"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
(Apr. 06, 2017  12:33 AM)BAWB18 Wrote: I've heard Unicrest is useful, also heard Hasbro bursts less than TT. Maybe Gravity would be a better disc, just for more weight than heavy.

Gravity and heavy are around the same weight and heavy would be better for Burst resistance
(Apr. 06, 2017  7:17 AM)mj9 Wrote: Gravity and heavy are around the same weight and heavy would be better for Burst resistance

I see. Maybe a TT Wyvern, Heavy, Revolve could work better for stamina. Or does Unicrest have more stamina than that? If anyone has done tests with Unicrest and posted the results, could you give me a link to their thread?
(Apr. 06, 2017  12:33 AM)BAWB18 Wrote: I've heard Unicrest is useful, also heard Hasbro bursts less than TT. Maybe Gravity would be a better disc, just for more weight than heavy.

Takara Tomy bursts less than Hasbro.
(Apr. 06, 2017  3:56 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: Takara Tomy bursts less than Hasbro.

Not universally. As far as I'm aware, there's little testing for Hasbro combos beyond the initial wave of tests on release, and there's especially little testing with properly customized, potentially competitive Hasbro Beyblades.
(Apr. 06, 2017  4:05 PM)Cake Wrote: Not universally. As far as I'm aware, there's little testing for Hasbro combos beyond the initial wave of tests on release, and there's especially little testing with properly customized, potentially competitive Hasbro Beyblades.

Oh. I still think Takara Tomy's burst less than Hasbro because Takara uses Teeth and Hasbro uses slops.
(Apr. 06, 2017  10:01 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: Oh. I still think Takara Tomy's burst less than Hasbro because Takara uses Teeth and Hasbro uses slops.

Well, it varies. Hasbro has this unfortunate tendency to nerf random things, like Wyvern, Deathsyther, Odin, Neptune and Xcalibur.
(Apr. 06, 2017  10:08 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Well, it varies. Hasbro has this unfortunate tendency to nerf random things, like Wyvern, Deathsyther, Odin, Neptune and Xcalibur.

I thought Takara W1 was as bad as Takara W2?
(Apr. 06, 2017  10:12 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: I thought Takara W1 was as bad as Takara W2?

It is really good for defense, on par with Neptune, in fact.
(Apr. 06, 2017  10:08 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Well, it varies. Hasbro has this unfortunate tendency to nerf random things, like Wyvern, Deathsyther, Odin, Neptune and Xcalibur.

I've been seeing people saying Wyvern was nerfed but I heard earlier that it was about the same as Takara... I'll have to buy it and try it myself I guess.

Hasbro's slope mechanism does not make Beyblades inherently easier to Burst, because some of their slopes are quite steep in order to provide a similar amount of resistance as Takara's tooth system does. Hasbro also buffed some of the worse Takara releases by putting in steeper slopes on Layers with awful teeth, such as S2 and Ragnaruk. This makes the Hasbro versions substantially less likely to Burst and much better than their Takara counterparts.
But then there's the issue of the softer plastic and it's affect on stamina Tongue_out
(Apr. 06, 2017  11:53 PM)Cake Wrote: I've been seeing people saying Wyvern was nerfed but I heard earlier that it was about the same as Takara... I'll have to buy it and try it myself I guess.

Hasbro's slope mechanism does not make Beyblades inherently easier to Burst, because some of their slopes are quite steep in order to provide a similar amount of resistance as Takara's tooth system does. Hasbro also buffed some of the worse Takara releases by putting in steeper slopes on Layers with awful teeth, such as S2 and Ragnaruk. This makes the Hasbro versions substantially less likely to Burst and much better than their Takara counterparts.

I at least know they nerfed Odin (I loved it), Deathsyther (I own Doomscizor), and Neptune. (It flat out sucks now) Hato mentioned the slopes on Xcalius seemed to be horrible, and seeing it lose to stock R2 confirms this.
A combo (hasbro) that has really worked for me is roctavor armed unite. A takara tomy combo thats really worked for me is Kreis Satan Heavy Orbit.
The winner of the first North American championship in Toronto at the docks had a good combo >< ???¿
What Beyblades/parts you own
  • metal wheels: libra, thermal, phantom
  • clear wheels: aquario and orion
  • tracks: ED145, 100
  • bottom: D and ES
  • 4D bottom: Bearing drive
What Beyblade Format or BeyStadium you intend play in?
  • Stadium: BB-10
  • Standard Format
Your best attempt at a combo?
  • Libra BD
  • Phantom Aquario 100D
(Apr. 10, 2017  3:39 AM)Aryanne Wrote: What Beyblades/parts you own
  • metal wheels: libra, thermal, phantom
  • clear wheels: aquario and orion
  • tracks: ED145, 100
  • bottom: D and ES
  • 4D bottom: Bearing drive
What Beyblade Format or BeyStadium you intend play in?
  • Stadium: BB-10
  • Standard Format
Your best attempt at a combo?
  • Libra BD
  • Phantom Aquario 100D
There basically the best combos you can make
That's true in most cases, but some like nepstius and wyvron burst more in hasbro version

Also. I recently bought hasbro doomscizor d2 and kerbeus k2

A great combo I found, doomscizor d2 gravity press, its the tightest I ever seen a hasbro bey and it performs really well
(Apr. 10, 2017  2:49 PM)Aixio Wrote: That's true in most cases, but some like nepstius and wyvron burst more in hasbro version

Also. I recently bought hasbro doomscizor d2 and kerbeus k2

A great combo I found, doomscizor d2 gravity press, its the tightest I ever seen a hasbro bey and it performs really well

Your combo is good, but I'd suggest Survive, Revolve or Defense to make it better.
(Apr. 06, 2017  11:49 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: It is really good for defense, on par with Neptune, in fact.

Just adding to this. It has decent stamina to, it can out spin other top tier defense combos like D2, Gravity, Defense.
(Apr. 10, 2017  4:32 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Your combo is good, but I'd suggest Survive, Revolve or Defense to make it better.

I had revolve on it before, someone on beyblade amino said that hasbro revolve. Is too loose
(Apr. 11, 2017  3:39 AM)Aixio Wrote: I had revolve on it before, someone on beyblade amino said that hasbro revolve. Is too loose

Not sure if "too loose" is actually a negative :p
A loose Revolve tends to be pretty good, unless it's the kind of loose that means it'll fall off
Hi, I'm new to beyblade and I've built a pretty good collection so far and I want to use my Kerbeus ring competitively as a defense type and d2 as and attack type. Can anyone help?
(Apr. 11, 2017  4:09 AM)Aegis Wrote: Hi, I'm new to beyblade and I've built a pretty good collection so far and I want to use my Kerbeus ring competitively as a defense type and d2 as and attack type. Can anyone help?

Kerbeus itself is meh at defense and not so good in terms of stamina. Your best bet with it would be 
Kerbeus Gravity/Heavy/Spread/Knuckle Revolve/Defense/Yeilding
D2 is trash for attack, it either makes a double burst or self-bursts. Seriously, don't use D2 for attack it's only really sucessful in a Stamina/Defense comboy
How good is Neptune n2 gravity claw?

For takora tomy
Neptune n2 gravity claw is a really strong bey!?
(Apr. 11, 2017  4:48 AM)Beybde god Wrote: Neptune n2 gravity claw is a really strong bey!?
Thanks for the info