Burst GT Random Testing Thread

There is one of these for classic, so I figured I'd do one up for Burst GT while we're in this initial data-gathering phase. This thread is for tests that you don't feel need a thread (or you've used for reference), but which you (admirably) still wish to have recorded should someone wish to refer to them. 

Don't be afraid to make a thread though if the part you are testing doesn't have one, but this can be good for well known parts or even things that you thought might work but just... Don't! That's okay! This way we can learn from that and maybe build on your idea. 

Just remember - please keep it to tests and discussion of tests only, and please follow These Guidelines when posting tests.
Just for the memes, I put Geist on Zwei's stock to see how good it was for Attack.
I used normal LR Launchers (only 1 Power Gear, plus it can get faulty sometimes) in standard.
gF.Dr.Sp' vs aK. Ω .Et
ak:2 wins (2OS)
gF:0 wins
gF win percentage:0%
gF.Dr.Sp'vs hS. Ω .Et
hS: 0 wins
gF:2 wins (1 Burst, 1 OS)

Just to check of its really that good, I put against rage for fun and it lost ofc to stamina.
Wanted to share combo testing, so I used a random idea I had.
Some tests I've done for benchmarking that probs don't need their own thread BC the combos are either known or meh.

Zwei Diabolos1 Convert Qc' vs Archer Hercules 00 Keep'
aH launched about 50% strength. Zwei launched FULL YEET. Convert in Balanced Mode
Zwei Win Rate: 40% (all KO)
aH Win Rate: 60% (5 OS, 1 KO)

Imperial Valkyrie 00Wall Drift
Vs
Zwei Diabolos1 Convert Qc'

Standard Procedure. Imperial is Mold 2 from Pro Command Dragon
Imperial Win Rate: 30% (all OS)
Zwei Win Rate: 70% (all KO)
This imperial combo isn't that great, but the key thing is it also works as an LLD counter without also murking Zwei as much (the two may be left spin dragons but they work very differently).

Imperial Valkyrie 00Expand Destroy'
Vs
Lord Dragon2 Wheel (Hasbro, 2*) Xtend+(TT, Stamina) (RIGHT)

Standard Procedure, Lord launched first. Imperial is Mold 2 from Pro Command Dragon, fully awakened.
Imperial Win Rate: 70% (4OS, 3KO)
Lord Win Rate: 30% (2OS, 1KO)
Draws: 1 Double KO
If it can make enough contact, Imperial just bullies lord into submission.

Judgment (Pro) Achilles Sting Xtreme' (Red Rubber) Goku
Vs
Tact Longinus Ratchet Drift Goku

Standard procedure except tact is weak launched
Judgment Win Rate: 70% (7 KO)
Tact Win Rate: 30% (2OS, 1 KO)
Great pallette cleanser, Tact is actually pretty monstrous to be honest - this is on drift. A lot scarier than Master IMO. Still, Judgment is burst's greatest monster, and the only thing that can stop it when launched well are wall saves here.
I want to make Erase viable, so I made a combo:
Erase Longinus 00Star Destroy' Zan vs Hell Salamander Outer Eternal
Erase Longinus: 1 Burst, 1 Ring Out
Hell Salamander: 2 OS
Erase does have attack power, if it can connect. Then again my Salamander is rather over used.

Erase Longinus 00Star Destroy' Zan vs Archer Hercules Outer Eternal
Archer Hercules: 3 OS
I guess Erase opp spin isn't that great.

Erase Longinus 00Star Bearing' vs Archer Hercules outer Eternal
Archer Hercules: 2 OS
Erase Longinus: 1OS
2 Draws
Bearing' saved it a bit, I guess.

LAD time!
aC 0 Et vs hS 0 Mun
hS=3 OS
2 draws
Mun>Et

aC 0 Et vs hS 0 Br'

5 draws

For fun I also tried Sh and Al (both modes) on hS. The former (no gimmick) lost 2-0, the latter barely even got matches (only 2 losses)
could someone test a winning valkrye combo? i'm curious to see how it holds up against some of the gt layers.
(Feb. 26, 2022  12:37 PM)DragoonGalaxy15 Wrote: could someone test  a winning valkrye combo? i'm curious to see how it holds up against some of the gt layers.

I've tried it briefly before putting it back in the "parts I don't use" box. Not good.
(Feb. 26, 2022  1:28 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2022  12:37 PM)DragoonGalaxy15 Wrote: could someone test  a winning valkrye combo? i'm curious to see how it holds up against some of the gt layers.

I've tried it briefly before putting it back in the "parts I don't use" box. Not good.

ouch :skull:
If you want a Cho Z layer for attack uhhh Dead Hades is the best I've got so far but I don't have a lot of Cho-Z. It can KO same spin stamina pretty reliably, but not much more than that.
(Feb. 26, 2022  2:05 PM)th!nk Wrote: If you want a Cho Z layer for attack uhhh Dead Hades is the best I've got so far but I don't have a lot of Cho-Z. It can KO same spin stamina pretty reliably, but not much more than that.

might have some kind of niche use someone could discover later

Odd Combo: Turbo Spryzen S4 Vanguard Volcanic-S
in short, a same-spin anti-anti attack combo lol

The goal is to aim for the center with a very precise and angled launch, and use the high speed and K.O Resistance of Volcanic and the heavy weight of Vanguard to drain the opponent's stamina, and if the opponent isn't ko'd, use the Precession of Volcanic-S and the round, defensive shape of Turbo Spryzen to outspin combos

a very niche and challenging combo, but if used right, an effective one
testing against my only viable anti attacker: Imperial Dragon 7Glave Destroy

Turbo Spryzen S4 Vanguard Volcanic-S Vs Imperial Dragon 7Glave Destroy
best out of 3
Imperial Dragon: Spin Finish
Turbo Spryzen: Over Finish

Like i said, you need to launch VERY precisely in the center to maximize this combo's potential.
most of the rounds, Volcanic was being... very... well, Volcanic.

what do you guys think?

with more testing, i found that, when launched correctly, Spryzen was able to properly defeat and even burst Dragon, just takes a little skill.
As a meme, I tried 10 rounds of aH.Sh.

Against SJ.Outer.Ds', it won 8- 10 times, even a lucky burst.

When I changed the layer to hS, it got demolished and never won.
Just found a Hidden Gem of a driver for Turbo Spryzen, will write about it Tomorrow

(the driver is Prevail-S)
(Apr. 07, 2022  9:29 PM)DragoonGalaxy15 Wrote: Just found a Hidden Gem of a driver for Turbo Spryzen, will write about it Tomorrow

(the driver is Prevail-S)

Prevail-S has very solid same spin (actually if you illegally put it on TT layers, it can OS HXt+' in mirror matches). However tS4 is kinda mediocre for same spin unfortunately.
I tried making a union (power) combo and tested it out against naked diabolos and curse Solomon

Union achilles convert ev' retsu vs naked diabolos2 0 zn'+z goku
Results
Union 35% win rate ( all ko's)
Naked 65% win rate (11 os 2 ko's)

Union achilles convert Ev' retsu vs curse solomon (mcc) 0 unite' 1s
Results
Union 20% (2 ko's 2 os)
Curse 80%(12 os 4 ko's)

Honestly union isn't that good
Maybe has a niche but i dont think union is competitively viable
(Apr. 11, 2022  8:32 PM)DedZeY Wrote: I tried making a union (power) combo and tested it out against naked diabolos and curse Solomon

Union achilles convert ev' retsu vs naked diabolos2 0 zn'+z goku
Results
Union 35% win rate ( all ko's)
Naked 65% win rate (11 os 2 ko's)

Union achilles convert Ev' retsu vs curse solomon (mcc) 0 unite' 1s
Results
Union 20% (2 ko's 2 os)
Curse 80%(12 os 4 ko's)

Honestly union isn't that good
Maybe has a niche but i dont think union is competitively viable
I actually tried something similiar. Union (power) Valkryie Sting Ev’ (very awakened) Metsu. The whole idea was for it to counter attack types you’d see a lot like judgement and Zwei. My Zwei is very off balance, when it gets 1 click the driver half disconnects from the layer so I couldn’t do that. But it did do pretty well against judgement. I’ve found imperial to be better than Union power on this combo but with imperial it is a bit more prone to bursting. Not too much though as this combo focuses more on hitting from the side rather than directly.
Was bored so did some attack type tests vs wizard on wave cuz i like wave

Zwei Longinus blitz quick zan vs wizard fafnir 0turn wave’ goku

Zwei: 9 ko 3 bf
Wizard fafnir : 6 os 1 bf
Wizard win rate : 35%
Did better than expected and surprised me with that burst

Wizard fafnir 0turn wave’ vs judgment achillies blitz quick zan

Judgment: 12 ko 3 bf
Wizard: 5 os
Judgment absolutely destroyed wizard , like complete annihilation
Some wizard stamina test as i did vs attack last time

Alternating launches
Wizard fafnir 0cross bearing goku vs master diabolos 0bump xtend+
Wizard : 10 os
Master : 8 os 2 bf
Wizard win% :50
Seemed more like whoever is launched first wins

Trying to see whether naked or wizard has better same spin (im using identical parts)

Naked diabolos 2 0 wave zan vs wizard diabolos 2 0 wave’
Wizard: 13 os
Naked: 7 os
Wizard win %: 65 %
Wizard seems to have better same spin than naked

Opp spin test

Wizard fafnir 0cross wave’ goku vs perfect pheonix 0bump wave

Wizard: 1 os
Pp: 3 os
(10 draws)
Wizard win: 75%
Wizard lost that

For example naked

Naked diabolos 1 0 cross wave’ goku vs Perfect pheonix 0bump wave

Naked:2 os
Pp: 2 os
(7 draws)

Wizard seems to have better same spin than naked but worse opp spin
I mean you have master and lord which are better than both but still p intresting
Since my Burst collection is pretty much GT-era focused, I was trying out some off-beat combos and I got something that might not be GOOD but is at least interesting: Orb Egis 10 Proof Power. The concept is using Orb's slopes and low-profile with Power, which lets it go under taller beyblades and destabilize them using the spring. If someone wants to screw around with it, it might be interesting - I'm still waiting on my Lord and I'm lacking too many parts to actually make a test post, but it probably beats most right-spin stamina and it went even with Zwei Diabolus Vanguard Extreme' (if it tanks the first hit it outspins it). Probably falls flat against the Big Bearings, but it's nice to launch what is pretty much a compact.
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:33 AM)Guelerme Wrote: Since my Burst collection is pretty much GT-era focused, I was trying out some off-beat combos and I got something that might not be GOOD but is at least interesting: Orb Egis 10 Proof Power. The concept is using Orb's slopes and low-profile with Power, which lets it go under taller beyblades and destabilize them using the spring. If someone wants to screw around with it, it might be interesting - I'm still waiting on my Lord and I'm lacking too many parts to actually make a test post, but it probably beats most right-spin stamina and it went even with Zwei Diabolus Vanguard Extreme' (if it tanks the first hit it outspins it). Probably falls flat against the Big Bearings, but it's nice to launch what is pretty much a compact.
Pretty interesting idea , i would test it but i don't have orb egis
(Apr. 20, 2023  11:21 AM)DedZeY Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:33 AM)Guelerme Wrote: Since my Burst collection is pretty much GT-era focused, I was trying out some off-beat combos and I got something that might not be GOOD but is at least interesting: Orb Egis 10 Proof Power. The concept is using Orb's slopes and low-profile with Power, which lets it go under taller beyblades and destabilize them using the spring. If someone wants to screw around with it, it might be interesting - I'm still waiting on my Lord and I'm lacking too many parts to actually make a test post, but it probably beats most right-spin stamina and it went even with Zwei Diabolus Vanguard Extreme' (if it tanks the first hit it outspins it). Probably falls flat against the Big Bearings, but it's nice to launch what is pretty much a compact.
Pretty interesting idea , i would test it but i don't have orb egis

Well I do! 
Orb Egis 0 proof power VS Zwei Diabolos sting quick'
Orb: 2 OS
Zwei: 7 KO and 1 OS
Orb Egis win rate: 20% or less
Overall, this combo isn't really good. It's a good concept but the spring doesn't really work on power. Lastly you just have to normal straight launch Zwei to win almost every time (not even a hard straight launch).
(Apr. 22, 2023  1:43 AM)lil-iz Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2023  11:21 AM)DedZeY Wrote: Pretty interesting idea , i would test it but i don't have orb egis

Well I do! 
Overall, this combo isn't really good. It's a good concept but the spring doesn't really work on power. Lastly you just have to normal straight launch Zwei to win almost every time (not even a hard straight launch).

Just to make sure, did you try lighter launches for that matchup? For me, sometimes Zwei smashes the carp out of Egis, sometimes Egis ends up equalizing after being thrown around, but my Extreme driver is not really very fresh, so... 

If it did slightly better on that matchup and against stamina drift/bdr it could be a silly low-tier combo, hehe.
(Apr. 22, 2023  5:08 AM)Guelerme Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2023  1:43 AM)lil-iz Wrote: Well I do! 

Just to make sure, did you try lighter launches for that matchup? For me, sometimes Zwei smashes the carp out of Egis, sometimes Egis ends up equalizing after being thrown around, but my Extreme driver is not really very fresh, so... 

If it did slightly better on that matchup and against stamina drift/bdr it could be a silly low-tier combo, hehe.

Yeah, but zwei weighs way more so even a soft launch doesn't help much. Also my quick' has better LAD than Power surprisingly.
(Apr. 22, 2023  5:24 AM)lil-iz Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2023  5:08 AM)Guelerme Wrote: Just to make sure, did you try lighter launches for that matchup? For me, sometimes Zwei smashes the carp out of Egis, sometimes Egis ends up equalizing after being thrown around, but my Extreme driver is not really very fresh, so... 

Yeah, but zwei weighs way more so even a soft launch doesn't help much. Also my quick' has better LAD than Power surprisingly.

Ah, I'll take it as me needing better rubber drivers for testing, hehe. My Zwei combo would bounce it around but not always knock it out, which made me a bit hopeful for the idea. I wonder if it can destabilize Drift tho...

Of course, Judgement just slaughters it, but I got a couple of wins by out-LADing it. Maybe it can be a proof-of-concept for something in Classic or Limited, who knows?