[Brooklyn, New York, 7/20/2011] King/Queen of Blades

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: King/Queen of Blades
[Image: m757ah.jpg]
Date: July 20, 2011 - Wednesday
I plan to have this tournament at 1PM and free play from 12pm-1pm. I will hold the tournament back an hour (maximum) if some bladers are stuck in traffic. Please eat lunch before you arrive. Once the 2nd round starts, I will not be accepting any entrants. If you are not present, when i call your usernames, you will lose by default. I can postpone your match if you are in the bathroom however that is the only exception. it is important to let me know ahead of time. the longest i can postpone is at the end of the round. any longer, you get a loss by default. If you postpone and you are the last battle for the round, i will wait ONLY for 15 minutes. it's more than enough time.
Venue: Kings Games 2nd floor (Please click for directions or use google maps)
1685 East 15 Street
Brooklyn, NY 11229
MY CONTACT NUMBER
(516) 428-6361
Don't call me unless it's an emergency or you're stuck in traffic. If you need directions, look online. do it now and write it down. I have no sense of direction so i would be pretty useless in terms of direction if you asked last minute.
Fees:
have passport + store fee = $5
buying passport + store fee = $15
WBO Entrance fee + store fee = $10

Expected Turnout: 30-50 people
Format: Unseeded double elimination
Prize system: store credit - it will be run by Deikailo who will possibly be selling beyblades as well (as i have been told by her in the Kings Games thread)
I AM GOING BY THE BOOK SO NO ONE COMPLAIN! I WANT TO STAY ORGANIZED!

Can the following people judge?
Deikailo
The Problem
whitewave
Jonnb
Ship Smile
Spin-Sonic
Cye Kinomiya
Keep noted that i will be keeping track of who judged what match... so before the match even starts, let me know which match you are judging. This is so i can double check if there is any error.
Let me know if you can. if you can't, let me know and i will remove your name from the list.
Smile = means you are a confirmed judge

Attendees:
Sky Prince
Ship
shadow X 9365
Ultimate Kcpj
Sniperâ„¢
StormPikachu
KillerSpinner
zackorang1
djspida5
Kittykiller
Ultra Blader#1
StormLeoneGuy
Bluezee
Spin-sonic
Evileagle4806
hydreigon
chrisfire360

Possible Attendees:
bladestriker99
Flame Aries
Deikailo
the4anime
TooManyPegasis
Blader of Chaos
FlameLeone2300
@ngle
ArmorD-00taku
ikmv
joseph317
Novashooter
Ray shooter
black wing

PLEASE! AS YOU ARE SAYING "I'm gonna make this" PLEASE! AGAIN!!! PLEASE!!! CONFIRM WITH YOUR PARENTS!!!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

When were you planning on telling me anything about the date of this event? I mean, instead of assuming I have unlimited amounts of free time, energy, and gas to dedicate to Beyblade, I would like a heads up like I asked you to give me prior to volunteering me for this.

Tuesdays are no good for me.
Im very upset that my name is not already on the attendees list. =[
(Jul. 07, 2011  7:26 PM)Deikailo Wrote: When were you planning on telling me anything about the date of this event? I mean, instead of assuming I have unlimited amounts of free time, energy, and gas to dedicate to Beyblade, I would like a heads up like I asked you to give me prior to volunteering me for this.

Tuesdays are no good for me.

i asked on the kings game's thread
(Jun. 14, 2011  7:34 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: wait so are we settled on July 19th? cause if so lemme know so i can start preparations for a proposal for the tourney. the sooner, the better. also, i need at least 8 confirmed attendees for it.
and i was waiting for some sort of response.
and idk what happened to:
(Jun. 10, 2011  11:25 AM)Deikailo Wrote: To anyone who would like to host, they should do it during mid-July.

Anyway, here is what my schedule looks like:

June 25-26 = Pride weekend (do not host; too much traffic)
July 2-3 = Fourth of July weekend (do not host; too much traffic)
July 11-12 = Free
July 18-19 = Free
July 30-31 = Otakon (I will be away)

Pick around that so I can bring prizes/stuff to sell so Alex can make a profit, you don't have to pay for anything, and people are happy because they get the opportunity to purchase beys.
i can try and change the date but please tell me what date is good for you.... i need to know before more people see this thread and ask their parents
(Jul. 07, 2011  9:15 PM)Ship Wrote: Im very upset that my name is not already on the attendees list. =[

ur up there now... and can u judge?
The most I can really do for the event is drop off Beyblades to sell and have Alex take care of it. I have to leave the community after the 18th.

Also, if this is on a Tuesday, don't expect a lot of people at 1pm. Most parents work banker's hours and will not be able to drive their kids to this. Not to mention there is a Yu-Gi-Oh event on that day around that time.

Sky, I'm not superman. You have my phone number. PM, text, facebook, or call me if I don't give you a response. As a tournament host, you can't think that everyone is going to work around you. You have to work around them if you want this to be successful, in New York especially. If I'm not hosting the event, I really feel it's irresponsible for you to imply "well you didn't give me a final response so it's all good". Even so, don't automatically assume Alex will have space available at any date you put down.

Sorry if I'm being irritable, but I have way too much going on in my life right now.
(Jul. 07, 2011  10:33 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Sorry if I'm being irritable, but I have way too much going on in my life right now.
same here...
can u ask alex if the 18th is fine... cause from the looks of the event calendar, they have tournaments every sunday from 12-5... and i want it early because of the kings games events that follow this tournament.
718-336-1955

Just call up anytime between 11am to 5pm and ask what is best for him and what time would maximize attendance. Explain the situation and he'll work with you on it.

Although, if it is the 18th, I will be probably be with Valentin in Montreal so I won't even be able to drop off Beyblades. Your best bet is to ask for the 20th because MTG Draft night only gets about 20 players tops and most of the players don't even play in the tournament. They just get the cards from the draft, try to get a mythic rare, and then bounce. That starts at 7:30pm so by time it starts, you'll almost be done.
(Jul. 07, 2011  11:14 PM)Deikailo Wrote: 718-336-1955

Just call up anytime between 11am to 5pm and ask what is best for him and what time would maximize attendance. Explain the situation and he'll work with you on it.

Although, if it is the 18th, I will be probably be with Valentin in Montreal so I won't even be able to drop off Beyblades. Your best bet is to ask for the 20th because MTG Draft night only gets about 20 players tops and most of the players don't even play in the tournament. They just get the cards from the draft, try to get a mythic rare, and then bounce. That starts at 7:30pm so by time it starts, you'll almost be done.

okay, thank you for letting me know. i will call tomorrow... from the looks of the availability time, i was a bit too late. i will ask for the 20th
Just consult with Alex if you run into any problems. He is extremely good with tournaments in general and being time efficient.
(Jul. 08, 2011  4:20 AM)bladestriker99 Wrote: Put me on possible!

ok, keep noted that we are switching to the 20th... it's not a definite date yet but i will confirm tomorrow with the owner of the venue
(Jul. 08, 2011  2:30 PM)Flame Aries Wrote: Put me on possible.
If The Problem ends up going, that may be good for you because he comes from Philly, too. Smile You might be able to work something out with his folks.

You can put me down as a possible, although, even if I get there, I may opt not to compete.
im attending
Put me on possible attendees please
I will not be able to make it on Tuesday afternoon.
(Jul. 08, 2011  7:15 PM)WhiteWave Wrote: I will not be able to make it on Tuesday afternoon.

I switched it to Wednesday.... i hope everyone is aware of that. I am calling right now to confirm it with the store owner.
EDIT: I confirmed with the store owner, it is officially on Wednesday, the 20th. Registration starts at 1pm
OK imma talk with my parents so put me in the possible attendees
(Jul. 08, 2011  7:37 PM)counterleone14 Wrote: OK imma talk with my parents so put me in the possible attendees

remember, i switched the date to the 20th. so make sure u ask if u can go on the 20th.
Im surprised I dont see any of the regulars posting here.
Wow thanks Sky Prince!I should be coming.
(Jul. 08, 2011  9:34 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: Wow thanks Sky Prince!I should be coming.

so is that an "attending" or "probably attending" and don't forget to ask your parents
Put me on the possible attendees please!
I might be able to go put me on the possible attendees list.
okay, i added eveyone who needed to be on the list HOWEVER we NEED more confirmed attendees.... it would be a bust tournament if only a small amount of people showed up. ask your parents, clear ur schedule. do what u need to do to make it. carpool with friends or friend's parents if u need transportation.