"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
(May. 08, 2019  4:18 AM)Ezra2012 Wrote: Hi, I’m a mom trying to help my 6y old son. We took him  to his first WBO - tournament a month ago and since he had JUST started playing beyblade just a week prior and only had like 3 beys he lost every time.
He loved the tournament and had a blast just playing with other kids. He wants to go to another one in a few weeks so he needs at least 3 good combos.  And if you would please tell me the name of the beyblade layer that has the disc or driver that you’re recommending for each combo as I’m new to this and haven’t figured out the abbreviations and driver names.

He has All Hasbro.
Here’s what he has so far:

From Evolution :
1. Anubion A2 (unopened/it’s for his bday)
2.Fengriff F2
3.Genesis Valtryek V3(old blue one not the new one/has wrong forge disc the one he has a 7 with like a teal plastic ring attached to it)

SwitchStrike:
4.Luinor L3 (unopened/it’s for bday)
5.Spryzen Requiem S3
6.Balkesh B3
7.Caynox C3 (still in box so I may return to buy Garuda g3-blue version. Should I switch or keep caynox?)
8.Xcalius X3 (w/sword launcher)bday gift

SlingShock:
9.Wonder Valtryek V4
10.Achilles A4
11.Poison-X Hyrus H4
12.Hercules H4 (strangely his “best” bey that can’t be beat by any of his stock beys)
13.Thorns-X Miniboros M4(with the wrong forge disc/his is a 6)
14.Spiral Treptune T4(we have forge disc5 which is the one that comes with the other bey from this 2 pack not the correct disc)

2 random drivers:
Xtreme (from golden Xcalius)
Jolt-S

Random forge disc:
V

Also just picked up these sets for $3.99 each at a discount store: (all Evolution)
Surtr S2 + Odax O2
Dragoon Storm + Dranzer S
Wyvron W2 rip fire

Possible combo(?):
Hercules 7 Eternal-S

Thank you in advance for the help!

Hello, it's nice to see a new blader hit the scene. I suggest keeping Caynox C3 since Bearing is the best performance tip for Hasbro Stamina.

The teal ring is likely the frame "Vortex". 

As for combos, here are some I recommend.

Sprizen Requiem S3 7 Bearing
(This has the best life after death of any beyblade and being able to spin right or left can help it deal with some pesky matchups. The only thing to keep in mind that you can not switch directions in between rounds.)

Luinor L3 Bump (Balkesh B3's frame) Xtreme (I would prefer Hunter for this combo [found in Khalzar K3], but this is a bruiser for Left Spin attack. I would recommend him practicing the Rush launch so he can use this combo effectively.)

Balkesh B3 0Vortex Atomic
(If he wants to use H4, then this is the combo to use it with.) This is more of a defensive Beyblade that will resist bursting. I would prefer Cross or Glaive over Vortex, but Vortex will work fine since the frame will mainly add extra weight.

Hope this helps. Smile
(May. 08, 2019  4:18 AM)Ezra2012 Wrote: Hi, I’m a mom trying to help my 6y old son. We took him  to his first WBO - tournament a month ago and since he had JUST started playing beyblade just a week prior and only had like 3 beys he lost every time.
He loved the tournament and had a blast just playing with other kids. He wants to go to another one in a few weeks so he needs at least 3 good combos.  And if you would please tell me the name of the beyblade layer that has the disc or driver that you’re recommending for each combo as I’m new to this and haven’t figured out the abbreviations and driver names.

He has All Hasbro.
Here’s what he has so far:

From Evolution :
1. Anubion A2 (unopened/it’s for his bday)
2.Fengriff F2
3.Genesis Valtryek V3(old blue one not the new one/has wrong forge disc the one he has a 7 with like a teal plastic ring attached to it)

SwitchStrike:
4.Luinor L3 (unopened/it’s for bday)
5.Spryzen Requiem S3
6.Balkesh B3
7.Caynox C3 (still in box so I may return to buy Garuda g3-blue version. Should I switch or keep caynox?)
8.Xcalius X3 (w/sword launcher)bday gift

SlingShock:
9.Wonder Valtryek V4
10.Achilles A4
11.Poison-X Hyrus H4
12.Hercules H4 (strangely his “best” bey that can’t be beat by any of his stock beys)
13.Thorns-X Miniboros M4(with the wrong forge disc/his is a 6)
14.Spiral Treptune T4(we have forge disc5 which is the one that comes with the other bey from this 2 pack not the correct disc)

2 random drivers:
Xtreme (from golden Xcalius)
Jolt-S

Random forge disc:
V

Also just picked up these sets for $3.99 each at a discount store: (all Evolution)
Surtr S2 + Odax O2
Dragoon Storm + Dranzer S
Wyvron W2 rip fire

Possible combo(?):
Hercules 7 Eternal-S

Thank you in advance for the help!

As others have said, definitely keep Caynox C3. A winning combo you can make with your selection of parts is Balkesh B3 0B Br as a defence/stamina hybrid.
So I discovered that Valtreyek V1. BL.Impact is shockingly good. The only note I have is that its burst res. isn't the best. If it doesn't take the opponent out in the first 10 seconds, you're likely to lose.
(May. 09, 2019  12:29 AM)IceCreeper909 Wrote: So I discovered that Valtreyek V1. BL.Impact is shockingly good. The only note I have is that its burst res. isn't the best. If it doesn't take the opponent out in the first 10 seconds, you're likely to lose.
Do you mean blitz as the disk? Then, doesn't it stick out of the combo? It is not 'right' in my opinion.
What combos can beat Orb Egis on Atomic? Even with my short Eternal, it still easily destabilizes my Archer Hercules
(May. 09, 2019  11:24 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: What combos can beat Orb Egis on Atomic? Even with my short Eternal, it still easily destabilizes my Archer Hercules

Basically anything opposite spin to itself, so hS/Sr 00W Br
I know thats not a lot but I lost a lot of my beys...
I have:
Energy Rings:
Pegasis
Pegasis II
Befall
Horogium
Zurafa
Perseus
L-Drago II
Lacerta
Leone

Fusion Wheels:
Storm
Rock
Meteo
Galaxy
Thermal
Gravity
Flame
Killer
Basalt

Spin Tracks:
UW145
AD145
W105
WA130
R145
D125

Performance Tips:
R2F
LF
WD
WB
B
D
RF
EWD
S

Combos Required:
Defence and Attack
Not the best parts but just better combos would help.
(May. 09, 2019  1:25 PM)Astitva2001 Wrote: I know thats not a lot but I lost a lot of my beys...
I have:
Energy Rings:
Pegasis
Pegasis II
Befall
Horogium
Zurafa
Perseus
L-Drago II
Lacerta
Leone

Fusion Wheels:
Storm
Rock
Meteo
Galaxy
Thermal
Gravity
Flame
Killer
Basalt

Spin Tracks:
UW145
AD145
W105
WA130
R145
D125

Performance Tips:
R2F
LF
WD
WB
B
D
RF
EWD
S

Combos Required:
Defence and Attack

For attack, I would go Gravity Perseus D125 RF. Being able to spin in both directions helps this combo a lot.

For defense, I say Basalt Pegasus II R145 WB. It's not the best defensive combo, but with the parts you have, it can resist a lot of attacks and can outlast most modern defense types.

For MFB Limited, you can make Meteo L-Drago AD145 EWD, whilst it is not an attack type or defense type, it is a nice combination that can win you a lot of battles using Life After death as it's win condition, being a Left-spin Beyblade.
(May. 10, 2019  1:16 AM)MystMotone101 Wrote:
(May. 09, 2019  1:25 PM)Astitva2001 Wrote: I know thats not a lot but I lost a lot of my beys...
I have:
Energy Rings:
Pegasis
Pegasis II
Befall
Horogium
Zurafa
Perseus
L-Drago II
Lacerta
Leone

Fusion Wheels:
Storm
Rock
Meteo
Galaxy
Thermal
Gravity
Flame
Killer
Basalt

Spin Tracks:
UW145
AD145
W105
WA130
R145
D125

Performance Tips:
R2F
LF
WD
WB
B
D
RF
EWD
S

Combos Required:
Defence and Attack

For attack, I would go Gravity Perseus D125 RF. Being able to spin in both directions helps this combo a lot.

For defense, I say Basalt Pegasus II R145 WB. It's not the best defensive combo, but with the parts you have, it can resist a lot of attacks and can outlast most modern defense types.

For MFB Limited, you can make Meteo L-Drago AD145 EWD, whilst it is not an attack type or defense type, it is a nice combination that can win you a lot of battles using Life After death as it's win condition, being a Left-spin Beyblade.

Wouldn’t WD be better than WB?
Can someone work together with me to make the ultimate balance type
Gg.h.a here’s a combo
(May. 10, 2019  1:54 AM)Makai11 Wrote: Gg.h.a here’s a combo

what
(May. 10, 2019  1:57 AM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  1:54 AM)Makai11 Wrote: Gg.h.a here’s a combo

what
Don’t worry about it, it’s VERY outclassed! Use something like:

Cho-Z Achilles 10 Bump Dimension/Xtend+
(May. 10, 2019  2:26 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  1:57 AM)Hitashi Wrote: what
Don’t worry about it, it’s VERY outclassed! Use something like:

What about hell salamander
(May. 10, 2019  2:27 AM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  2:26 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Don’t worry about it, it’s VERY outclassed! Use something like:

What about hell salamander

If you use hS then use Xtend+. Smile
(May. 10, 2019  2:28 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  2:27 AM)Hitashi Wrote: What about hell salamander

If you use hS then use Xtend+. Smile

I don't know about that. I was looking for something that would change in battle. Like absorb or merge
(May. 10, 2019  2:31 AM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  2:28 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: If you use hS then use Xtend+. Smile

I don't know about that. I was looking for something that would change in battle. Like absorb or merge

Oh! Since you want to use hS use:

hS.0P.Ab
(May. 10, 2019  2:58 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  2:31 AM)Hitashi Wrote: I don't know about that. I was looking for something that would change in battle. Like absorb or merge

Oh! Since you want to use hS use:

hS.0P.Ab

Thanks. How much of an upgrade is the 00 disc
(May. 10, 2019  3:03 AM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  2:58 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Oh! Since you want to use hS use:

hS.0P.Ab

It’s good, also Ab is bad
(May. 10, 2019  3:03 AM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  2:58 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Oh! Since you want to use hS use:

hS.0P.Ab

00 lowers Burst Resistance which you probably don’t want with hS’ meh teeth and Absorb’s meh spring.

(May. 10, 2019  3:07 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  3:03 AM)Hitashi Wrote: Thanks. How much of an upgrade is the 00 disc
It’s good, also Ab is bad

Yeah… but no.
(May. 10, 2019  3:08 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  3:03 AM)Hitashi Wrote: Thanks. How much of an upgrade is the 00 disc

00 lowers Burst Resistance which you probably don’t want with hS’ meh teeth and Absorb’s meh spring.

(May. 10, 2019  3:07 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: It’s good, also Ab is bad

Yeah… but no.

(May. 10, 2019  3:21 AM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  3:08 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: 00 lowers Burst Resistance which you probably don’t want with hS’ meh teeth and Absorb’s meh spring.

Yeah… but no.

Is merge any better
(May. 10, 2019  3:08 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: 00 lowers Burst Resistance which you probably don’t want with hS’ meh teeth and Absorb’s meh spring.

Yeah… but no.

Is merge any better
No! Stay with Absorb!

Yeah… but no.

Is merge any better

No, but absorb is barely better
(May. 10, 2019  4:02 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:

Is merge any better

No, but absorb is barely better
Ab has decent LAD and pretty good stamina. Explain to me how it’s barely better?
(May. 10, 2019  1:17 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  1:16 AM)MystMotone101 Wrote: For attack, I would go Gravity Perseus D125 RF. Being able to spin in both directions helps this combo a lot.

Wouldn’t WD be better than WB?

In this case, no. WD despite Hasbro and Takara Tomy calling it a defensive part, WD actually has low friction to the stadium floor, whilst WB ha she high friction, something defense types in MFB need.