"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
(Oct. 25, 2011  12:43 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  12:34 AM)Zxth Wrote: Which is better 'Energy Ring' for MF-H Basalt _____ 230RS? How about MF-H Basalt ______ 230D?

(Oct. 25, 2011  12:39 AM)BARREL ROLLD Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  12:34 AM)Zxth Wrote: Which is better 'Energy Ring' for MF-H Basalt _____ 230RS? How about MF-H Basalt ______ 230D?

im assuming that u really want more defensive combos so try using bull clear wheel (energy ring)

Kerbecs, placed properly, is the best CW to use on Basalt for Defense combos. For Stamina, Aquario is preferable.

You mean my MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230RS would be good than Basalt Kerbecs 230D? or MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230D instead?
(Oct. 25, 2011  12:58 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  12:43 AM)Hazel Wrote: Kerbecs, placed properly, is the best CW to use on Basalt for Defense combos. For Stamina, Aquario is preferable.
Hi Hazel,

Clearly a Basalt 85 RS is meant to be defense, but the other popular combos I would consider to be stamina. Out of curiosity, which (of the better known) Basalt combos do you consider to be defense and which stamina?

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question(or its purpose, given that you have more tournament experience than me...), but here's my best shot at a reply:

Anything using WD, D, EDS, EWD, etc. is clearly Stamina - aside from some WD combos that try at being a "hybrid".

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145/230/TH170/GB145/R145CS/RS/RSF are Defense, unless the CS/RSF are the more aggressive varieties, in which case it can function as Hybrid/Anti-Meta. WD can also function as Anti-Meta if launched at a 30 degree angle on R145/GB145, but you'll scrape like the dickens on BD145 and TH170.

(Oct. 25, 2011  1:14 AM)Zxth Wrote: You mean my MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230RS would be good than Basalt Kerbecs 230D? or MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230D instead?

I wouldn't personally use 230RS, as I have concerns about its Balance. However, RS would fare better as a Defense-oriented bottom than D would, in this situation. Basalt Aquario 230D would perform a Stamina role. Kerbecs is not as balanced(weight-wise) as Aquario, so Aquario is preferable for Stamina-oriented combos.
Created 'Basalt Kerbecs 230D' for my DEF role. I guess 'Basalt Aquario 230D' will suffice than MF-H Basalt Aquario 230RS IMO for my sta role.
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:27 AM)Zxth Wrote: Created 'Basalt Kerbecs 230D' for my DEF role. I guess 'Basalt Aquario 230D' will suffice than MF-H Basalt Aquario 230RS IMO for my sta role.

You got that backwards. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230RS is the Defense combo, Basalt Aquario 230D is more suited to Stamina.
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:29 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:27 AM)Zxth Wrote: Created 'Basalt Kerbecs 230D' for my DEF role. I guess 'Basalt Aquario 230D' will suffice than MF-H Basalt Aquario 230RS IMO for my sta role.

You got that backwards. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230RS is the Defense combo, Basalt Aquario 230D is more suited to Stamina.

Okay. My bad. Smile Going to have the perf tips.
Torch???? Any one any good combos?
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:32 AM)Zxth Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:29 AM)Hazel Wrote:

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS would work out better than RS, for Defense, by the way.
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:35 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:32 AM)Zxth Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:29 AM)Hazel Wrote: You got that backwards. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230RS is the Defense combo, Basalt Aquario 230D is more suited to Stamina.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS would work out better than RS, for Defense, by the way.

That saves my money for buying the tip on Grand Cetus Smile Thanks.
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:16 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  12:58 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  12:43 AM)Hazel Wrote: Kerbecs, placed properly, is the best CW to use on Basalt for Defense combos. For Stamina, Aquario is preferable.
Hi Hazel,

Clearly a Basalt 85 RS is meant to be defense, but the other popular combos I would consider to be stamina. Out of curiosity, which (of the better known) Basalt combos do you consider to be defense and which stamina?

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question(or its purpose, given that you have more tournament experience than me...), but here's my best shot at a reply:

Anything using WD, D, EDS, EWD, etc. is clearly Stamina - aside from some WD combos that try at being a "hybrid".

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145/230/TH170/GB145/R145CS/RS/RSF are Defense, unless the CS/RSF are the more aggressive varieties, in which case it can function as Hybrid/Anti-Meta. WD can also function as Anti-Meta if launched at a 30 degree angle on R145/GB145, but you'll scrape like the dickens on BD145 and TH170.

Well, the purpose was to stimulate conversation and learn your opinion, but also to probe a bit around clear wheel selection. I find myself in agreement with your classification, but am still on the fence as to the relative advantages (to the extent that they exist) in choosing between Kerbecs, Aquario and Bull. Kerbecs is the heaviest, and I tend to use it more on my Basalt combos than Aquario or Bull, but I haven't done any testing myself to see what the differences really are.

Honestly, I have a hard time reconciling whether Basalt actually functions as a stamina wheel, or just as an anti-stamina wheel that uses short defensive bursts to disrupt the stamina of other wheels. I'm also not sure it matters what I think about this at all. When it works against other stamina wheels it works, I guess.
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:33 AM)Jmanblader Wrote: Torch???? Any one any good combos?

Currently there are no good combos with Torch because of the shape.
Hey, I'm Looking To Make 1 Or 2 Generally Good Beys, I Have Burn Fireblaze, 2x Thermal Lacertas, Evil Pisces(He's My Best Atm Seeing As I Took The Other Starter From His Packs Metal Peice And He's Bulkier And Seems To Beat All My Other Beys...) Flame Aries, Rock Orso, Cyclone Herculio, Cyber Pegasus(Legend, If That Matters) Evil Gemios, And Thermal Pisces... I Probably Have A Few More, But Please Let Me Know The Best Combos ! Please, And Thank You.. Smile
(Oct. 25, 2011  1:49 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Well, the purpose was to stimulate conversation and learn your opinion, but also to probe a bit around clear wheel selection. I find myself in agreement with your classification, but am still on the fence as to the relative advantages (to the extent that they exist) in choosing between Kerbecs, Aquario and Bull. Kerbecs is the heaviest, and I tend to use it more on my Basalt combos than Aquario or Bull, but I haven't done any testing myself to see what the differences really are.

Honestly, I have a hard time reconciling whether Basalt actually functions as a stamina wheel, or just as an anti-stamina wheel that uses short defensive bursts to disrupt the stamina of other wheels. I'm also not sure it matters what I think about this at all. When it works against other stamina wheels it works, I guess.

Well, on the subject of Kerbecs, Bull, and Aquario, allow me to clear the air. Kerbecs, when aligned a certain way on Basalt, has been shown to(for reasons I am unaware of - and the finer details of which are probably scientifically fascinating) noticably increase its performance as a Defense part. th!nk and Hero did the original testing/discovery on this, as I recall, and th!nk could explain it to you far better than I can.

Aquario has been very thoroughly proven to be the "better" Stamina CW, as it is essentially an ongoing circle with perfectly balanced segmentation.

As for the last part, you essentially hit the nail on the head, from my understanding - basically, as Basalt is difficult to "move", and responds quasi-aggressively to attempts at moving it, it can basically out-stamina through superior firepower.

It brings a bat to a ball fight, in essence.
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:03 AM)metarain Wrote: Hey, I'm Looking To Make 1 Or 2 Generally Good Beys, I Have Burn Fireblaze, 2x Thermal Lacertas, Evil Pisces(He's My Best Atm Seeing As I Took The Other Starter From His Packs Metal Peice And He's Bulkier And Seems To Beat All My Other Beys...) Flame Aries, Rock Orso, Cyclone Herculio, Cyber Pegasus(Legend, If That Matters) Evil Gemios, And Thermal Pisces... I Probably Have A Few More, But Please Let Me Know The Best Combos ! Please, And Thank You.. Smile

Well... I'm a Stamina/Defense blader so, here are some stam/def combos:
Try...
Burn (Whatever CW) D125 WD. (Low-Stamina Combo)
You should get Earth or Twisted/Basalt for a good defense. Good luck !
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:11 AM)Tris Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:03 AM)metarain Wrote: Hey, I'm Looking To Make 1 Or 2 Generally Good Beys, I Have Burn Fireblaze, 2x Thermal Lacertas, Evil Pisces(He's My Best Atm Seeing As I Took The Other Starter From His Packs Metal Peice And He's Bulkier And Seems To Beat All My Other Beys...) Flame Aries, Rock Orso, Cyclone Herculio, Cyber Pegasus(Legend, If That Matters) Evil Gemios, And Thermal Pisces... I Probably Have A Few More, But Please Let Me Know The Best Combos ! Please, And Thank You.. Smile

Try...

The Herculeo CW would be the best CW to compliment this combo.
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:13 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:11 AM)Tris Wrote:

Try...

The Herculeo CW would be the best CW to compliment this combo.

I'm Sorry But Im Farely New To Beyblades As I Played When I Was Like 8 And My Little Brother Just Got Them Like 2 Weeks Ago So I've Just Been Mixing And Matching Trying to Make Him A Good One, Idk What The Cw Or w/e The Shortening Of Words Mean lol Like Where He Says Burn (Whatever CW) D125 WD. (Low-Stamina Combo)
... What's Burn D125 WD?
Burn(Metal Wheel) Herculeo(Clear Wheel - the transluscent Plastic part) D125(a type of track, comes with Rock Orso) WD(Performance Tip, from Evil Pisces).
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:22 AM)Hazel Wrote: Burn(Metal Wheel) Herculeo(Clear Wheel - the transluscent Plastic part) D125(a type of track, comes with Rock Orso) WD(Performance Tip, from Evil Pisces).

kk, got it.... Now Can someone Give Me One More?
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:30 AM)metarain Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:22 AM)Hazel Wrote: Burn(Metal Wheel) Herculeo(Clear Wheel - the transluscent Plastic part) D125(a type of track, comes with Rock Orso) WD(Performance Tip, from Evil Pisces).

kk, got it.... Now Can someone Give Me One More?

More !
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:54 AM)Finalstar Wrote: My question on 302 was ignored!

Please keep in mind that people may not always have an answer to your question.

Destroyer is not legal for use on any Metal Wheel but Gravity, so that combo is invalid. Earth Virgo 100WD will work very nicely for you. For more information, I'll need a list of all of your parts.
I have a very important match coming up against a rival and I need a good combo.
Beys:
Rock Leone, Counter Leone, Rock Zurafa, Grand Cetus, Earth Virgo, Burn Fireblaze, Lightning Ldrago, Storm Pegasus, Cyber Pegasus, Ray Striker, Dark Bull, Evil Gemios, Earth Eagle, and Torch Aries
I am a new member so thanks for any help I get and please make the combo for leone. Thank You
(Oct. 25, 2011  3:00 AM)kyoyatategami Wrote: I have a very important match coming up against a rival and I need a good combo.
Beys:
Rock Leone, Counter Leone, Rock Zurafa, Grand Cetus, Earth Virgo, Burn Fireblaze, Lightning Ldrago, Storm Pegasus, Cyber Pegasus, Ray Striker, Dark Bull, Evil Gemios, Earth Eagle, and Torch Aries
I am a new member so thanks for any help I get and please make the combo for leone. Thank You

Earth Leone GB145CS, for Defense.
Earth Leone 145WD, for Stamina.
Lightning L-Drago 100RF, for non-Leone Attack.
(Oct. 25, 2011  3:07 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2011  3:00 AM)kyoyatategami Wrote: I have a very important match coming up against a rival and I need a good combo.
Beys:

Earth Leone GB145CS, for Defense.
Earth Leone 145WD, for Stamina.
Lightning L-Drago 100RF, for non-Leone Attack.
thanks i will try it out
Perseus can only be used on the gravity wheel, like L-Drago can only be used on lightning... so Flame/Earth Perseus(destroyer) 230WD is an impossible combination... Earth 100WD is good, the clear wheel/energy ring really doesn't matter much when you spread a sample out to 200+ battles, the standard deviation more than covers any variance in results, to the point where most would say the CW choice merely comes down to preference/looks (read yamislayers thread in the adv. section) unless it causes extra points of contact, though some still contest this, anything with a bi/tri-symmetrical design around 3.0g and above are the most common choices (Pegasis II,III, Herculeo, Rex, Cancer, Bull, Kerbecs, Unicorno II etc) along with the circular wheels (Leone, Leone 4D, Aquario, Fox)...