"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
Aha. That's what I'd heard a bit, but never really bothered looking into for... well, basically currency reasons. Good to know it did have purpose, though! I might pick one up just to tinker with in my little Earth Meta playsessions...
So what's the conclusion? I'm surprised to find that Burn is better than earth in stamina though.
The conclusion depends on where you are, but Earth is generally more useful than Burn.
Is it really that hard to figure that out yourself from reading the discussion?
No. Not at all. I was just expecting the unexcpected.
(Jan. 31, 2012  11:10 AM)th!nk Wrote: Back when Earth meta was the meta, Burn was the top stamina wheel other than 5 Minute Virgo molds. So it did pretty well, seeing as no one seemed to have one of them 5min virgo's.

If I may add, Burn, 5 minute Virgos, etc. were great only when it came to pure Stamina.
The most important, and probably the most understandable reason was-
Earth was sufficiently more difficult to KO than any other wheel at that time (yes, Libra was tougher, but Libra was banned at that time...).

But yes, the reasons for Burn being easier to KO is of course the product of factors like- high recoil, lower weight, etc. Smile
Yeah, but Earth 145WD is not really any harder to KO than Burn 145WD. It gets interesting at low tracks, burn just became outclassed because other things took away it's main ability (being able to outspin almost anything else).
It is?
OK, I know that Burn was able to outspin almost anything else. But there might be some reason as to why Earth bettered out Burn? Here again, we may see a scenario similar to that of Lightning. It wasn't outclassed for long, but fell out of use due to Basalt. The Lightning BD145LRF combo which claimed to consistently defeat Basalt combos was slightly overrated...
Anything similar in Burn's case?
We may not directly say that Earth outclassed Burn, as probably something else did that. But seemingly, that "something" did not affect Earth much. Isn't it?
But if we look back into the details of that time now, all I can see is- Earth outclasses(I explained why the word outclassed can't be used. Smile) is better than Burn because it is tougher to KO, when used on a top tier Stamina combo.
Earth replaced Burn because Burn lost to Hell, whereas Earth still stood some small chance. Earth never took the number 1 spot from burn, Hell did that, but when that happened, Earth's better ability against Hell and BD145 (due to having some level of grind and chance KO resistance), meant that it stayed viable, while Burn was now a 100% loss against one of the most common beyblades in the metagame. There were some interesting things with height, too, but Hell was the factor that made Burn unusable, while Earth kept doing what it always did.

So, Earth didn't kill Burn, Hell killed Burn and Earth clambered over its corpse.
OK, thanks a lot, th!nk. Smile
My questions are answered, thanks to your answers here, and parallel discussions in Beyblade Random Thoughts.
imports
Gravity Perseus AD145 WD
Screw Capricorn 90 MF
Scythe Chronos T125 EDS
Ray Gil 100 RSF
Hell Kerbecs BD 145 DS
Phantom Orion BGrin

hasbros
Dark Wolf DF145 FS (two pack with serpent)
Ray Serpent M145 MS (two pack with wolf)
Evil Pisces ED145 WD (two pack with virgo)
Earth Virgo GB145 BS (two pack with pisces)
Hyper Orso SW145 JB (two pack with cetus)
Grand Cetus WD145 RS (two pack with orso)[WD145 needed a piece cut so tip would fit, rubber portion of RS is misaligned with rest of tip on an angle]
Torch Gemios W105 CS (two pack with zurafa)[CS rubber portion way to long. Effectively a Rubber Hole Flat]
Rock Zurafa R145 WB (two pack with gemios)
Thermal Pisces T125 ES
Midnight Bull 125 SF
Twisted Tempo 145 WD
Burn Fireblaze 135 MS

other gear
grip, grip rubber, and extender used with LR launcher from Gravity Perseus
Bolt Blast Stadium
Two Metal Face 2 sets (orange & clear)

Customs made with these that I like enough to consider posting in order of my favorite not necessarily performance. I highly doubt any "competitive" ones in there with the exception of possibly #5

MF-H Screw Gemios 90 WB
Gave it the Heavy face bolt for added attack when its roaming. Threw Gemios on screw to expose more of the slopes, threw WB on as after exposing slopes it tended to toss opposing beys (any that werent low atleast) upwards and well... physics dictates that it have an equal and opposite reaction. With other tips it would effectively be stuck on a fatal tilt. With the ball it moves and stabalizes. Add in the fact that the ball series of tips seems to have a low profile it helps it undercut that much more. I love this bey for attack. It may not win most the time but when it wins its usually a pretty neat looking battle. Next upgrade I plan is a MB tip possibly.

MF-F Twisted Serpent W105 ES
Well where to start. First i gave it the 105 to lower it so the unbalanced wheel wouldn't have to worry about something slipping under it. Next the ES gives it the stamina it needs to keep going. The feather facebolt I gave it to further try and help its stamina. Serpent? Well.. that was mostly cause I like how it looked with it and with the naming conventions of beyblades.. "Twisted Serpent" sounds pretty badass heh. That and it seemed pretty well rounded with a good balance and decent weight. All around this bey tends to have a pretty high win rate. Only one of my customs reliably beats it and we'll get to that beast later. Next plan? Maybe pick up a EWD and see which works better, currently I prefer the performance ES gives over EDS.

MF-H Hell Kerbecs DF145 WD
Yes, I know, blasphemy for not using BD145 with the only wheel that can utilize the good side of it. On the other hand the wide wheel plus the tall base makes for some rather interesting wobble fights. In the future I plan to get some taller tracks to see if that might make it even more offensive. See generally when this one gets its lean on it moves fairly quick generally slamming something with that wide disk pretty hard and righting itself in the same smack. Like Screw Gemios, not as high a win rate as most but a good show when its in the stadium. Future plans, taller tracks!

MF-F Phantom Chronos BGrin
Not much to say here. Threw the light bolt on and chronos as they made the middle even lighter (gemios already claimed by screw), helping put more of the weight on the outside. Future plans, lighter clear wheels.

Scythe Orion 100 JB
This is the aformentioned "beast" that beats twisted serpent... and most other stuff I throw at it. This one is one made off one of my screwy sidways approaches. Basically one day I thought "I wonder what it would be like if I made a really low to the stadium bey that was really wide." From there i considered taking Hell and seeing what I could do but then I saw scythe looked about as wide, more of a round shape, and most importantly seemed to drop down around the track where Hell raises up off the track. So I threw it on 100 and first ran it with a MS tip. It was alright but didn't really do much cept kina play a reverse king of the hill ("I'm bottom go away!") with the center of the stadium. so after some experimenting i found that the B group of tips also has a low profile, gave it a try with JB and haven't looked back. Now its sort of agressive and in general has a darn good win ratio. Orion was picked pretty much for its look. I flipped back and forth between Twisted and Orion for their thinner shape, but eventually settled on orion as its color looks nice with the scythes and the shape compliments the plastic scythes better. As stated earlier this has about a 50/50 rate with Twisted Serpent. Future plans? Get another metal face set and figure out which way to go, light or heavy? Which way?
Your combo's are not the best but these should be better:
Attack: MF Gravity perseus R145 MF ( get an RF!!!) (used to be top tier (with an RF)but is now outclassed by Blitz and VariAres)
Defense: MF Twisted Bull BD145 RS/CS/RSF (top tier!!)
Stamina: Phantom Bull BD145/AD145 WD/EDS (top tier!!)
please make a good hasbro stadium combo with these beys:

dark wolf-storm pegasus-flame libra-legend thunder libra-legend inferno sagitario-legend cyber pegasus-killer beafowl-hell kerbecs-meteo l.drago- rock aquario-lightning l.drago-earth eagle-earth virgo-flame byxis-mercury anubis- l.drago destroy-big bang pegasus-scythe kronos-blitz unicorno-ray unicorno-jade jupiter and dark bull i maybe have some other s but i can,t remember right now.

here are the beys i am gonna buy:phantom orion and ultimate reshuffle set l.drago version

please sent a collum about the combo,s for me right now and an other for my fertued beys with them

sorry if i make much write mistakes. i don,t live in a land where they speak english (american,s) but i,l do my best to improve that.
Attack: Blitz Unicorno 100 RF (top tier!!)
Defense: Earth Bull BD145 CS
Stamina: Scythe Kronos BD145/100 WD/SD/EDS
with the other beys included it stays what it is now(I think) but you can make 2 top tier Stamina combos
so:
Attack: Blitz Unicorno 100 RF (top tier!!)
Defense: Earth Bull BD145 CS ( get basalt horogium to be top tier)
Stamina: Scythe Kronos BD145/100 WD/SD/EDS (top tier!!!)
OR Phantom Bull BD145 WD/SD/EDS ( top tier!!)
PS: I speak dutch so i'm not good in English to!!!
phantom,cyber,2xstorm,burn,rock,gravity

orion,pegasusx2,capricorne,fireblaze,leone,perseus

145,ad145,105,135,

wd,wb,rf(worn),f,q,b:d

any good combo?
If your RF is still aggresive, use it for attack, otherwise use F.
Phantom is pretty much your only good wheel.
Attack: Phantom AD145RF
Stamina: Phantom AD145WD
Defense: Phantom AD145WB
Endurance Combos, Defense Combos, Attack Combos, and Compact Combos (if possible) with Galman, Driger G, Driger V2, Dragoon S, Dragoon V2
I have a lightning l dragon 100 cs (ray strikers tip) and then I put dragos hf on ray striker and it beats my drago. Is this supposed to happen?
That's happening because I'm guessing you have a hasbro stadium. Hole Flat does awesome on Hasbro stadiums.
It also depends on what type of CS you have...Agressive, Semi Agressive,or calm.
(Jan. 31, 2012  11:03 PM)Hyper27 Wrote: That's happening because I'm guessing you have a hasbro stadium. Hole Flat does awesome on Hasbro stadiums.
It also depends on what type of CS you have...Agressive, Semi Agressive,or calm.

Ty its probably the stadium because I have the burning firestrike stadium with three lines in the middle
Sucks I need the Tamara tomy stadium everyone has
Yeah. Well the HF does good in hasbro stadiums mostly cuz of the surface and slope and the walls and pockets. HF barely has grip and it has increased stamina in hasbro stadiums since it swirls around in a circle (since you cannot sliding shoot with it).
Earth eagle 145wd lightning l dragon 100hf, earth wolf 145wd, dark libra ed145sd, flame Aries h145fs, rock Orso d125b, thermal lacerta wdhf, evil Pisces ed145wd, grand cetus t125rs, ray striker d125cs, earth virgo gb145bs, thunder Leone gb145bs, rock Aries ed145b, flame Aries h145fs, rock zurafa r145wb, torch gemios w105cs. Just want to know the bestcombos in any 4 types
(Jan. 31, 2012  11:31 PM)diablokerbecs Wrote: Earth eagle 145wd lightning l dragon 100hf, earth wolf 145wd, dark libra ed145sd, flame Aries h145fs, rock Orso d125b, thermal lacerta wdhf, evil Pisces ed145wd, grand cetus t125rs, ray striker d125cs, earth virgo gb145bs, thunder Leone gb145bs, rock Aries ed145b, flame Aries h145fs, rock zurafa r145wb, torch gemios w105cs. Just want to know the bestcombos in any 4 types

Earth Gemios 100 WD(stamina)
Lighting L Drago 100 CS(IF Cs is aggressive.) OR HF if in a Hasbro Stadium.
Ray Striker 100 CS/HF(ATTACK)(See above)
Earth ___GB145 CS/RS(Defense)
Im looking for a good stamina, attack, and defense combo out of my beys.

Flame saggitario, rock pegasus, flame aires, rock orso,earth virgo, evil pisces, thermal pisces, burn fireblaze, galaxy pegasus, storm pegasus, storm aquario, fury capricorn, poison pegasus, poison serpent, dark wolf, ray striker, ray keel, ray serpent, midnight bull, night virgo, inferno saggitario, thermal lacerta, thunder libra hyper aquario, cyber pegasus, rock zurafa, gravity perseus, basalt horogium, susanow -----, one metal face, flame bixis, lightning l-drago, meteo ldrago, sol blaze, and grand cetus
Also i have torch gemios
Attack: MF Lightning L-Drago 100 RF/R2F / MF Gravity Perseus D125 RF/R2F
Defense: MF Basalt Aquario GB145 CS
Stamina: Earth/Basalt Aquario 100/AD145 WD
Jmanblader this is what i would prefer if u want to be able to make all 3 at once
Lightning L-Drago 145RF
MF Basalt Bull GB145RS
Earth Aquario AD145WD