[Brooklyn, New York, 7/20/2011] King/Queen of Blades

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: King/Queen of Blades
[Image: m757ah.jpg]
Date: July 20, 2011 - Wednesday
I plan to have this tournament at 1PM and free play from 12pm-1pm. I will hold the tournament back an hour (maximum) if some bladers are stuck in traffic. Please eat lunch before you arrive. Once the 2nd round starts, I will not be accepting any entrants. If you are not present, when i call your usernames, you will lose by default. I can postpone your match if you are in the bathroom however that is the only exception. it is important to let me know ahead of time. the longest i can postpone is at the end of the round. any longer, you get a loss by default. If you postpone and you are the last battle for the round, i will wait ONLY for 15 minutes. it's more than enough time.
Venue: Kings Games 2nd floor (Please click for directions or use google maps)
1685 East 15 Street
Brooklyn, NY 11229
MY CONTACT NUMBER
(516) 428-6361
Don't call me unless it's an emergency or you're stuck in traffic. If you need directions, look online. do it now and write it down. I have no sense of direction so i would be pretty useless in terms of direction if you asked last minute.
Fees:
have passport + store fee = $5
buying passport + store fee = $15
WBO Entrance fee + store fee = $10

Expected Turnout: 30-50 people
Format: Unseeded double elimination
Prize system: store credit - it will be run by Deikailo who will possibly be selling beyblades as well (as i have been told by her in the Kings Games thread)
I AM GOING BY THE BOOK SO NO ONE COMPLAIN! I WANT TO STAY ORGANIZED!

Can the following people judge?
Deikailo
The Problem
whitewave
Jonnb
Ship Smile
Spin-Sonic
Cye Kinomiya
Keep noted that i will be keeping track of who judged what match... so before the match even starts, let me know which match you are judging. This is so i can double check if there is any error.
Let me know if you can. if you can't, let me know and i will remove your name from the list.
Smile = means you are a confirmed judge

Attendees:
Sky Prince
Ship
shadow X 9365
Ultimate Kcpj
Sniperâ„¢
StormPikachu
KillerSpinner
zackorang1
djspida5
Kittykiller
Ultra Blader#1
StormLeoneGuy
Bluezee
Spin-sonic
Evileagle4806
hydreigon
chrisfire360

Possible Attendees:
bladestriker99
Flame Aries
Deikailo
the4anime
TooManyPegasis
Blader of Chaos
FlameLeone2300
@ngle
ArmorD-00taku
ikmv
joseph317
Novashooter
Ray shooter
black wing

PLEASE! AS YOU ARE SAYING "I'm gonna make this" PLEASE! AGAIN!!! PLEASE!!! CONFIRM WITH YOUR PARENTS!!!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 10, 2011  5:02 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: You can put me down ill try and bum a launcher off someone

as "attending" or "probably"?
(Jul. 10, 2011  5:03 AM)Sky Prince Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2011  5:02 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: You can put me down ill try and bum a launcher off someone

as "attending" or "probably"?

im sorry attending
okay, ur up.

cool i have enough people to have a nice mini tournament like ikmv's. if small tourneys are as fun as ship says, this is gonna be a blast! :3
i kan make it maybe i 99.9% sure that i'll be there Cool
(Jul. 10, 2011  3:54 PM)bladestriker99 Wrote: i kan make it maybe i 99.9% sure that i'll be there Cool

well, can u make it so it's 100% sure? cause otherwise, i'll just put you on the probably list.....
ok you can put me on possibles please.
(Jul. 10, 2011  6:31 PM)joseph317 Wrote: ok you can put me on possibles please.

no prob bro, glad to see u back. Smile
i cant go. I can only go to tournaments on the weekens. it has been 4 months since the last tournament i went to.
I going to check if my parents can make time for me to go just put me on possible attendees
I may go just put me on possible
yeah... sorry for making it a weekday guys... weekends are full on the King's Game's schedule....
WHY AR PEOPLE OPENING UP TOURNEYS BEFORE I LEAVE FOR THE NAVY?!?!?!?!!? WAIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Jul. 12, 2011  5:01 PM)lawesomeness Wrote: WHY AR PEOPLE OPENING UP TOURNEYS BEFORE I LEAVE FOR THE NAVY?!?!?!?!!? WAIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO YOU CAN GO!

On a side note, I just ordered a case of Scythe Kronos.
sorry can't go my sisters sick i got to take care of her until she gets better
afterrrrr****
BLECHH. im going to start bootcamp tomorrow.

whatevvzzz. maybe there will be tourneys still when im back in 5 years XD
(Jul. 13, 2011  1:45 AM)lawesomeness Wrote: afterrrrr****

Give me a phone call when you come back on a pass. I'll try to work something out.
(Jul. 12, 2011  8:56 PM)counterleone14 Wrote: sorry can't go my sisters sick i got to take care of her until she gets better
hope she get's better. =) you're a good brother

(Jul. 13, 2011  1:45 AM)lawesomeness Wrote: afterrrrr****

i'm gonna miss you. swerte! (good luck!) that's one less fun filipino to blade with... ='(
(Jul. 14, 2011  1:52 PM)zackorang1 Wrote: Sky sign me up
Hopefully there will not be anything wrong with your battles. Why is it every time you are in a tournament, something goes wrong with your results? Unhappy
(Jul. 14, 2011  2:10 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
Hopefully there will not be anything wrong with your battles. Why is it every time you are in a tournament, something goes wrong with your results? Unhappy

Beats the heck out of me
(Jul. 14, 2011  4:22 PM)zackorang1 Wrote:

Beats the heck out of me

I have no idea how it is always you. Not saying it is your fault because it is clearly ours (the crew), but it's just odd that it's never anyone else.

You should just be made a judge since you know what you're doing anyway and it will help prevent these problems.
(Jul. 14, 2011  4:22 PM)zackorang1 Wrote:

Beats the heck out of me

I'll watch over you again buddy. Wouldn't be the first time so I have you covered and record all of your matches on my camera along with Spin-Sonic. You're really good and I wouldn't want you to be left out. I'll be here.
(Jul. 14, 2011  4:27 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I'll watch over you again buddy. Wouldn't be the first time so I have you covered and record all of your matches on my camera along with Spin-Sonic. You're really good and I wouldn't want you to be left out. I'll be here.
Quite frankly, the superman act is very annoying, Bluezee.

Zackorang should just be taught to judge instead because he is competent and a good blader. He doesn't need to be protected, but rather, he should just be given the opportunity to step up, take some control and be a bigger part of this community. You're not the end all solution. Each individual blader has their own solutions.

There needs to be a rotation in "staff" anyway. I think our current line up is burnt out because they never get a chance to freeplay. I know I am.
(Jul. 14, 2011  4:36 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2011  4:27 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I'll watch over you again buddy. Wouldn't be the first time so I have you covered and record all of your matches on my camera along with Spin-Sonic. You're really good and I wouldn't want you to be left out. I'll be here.
Quite frankly, the superman act is very annoying, Bluezee.

Zackorang should just be taught to judge instead because he is competent and a good blader. He doesn't need to be protected, but rather, he should just be given the opportunity to step up, take some control and be a bigger part of this community. You're not the end all solution. Each individual blader has their own solutions.

There needs to be a rotation in "staff" anyway. I think our current line up is burnt out because they never get a chance to freeplay. I know I am.

I highly doubt he is trying any superman act. We had a conversation about this earlier. He is just extremely annoyed at the lack of attention paid to things in these tournaments from small rulings to larger issues such as missing an ENTIRE blader's match not once but twice in different tournaments. It is completely unacceptable and if I were zackorang, I really would not even come to any more of these if I keep getting the same results. Having a chance to freeplay has absolutely nothing to do with this so that is no excuse because I don't really ever have a chance either. If I am not judging, I am trying to help Bluezee with a parent or a group of kids who do not understand what is going on or what to do next.

I even suggested Bluezee to take the camera and watch all of Zack's matches because this should not be allowed to happen three times in a row. There would not have to be a "superman" if people would do what they had to do and not try to point fingers at each other and rely on the views of others around them to actually get something done. Bluezee is doing the right thing and he has always been protective of younger ones especially due to how badly they get cheated at times and the lack of help they receive.

So in conclusion, it's not fair to say Bluezee is trying to play "superman" when he is just doing exactly what the judges should be doing because if you had not noticed, when he is not being challenged or trying to help parents and save them from leaving these tournaments disappointed at the lack of attention and support their child is getting, he is recording the matches on a camera.