone else. I myself can do so on video if he can’t.

If you could do so on video, that would be great! I have someone who can help me, but as I've stated before, I currently have no way of uploading videos to the internet.
I recorded some battles too between (left)Sr.0P.At vs zA.00E.Qc’.  The parts are very similar to BuilderROB
I just prefer proof on Sr.  Also I launched Sr pretty soft so it won’t meet the attacker at the  ridge much. I wouldn’t be comfortable taking the chance to meet the Attacker head on at the ridge, at least not consistently.  

https://youtu.be/w6ZkUcp2dYU

My over all record was:
Sr.  14 OS
zA.  1 OS and 7 KO

I think BuilderROB had 4 KOs for zA in 10 rounds?  So % not too far apart.  Altho I should point out I am not good with zA.  However, the Sr launch requires little from the user.  Introducing a Sr combo like this one into the format feels like it can be the hS of the format.
After seeing the tests of Sr on 0C/0P At against zA 00E Qc', I decided to do this test as well.
(Left, Moderate) Spriggan Requiem 0P Atomic VS Z Achilles 00E Quick'. I did 10 rounds.
Spriggan Requiem: 50% (5 OS)
Z Achilles: 50% (5 KOs)

Definitely interesting. I don't think it would be OP in this format, but I do think that it would have use. I'll probably try the same test again but put zA on Ul'.

(Left, Moderate) Spriggan Requiem 0P Atomic VS Z Achilles 00E Ultimate Reboot'. I did 10 rounds.
Spriggan Requiem: 40% (4 OS)
Z Achilles: 60% (5 KOs, 1 BF)

Note: This next test is a little different, as I had another person help me
(Left, Moderate) Spriggan Requiem 0P Atomic VS Bloody Longinus Generate
Spriggan Requiem: 30% (3 OS)
Bloody Longinus: 70% (3 BF, 3 KOs, 1 OS)
I launched Bloody Longinus the first 5 rounds, and the person who helped me launched Bloody Longinus the other 5 rounds (And vice versa).
Spriggan Requiem 7Wall Bearing Vs. Z Achilles 00Expand Quick’. I did ten rounds.

(Aug. 29, 2020  2:33 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2020  12:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I feel the slopes as well as Hasbro Bearing existing makes SrS3 better than TT Sr. Sr’s defense isn’t really that OP though, and the attackers allowed in Limited can beat it for sure. This video right here I think shows that:
Something I find a little iffy about these tests is that there was not alternating launches, and instead Requiem was launched first, which doesn’t simulate an actual battle as well.

You're supposed to launch attack second in testing.

Huge, huge, huge issue with the testing in this video. You hard launched Requiem in every battle. The ONLY acceptable launch is the one at 1:41, because its stable. The rest of the launches had the Atomic driver moving a lot, making it even more prone to being KO'd. In addition, none of these launches were soft launches, which are a necessity for opposite spin matchups.

With a soft launch, Requiem would be more stable (as Atomic wouldn't move as wild. I can't expect everyone to launch Atomic with good power and stability.) and the lower spin speed would allow Requiem to absorb some of Achilles' attack power into its own spin speed.

This is why soft launching is kinda OP.

EDIT: He didn't seem to soft launch in the video where he tested Bearing either.
(Aug. 30, 2020  4:01 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2020  2:33 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Something I find a little iffy about these tests is that there was not alternating launches, and instead Requiem was launched first, which doesn’t simulate an actual battle as well.

You're supposed to launch attack second in testing.

Huge, huge, huge issue with the testing in this video. You hard launched Requiem in every battle. The ONLY acceptable launch is the one at 1:41, because its stable. The rest of the launches had the Atomic driver moving a lot, making it even more prone to being KO'd. In addition, none of these launches were soft launches, which are a necessity for opposite spin matchups.

With a soft launch, Requiem would be more stable (as Atomic wouldn't move as wild. I can't expect everyone to launch Atomic with good power and stability.) and the lower spin speed would allow Requiem to absorb some of Achilles' attack power into its own spin speed.

This is why soft launching is kinda OP.

EDIT: He didn't seem to soft launch in the video where he tested Bearing either.

I disagree. It can be OP, but in the case of Spriggan Requiem it doesn’t make it OP.

Spriggan Requiem (Left Spin) 0Cross Atomic (Weak Launched) Vs. Z Achilles 00Expand Ultimate Reboot’ (Sliding Shoot). I did ten rounds.
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:57 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:44 PM)g2_ Wrote: I think Spriggan Requiem is too good.

The many tests say otherwise. A few Cho-Z layers have been allowed, as well as new drivers which makes me think Spriggan Requiem is not really OP, and therefore not too good.
Maybe I was Thinking of unbanning it before now with B-169 SR on Mb is tooo good! Uncertain
(Sep. 21, 2020  12:53 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:57 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: The many tests say otherwise. A few Cho-Z layers have been allowed, as well as new drivers which makes me think Spriggan Requiem is not really OP, and therefore not too good.
Maybe I was Thinking of unbanning it before now with B-169 SR on Mb is tooo good! Uncertain

At the time the posts you quoted were posted, the B-169 had already been out for a month.
Yes, Mobius is a good driver for opposite spin, but its same spin is bad without a certain disk that is banned in Limited format.
With that said, Mobius shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I wanted to bring this back up with the latest updates.
(Nov. 27, 2020  8:48 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I wanted to bring this back up with the latest updates.

I mean, if you're talking about "latest updates" back towards the end of September I did testing that seemed very different from the other people testing. Spriggan Requiem (in left spin) was doing quite well compared to the other test results which seemed to have it losing? https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...pid1629437

Then in mid October, I had done testing exclusively with Right Spin Spriggan Requiem, because I think the layer would be fine in Limited if locked into right spin only which didn't get much attention. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...Discussion

Overall I think left spin Requiem would be pretty OP while right spin would fit in just fine.
I wonder how it would do against deep chaos on atomic. I am all for unbanning just because but I want to see if it would throw off the balance.
(Nov. 28, 2020  1:05 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2020  8:48 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I wanted to bring this back up with the latest updates.

I mean, if you're talking about "latest updates" back towards the end of September I did testing that seemed very different from the other people testing. Spriggan Requiem (in left spin) was doing quite well compared to the other test results which seemed to have it losing? https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...pid1629437

Then in mid October, I had done testing exclusively with Right Spin Spriggan Requiem, because I think the layer would be fine in Limited if locked into right spin only which didn't get much attention. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...Discussion

Overall I think left spin Requiem would be pretty OP while right spin would fit in just fine.

Yes in my opinion Spriggan Requim has no good counter or bey on equal terms as it in left spin. However I'd be glad to comment on your thread about Spriggan Requim in Right Spin only.
spriggan requiem is a good bey, but in left spin it can be beat, in right spin it is still good. I also know that if in left spin it mostly depends on the combo that is being used. I think that they should un-ban spriggan requiem for right spin only since left spin is kinda op.