Building a Plastic Top Tier List!

Tests would be great!

From personal experience with the base I can say SG Grip Change Base is much faster than Storm Grip Base, but suffers from being rather tall.

--

EDIT; Also, while we are working on a plastic top tier list, why no HMS love?
HMS should be simple, but I dunno anything about them. Make a new thread for it, or something. We could do it here if everyone wants to though.

Updating my SCB thingy parts list based on Bluezee's feedback. Apparently, Screw Zeus is the best AR for it, and Volcano Change is worth including.
Why not stick to one and then get to the other? HMS would be a lot easier though, wouldn't it?
Also an idea we thought. But i don't have too much HMS atm.
They are arriving ^^' xD!
I'll let this to guys with more knowledge on them :]
Because platics are a lot cheaper, easier and more interesting.
I don't have any of my HMS anymore, but I remember a whole lot about the meta game. HMS was my favorite series, competitively.

I could probably throw together a rough draft based on memory, but I'd really like some members who have HMS do some tests to validate it first. Sorry for derailing this topic. Back to the plastics!
Have we mentioned Upper Attack + Upper Claw for Upper Attack Customizations?
By the way what do you think about Smash Turtle and War Monkey with its rispective SUB-AR?
And what about Voltaic\Vortex Ape? I think each component of that Beys could be use in a Top Tier Combo,from 1 to 3.
Upper Attack + Upper Claw needs more discussion, but I've mentioned it.
Smash Turtle is probably top-tier defence, for weight based, with Wide Defense.
War Monkey is Tier 2, supposedly, from beywiki or w/e
I don't know much about voltaic ape, other than the SP are top tier for zombies. The AR apparently has too much recoil for Compacts/Zombies. I know nothing about the base.
(Jul. 22, 2011  8:37 PM)Galaxy Wrote: Have we mentioned Upper Attack + Upper Claw for Upper Attack Customizations?
By the way what do you think about Smash Turtle and War Monkey with its rispective SUB-AR?
And what about Voltaic\Vortex Ape? I think each component of that Beys could be use in a Top Tier Combo,from 1 to 3.

Upper-Claw and Upper-Attack would be great together, if there was a base low enough to accomodate them. I remember seeing people who could shoot Customize Change Base with a fairly decent flower pattern, but I'd still prefer something with a bit more movement.

War Monkey is great for defense, one of the best IMO. Guardian_Odin favored Smash Turtle, but I never really liked it for defense.
I'd imagine one of the Customise Grip style bases would do it? Still waiting on my Driger V2 of course Tongue_out

Deikailo likes Smash Turtle IIRC, and it should logically be as good as Upper Dragoon for it.

As for War Monkey: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Galman

I guess that could be top tier defense? Someone should search for testing or discussion to see if there's any. That someone should not be me Tongue_out
You guys should all check this out if you haven't already. As ♥ said in the thread, it's an "oasis of knowledge and amazing discussion" of HMS/Plastics between some of the most experienced, knowledgeable Bladers in the game.

Additionally, there is also these threads that might have some good information:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade-Tier-List
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Parts-Tiers

I'll let this thread continue since we haven't really had a dedicated "Plastics Tier List" thread yet. If someone would like to create an HMS one, feel free to do so!
We got to start somewhere here's my attempt at ARs for defence:

Tier 1

War Lion (don't know the name)
Tiger Defencer
Smash Turtle

Tier 2

War Monkey
Panther Claw (According to a thread I read it has some defence in left spin)
Upper Dragoon
Draciel G AR (Doesn't look as bad as some of the other Draciel ARs)
Vortex ape AR
I think we should start to write some presumable Top Tier Combos in defense Customizations, to see if we can to start to create the natural life of combos
Attack-Defense-Endurance.
Defense customizations are the centre of the "natural life" of Beyblade.
If we create some confused combos,we will not have the evidences if our work do results or not!
What do you think?
I'd rather just set up a top tier list first, as I've said, and we can leave the lower tiers for later or, in my personal preference, another thread/list. Remember, we only have a TOP tier list in the advanced forum for MFB, and IMO we should be using that as a guide. We do have to keep in mind the subcategories, as they are vital.

Ultrablader, I gotta be honest, I really dislike the format you've chosen there. You've mixed in the AR's used for grip and weight based defence, which need to be separated. I preferred your original layout (though it needed a balance group).

I am pretty sure we already decided the format, so can we just focus on actually getting the TOP tier stuff sorted now?

Kei: Thanks for that link, I'll download it later on Grin
(Jul. 22, 2011  9:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'd rather just set up a top tier list first, as I've said, and we can leave the lower tiers for later or, in my personal preference, another thread/list. Remember, we only have a TOP tier list in the advanced forum for MFB, and IMO we should be using that as a guide.

And it's been decided. We will work first for the TOP Tier,than for the 2\3 Tiers.
But what about my point? I don't want it will be shadowed by other points,i think it's quite important to choose our line of work to have the evidences on our discussions!
Yeah, I know, but I think they should be separated from the actual top-tier stuff, for professionality.

No offence Ultrablader, but I don't want this to be another list similar to your parts tiers list, it serves it's purpose, but that purpose is not what we're aiming for here, we're looking at something more like the "Competitive Combo's" thread.
Of course, both the competitive combo and parts tier list threads exist, and I think we should do the same thing here. Once we've written this thread, we'll have a solid starting point to do a "parts tiers list", as we'll have all the tier 1 parts, and a lot of stuff that we'll have decided is tier 2.

I've said before I really don't think we need to do this piece-by-piece, seeing as we can just go back and read old posts in this thread to see if we've missed anything.
This shouldn't be that hard to do, at least an initial draft, I mean, I've basically given the foundations/starting points for each category of beyblades already.

All we need is to use those foundations, and we can continue from there, adding or removing things as we see fit, after testing (if required).

Sorry if I'm being pushy here, I just want to get this done as quickly as possible, and this IMO is the way to do it.

Kinda why I don't normally do collaborative work, because I'm quite opinionated Tongue_out
(Jul. 22, 2011  9:42 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, I know, but I think they should be separated from the actual top-tier stuff, for professionality.

No offence Ultrablader, but I don't want this to be another list similar to your parts tiers list, it serves it's purpose, but that purpose is not what we're aiming for here, we're looking at something more like the "Competitive Combo's" thread.
Of course, both the competitive combo and parts tier list threads exist, and I think we should do the same thing here. Once we've written this thread, we'll have a solid starting point to do a "parts tiers list", as we'll have all the tier 1 parts, and a lot of stuff that we'll have decided is tier 2.

I've said before I really don't think we need to do this piece-by-piece, seeing as we can just go back and read old posts in this thread to see if we've missed anything.
This shouldn't be that hard to do, at least an initial draft, I mean, I've basically given the foundations/starting points for each category of beyblades already.

All we need is to use those foundations, and we can continue from there, adding or removing things as we see fit, after testing (if required).

Sorry if I'm being pushy here, I just want to get this done as quickly as possible, and this IMO is the way to do it.

Kinda why I don't normally do collaborative work, because I'm quite opinionated Tongue_out

I don't agree with the bolded sentence. This is a project that needs a lot of work. I hope your "as quickly as possible" doesn't mean "1 week" ;]

By the way,so is fixed that we can start to discuss for some Top defensive combos that will be our "laboratory instruments" against Attack and Stamina Customizations?
I think it's the right way,then if these 3 basic categories will work we can focus our attenction on other categories as OHKO,Zombie,Compact etc..!
(Jul. 22, 2011  9:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: Megablader(not my name any more), I gotta be honest, I really dislike the format you've chosen there. You've mixed in the AR's used for grip and weight based defence, which need to be separated. I preferred your original layout (though it needed a balance group).

I didn't think lumping them together would make much difference.
It will, we need those subcategories, as using Upper Dragoon on a grip defender (zombie) for example, won't work.

Sorry about the name thing, I keep doing that Tired

Galaxy:
Oh, I understand this will take a while, but a basic setup will only take a little, as it can just be taken from beywiki etc.
I've already summarised everything except OHKO (and compacts/zombies, which have articles that do it fine), though some of it needs to be checked by you guys to make sure I haven't misunderstood anything Tongue_out

But yeah, I understand what you mean about getting some basic defence combo's down.

I already laid out the basic defense combo's earlier (though don't use Fortress Base, as that's something I'm not sure of), so I guess we can use those? That's just based off beywiki.
(Jul. 22, 2011  9:42 PM)th!nk Wrote: No offence Ultrablader, but I don't want this to be another list similar to your parts tiers list, it serves it's purpose, but that purpose is not what we're aiming for here, we're looking at something more like the "Competitive Combo's" thread. Of course, both the competitive combo and parts tier list threads exist, and I think we should do the same thing here. Once we've written this thread, we'll have a solid starting point to do a "parts tiers list", as we'll have all the tier 1 parts, and a lot of stuff that we'll have decided is tier 2.

I don't really see what you mean since we agreed earlier to do it by parts and that's all I did. I thought the point of this thread was to make the parts tier list. What are we making with this thread then cause i'm confused Confused
Look at the first example of a layout you posted, and how I posted things.
It is a parts tier list, but we need to divide it into categories to ensure all the combinations of parts actually result in good combo's.

I've pretty much explained how I've envisioned this already, like 3 times. :\
Okay I see. The way you've done it you've listed parts but only the ones that go together so that any ar, wd, SG and BB can be chosen and it will work well. Got it!
It's as close to the format of the "Competitive Combo's" thread as you can get with the huge number of viable parts that plastics offer. That's the concept.

Everyone cool with that?

And are we okay on separating the Tier 2/3 stuff for another thread or separate section, just to avoid it getting too cluttered.
I'm also okay to have them included in the main tier list, but in their own spoiler, as a compromise between listing and separating them?

Just like
Quote:Defence

Grip-Based Defense

AR

WD

SG

BB

SPOILER: Tier 2/3
>>AR
>>WD
>>SG
>>BB
/SPOILER

Weight Based

and so on
As a rough example.
Due to how large each tier will be it would be pretty rediculous not to have them all in spoilers.
IMO the top tier parts wouldn't be spoilered. I really don't think it'd be long enough to justify it. That said, we can decide that once we've actually decided the parts within the tiers Tongue_out