"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
Actually, the track does matter. By using 85 or 90 you make it low enough to contact the bumps on most performance tips, allowing it to steal spin from 230 height opponents that it otherwise couldn't touch.

Should you want to improve this beyblade further, swap to L-Drago Destroy for a rubbery fusion wheel that will better spin steal and the EWD tip for better scrape recovery, adding defense to the beyblade. This tip also boosts your attack potential due to some weird design flaw that causes it to jam.
I think MF-F Meteo LDrago CH120EWD is way better at spin stealing than Meteo Ldrago 85/90/100WD.
Against 230 tracks, 85 is better for spin stealing than CH120/145. For multi-purpose, CH120/145 might be better though. EWD is a very quirky tip that needs careful use for good performance. In terms of stamina and spin stealing, it is similar to WD but it also has weird attack and defense capabilities.
(Jul. 23, 2015  12:34 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Against 230 tracks, 85 is better for spin stealing than CH120/145. For multi-purpose, CH120/145 might be better though. EWD is a very quirky tip that needs careful use for good performance. In terms of stamina and spin stealing, it is similar to WD but it also has weird attack and defense capabilities.

85 is a bad choice against 230 for spin steal - it won't make contact with the Metal Wheel and will only be slowed down on contact with 230. CH145 isn't optimal against super-tall tracks, but it's effective against everything else and will handle 230 better than 85 will.
For any other purpose I would agree with you but, for spin stealing, making contact with the ring of bumps around the top of the tip is surprisingly effective and, in my experience atleast, more useful than the glancing MW contact of a 145 height vs a 230.
Genbull Dragoon 90EWD loses almost all the time against Girago Girago E230MB while when Dragoon has CH120 it no longer loses because it has contact with the plastic ring and not the bottom of the bey. I know this is a talk about 230, but I am assuming something similar would happen.
(Jul. 23, 2015  11:59 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Genbull Dragoon 90EWD loses almost all the time against Girago Girago E230MB while when Dragoon has CH120 it no longer loses because it has contact with the plastic ring and not the bottom of the bey. I know this is a talk about 230, but I am assuming something similar would happen.

It only loses to 230 not E230.
(Jul. 23, 2015  3:01 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2015  11:59 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Genbull Dragoon 90EWD loses almost all the time against Girago Girago E230MB while when Dragoon has CH120 it no longer loses because it has contact with the plastic ring and not the bottom of the bey. I know this is a talk about 230, but I am assuming something similar would happen.

Test it, I've done battles between those two and Dragooon consistently lost (people at the tournament even saw that dragooon lost to E230MB) When dragooon got put to 100 height it started winning, but when it was 90 or 85 it lost all the battles.
(Jul. 23, 2015  3:20 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2015  3:01 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote:

Test it, I've done battles between those two and Dragooon consistently lost (people at the tournament even saw that dragooon lost to E230MB) When dragooon got put to 100 height it started winning, but when it was 90 or 85 it lost all the battles.

@[Magic] and I actually did tests Girago Dragoon 90EWD wins against E230 alot but 100 does alot better.
(Jul. 22, 2015  10:51 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I think MF-F Meteo LDrago CH120EWD is way better at spin stealing than Meteo Ldrago 85/90/100WD.

Yes metro L Drago is the best at stealing spin but the person does not have that bey so I told him a good combo for lightning L Drago which I believe is second best at stealing spin because on L Drago Destroy the rubber is under the metal not on top of it so it gives it a less chance at getting hit unless you pair it up with a 230 spin track or something like that.
Eh, I think Lightning Ldrago would be better used for attack than spin stealing.
L-Drago Destroy has it's rubber low like you say, that's what makes it the best on 85/90 against the 230 track. I have not actually tested that combo with Lightning.

Like Jinbee says, lightning is primarily an attack wheel, IMO best paired with R145 and RF but we were specifically discussing a suggested stamina/spin steal combo.

And no, 1234B, E230 will not be the same matchup at all. Like you say, with E230 you want something in the 100 to 120 height range to make contact with the elevator disk, while with 230 and most of its other variants, the tip bumps are your only contact point unless you go 145+ for minor metal wheel collisions.
Against E230, a 85/90 track would likely be crushed beneath the disk.
nickdbeyblader

When you get your new beys.
Phantom hades b: d, duo Cygnus b: d, and meteo l drago ed145 w2d/ewd.

Those will destroy in a hasbro stadium if it is one of the rectangular ones with no pits.
(Jul. 23, 2015  9:20 PM)ZachBob Wrote: nickdbeyblader

When you get your new beys.
Phantom hades b: d, duo Cygnus b: d, and meteo l drago ed145 w2d/ewd.

Those will destroy in a hasbro stadium if it is one of the rectangular ones with no pits.

Or course they would, it's a stamina type stadium pretty much, without contact I would agree but with contact, I would also suggest W145WD if he can get them.
Probably so. I don't have w145 yet Crying so I wouldn't know lol

I was just playing around with meteo ed145 w2d the other day and was really impressed
Okay thanks

Yeah the stadiums we use are Lighting L Drago Stadium from metal fusion, the metal masters destroyer stadium, metal masters rip grind stadium, Meteo L Drago rectangular stadium, and vortex stadium

I would get w145 but I don't like shogun steel beyblades
(Jul. 24, 2015  6:39 AM)nickdbeyblader Wrote: Okay thanks

Yeah the stadiums we use are Lighting L Drago Stadium from metal fusion, the metal masters destroyer stadium, metal masters rip grind stadium, Meteo L Drago rectangular stadium, and vortex stadium

I would get w145 but I don't like shogun steel beyblades

If you don't like them, go for the second best option of AD145 from Gravity Perseus.
So, which would be better; Duo Kerbecs BD145CS or Death Kerbecs BD145RDF?
I think Duo Kerbecs BD145CS is better, Duo is better at defense than Death and CS and Duo have more stamina to outspin an attack type, I think the other combo is good against left spinners due to RDF and Death.

I would switch the clear wheel on Duo to Aquario.
So, what are some good balance fusion wheels? I know Death is good, but I'm not sure what else.

Or some good balance concludes would be nice, but consider that I don't have a BD145 or CS readily available (I'd have to disassemble my defense combo, and I'd rather not do that.)
(Jul. 26, 2015  10:06 AM)Grimlai Wrote: So, what are some good balance fusion wheels? I know Death is good, but I'm not sure what else.

Or some good balance concludes would be nice, but consider that I don't have a BD145 or CS readily available (I'd have to disassemble my defense combo, and I'd rather not do that.)
I think Diablo is a good balance wheel, since its often used for anti attack. Also it has good defensive power. and its stamina is pretty good too.
I have 2 zero beys
Archer Griffin and Beserker Begarados
I dont think you can really make any good combos out of those TBH.
(Jul. 26, 2015  4:22 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I dont think you can really make any good combos out of those TBH.

I quite agree. You need more parts for good combos.