[Brooklyn, New York, USA] NY Blader Meet up

(Feb. 12, 2010  11:26 PM)firelord767 Wrote: And stormpeg, i'll try as well. We can have a collaborate effort to record every match. GF, can you bring your Tripod?

I'll try to record it, Its possible I might miss some. A video camera's battery runs out FAST! And the fact I might need like 5 SD cards to record everything Pinching_eyes
If somone brings a laptop to the site, we can upload them as we go. As well as allow people to sign up to the WBO on spot. The latter of the two will be invaluable on the equenox.
(Feb. 16, 2010  12:21 AM)firelord767 Wrote: The latter of the two will be invaluable on the equenox.

EquInox? What does this even mean?

Man I wish there were some bladers in the Jersey area... I'm really jealous of you guys and could possibly drop by next time around.
Equenox. The 21st of November and March, marking the start of Fall and Spring.

The actual tournament is on March 21st, slated before we knew that spring ment the release of the game in CANADA. That kind of put a wrench in our plans.

This is just a meetup. If you wanna swing by in March, we'd welcome you with open arms.
For the time I think anywhere from 10:00AM to 5:00PM is fine considering I want to watch a morning cartoon in the morning C:
Zeox enlighten us with everything we need to know for this. Its in 2 days!!!
Considering he has not even gotten it approved for Official Events by now I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to materialize on the 19th.
This is simply a meetup. The actual tournament we're gonna try and register for the equinox, supposedly. Also, didn't we decide on the 20th?

Also, i'm in the same jam as Game. I finally get a straight answer from dad- "I'm not taking you anywhere until you get a time and a location" - so we need to get this down pat. The biggest landmark there, to my knowledge, would be the library, so i would suggest meeting there. And also, TIME:

LDrago, and I agree, Wrote:I think anywhere from 10:00AM to 5:00PM is fine
^This

How does 3:00 PM sound?
You might want to start a little earlier if anything. Parents then to get a little tired of hanging around later in the afternoon.
Good point. I doubt my dad would be very interested in spinning tops for HOURS. Perhaps 12:00 noon then?
(Feb. 16, 2010  5:12 AM)firelord767 Wrote: Equenox. The 21st of November and March, marking the start of Fall and Spring.

The actual tournament is on March 21st, slated before we knew that spring ment the release of the game in CANADA. That kind of put a wrench in our plans.

This is just a meetup. If you wanna swing by in March, we'd welcome you with open arms.

I knew what Equinox meant. I didn't realize that this was just a meet-up. XD Spring, huh? No can do. If anything happens this summer, before I head out to school, I'll be on top of things. Wink
I'd love to test mine against yours. Perhaps we should do something during the summer as well. The more excitement we can drum up before BMF, the better!
My dad's not letting me go. He says "It doesn't seem offical, the website sounds like it is an offical beyblade site, but it doesn't seem like it. It looks like there is only a hand full of people, I'm sorry." or something like that...and DON'T try to make me change his mind ok?!?!
So... you didn't tell him that it's not supposed to be official, did you?

Quote:I finally get a straight answer from dad- "I'm not taking you anywhere until you get a time and a location" - so we need to get this down pat. The biggest landmark there, to my knowledge, would be the library, so i would suggest meeting there. And also, TIME:
My dad also wants to know if any other parents will be there.

And this is TOMMORROW

EDIT: We don't have a time and a location, yet this is in less than 24 hours. C'mon people, do you want a meetup or not?
did this wind up ever happening?
Hm, indeed. What happened ? Zeox has not even logged in since the day before this meet up ...
is this the prospect park curse?
Even if this was not an official tournament, if Zeox never showed up or something, this is still quite punishable in my opinion.
I probably can't go to the real thing now, because my dad thinks that Zeox just wanted to tackle me and grab my stuff (among other things) and didn't answer simply because he felt to have had his plans foiled.

Because we haven't heard from Zeox, i'm willing to give him the benifit of the doubt. If he dropped dead (god forbid) from a heart attack of something a day before the meetup, the World Beyblade Organization wouldn't be the first to find out. Did he even have any friends on this board who we could ask?

OR OR OR his computer broke. Hoping it was this, i don't want to have wasted hours on that chatroom he made quoting anime characters (IKE, SAGITARIO! FURAME CLAW!) to find out he's not who he claims/ dead.
Did anybody even go, on February 19th ?
I didn't know what time to go, or where in such a large park to go. My dad showed me a map- that thing is like my local park times 80 bajillion. A few miles across.
Well, let me start by saying
1- Im so so so so so so so so (repeating 1000 times) sorry I was not able to show....(though i dont think anyone actually came)
2- I am (repeating so again) sorry that I was a bad host and did not give much information, i forgot it was a large park
3-And sorry i was away for a long time, i felt kind of ashamed and did not want to come on
This is a real shame, I hope too many people weren't left out in the cold. I'm hoping that, because of the lack of info, people didn't actually attempt to intend.

I imagine action will be taken as necessary but I'm more disappointed for you guys than annoyed at anyone. I do hope you can work something out in the future. And Zeox, there's no need to be ashamed! Tourneys are great fun, sure it can be awkward meeting people at first but once you settle down its fine - you're all bladers at heart. ; )

Really hope something works out in the future.
OK, Zoex isn't a thief or dead. Yay!

OK, let's hop on it to try and make the actual tournament happen. If we work together, we can still make the latter part of Brooklyn Rage happen.

My dad mentioned that the place has a library. A tournament outside this time of year would be suicidal. FROST BITEZ. SO anyway, should we hold it there with permission? Or is it a "SHUT UP AND READ THE BOOK, FILTH" type of library?
I've got a bit of a conflict in going to this event... ironic how i'm the one who suggested the equenox....

can we move this into April?